Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season – 16 »« Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season – 14

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season – 15

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   00
Maria, the runner up in the popularity contest, goes on the offense and calls out Hinagiku’s small breasts! Oh now it’s on!

I feel a bit trolled here. Where’s my hot spring episode? While I don’t mind them playing things out a bit more, I was expecting some bare shoulders and a lot of steam covering up the “goods” this week. (Hmm… wait a second, have I grown accustomed to expecting so little from hot spring fan-service episodes? T_T)

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   01
Hayate learns the harsh reality of telling a girl the truth about how she looks. “Honestly, how do I look?” is a TRAP.

It was amusing to see everyone’s reason for wanting to go to the Shimoda hot spring though. Ayumu: studies, Isumi: powers, Nagi: growth, but most of all Hinagiku wanting larger breasts. It looks like the effects of being all lovey-dovey over Hayate has finally gotten our student council president concerned about her appearance.

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   02
Ayumu looking good. Bicycles, the real way commoners travel.

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   03
Oh that train ticket won’t do you shit now Nagi. Ayumu’s not looking so dumb now is she!

The appearance of Hinagiku this week made me forgive them for faking me out with the episode title.

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   04
Episode +100 points. Hina looks better in everyday clothes…

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   05
…and is cute as hell when she’s all flustered. (cue in Yui and Ritsu) Moe~

Personally, I’m quite cautious with my finances so I can fully appreciate Hayate’s views on money. Damn ridiculously rich people! Anyway, an episode of Hayate wouldn’t be quite complete without our good ‘ol butler pulling off some crazy stuff right?

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   06
As the voice of heaven points out, don’t try this at home kids. You WILL die.

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   07
Even being run over by a truck can’t hold our butler down! Flash cool pose.

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   08
What’s wrong with this picture? Buff ramen chef in a pink apron? No, that’s not it…

At times, I still wrestle with the idea of who has the most “honest” love for Hayate. Since Nagi’s a controlling freak and Hinagiku’s been pretty dishonest with herself, Ayumu’s probably it. I mean, she’s the only one that’s actually confessed thus far, plus she plays the token childhood friend-like character. I guess this is probably why she’s my second pick among Hayate’s love candidates.

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   09
The proper way to have a picture on your cellphone. Not like that stalker-ish freak Makoto from School Days.

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   10
This probably isn’t the best way to ride a bicycle with a short skirt like that. I doubt the people behind would complain though…

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   11
Hitmen on cue. At least they were nice enough to ask which one of them is Sanzenin Nagi. You should always be courteous to others!

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   12
I LOL’d. It’s not like Ayumu didn’t ask for it.

Based on the preview, we should be getting an actual hot spring episode next week. It seems like my spunky, Kansai-ben speaking favorite Sakuya will be making an appearance too. Hurray to bare shoulders!

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   15   13
This scene would’ve been a million times better if it was Hina instead of Nagi. Mmm… Hina…

Since episode titles don’t seem to mean much, I’m going to read literally into the next one, “Stardust Memory”, and break out some old school Gundam 0083 “Men of Destiny”. Who’s with me!?

(click HQ for higher quality)

July 12, 2009 at 5:21 pm
  • July 12, 2009 at 5:36 pmSamurai Pumpkin

It’s following the manga nicely I see. Always a good thing. I like this new blogging style.

• July 12, 2009 at 5:57 pmMaka

Hinagiku ftw

• July 12, 2009 at 6:17 pmWingZerozxt

NOT BECAUSE I HATE hinagiku or hayate no gotoku or for that matter th blogging style but the highlight of this entire article was the 0083 opening because i spent the wohle time watching it thinking, “WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE” (although i knew it existed i wasnt keen delving into the histroy of gundam out of order)

• July 12, 2009 at 6:29 pmfuzaco

It was a really good episode by my point of view. It’s one of my favorite shows along with the first season. After this season ends, I will definetely going to read the manga.

• July 12, 2009 at 6:39 pmWhispo

Gief back Stardust memory :(, gundam was awsome abck then

• July 12, 2009 at 6:41 pmAmatsu

anime following the manga quickly

• July 12, 2009 at 6:43 pmfrubam

will we see some ANKLES???? >.> <.<

• July 12, 2009 at 7:19 pmcbhl

Wait, “Maria … calls out Hinagiku’s small breasts”? Compared to everyone else’s, can we really call them small? >.>

As for Ayumu… “Be careful what you wish for.” :D Anyway, now that she’s lost her cell phone, how is she going to afford the express train ticket back home?

• July 12, 2009 at 7:30 pmName (required)

Nagi isn’t a “control freak.” She honestly believes Hayate loves HER. Why wouldn’t she get jealous of any other girls? Plus, she’s /13/ for fuck’s sake. Jesus Christ, you Hinafags are the worst.

• July 12, 2009 at 7:43 pmShin

^ rofl

• July 12, 2009 at 8:17 pmthenightsshadow

Been a while since I commented, but since “Name (required)” sorta stifled that option…

Uh, that’s precisely WHY she’s a control freak. You described it yourself. And at 13, the attachment level is kinda freaky, even if you have read the manga and know every spoiler about her.

• July 12, 2009 at 8:54 pmpierce

Gundamu!~

Really like your new blogging format, Divine. Now I have to find some time to marathon the first season of HnG before this second season ends.

• July 12, 2009 at 9:50 pmChimasternmay

dam i love season 2 so many arcs being covered.

• July 12, 2009 at 11:06 pmkaza

MEN OF DESTINY rlz!!! \o/\o/\o/\o/

xD

• July 12, 2009 at 11:28 pmFreya

Is it too much to ask for Hayate x Hina?

• July 12, 2009 at 11:34 pmNoz

Name (required) practically destroyed himself with his own comment. Thats why Nagifags are the worst.

• July 13, 2009 at 12:33 amIzumi

hot springs arc

• July 13, 2009 at 4:15 amtrebors

my favorite scene is the hitman
    lol
    they looked too suspicious

• July 13, 2009 at 6:35 amchusetto

But you see… in the truck (which pass over Hayate) appears this sentence:

“SAFETY FIRST!”

xDDDD

• July 13, 2009 at 7:22 amarigatou

keep it up………..whoa at least J.C. staff won’t troll this arc compared to what Kyo-Ani have done with the damn Endless Eight arc.

• July 13, 2009 at 8:38 ambrianleung8912

Nagi just had to get off the damn train so Hayate have to go look for her… If she stayed on the bloody train like normal people would before they reach their destination… Hayate wud be chatting away wif Hina >:(

• July 13, 2009 at 9:18 amKoji

To the first commenter… you do realize that more than one person blogs here right? Each having their own style. Omni would be the “main” blogger I’d guess you say, but there are several others who do series he won’t.

• July 13, 2009 at 10:46 amExia

I love 0083 and that next week title thing made me think this exactly.

• July 13, 2009 at 3:19 pmSirMuffin

Oh my god… I love you man… I love your posts… Hilarious! Keep up the awesome awesome work!

• July 13, 2009 at 3:24 pmDuran

I don’t see why Hinagiku should be considered she’s a flat tsundere and the most popular character. That and aren’t most of the main competitors on the flat side as well.

• July 13, 2009 at 3:48 pmSilentmanX

should be Hina

• July 13, 2009 at 7:33 pmDoet

I’m loving the new format DIVINE keep up the good work.

Lol at the comments “Hina-fags” & “Nagi-fags”.

• July 13, 2009 at 11:11 pmlialiakicks

But I liked 0080 better. D: *cough* Anyho~

Is this anime really that funny? :O You’re the only person who I know (both in RL and on the net) who follows this eries. Hm, maybe I should check it out…?

• July 14, 2009 at 8:21 amkaisis

Would just like to chime in that Hamster doesn’t really qualify as the childhood friend since she and Hayate met each other for the first time during her bicycle escapade down a hill (also note that the anime did a bit of snafu at that part with Hayate already dressed up as a butler, even though he was still in school at that time and hasn’t met nagi yet).

Anywayz, thanks for blogging this show! It’s leagues better than first season.

• July 14, 2009 at 12:39 pmdivine

kaisis:
    Hmm, good point. Oversight on my part. I’ll fix it.

• July 14, 2009 at 1:00 pmOverMaster

“Hmm… wait a second, have I grown accustomed to expecting so little from hot spring fan-service episodes? T_T)”.
    Onsen episodes aren’t what they used to be anymore.
    I blame Love Hina.

• July 14, 2009 at 8:25 pmnoobiesnack

1) Nagi needs to realize Hayate wasnt confessing to her.
    2) Maria needs to tell Nagi Hayate wasnt confessing to her.
    3) Hayate needs to realize he is making people fall in love with him.
    4) Don’t torture us with people who havent been introduced in the Anime!!
    5) Show Spoiler ▼

• July 15, 2009 at 10:55 pmqwertyaardvark

not that im obsessed with trains or anything, but that’s not a shinkansen that hayate was thrown out of… ^^;;

(It’s a Super View Odoriko service using the 251 series trainset with max speed of 120 kph)

^_^

• July 16, 2009 at 12:11 amdivine

qwertyaardvark:
    Wow, you’re right. Good eye! Thanks for pointing that out (and not being a jerk about it!).

For everyone else, the Super View Odoriko that qwertyaardvark is talking about is the JR express train that runs between Tokyo and Shimoda. More info here.

• July 16, 2009 at 5:45 amqwertyaardvark

heh, no problem. ^_^ i only recognized the livery of the train since i have/had plans to build an N scale model of Tokyo station… (so maybe im little obsessed with Japanese trains) ^^;;

• July 16, 2009 at 12:35 pmdivine

I saw some models of it while I was looking for a link and I have to say, model trains are pretty cool. I wish I had some to play with while growing up. I was pretty content with my Legos though.

Link here