CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ – 15 »« CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ – 13

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ – 14

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   01 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   02 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   03
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   04 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   05 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   06
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   07 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   08 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   09
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   10 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   11 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   12
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   13 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   14 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   15
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   16 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   17 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   18
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   19 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   20 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   21
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   22 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   23 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   24
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   25 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   26 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   27
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   28 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   29 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   30
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   31 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   32 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   33
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   34 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   35 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   36

Summary:

Even though they’ve put off a wedding ceremony until they save enough money, Tomoya and Nagisa move in together. It takes some getting used to, and Tomoya is surprised when Nagisa announces that she’ll be looking for a job. He worries about her health, but she insists that she doesn’t want to stay weak. Regardless, the two support each other and feel that they can face anything together, and through her friend Nishina, Nagisa soon finds a job working as a waitress at a new family restaurant. One night, while staring up at the sky, Tomoya brings up the legend about the light that appears when there are happy people and the wish that goes with it. He asks Nagisa what she’d wish for, and after a little bit of embarrassment, she confesses that she wants a child.

Sometime later, Tomoya and Akio get some free time to go visit Nagisa while she’s working, and Akio insists on disguising himself as MC Akio. When they reach the restaurant, Tomoya is surprised at how much the area has changed since he was last there. Both he and Akio are excited to see Nagisa in her waitress outfit, and she ends up not recognizing her father in his disguise. The other male customers are also interested in Nagisa, and when two guys try to pick her up, Akio and Tomoya step in. They scare off the guys, but Akio abandons Tomoya when it comes time to explain things to the manager. Fortunately, the manager is understanding since he knows that Nagisa is Tomoya’s wife, and he reveals that something similar happened before where Nagisa got through it fine on her own. He sees Nagisa as a person who has a weak body but is wise and strong on the inside.

That night, Nagisa informs Tomoya of how a new building is being constructed for their high school and how the old one will be demolished. This agitates Tomoya because he remembers all the good memories he had with Nagisa there, and once he explains how he feels, Nagisa apologizes for not being more considerate. Tomoya’s thoughts stay on this for the rest of the night, and he knows that everything, including the town and themselves, will change. That in turn reminds him of how, back when they first met, Nagisa had wondered if they could still love this place. A few days later, Tomoya and Nagisa pay a visit to her parents, and Akio shows Tomoya all the pictures he took of Nagisa in her waitress outfit. Their discussion is interrupted by the sounds of Nagisa and Sanae in the bathroom, and it turns out that Nagisa is nauseous. To both men’s shock, Sanae then reveals that Nagisa is pregnant, and Nagisa admits to having done ecchi things with Tomoya.

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   Preview 01 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   Preview 02 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   14   Preview 03

Wow, Nagisa’s pregnant already – that didn’t take long at all. And here I thought that they’d spend some time showing Nagisa and Tomoya getting intimate since the two can still barely hold hands without getting embarrassed… I guess there must be a lot of story to tell if we’re already at this point. In fact, to answer my question from last week, apparently Tomoya and Nagisa are not having an actual wedding ceremony until they save some money. That, for all intents and purposes, sounds like it’s a way to avoid having to devote time to a wedding, just like how they’re not spending much time on intimacy. To be clear though, I’m not disappointed or anything – I’m just pointing out how there appears to be a lot that still needs to be covered based on how they’re not devoting time to this stuff.

In any case, Akio was the highlight of this episode for me. His MC Akio was hilarious, as were all his antics and overreactions, especially when he learned that Nagisa was pregnant. With Sunohara more or less out of the picture now, I guess it falls to Akio to take on the role of comedic relief, and it worked out here quite well.

As for next week, it looks like things will continue to move along as Tomoya and Nagisa get introduced to a midwife. The character designs in the preview looked a bit off though – KyoAni probably has a different team working on the animation or something.

January 16, 2009 at 12:33 am
  • January 16, 2009 at 12:42 amChicle

Awesome, we’re getting to the good part of the plot.

• January 16, 2009 at 12:43 amMegas

…too damn funny

• January 16, 2009 at 12:47 amberamodk

Akio looks like Kamina from Gurren Lagann XD

• January 16, 2009 at 12:48 amncyphe

Dammit, it’s finally getting to the episodes I’ve been waiting for. Now I need to start downloading again.

• January 16, 2009 at 12:49 amLelouch

You’re right, lol. That last pic looks like Kamina saying his ever famous line. :D Who the hell do you think I am?!

• January 16, 2009 at 12:50 amShinji103

“Given the way things are going, I wonder how many episodes it will take before a baby is actually born.”

Well I would expect that to be near the very end of the series, given that that would be when Show Spoiler ▼

But yeah……I kinda shared Akio’s reaction to how fast that happened. O.o

And who’s the new guy? http://randomc.net/image/CLANNAD/CLANNAD%20~AFTER%20STORY~%20-%2014%20-%20Large%20Preview%2001.jpg

• January 16, 2009 at 12:52 amPhocus

• January 16, 2009 at 12:57 amOmni

Shinji103: That’s the midwife.

• January 16, 2009 at 1:10 amAmatsu

aww we didn’t get to see the “ecchi” things T-T

• January 16, 2009 at 1:12 ampaul

a midwife that looks like a guy?or is it a male midwife?is there such a thing?

• January 16, 2009 at 1:24 am:)

akio’s got the “YOU DID WHAT….?!” expression lol!!!
    this episode is awesome ^^

• January 16, 2009 at 1:33 amOutlandta

W===T PREGNANT???
    I cant even remember them hug or kiss.
    Maybe not the highlight of this anime, but still strange……..

• January 16, 2009 at 1:33 amcutemi2

where’s Asu no Yoichi! ep.2 anyway

• January 16, 2009 at 1:34 amewok

Phocus, my own words! Scratching the neck until bleed out…

• January 16, 2009 at 1:40 amAC?

NAGISA WILL DIE , CANT WAIT TOO SEE THAT !!!!!!! :D

• January 16, 2009 at 1:40 amelodie

i just hope it’s a happy endin’

• January 16, 2009 at 1:43 amGundam maniac

Sigh I think Im gonna drop it from here, Im gonna cry soon D:

• January 16, 2009 at 1:53 amMegas

c’mon ppl, that’s the whole point of the after story…to finish the story ~all of it~

This really isn’t spoiler-worthy is it: Show Spoiler ▼

Life for those two is ridiculously hard even for anime standards…but atleast its better than the constant meeting, loving, & dying that was AIR.

• January 16, 2009 at 1:53 amKaisos

Just like to point out that there wasn’t a wedding ceremony in the game either, for the same reasons.

I mean, come on. They’re a young couple with no money.

• January 16, 2009 at 1:55 amKaisos

Also, @Megas: Real life for a young couple with next to no money is pretty hard too.

Also also, be prepared to be surprised.

• January 16, 2009 at 2:24 amMegas

Kaisos: Yeah real life is also hard the other way around too, we were well off…but ours parents were even more so, they had a say in everything. 31 yrs is a long time & they still get on my nerves.

This anime tries to devote itself to ‘real life’ but there are no life-saving orbs in real life either. In the end, its still just a game. But that’s what makes this so good. I have to hand in to Key for constantly developing anime/games that can be both real & metaphyscial.

I enjoy the real part more so than the metaphysical. The thing about the after story is that the real is much more prominent than the metaphysical. I would prefer that they keep the orbs out of this. Its not like they can’t keep Nagisa alive w/o them. Whenever this anime goes metaphysical, it just seems weird, but its not annoying by far. Too bad noithting this anime will do now can surprise me. Most of us already know about the great ending that Tomoya gets if we screwed up the game – I actually like that kind of stuff (ymmm, suffering) & the ‘true’ happy one when we completed the whole game…I wish they would do a complete movie about the prior – yeah they cut the movie off about halfway through. The suicide watch numbers would go through the roof.

• January 16, 2009 at 3:32 amW-General

Holy crap!!!! Tomoya became a man! LOLOLOL

Throughout the whole episode I was thinking “When are they going to do it” and was kinda caught by surprised at the end of the episode.

I am guessing “it” happened when Nagisa asked if she could have a baby >____>
    That seemed the most likely to me

• January 16, 2009 at 3:42 amewww

I’m hoping for a “making a baby” OVA =D kyoani is oing a good job, but T_T at least let us see the kiss

• January 16, 2009 at 4:10 amGP

Yeah, wth! No kiss at least? That’s just not right. And man, Tomoya, on your first try? Or was it the 2nd time around? Still, god damn.

• January 16, 2009 at 4:25 amKaisos

I’m pretty sure this episode takes place over a couple weeks or months.

And I’m also pretty sure they’ve kissed. Just not onscreen.

• January 16, 2009 at 5:08 ammutio

Agree @ Shinjii103
    The question is how they adopt the game there.

Personaly I think they’ll go for the bad ending – as that’d be typical to end such anime these days. Well I shouldn’t complain, don’t watch this show anyways, know the game already, that’s enough :)

• January 16, 2009 at 5:24 amewww

@Kaisos
    Im pretty sure too, but, damn it! can’t u feel the frustration?

• January 16, 2009 at 5:42 ammy heart

Nagisa-chan is PREGGY!!!

• January 16, 2009 at 5:54 amKerath

Ha ha ! Someone came inside too much ^^

• January 16, 2009 at 6:01 amKaisos

@mutio: I’m pretty sure they’ll do both. The game relied on some form of time travel/alternate universes too, so it makes sense.

For that matter, released episode titles fully indicate that Show Spoiler ▼

• January 16, 2009 at 6:24 amAnonymous

@AC?

you’re an ass and fubar…

now stfu…

LoLz

• January 16, 2009 at 7:04 amGundam 00

ahhhhh are they in a position to get pregent coz like they can’t even afford a proper wedding. also to answer all the questions about getting pregent you just need to hold and and you get pregent.

• January 16, 2009 at 7:51 amDan

I laughed with akios GAR look (comeone who didnt think about a certain guy with epic sunglasses?)

Also… I shat brix when I heard “Tomoya and I have been doing naughty things with each other”

• January 16, 2009 at 7:53 amDan

Also, I went back and watched the first two episodes after noticing something about nagisa and I can tell somehow that she definatly looks older than the first episode.
    The changes are so subtle I didnt even notice at first.

• January 16, 2009 at 10:02 amsome guy

Pretty sure they CAN’T show nagisa and tomoya kissing.

All the fanboys heads will explode in unison…
    Hell, if otaku are lobbying for the right to MARRY 2D characters over there
    I doubt they’d take too kindly to anyone defiling “Their” precious nagisa!
    lmao

• January 16, 2009 at 10:10 amTadloS

So Nagisa is now pregnant? Huh. They just get married and she got pregnant on second night. Pretty fast if you ask me. And she telled clearly to her parents what they slept together. I don’t know if I could said like this. :D

Begining of episode was hilarious. “Son” “Dad”. In fact almost all episode was funny. Especially MC Akio (gonna make set of MC Akio).

And yeah, agree about next episode. Characters designs a bit differs. Probably new animator of Clannad.

Well, I very enjoyed this episode(though I’m enjoyed all episodes of After Story).

• January 16, 2009 at 10:34 amHud

I still can’t see why Akio should be over reacting. Nagisa and Tomoya are married now, so she can fuck him all she wants.

• January 16, 2009 at 11:08 amJunko Tamiya

It is not surprising that they decided to wait on the wedding ceremony. An average wedding ceremony in Japan runs for about $50,000 USD.

Realize that Tomoya has only really been employed for a relatively short period of time, and missed out on the higher-paying job, due to events regarding his father.

The couple cannot rely on family money from Tomoya’s father to pay for the wedding. And considering that Nagisa’s parents run a small bakery, where even Nagisa’s mother has to teach part-time in addition, to help pay bills… it is unlikely that they could really help that much for a ceremony.

So, the lack of a ceremony was more due to in-plot realities than “a way to avoid having to devote time to a wedding”.

• January 16, 2009 at 11:09 amExia

nothing can surprise me now. ive been desentisized by all the spoilerifc comments from long ago. STILL NOW I CAN HANDL IT!!. /cries manly tears.

• January 16, 2009 at 11:14 amJunko Tamiya

Just as an observation, while Nagisa’s family name was changed in the ending credits of episode 13, they have not changed it in the opening of episode 14 yet.

• January 16, 2009 at 11:28 amsk3

I never played the game before but i like this series, and looking by everyone’s comments i have the feeling that Nagisa will die when the baby borns… or at least that should be one of the “bad endings” in the game i guess.

• January 16, 2009 at 12:42 pmPAKxNihon

Overall this ep was awsome, however it is a considerable failure. As discussed before it seems to be skipping through some important scenes, of course im not saying that they should put sex scenes or something like that but they can´t just skip the kissing and the romantic scenes that lead into “The Baby”(the making of;P), in other words they pretty much skipped from “we love each other-lets hold hands” to “Hurray, I´m pregnant and BTW we slept together muhahah”.

• January 16, 2009 at 12:53 pmConfusedGirl29

WOW! She’s pregnant? I knew that she would have a baby but… still didn’t see that one coming, cuz they haven’t even been kissing and they sleep in two futons. They even think it’s hard to hold hand, how can she be pregnant hahaha

• January 16, 2009 at 1:13 pmkersi

Well, it was quite obvious that they will have a baby, I suspect it will be born quite soon. Moreover, I thought about something similar when I saw the fist few scenes of ending. This leaping figure which is at the beginning of ED its their child, girl of course. :)

• January 16, 2009 at 2:25 pmSyNc

Whoohoo! nice eps this time… never thought of nagisa getting pregnant in an instant of 1 episode.. ^^ Sneaky little bastard r we tomoya? nyahaha! well i hope Sunohara can get a girlfriend too… Man! I pity that guy… Maybe him having a girlfriend will change his personality too.. Hope they give this guy a little chance^^

• January 16, 2009 at 3:00 pmJason Isenberg

Lol the whole “Dad/Son” skit was epic as so was the restaurant scene haha

• January 16, 2009 at 3:05 pmMegas

Ahh, they didn’t show the ecchi scenes…oh please, this is wholesome television ppl. Everything doesn’t have to have pantsu, perverts, & sex to be popular. This isn’t Itazura na Kiss, its Clannad. I even let my 5 & 6 yo grandkids watch this…but they even watch Hellsing so there you go – I really don’t care :P

Bah, sex to Key IS holding hands & kissing is S&M…muahahahahahaa.

• January 16, 2009 at 3:25 pmKinny Riddle

Omni, I don’t understand why you’re questioning the reason behind Tomoya and Nagisa not marrying. Maybe they do want to have a ceremony, but look at their financial situation, at the moment it’s just not feasible for them to have one.

• January 16, 2009 at 4:31 pmsteelman

Awesome episode. Definitely the best so far (but I have to admit it, Akio’s my 2nd favorite character after Ushio…).

This said, I am a bit sad that they cut the “baby making” scene from the game. Not that they showed sex or anything in the game, but the buildup to Tomoya and Nagisa finally sleeping together was actually very nice.

Finally, I am surprised that they moved into the pregnant Nagisa arc so fast… If Ushio (the baby) is going to be born in Ep. 16 like the episode title suggests, I do not really know how they are going to fill the remaining 8 episodes. The game has a bunch of side stories, but they can’t really fit them after Ushio is born without killing the mood of the story (assuming they are going down the bad ending path, which seems a given).

• January 16, 2009 at 4:32 pmDan

@PAKxNihon

I suggest you and only you open this spoiler tag ole chap:

If you actually read through all this, you now understand the full scope of a simple visual novel…

…Because I only recently discovered some interesting things embedded in the storyline and I have had this game for a year and a half…

• January 16, 2009 at 4:34 pmarigatou

The ecchi things would probably be shown in the DVD.

• January 16, 2009 at 5:20 pmPachi

ooooh dios que buen kapituloo! ya quiero ver el que sigue!!

• January 16, 2009 at 5:54 pmcheers

Ye Nagisa will die but she will be alive at the End !

well atleast if they follow the game that is :D

• January 16, 2009 at 7:30 pmBROOKLYN otaku

ITS COMING!!!!! i’m not watching but waiting….like the sicko that i am… P.S that tomoya neede some life lessons ..seriously ,way to throw ur life away dude. but he will be free soooon bwhahahahahahahah!

• January 16, 2009 at 9:53 pmjho

Akio was def. the highlight for me this episode.

• January 16, 2009 at 11:11 pmbeeboobeeboo

I thought Clannad was supposed to teach people about the importance of family and such?
    Why is it teaching people about bad parenting now (how can Tomoya possibly support a child with his salary right now)?

• January 17, 2009 at 12:36 amjoez

@beeboobeeboo

Ahh, you must be from the states. Sorry to burst your igoramus world, but we eastern peep are poles apart from your expectation. Well, when I first got married, my salary was quite low too. The house we rent was really like the one rented by Tomoya; in fact, the furniture we had was only a computer table, as I am one of those that cannot live without the internet.

• January 17, 2009 at 1:43 amblank space

@steelman

Ushio arc is long enough to fill in all the remaining episodes

@beeboobeeboo

Protip: Importance of Family/Parenting/etc! = Financial Stability

At least get the important facts right first before posting

• January 17, 2009 at 5:20 amperv

nagisa preg00=bigger tits
    =D wanna see xDD

• January 17, 2009 at 7:39 amcheers

i realy hope they do follow the game so nagisa wont be dead for long !

• January 17, 2009 at 9:31 ammegalith

@Phocus

LOL! Damn!! How come I never remembered that!

• January 17, 2009 at 9:48 amlinkinstreet

well actually this is a theory, but it might be true

• January 17, 2009 at 5:36 pmTuuli

Do you think wewill ever here of Tomoyo’s mother?
    She died at some point in some car accident or somethin, right? I suppose doesn’t remember her because he was so small but still.
    And yeah, it was quite funny to watch this episod at times. She already pregnant…woah.

• January 17, 2009 at 7:43 pmgrey

@joez

Jump to conclusions much? Someone makes a comment you disagree with and that automatically labels them as an idiot American, right? And they’re the igNoramus?

The United States of America – Your Global Source for Penis Envy since 1945.

• January 17, 2009 at 9:01 pmGzus

Why wasn’t Tomoya using a condom?

• January 18, 2009 at 4:35 amKaisos

She DID want a baby…

• January 18, 2009 at 12:58 pmGinko

Getting married straight out of highschool, working at dead-end jobs, living in a shabby appartment AND now pregnant?! What is this? Hillbillies in Tokyo? :P
    So next up; Nagisa will wear a tracksuit and eating pickles all day long and Tomoyo gets home drunk every night, because his life is going nowhere.:P

But seriously I like this show, even though some odd things are happening now.
    Most romantic comedies shows end when someone confessed their love or after the first kiss.

• January 18, 2009 at 1:36 pmayamin

Aww man. I was hoping for some early-marriage awkwardness. They touched at it slightly when Nagisa was taking that shower and Tomoyo was kinda freaking out…but common, not even a kiss?

Still, cute episode.

• January 18, 2009 at 11:11 pmslamdunkfan

for some reason, i keeping feeling nagisa is destined to die eventually due do her weak health, nagisa was never my fav character anyways. i say kill of nagisa and hook tomoya with one of the other girls.

• January 19, 2009 at 8:18 pmcheers

well she probably gonna die in episode 16 oder 17, but ye it looks like its gonna have the good ending still its so sad even if u know she wont be dead forever :(

• January 20, 2009 at 3:17 amlinkinstreet

@slamdunkfan
    That’s where you fail. The show IS about Tomoya’s love to Nagisa. He’d never forget her if she dies. Just as Akio is true to only Sanae, Nagisa is the only one that Tomoya cares deeply for.

• January 21, 2009 at 7:46 pmDragoZERO

Akio’s sunglasses were win. And I hope this doesn’t end like the movie.

• January 22, 2009 at 8:11 pmfilphil

I can’t believe they played “palm of a tiny hand”. That song makes me T_T

• January 29, 2009 at 11:32 pmwatch tv series

amazing sites…

• January 30, 2009 at 3:45 pmdesho?

AKA-CHAN DESU!

D:

• January 30, 2009 at 3:48 pmdesho?

jajajaja. (:
    i liked it when she told her parents straight out that it did not “come from the stork”. XD

• February 28, 2009 at 5:17 pmMarie

You guys gotta get Chrome Shelled regios!!! It’s totally legit!

• February 28, 2009 at 5:18 pmMarie

You guys gotta get Chrome Shelled Regios!!! It’s totally legit! I know you guys will LOVE it!!!!

• April 17, 2009 at 5:48 pmKasumi

That totally took me off by surprise. They haven’t even kissed yet and they already did it. Hm…I’m literally shocked by it all. ^^”

• August 27, 2009 at 11:39 amstarss

OMG I HAD to laugh when he put on those shades! When was Gurren Lagann in production compared to Clannad?

I’m glad the “ecchi” stuff was off-screen actually. ;)

• October 18, 2010 at 3:41 pminfinite