Nabari no Ou – 12
Episode at a Glance:
Realizing that Miharu plans to use the Shinrabanshou powers to help Yoite, Raimei insists on lending a hand in some way after coming to terms with what happened between Raikou and her family. Hearing this, Miharu asks her to help him get Banten’s forbidden scroll, even if it’s just information on it, which Raimei surprisingly agrees to. In the meantime, Miharu gets the Idzuna Shingan scroll from Katou (which Kotarou secretly permits with a plan in mind) and uses it to join the Kairoushuu. Having received a written invitation from the Kouga to see Miharu, Hattori believes this is perfect timing, but is unaware that this is (most-likely) part of Kotarou’s plan. After eating together, Yoite tells Miharu not to be so perplexed/concerned about him since he probably just wants to save Kumohira and the others, which makes Miharu think how different he is from when they made their promise. The next day, Yukimi, Raikou, Yoite, and Miharu pick up some new clothes before heading off towards Kouga as part of the invitation, where they plan to obtain the village’s forbidden scroll.
「眠らない学舎」 (Nemuranai Manabiya)
“School that Doesn’t Sleep”
I’m finding it a bit hard to pick sides now since the Kairoushuu are surprisingly “normal”, just like the Fuuma and Banten side we’ve become so accustomed to. While the Kairoushuu’s goals are presented as the antagonist’s side of things, the way they carry out their Nabari world conduct is no different than our protagonists. Because of this, I get the feeling that characters from both sides (other than Miharu and Yoite) will end up working together at some point down the road. That’s not to say I’m expecting some sort of Earth Alliance + ZAFT -> Orb outcome, but simply the scenario where the line between who’s supposedly good and bad begins to blur.
On another note, I’m finding Yukimi’s “saying it like it is” lines pretty funny lately, probably because that’s the type of humour I personally use in real life. Most of his lines are pretty sarcastic, much like a tsukkomi in a manzai routine.
Next time, ninjas from Kouga…?
P.S. Raikou can’t drive worth a damn. Quite the epic failure if I do say so myself.
- Rokujou Miharu (六条 壬晴) / Kugimiya Rie (釘宮 理恵)
- Yoite (宵風) / Saiga Mitsuki (斎賀 みつき)
- Kumohira Thobari Durandal (雲平・帷・デュランダル) / Namikawa Daisuke (浪川 大輔)
- Aizawa Kouichi (相澤 虹一) / Hino Satoshi (日野 聡)
- Shimizu Raimei (清水 雷鳴) / Fujimura Ayumi (藤村 歩)
- Yukimi Kazuhiko (雪見 和彦) / Tsuda Kenjirou (津田 健次郎)
- Hattori Toujuurou (服部 柊十郎) / Nakata Jouji (中田 譲治)
- Ichiki (一季) / Amano Yuri (天野 由梨)
- Shimizu Raikou (清水 雷光) / Suwabe Junichi (諏訪部 順一)
- Amatatsu Kazuho (天立 和穂) / Kano Yui (鹿野 優以)
- Fuuma Kotarou (風魔 小太郎) / Okiayu Ryoutarou (置鮎 龍太郎)
- Katou Sourou (加藤 候) / Kakihara Tetsuya (柿原 徹也)
- Grandmother (祖母) / Takizawa Kumiko (滝沢 久美子)
- Customer (客) / Saitou Jirou (斉藤 次郎)
- Customer (客) / Mori Natsuki (森 夏姫)
- Occhan (おっちゃん) / Matsuda Kenichirou (松田 健一郎)
- Shopkeeper (店主) / Sugino Hiroomi (杉野 博臣)
- Wife (妻) / Oda Fumi (織田 芙美)