Darker than BLACK: Ryuusei no Gemini – 01 »« Darker than BLACK 2 – CM4

Suzumiya Haruhi Disappearance Movie Announced

After the final episode (Someday in the Rain) of the current broadcast run finished today, it was announced that there would be a movie version of the next volume, the Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi, coming Spring 2010. No other important information is given, other than the extended shot of Yuki. I’m actually a bit apathetic towards more Haruhi at this point, but I guess we’ll see how it turns out.

More exciting to me right now is the first episode of Darker than BLACK Ryuusei no Gemini which just finished airing. I’ll have a full post up a little later, but it was as good as I’d hoped it’d be, and they did a nice job reintroducing the series and its concepts. It had a surprising amount of lighthearted moments in the first half, but then things got really exciting, building up to a great cliffhanger, and they even killed off some characters already (or so it would appear).

October 8, 2009 at 1:28 pm
  • October 8, 2009 at 1:31 pmiri

excited for darker than black XD

• October 8, 2009 at 1:33 pmOsako

shitting bricks

• October 8, 2009 at 1:36 pmChimasternmay

eh a movie, want a series there longer, oh well at least it i will continue the story

and FUCK EP can wait to watch it, just woke up.

• October 8, 2009 at 1:39 pmActarus

yatta!!!!i’m really looking foward to this movie!can’t wait till the spring…

• October 8, 2009 at 1:47 pmBunny

Darker Than Black 2 is already out?!
    Sweet.

….oh, yeah Haruhi.
    I guess that’s great news. KyoAni doesn’t surprise me anymore.
    If they want to redeem themselves for the series last season, it better be the best Haruhi movie ever. No buts.

• October 8, 2009 at 1:53 pmUnknown Voice

Watch it to be 90 minutes of haruhi appearing and disappearing in the same background.

• October 8, 2009 at 1:54 pmCheese-kun

Oh jeez, I want to watch DTB 2 right now. D8

• October 8, 2009 at 2:04 pmChaos

The disappearance arc from the book left me puzzled about the infinite loops and many other paradoxes but I can say it’s my favorite arc. So looking forward to the movie.

Darker than black 2 airs today? Argh crap…I forgot T_T

• October 8, 2009 at 2:05 pmJen

Nuts to Haruhi; Darker Than Black is far more interesting.

• October 8, 2009 at 2:35 pmSirMuffin

God, I’m so looking forward to Haruhi… Darker Than Black was alright… I’m looking forward to it… But personally, it doesn’t put a scratch on Haruhi… Despite having been trolled by KyoAni…

• October 8, 2009 at 2:48 pmneko

oh dont try to play the apathetic card, im pretty sure everyone is excited. and if we get trolled again…. i dont know about about anyone else but im used to it. brink it, kadokawa.

• October 8, 2009 at 2:49 pmChappers

Bunny, it will be the best ever, by default. It’ll also be the worst ever, until another one comes out. :)

• October 8, 2009 at 3:03 pmShinmaru

Disappearance is the best story in the series by a good distance, I think, so I am excited that we’ll FINALLY get to see it animated, but I am not too sure about it being a movie just yet. For now I am cautiously optimistic (which has burned me in the past, buy hey)!

• October 8, 2009 at 3:05 pmEcchigo

Seriously? I’m primed for this. Can’t wait to watch it.

All the nay-sayers from “season 2″ that were put off by endless eight… Just gonna say, there’s no way they can mess this one up. I think that anyone that read this book can vouch for that. But I hope they’ll have a new season after that…

• October 8, 2009 at 3:51 pmMisha

So if I got this right, first KyoAni trolls everybody with Endless Eight, and now they beg for forgiveness by announcing the movie? Will that really work on the already jaded fans?

Y-… I dunno. It’d be interesting to watch what kind of troll tactics they’ll pull off their hats now. I’m excited but that’s because I cannot let go of the image of a train wreck waiting to happen. :)

• October 8, 2009 at 3:56 pmmice

nothing new, already predicted this coming when sigh started.
    though i thought it would be out on 18th.Dec this year…

• October 8, 2009 at 3:59 pmKaioshin Sama

Lamest trailer ever

• October 8, 2009 at 4:01 pmAdam

Good news? Haruhi film
    Bad news? 15+ months before we get to see it.

• October 8, 2009 at 4:06 pmFullMetalQAF

I just orgasmed at the sheer awesomeness of this news. I dont care how badly KyoAni screwed up season 2. A movie means movie style quality in animation. And KyoAni is AMAZING already. I can only imagine how AWESOME the movie is going to look. AHHHH! XD

• October 8, 2009 at 4:41 pmMüller

Can’t wait over DTB 2 *_*

• October 8, 2009 at 4:52 pmMeery

Huh? What? Endless Eight? That was soooooo this-last-summer, practically ancient history. Looking forward to this movie. Most def.

• October 8, 2009 at 5:11 pmPikapu

suou’s hair is like kobato’s. lol

• October 8, 2009 at 5:56 pmdamian

While Disappearence movie excites me (ive kept myself from reading the novel in hopes of experiencing it animated first), Im much more interested in DtB2 (especially after seeing those spoilers!)!

• October 8, 2009 at 5:57 pmblinx01

Checky bastards.
    They could have cut the Endless Eight shite, which killed off the series, down to 2/3 eps and included this arc in the second season.
    Instead, they have the audacity to believe they have enough fans left to warrent a movie?
    Sorry KyoAni, but you fucked up and there’s no going back.
    ROLL ON DTB 2!

• October 8, 2009 at 6:01 pmmasteryoma

Ya more Haruhi I hope its at less a hour and a half or longer movie

• October 8, 2009 at 6:20 pmart

@blinx01,
    sorry to tell you this, but haruhi still has way more fans than DTB ever wil have.

• October 8, 2009 at 6:28 pmBigFire

By the time Disappearance comes out, we’d probably be watching Kizumonogatari/Nisemonogatari.

• October 8, 2009 at 6:41 pmdamian

@blinx01

Say what you want, but youre still gonna watch it. And if a shit like Naruto still has enough fans to keep it serialized even though it starting sucking YEARS AGO, then Suzumiya Haruhi wont lose many fans due to one bad arc.

• October 8, 2009 at 7:19 pmbanzemanga

NYAAAAAAAA! YUKI KAWAIIII! XD

• October 8, 2009 at 8:03 pmmegalith

No need to push people. Of course you can watch DTB 2 that’s in “THIS” season. “THIS” is on 2010. :P

• October 8, 2009 at 8:49 pmmagnumslinger

Best news I heard all year. Yuki FTW!!!

• October 8, 2009 at 9:40 pmMegas

Haruhi can go suck an egg. Bring on DTB 2, that’s some awesome shit for a first episode.

• October 8, 2009 at 9:50 pmBROOKLYN otaku

haha!! finally a good call from those clowns over at kyo. i mean why waste more resources animating a whole season of a progressively dieing franchise? just dole out a nice juicy crack rock in an hour format movie to appease the fiends. and get cracking on what really matters FMP!!! FMP!!!!! FMP!!!!! FMP!!!! FMP!!!!! FMP!!!!!!

• October 8, 2009 at 9:52 pmSenORita

Can’t wait for Darker than Black 2
    ^^

• October 8, 2009 at 10:30 pmHimitsu Desu

i told you there is a disapperance… XD

• October 8, 2009 at 10:47 pmfrubam

bah, i could care less. Now if they announce an anime adaptation of that Yuki manga spinoff, THEN I’ll be ecstatic

• October 8, 2009 at 11:36 pmvoxune

Just watched Dtb2 RAW, so I didn’t understand anything they said. But wooh, it was more exciting then I expected. I had my doubts when I read the story, but this may actually be good. To bad there was no OP yet thou.

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO HEI! HEEEIII!!

• October 8, 2009 at 11:42 pmAnon

Such cheap trailer. If they only have one illustration of Yuki, they shouldn’t have bothered.

• October 8, 2009 at 11:54 pmAlphaEtOmega

Yuki <3 <3
    ..but yeah that was a fairly lame trailer.

• October 9, 2009 at 12:12 amMyrrn

Hopefully this will make up for that horrendous second season.

• October 9, 2009 at 1:21 amLevy

Sigh, I’m seriously sick of people claiming to be fans of the first season of Haruhi while saying things like “the second season destroyed it for me” and so on. why would you stop liking Haruhi just because one arc were not as good as the first one? It’s not like endless eight have made the first season bad all of a sudden.
    Like mr. blinx01 up here. well some people like being negative…

• October 9, 2009 at 3:10 amRoy G. Biv

I’m excited. I thought at first that it was the part in the alternate universe where Haruhi is no God.

• October 9, 2009 at 3:10 amRukia13

You’re kidding right? That’s not the trailer?

Nande ya ne? We go from the lamest season ever to the lamest trailer ever.

Honestly, I don’t think they should animate Disappearance. After Endless 8, I have no faith in their ability to tell the story effectively.

As for Darker than Black. Where are those fansubs? I want to watch it NOW!

• October 9, 2009 at 6:00 amKakashi_Crusade

it’s not a trailer… it’s a teaser for logic’s sake… it’s just an announcement, that’s why it’s lame… wait for about 9 more months and then we get the trailer…

@BROOKLYN otaku: your dying franchise isn’t dead yet, there are still diehards who would want to fast forward time to see this movie.

well, if ever this movie does exist, it better be worth it. disappearance is one of the best arcs that i’ve read, and seeing it animated is something that is making me anticipate it (kyoani has reputed animation quality on series, seeing it in movies will be something i can’t wait to see…). perhaps this is kyoani and kadokawa’s best shot for reviving haruhi fandom…

…and then push on to a S3.

• October 9, 2009 at 7:41 amahelo

oh shit.
    more haruhi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i cant wait

• October 9, 2009 at 8:38 amMissDespair

fuck u pedo-animation fuck you

• October 9, 2009 at 10:36 amKinny Riddle

damian, QFT concerning why Naruto and Bleach still manages to maintain their “fanbase” despite all its flaws.

So I don’t see how one major fuckup (or eight-in-a-row if you want to interpret it that way) can ruin Haruhi once and for all either.

People seem to forget that Anno Hideaki, the creator of Evangelion, was bashed badly for the ridiculously cryptic last 2 episodes, and now people are still queuing for the new Rebuild of Evangelion movies.

Oh, and Kaioshin, glad to see that the usual Kyo-Ani bashing is still within you, or you won’t be Kaioshin, no? ;)

I won’t argue about the “lame” part, but as Kakashi_Crusade so elegantly puts it, it’s a teaser, not a trailer.

• October 9, 2009 at 11:22 amstarss

After the heartache KyoAni put us through, I’m left jaded by this point. But I’m glad they’re producing Disappearance in SOME form.

• October 10, 2009 at 2:17 amHudson

I hear the same people who did the Clannad movie will be doing the Haruhi movie. Keeping the KyoAni style, but vastly improving the animation and special effects.

• October 10, 2009 at 2:39 amarpe

The first 6.5 seconds sounds like something I’ve heard before.

• October 10, 2009 at 5:45 pmTricia

They say there’s no such thing as bad publicity, and Endless Eight proves it.

Sure, people are livid that it “ruined the show for them” or “pissed them off” or “wasted time that could have been better spent animating Disappearance” — oh wait….

But the point is, people are STILL talking about it. It’s been, what? Three months now since it finished and people are STILL ranting about ENDLESS EIGHT this, ENDLESS EIGHT that, SCREW ENDLESS EIGHT, SCREW HARUHI FOREVER. Think about it this way. The anime of Haruhi ended in 2006, of course they had to do SOMETHING to spark interest again and get people talking about it. In that respect, you cannot say they failed. And now that everyone’s talking about it again, the fact that they’re revealing Disappearance -now- is not only a way to ease the pain, but ensure that everyone who paid any attention to the new episodes will know that it will soon exist.

So, are KyoAni trolls out to destroy the world, or marketing geniuses and high-stakes gamblers? I guess it’s up to you.

I’ll certainly be watching Disappearance when it comes out. :D

• October 11, 2009 at 3:37 pminnerchihiro

Well well well, I heard the rumors and I’m glad they were correct! This is awesome, I can’t wait for the Disappearance. I wish it would be released on December 18th. :)

As for it being a movie, I feel like if Haruhi has to be made into a movie, the Disappearance is quite the pick. Its a story in and of itself. I hope that when the third season airs (whenever that will be) it will include the Disappearance in episode format, or perhaps a reanimation?? XD

All I need now is for Tanigawa to give us a new volume!!

Anyway, I do hope it blows us away, especially the fans that are so riffed about Endless Eight and trolling blah blah blah.

• October 17, 2009 at 2:09 amchurro!

Fuck yes, Disappearance, the best of the novels.
    I don’t think they’ll screw this up.
    Sure, they dragged out E8 until it hurt like a bitch to watch, but I know the movie is going to be the shit.
    Fucking excited for this.

• December 8, 2009 at 8:36 pmbutts

It’ll be delayed about 3 years.

• October 13, 2010 at 11:10 amBobGrim

Should I guess that no news is bad news regarding this?

• October 22, 2010 at 4:16 amDarkRios III

Lol, well we all know how this turned out.
    Some are even calling it the best animated movie they’ve seen.
    Ya gotta laugh at all the naysayers in this thread.