Nyoron Churuya-san – 08 »« The Daily Dose

The Daily Dose

2009 04 04
  • According to Gigazine’s website the “renewed” airing of The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suuzumiya anime series is 28 episodes long. Gigazine said that they had contacted the Teletama broadcasting station and a representative had reportedly told them that “we hear from the client that it is 28 episodes long.” J-Cast had also contacted Teletama upon hearing the news and they were told that the “renewed” airing will also include new material due to the planned 28 episode allotment. Interesting…
  • The official website for the anime adaptation of Guin Saga is streaming an English dubbed trailer. I can’t say much for the dubbing, but this series looks like its going to be great.
  • FUNimation is offering the new Fullmetal Alchemist anime on their website for streaming on April 9th at 12pm; four days after the Japanese airing.
  • With it becoming increasingly popular these days for companies to distribute anime on the web, Bandai Namco plans to join all the others by offering its Gundam franchise in ten different languages on the internet sometime this year.
  • FUNimation also announced that it has signed a partnership with Toei to release – Air Master, Captain Harlock, Digimon Adventure 02, Fist Of The North Star, Galaxy Express, Pretty Cure, and Slam Dunk on its website. I believe I already know what two series I plan to check out.
  • It was announced that a manga spinoff of the popular Capcom video game Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Attorney) will be on the prosecution’s side and it is entitled Gyakuten Kenji. The manga will premiere in Kodansha‘s Weekly Young Magazine on April 13th.
  • A new manga adaptation of Tales Of The Abyss entitled Tales of the Abyss -Tsuioku no Jade- is scheduled to start April 24th in Kadokawa Shoten‘s Asuka magazine.
  • A second promotional video is being streamed for Shangri-La on its official website.
  • Kamikaze Douga is streaming a promotional video for its anime short Amanatsu on its website.
  • Kyon artwork courtesy of みっちー on pixiv (account needed to access)

April 4, 2009 at 2:52 am
    • April 4, 2009 at 3:06 amXrtear

As always, thanks for the Daily Doses ARCADE

• April 4, 2009 at 3:10 amNalface

Suzumiya Haruhi!! Finally! Wonder if they’ll animate the-making-of-asahina-mikuru.

• April 4, 2009 at 3:11 amShin

Haruhi?! Another rumor or something to look forward to…? Hmm…

• April 4, 2009 at 3:17 amkarasu

can’t see that amanatsu thing.

but damn, Shangri-la looks better than I thought.

• April 4, 2009 at 3:17 amPeanutbutter003

2 months later and we’ll know if God will once again descend on us.

• April 4, 2009 at 3:18 amdork

Damn, I hope Funimation releases Air Master on DVD as well, seeing the old R1 Toei DVDs were all crap and streaming is of no interest for me as I’ve already seen the series.

• April 4, 2009 at 3:19 amithekro

Harlock and Galaxy Express 999 (especially Galaxy Express) are fairly long series. But I suppose they are due for some good treatment.

Now if that was Legend of the Galactic Heroes….I now they’d be crazy….its huge.

• April 4, 2009 at 3:19 amrakkynon

tch, streaming huh? Not a chance i can watch in my country…

• April 4, 2009 at 3:20 ammugen

if the news about haruhi is true then all those references to “three years ago” will get another meaning. seeing the show again in a new perspective

• April 4, 2009 at 6:35 amtg8

@ karasu, rakkynon
      Try IE, FF did non work in my case.

Amanatsu pv looks impressive. Strange – can’t find this title in AniDB (yet?)

• April 4, 2009 at 6:42 amAnime Junkie

So if the “renewed” airing of Haruhi has new material, does Omni plan to blog it?

• April 4, 2009 at 7:38 amTokkan

As the Haruhi “renewal” is going to be streaming weekly on YouTube from the 15th onward, we’d be able to know if there are any new episodes right away.

• April 4, 2009 at 8:57 amStory

The look on Kyon’s face is representative of every Haruhi fan’s expression as they read this post, too jaded to really believe new material will finally air, tears in their eyes as they fruitlessly attempt to dispel their hopes. The scars of empty promises, clear flaws on their person, pain evident in their eyes…

• April 4, 2009 at 10:26 amWererat42

Eh… that narrator from the Guin Saga trailer; I hear him in every game I play. Always the same voice. Shangri-la looks good, but I reserve judgment for everything Gonzo of late.

• April 4, 2009 at 10:51 amTori

I’m pretty excited about Guin Saga, though I must say it’s odd to hear an english dubbed trailer when the Japanese airing hasn’t even begun yet. I wonder if those are the ‘official’ english voices or if someone just through it together to make it available and understandable to people.

Either way, it sounds pretty epic. I’d never heard of Guin Saga before, but now I’m hyped for it.

• April 4, 2009 at 10:54 amGrant

SO does this mean there will be 28 new episodes, or just extra ones bringing the total to 28?

• April 4, 2009 at 11:04 amRika

The first episode didn’t seem to have any new content. I intermittently watched it, but it looked exactly the same as chronological episode one. I really hope they’re going to show new content, but if it’s 28 episodes long, it leads me to believe they’re going to air the original series (of 14 episodes) twice. Maybe once in chronological order and once in the original airing order.

• April 4, 2009 at 11:05 amjaalin

14 episodes in original screwed up order
      14 episodes in actual order

simple!

but seriously, if the extra 14 eps are actually NEW EPISODES (?!!?!!!!), you can be damn sure someone here at randomc is gonna be blogging it. 14 weeks is over 3 months away, so we won’t need to worry about it for a while.

• April 4, 2009 at 11:27 amTokkan

Actually, if they want to keep things in proper order AND put in new episodes, then the earliest we’ll be getting a new episode is on the 21st of May.

• April 4, 2009 at 10:52 pmKairu Ishimaru

We dont care about those Haruhi Suzumiya airing with 28episodes. We get it.

• April 5, 2009 at 12:49 amDebris

Video Amanatsusource Catsuka http://www.catsuka.com/ ( France)

• April 5, 2009 at 1:16 pmPandadice

hey, how do i make it where i can view the Amanatsu video? it just shows a blank screen for me.

• April 7, 2009 at 3:29 amPowalen

The Haruhi 28 episode run can’t be just showing the first season in the 2 different orders, because it said that there will be new material. (Unless, obviously, they were lying xD)

• July 18, 2009 at 3:07 amtman

digimon adventure 02 is licensed by Disney here right?

Wouldn’t Funimation putting the subs on their site be illegal

• September 30, 2009 at 11:08 pmkitty