CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ – 18 »« CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ – 16

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ – 17

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   01 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   02 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   03
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   04 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   05 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   06
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   07 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   08 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   09
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   10 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   11 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   12
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   13 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   14 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   15
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   16 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   17 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   18
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   19 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   20 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   21
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   22 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   23 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   24
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   25 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   26 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   27
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   28 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   29 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   30

Summary:

It’s been five years since Ushio was born, and Tomoya’s life has been a cycle of eating, working, and sleeping. He wants to forget everything and just keep working without taking any time off because any time he has to himself is painful. Tomoya also still feels that meeting, dating, marrying, and having a child with Nagisa was all a mistake. One day, he’s visited by Sanae who invites him out on a date. She knows that he hasn’t been getting out enough, and while on this date, she proposes that the entire family goes somewhere. Tomoya is reluctant, but Sanae keeps pressing him, so eventually he gives in. On the agreed upon day, Tomoya heads to the Furukawa house, but he finds neither Sanae nor Akio around. There’s only a note saying that the two had to go out because of some urgent business, and they’re leaving everything to him. As Tomoya soon realizes, that includes Ushio. The young girl doesn’t know where Sanae and Akio went, but she tells Tomoya that she wants to go on a trip. Tomoya decides that they can’t because Sanae and Akio aren’t there, however this means that he has to watch over Ushio for the rest of the day.

Tomoya isn’t quite sure what to do with Ushio during this time and smokes instead. He let Sanae and Akio raise her during the past five years, and he’s missed most of the key moments of her childhood. Ushio plays on her own, but when she falls down and breaks a toy, Tomoya helps her fix it. Later, he heads out to the supermarket to buy some food, and Ushio follows him. He happens to run into Sanae and Akio’s neighbor Isogai while he’s there, and she comments on how lonely it must be for Ushio not to be able to see him. Tomoya ends up making fried rice for lunch, but Ushio refuses to take more than one bite of it because of the pepper he put in it. Instead, she just wants white rice, and once he gives her a bowl of it, she adds some furikake and starts eating. Sanae and Akio don’t come home that night, so Tomoya stays and watches over Ushio. The next day, the two have nothing to do, and after Ushio uses the toilet on her own and proudly announces it, Tomoya decides to take her on a trip after all. Ushio is okay with it just being the two of them, so they pack and set out.

As they walk side by side, Tomoya thinks to himself that, up until now, Sanae or Akio has always been there when he was with Ushio. This is the first time the two have been alone together like this since she was born, and he wonders to himself where they’re trying to go.

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   Preview 01 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   Preview 02 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   17   Preview 03

Wow, they jumped forward through a lot of time between last episode and this. I’m glad though that they did because I really didn’t want to watch an episode or two’s worth of Tomoya being depressed. That was essentially all covered in the first few minutes of this episode before the story moved on to Tomoya’s rehabilitation and the building of his relationship with his daughter. On that note, it was frustrating watching how distant he was initially to Ushio, and what really irked me was that he was smoking when she was around. Secondhand smoke is horrible for children, and even if he doesn’t want to be Ushio’s father, he doesn’t need to be exposing her to something that could kill her.

Speaking of Ushio, it’s hard to get over how cute she is. She’s like a mini-Nagisa, and she manages to be adorable in almost all of the scenes that she’s in. I also thought that it was a nice touch how the room literally brightened when she showed up, symbolic of how she represents the brightening of Tomoya’s future after so many years of depression. The other thing I want to comment on is that, despite my criticism surrounding it last week, I liked the lead-in to the ED this week with Ushio skipping along. I hadn’t realized that it was her (always assumed it was Nagisa) in the ED, and even though that doesn’t make using it last week any better, it does make it feel appropriate for this part of the story.

Oh and on a random note, it was good to see the stuffed giant anteater again. I think the last time it showed up was in episode 12 of the first series, and I didn’t expect it to see it again.

February 6, 2009 at 10:45 am
  • February 6, 2009 at 10:52 amKuroReishin

Well, this is pretty good compared to the movie. The mood is a little bright, and not too depressing.

• February 6, 2009 at 10:53 amYukiruchan

weeee~

• February 6, 2009 at 10:56 amConfusedGirl29

At first I was kinda afraid of Tomoya, the way he acted around Ushio… but even though he’s so scary Ushio is still supercute^^ Looks exactly like Nagisa. I love the part when she came back bragging about how she managed to go to the potty alone and he got pissed of saying he can do it too XD

• February 6, 2009 at 10:56 amIsayama yomi

Ushio…is so cute….

• February 6, 2009 at 10:59 amSeedStriker

Well, at least Tomoya don’t neglect his daughter in the way anybody would expect after last week. The main difference between what happened to Tomoya with his father and what’s doing now with Ushio is that Sanae and Akio habe been taking care of her, a fact that Tomoya didn’t have. It’s like he wasn’t ready to raise her (at least not without Nagisa), but with Ushio now as a mini-Nagisa, is nearly impossible to not care.

• February 6, 2009 at 11:01 amX

Really, I am starting to hate Tomoya’s behaviour around Ushio, man if what i think he did in the preview http://randomc.net/image/CLANNAD/CLANNAD%20~AFTER%20STORY~%20-%2017%20-%20Large%20Preview%2002.jpg is correct then Im gonna hate the guy more. Seriously, his mindset is too messed up, just because he blames himself for causing Nagisa’s death, doesn’t mean he had to take it out on Ushio as well, by almost ignoring her existence.

• February 6, 2009 at 11:01 amnj_neto

Shio-Chan Fighto! Dayo~! >_<

• February 6, 2009 at 11:16 amEdgars

I already from beginning knew, that in the ED was Tomoya’s and Nagisa’s daughter Ushio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:))

• February 6, 2009 at 11:19 amEdgars

Yeah! I’m quite shoked, that Tomoya didn’t react that Ushio is so much alike Nagisa!!!
    I’m more curious about this one – http://randomc.net/image/CLANNAD/CLANNAD%20~AFTER%20STORY~%20-%2017%20-%20Large%20Preview%2003.jpg Tomoya probably will leave Ushio somewhere!!!! But i hope that i’m wrong!

• February 6, 2009 at 11:32 amSilent Minstrel

Ushio FTW!!! She is just tooo cute! Mini-Nagisa!!!

I think Tomoya neglected Ushio because she grew too much into a mini-Nagisa…He just don’t want to get constantly reminded about the worst thing happened in his life.

• February 6, 2009 at 12:02 pmmutio

Next week seems to be some drama again? Ushio is cute btw :)

• February 6, 2009 at 12:17 pmbrianleung8912

XD XD i like the bit where they eat rice ^^ tomoya’s rice looks nice :’(

• February 6, 2009 at 12:22 pmsteelman

Yeah finally my favorite character arrived on screen!

@X and Edgar: please wait for the next two episodes before passing judgment on Tomoya; they are also the best part of the story in the visual novel in my opinion. I’ve waited over a year for the scene shown in the OP of the first season :).

• February 6, 2009 at 12:33 pmDiss

Him smoking around her for a day isn’t that bad for her. If he was actually living with her I’d say yeah he should give it up but every once in a while isn’t going to give you cancer.

• February 6, 2009 at 12:41 pmMark

“he doesn’t need to be exposing her to something that could kill her.”

…what? Since when can being around smoke occasionally for a few years of your childhood kill you? Sure, it’s horrible to be around but if my dad didn’t smoke I likely wouldn’t have spent my life avoiding it as soon as I was old enough to know how. If being subjected to it has shown me never to do it then, in hindsight, I kind of appreciate my father doing it. Even if he was just being selfish.

• February 6, 2009 at 12:57 pmSilentmanX

Two things I wanna say:

1) Tomoya & Nagisa were suppose to have a son after they have a daughter, because in the game they have a son and it is that point were she either live or die. How come they didn’t put the son?

2) Hehehehehe….Ushio is just so adorable, you just want to hug her

• February 6, 2009 at 1:00 pmMegas

Holy f-in shiz, Ushio is overcute…even more so than her mother. I told ya that girl had potential. Its very nice that they didn’t show the 3 years of Tomoya dissing Ushio & being all depressed like in the movie (reused footage is unforgiveable). BTW, it was around this time that he left her again so just wait it out.

I really don’t care about being politically correct. Smoking (1st or 2nd hand) doesn’t automatically give you cancer. My folks smoked around us for too long b4 they finally gave it up…I had to endure it for 22 f-in years. It was their final kid that made them do it anyways even though it was me & my wife that was taking care of her. Besides, we all know that she have the same disease as her mother so it won’t be the smoke that kills her :(

Ganbare Tomoya, your life is about to get much more fecked than it already is. But who cares about that. Ushio is just the pure reincarnation of Nagisa, even down to the way she falls on her face. Damn cute, this is the first time I felt like this in a very long time. Heh, if my kids want to hit me up for cash, now is the time to do it :D

• February 6, 2009 at 1:33 pmQuen

Darling Ushio is very moe, very much like her lovely mother was.

• February 6, 2009 at 2:18 pmEdgars

Hmmm… Well steelman. You could not say that ‘couse I always will wait and watch these series until the end! It’s quite painfull to admit, that Clannad will end again and probably this time it will be permanently! I hope that ending will be ”killer” good!!

:))

• February 6, 2009 at 2:29 pmChimasternmay

soo cuteee.

• February 6, 2009 at 2:30 pmAndy

Ushio is… too… CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• February 6, 2009 at 2:49 pmAron

Ushio is so MOEEEE, It’s a chibi nagisa but I’m not sure that what happen next.
    I’m concerned about drama. Much remains to complete the serie.

• February 6, 2009 at 3:07 pmAnonymous

Ushio should not be worried about second hand smoke, she should be worried about Magical AIDS.

• February 6, 2009 at 3:25 pmlavarock

In asia your dad smokes around you, and there is nothing you can do about it (and you shouldnt’ because your should always be respectful to your father). It’s just how it works.

• February 6, 2009 at 3:39 pmani_d

aww it’s like Nagisa just got smaller lol I actually liked this episode more than I think I would.

• February 6, 2009 at 3:56 pmShinji103

Huh. So they time-skip to get us past Tomoya’s depression…..so what are they going to do for the whole last 6 episodes? O.o

• February 6, 2009 at 4:11 pmStory

I’m…actually looking forward to seeing this, surprisingly. I’d thought this week would be a drag; skipping over all of Tomoya’s character developement being undone and straight to it being (slooowly) patched up again is a heartily welcome surprise.

• February 6, 2009 at 4:41 pmBroth3R

Will it be a surprising ending like Kanon 2006? Well he end up with someone again? Who knows! The ending is very important, and it a long way to go yet. Weee! It’s not that bad! Or should I say, it not that depressing like the movie. Weeee!!!

• February 6, 2009 at 4:50 pmDan

@ megas:
    I STILL smoke and I don’t have cancer. people focusing on tomoyas habits would be best to stop.

Frankly, I just stared at Ushio for a minute or two and said “You, little girl, are a clone of your mother”
    You will see a progressive change for the next episode. Most, if not all of it being dedicated to ushio and tomoyas train trip north (I still say its Aomori prefecture…).

This episode did a good job of giving everyone a brutal and honest layout of tomoyas life and how nagisas death affected him.

BTW the little skip at the end of the episode leading to a seamless transition to the end credits made me laugh a fair bit.

I’ve really got nothing to say in terms of bad for this episode since the greytone did well to convey tomoyas sense of isolation in comparison to the people around him. His manner of speaking when sanae showed up suggested he did care for ushio but saw himself as unfit due to naisas death and the kind of person he thinks he is.
    Its a roller coaster ride from here. I suspect inspired tears in 2 weeks. I really do. then a week after that the Yelling of a certain taro type character we all know and miss.

• February 6, 2009 at 5:22 pmAC?

ACTUALY HAGISA WAS IN COMA FOR PAST 5 YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xDDDD

lets repeat Rumbling Heats story :D

• February 6, 2009 at 5:46 pmRemy

I will admit that Ushio is undeniably adorable!

However, I would’ve loved it had Tomoyo simply walked out the door after reading the note, leaving Ushio to fend for herself. It would’ve been just hilarious!

Clannad – Second Story: Child Abandonment!

• February 6, 2009 at 7:12 pmblank space

“Tomoya & Nagisa were suppose to have a son after they have a daughter, because in the game they have a son and it is that point were she either live or die. How come they didn’t put the son?”

That’s absolutely bullshit. Ushio was always a girl in the VN.

• February 6, 2009 at 7:14 pmblank space

And Ushio is an only child.

• February 6, 2009 at 7:22 pmPachi

Ushiioo que monisima pero lastima que tengan una mala relacion padre e hija y queria ver como se animaba todo este tramo de la historia y la verdad gusta mucho lo han humanizado muy bien espero con ansias el otro

• February 6, 2009 at 7:52 pmGStrike-

WTF Nagisa died already O.o I gotta start watching this series again >_<;;

• February 6, 2009 at 7:54 pmmysterious

So that douche tomoya hates his dad and then did the same after nagisa dies. I bet nagisa will smile in heaven knowingly the one that impregnated her throw away the child after she died and considered all the things with her is a mistake to begin with. I never thought I could find a male lead more detesable than makoto and suzaku.

• February 6, 2009 at 8:22 pmWanderer

@mysterious,

-I know Suzaku is in Code Geass, but which Mokoto did you refer to?

• February 6, 2009 at 8:22 pmWanderer

@mysterious,

-I know Suzaku is in Code Geass, but which Makoto did you refer to?

• February 6, 2009 at 8:25 pmfry

School Days probably…

• February 6, 2009 at 8:26 pmolivia

it’s hard to believe that Sanae is a grandmother… a very young grandmother indeed.

And Ushio (what an ugly name, regardless of the symbolism) looks more like Nagisa’s clone than her daughter.

• February 6, 2009 at 8:27 pmtg8

This is not real. The 5 year child is not supposed to be so quiet.
    If Ushio were a real kid, you’d be tired in 5 minutes. In 15 – you’d be searching for a tool to silence her forever.

Just kidding)
    And let God kill one cat-girl here)

• February 6, 2009 at 8:31 pmGundam Maniac

wait a sec, that uniform………. I think Kyou’s gonna be her teacher

• February 6, 2009 at 8:43 pmtacdo

ushio so cute

• February 6, 2009 at 8:54 pmJiagavanniy

Omg!! i ruve Ushio-chan her cute wittr big Gurl voice and all xD. she is sOOpa Doopa CUTESH!!.. and she does look like Nagisa more than Tyo XD =[ i hope Tyo will be a good father in the next Ep on!!X3

• February 6, 2009 at 8:55 pmdesho?

Well, at least it isn’t as bad as it could get, right?
    He could’ve still been COMPLETELY neglecting his daughter.

• February 6, 2009 at 9:02 pmMegas

tg8, you’re too right. As an uncle to 5 & 6 yo’s (my kids are all grown-teens now), they destroy the house & get into everything – & they really make you want to END them AND their parents. Never have your family (cousins, bothers, sisters) live with you when they get older – they’ll mooch off of you forever.

I can’t really pinpoint Ushio’s persona. All 5 & 6 yo’s are selfish, hyperactive, & will get everything they can from you if they get the chance. I don’t mind spoiling them since their parents can’t and all. But 5 & 6 yo’s tend to fall on their faces a lot, especially the boys so she’s real in that context. I guess she’s like that becuase she doesn’t know her father that well…but if she was real she would turn into a selfish brat in 5 minutes & she’ll make you go into deathmode in 15, just as you said.

• February 6, 2009 at 9:12 pmMilk Boy

i tink ushio will get lost in the ep.
    anyway ushio is CUTE~!

• February 6, 2009 at 9:14 pmDeathclock

Ushio-chan.. KAWAIIIIIIIIIII! OMOCHIKAERI!!

• February 6, 2009 at 9:36 pmbanzemanga

Ya. I also remembered that stuffed animal.

I usually feel like punching male protagonist weaklings who say that they can’t do anything and have the females suffer. Well this managed me to want to punch some strong willed male character. Tomoya’s attitude was just horrible. I guess that is the good thing about this series, it was able to bring that emotion deep from me.

• February 6, 2009 at 9:45 pmDan

@olivia: Thats an issue of perception. Remember, in japan all names are essentially words . Kind of like the native american names.

• February 6, 2009 at 9:47 pmDan

@megas: her raising is a reflection of what she saw in sanae and a wanting to be with her dad all the time. based upon all the toys in the room, I could assume when she is with akio and sanae she is a bit of a differant person around them.
    We will likely see the “true” ushio, the non withdrawn and shy one soon enough.

Remember, ushio was raised for 5 years without her dad and probably longed to be with him.

• February 6, 2009 at 9:50 pmtg8

By the way, people, where is Akio – The Grand Father?!
    Is he trapped in despair in place of Tomoya?
    Were he also “not around” for these 5 years, the Ushio’s temper is less surprising.
    Sanae’s mood of dating is there for the proof, as well.. ;)

• February 6, 2009 at 10:01 pmninja penguin

Sanae is ageing very well for a Granny. That must be some mighty powerful anti-wrinkle cream she uses lol. :D

• February 6, 2009 at 10:02 pmUrs

Man..I know this episode was a little bit more cheerful than the previous ones, and that Ushio is super cute, but I seriously couldn’t watch more than a minute without my eyes tearing up again. It’s so not right without Nagisa. BRING HER BACK!!!

• February 6, 2009 at 10:42 pmiidingoii

• February 6, 2009 at 10:44 pmxoxotasha

nyahhh~ ushio is so cute xD

• February 6, 2009 at 11:01 pmMikapon

@iidingoii

• February 6, 2009 at 11:19 pmZeke Wilder

Ushio is so cute, looks just like her mama. I wonder if she knows Tomoya is her daddy? You know with her basically being raised by Akio and Sanae. But anyway, Tomoya looks so cold, and he kinda looks like he doesn’t care about anything, even his own daughter. It’s just the expression on his face. And smoking?! Come on dude, don’t inhale that gas. Anyway my main point is that Tomoya is just so gloomy looking and he doesn’t need to feel guilty about Nagisa’s death, things happen and there’s nothing you can do about it.

• February 7, 2009 at 12:33 amExia

lol even i knew that was Ushio skipping in the ed. When did Nagisa Ever skip? and look at those tiny short lets. After Story feels SO different now that nagisa is gone :*(

• February 7, 2009 at 12:57 amSuperscooper

It’s funny to see how many people are dropping the series just because something bad happens. Come on guys, we wouldn’t know what is good if there is no bad. There are certainly more depressing things to come but there WILL be a good ending if they are following the novel.

@ iidingoii & Mikapon

• February 7, 2009 at 1:47 amDan

@ all you people peculating on the ending to this series:

• February 7, 2009 at 7:58 amSuperscooper

ok? Umm thanks for boasting urself… but it does’nt really matter who called it first but if it’s that important… then yay for u?

• February 7, 2009 at 8:20 amAndri

Tomoya shld remarry, any ideas? i’m thinking tomoyo for tomoya

• February 7, 2009 at 10:00 amriki

is cute ;_; nagisa

• February 7, 2009 at 10:09 ammegalith

Ushio is so cute!!!! I mean really cute! She was so adorable in this ep.

• February 7, 2009 at 11:08 amKyuu

I like it when Ushio pushed Tomoya’s fried rice aside and eat her own white rice instead…lool. Btw…i oso tot Tomoya will b surprised to see her cos she is totally alike wif Nagisa!!!

• February 7, 2009 at 5:04 pmYangorang

lol Ushio is such a mini-Nagisa…did Tomoya even contribute any genes…

• February 7, 2009 at 6:30 pmBroth3R

After you watched other two series made by same person, it is hard to predict what the ending is. For Kanon 2006, the ending surprised me. As for Air, it was sad, yet, touching end. I bet it going to be another surprised ends :D

• February 7, 2009 at 8:34 pmsoyahoney

Can’t believe Akio actually made her say, “Akii” and not “Ojiisan”.

Did anyone notice that the anteater plush is another reference to Kanon 02/ Kanon 06 for Mai?

My fave. lines were “Ita…da…ki…ma…su…”. That was too cute. Another is “I went all on my own” during the potty scenes. That rice scene was awesome too.

If I remember correctly, the movie had Ushio appear in the end after Tomoya’s train trip, but I like this better. He can bond and see what he’s missing and not missing. In the movie, Tomoyo and Sunohara came before the trip to consult with Tomoya. His dad came too, but we can save all the emo and drama for later.

I really adore mini-Nagisa. I think by now we have a clue about the Girl and Robot scenerio. I also hope Ushio can call Tomoya, “Otousan” because she hasn’t said it yet. ^^

• February 7, 2009 at 10:35 pmRyuuya

OMG Ushio is wayyyyy tooooo cuteeeeeeeee!! But that damned Tomoya neglects about her and… for the next week’s episode’s preview made me feel like killing him when he said “Keep it down! Think about those around you a little!”. ARGHH THAT JUST PISSES ME OFF!

• February 7, 2009 at 10:57 pmRauzes

I cannot imagine this face saying: “Hows my grandchild doing?”

• February 7, 2009 at 11:16 pmAndrewYY

No specifics on what happened to Nagisa…

If Ushio gets sick, Tomoya could use those light spheres…

and Fuko has to show up too…

how the hell is kyoani gonna fit it all in? It already feels compressed.

• February 7, 2009 at 11:33 pmLayla-san

ushio was so cute especially when she was eating the rice tomoya made. so kawaii!!

• February 7, 2009 at 11:35 pmSuperstar

OMG Ushio is super cute totally mini-Nagisa and i didint even relize that it was her in the ED!! BTW Tomoya is so mean to her especially in the preview!

• February 8, 2009 at 12:46 amCheesehead Dave

Ushio never called him “dad” throughout the entire episode, and she seemed to have a puzzled look when the neighbor called Tomoyo “family”. I wonder if Ushio knows that he’s her dad?

• February 8, 2009 at 3:16 amithekro

Nagisa’s looks….Tomoya’s personality.

• February 8, 2009 at 11:45 amOmar

…who the hell writes these reviews? They’re terrible. “Second hand smoke is bad for kids.”

Yeah, we know.

• February 9, 2009 at 1:57 amDexter

Damn I’m remembering Eminem songs in relation with Tomoya’s attitude in this episode. They should have a funeral of Nagisa? How does the Japanese do funerals?

• February 9, 2009 at 2:42 amDoctor Awesome

Ushio doesn’t look like much of a combination of Tomoya and Nagisa. It looks more as if Nagisa impregnated herself and gave birth to Ushio.

• February 9, 2009 at 4:45 amxfyux

yeha they do… they were like white headbands or something

• February 9, 2009 at 5:44 amLumi

;__; i dunno why but this made me tear up anyway. just nagisa not being there depressed me.

*sobs

ushio kawaii~

• February 9, 2009 at 10:34 amThe Enigmatic Moondoggiebuiscuit

Cute and yet painful. If my wife died leaving me a little girl to raise I might have fared worse. Tomoya will still feel more pain however asShow Spoiler ▼

Poor Ushio!

• February 9, 2009 at 2:17 pmippeis

i kinda didnt like
    this episode D: but
    i cant wait to see
    the next one :)

• February 10, 2009 at 5:00 amBlue

It’s just like what his father is doing to him, it’s a cycle now. :\
    Boy, if he continues to do that, Ushio might do what he does when he was little, ignoring Tomoya, and being a delinquent and all.

And Tomoya doesn’t even notice that the past his father and him his now gonna happen with him and Ushio instead. Geez, Now I know why he doesn’t have the right to judge his father because he himself does it.

If he ever does something bad to Ushio, who knows what Nagisa’s expression must be while she’s in heaven :| or maybe who knows what she’ll say when she and Tomoya meet in the second life. BAH! I’m not a Tomoya hater or anything. I’m just pointing out things I see, it’s just an opinion.

• February 10, 2009 at 6:03 ammagnumslinger

Ushio a delinquint… That’s like a rebel + Nagisa. Hmm…………. Why did this cute yet hot image pop in my head?

• February 11, 2009 at 12:45 amAndrewYY

risky thing to say, magnumslinger…

• February 11, 2009 at 1:14 ammagnumslinger

Risky how?

• February 11, 2009 at 5:11 amRyuuya

I agree that Tomoya is actually treating Ushio like how his own dad is treating Tomoya. But thinking about this, it may be different. Ushio might not become a delinquent since she is under the care of Sanae and Akio (and I bet they are raising Ushio like how they were raising Nagisa). Of course I’m just expressing what my opinion is. We’ll never know what will happen to her in the future.

Though, we possibly know what kind of ending there will be. Let’s just see how they are going to end this series… I just love this series that I might cry if it ends >_<

• February 12, 2009 at 1:55 amDexter

Tomoya is whack father. Get CPS on him. Plus kick his ass for screaming at the mother and her child. Damn I’m listening to Eminem songs that is relative to Tomoya’s hate and despair.

• February 12, 2009 at 2:56 pmunico

It looks like someone cut off Nagisa’s head, and put it on a tiny body.
    I guess Kyoani isn’t good at creating children that look like children, not miniature adults.

• February 20, 2009 at 9:47 pmOH YEAH

Like the development between okazaki and ushio. :D

• July 19, 2009 at 2:10 ammeknowcomprendo

haha, i loved the ushio skipping thing too! when i first saw it, thinking it was nagisa, it felt too childish (because she never does that). and after watching this episode, the whole walking backwards part makes more sense too.

• August 28, 2009 at 4:54 pmstarss

I lost some respect for Tomoya now, for obvious reasons. He’s never had the best of common sense, and in fact, it was Nagisa that kept him afloat. I understand it’s a horrible loss, but please, use your head! Change happens, so adapt. And never NEVER EVER smoke around children, regardless whether or not they’re yours! Unbelievable.

That aside, Sanae seems to be more clever than she lets on. :) I DO wonder where they both went though.

And I never thought ANYTHING could be cuter than Mei until Ushio became a real character! I cannot get OVER HOW CUTE SHE IS OH MY GAAD! :D :D :D I replayed her lines over and over! There’s no way Tomoya can’t brighten up only a bit around her!

• January 31, 2010 at 2:35 amChaos

That’s a nice beard Tomoya’s got at the beginning of the episode.