To LOVE-Ru – Trouble Darkness – 01 »« Loose Ends

To LOVE-Ru manga to end next chapter – NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lala Momo Nana

First Full Moon ended. Then Ichigo 100%. Then Suzuka. Then ARIA. And now, To LOVE-Ru?! The manga gods must hate me. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The 39th issue of Shonen Jump magazine confirmed that TLR will be ending in the next issue, due out August 31. The 5th post by jaalin today is confirming that his interest in manga will coincidentally and tragically end on the same day.

I’ve been wondering to myself why TLR is one of the few manga series I’m drawn to, and I’m pretty sure it’s because of the character design. First was the Lala and Haruna lovefest, then came Magical Girl Kyoko, then Konjiki no Yami got my jb meter firing, and then this ridiculously hot girl Riko showed up, and then Momo came and smashed them all into obscurity. I say it’s the character designs because frankly, I thought the anime sucked, whereas with ARIA, I enjoyed the anime as I did the artistically-superior manga. And no other form of media has made me write an ode to feet.

Sigh… anyone got any suggestions to fill the impending void? Ane Doki is alright, I guess… hey, is Yuria 100 Shiki still going on?

[source]

August 25, 2009 at 10:35 pm
  • August 27, 2009 at 11:37 amKinny Riddle

I remember reading somewhere that some character in Bakuman actually gave a good explanation on why ecchi harem series like To-Love-Ru gets the chop: “While they may drool and fap at it all the time, guys just don’t have the guts to openly declare that they actually like it.”

This is in contrast to yaoi fangirls, whose shamelessness knows no bounds, hence the proliferation of plenty of BL-doujin potential in shounen manga these days. xD (Even as a straight guy, I can already name a few BL pairings from Naruto for starters, I’m sure you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out which pair I was predominantly thinking about, do you?)

Another reason To-Love-Ru got the chop has got Ane Doki, it’s appearance is most certainly the final nail in the coffin for To-Love-Ru, as both series are more or less after the same target readership, and let’s face it, Kawashita Miki just draw girls better. lol

• August 27, 2009 at 11:49 amM@Sk

I recommend go to One Manga or Manga Toshokan and filter for the genre you like and read alphabetically…
    At least that’s what I did…

• August 27, 2009 at 1:22 pmDK

So To LOVE-ru gets a “and life goes on…”-ending, huh…?

Hmm…

Yabuki Kentaro’s next project would be a continuation of Black Cat, yes? Then that means TLR characters can cross-over to that series (even if they’re just expies).

Then after that, we’ll get 2LOVE-ru.

See what I did there?

• August 27, 2009 at 10:00 pmMooster

At least suzuka ended on a good note ^^

• August 28, 2009 at 8:04 amMASK

@DK that would be great but I don’t think he’ll make a sequel of a manga that ended like this (on the bottom of the sell list)… oh well I also hope he’ll do that…

• August 28, 2009 at 2:24 pmSplash

They screwed this series up and ended it without ending it. What a ripoff. Very disapointing finale to the series.

• August 28, 2009 at 3:42 pmShin

What an ending… meh…

• August 28, 2009 at 6:51 pmwilson191

Damn it….kill the one who cancel it please….

• August 28, 2009 at 8:57 pmRemy

On the topic of series I hope get cancel, I’d like to nominate: Kurohime!

• August 28, 2009 at 9:44 pmtmfan

“As for the ending, isn’t it blatantly obvious with only one chapter left? The author has been adding a new female love interest more often than I bathe. It will be your typical life-goes-on-I-choose-all-the-girls-cuz-they-all-gots-the-hot-for-me ending. I loved this series from the start, but the last couple dozen chapters have been disappointing.”

…and they didn’t disappoint (unfortunately). I was hoping I was wrong and he picked Haruna -.-

• August 29, 2009 at 5:20 amArcturus

;___; just read this chapter today – not knowing it was gonna be the final chapter D;
    curses- WHY?! i’m really gonna miss this manga . . .ane doki isn’t really on par with TLR :/

• September 1, 2009 at 6:59 pmHamster

Jump didn’t cancel TLR. Yabuki had to quit because of person problems, and the way it is now, he probably wont have time to start mangakaing again for a while

• September 3, 2009 at 9:08 amJeycjy

why would it ends like that ? Both Rito and Haruna not even know they actually had feelings for each others………. T_T T_T T_T

• September 10, 2009 at 5:35 amHanabira

Pretty disappointed about how it ended.
    Haruna won but Lala doesn’t even realise it, Rito confesses but Haruna didn’t hear it etc.

I would have loved a confirm ending as to who Rito would date even though we know he loves Haruna more than Lala

• September 12, 2009 at 12:27 pmMarco

I don’t think Haruna wins, because she started as the only girl in Rito life then became the other girl. Lala wins for sure. Haruna is a weak character and I don’t like her and her way of doing things. Yui, Yami and Momo are a lot better.

I don’t like this strange ending too but I read on internet that the mangaka wants to write the end of this story because Haruna resemble him his wife and they broke up. In this part of the story the harem ending is the only one possible because Lala, Haruna, Run, Yui, Momo and Celine are all in love with Rito… (and Nene, Mikan and Yami are also interested in him)

• January 19, 2010 at 8:38 pmLeo

NOOOO!!! I LOVE To LOVE-Ru!! Teehee, maybe that’s why I downloaded all the volumes and put them on my DS so I can read them as much as I like, anywhere I like. :)

• « Older Comments