Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza – 03 »« Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza – 01

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza – 02

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   01 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   02 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   03
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   04 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   05 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   06
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   07 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   08 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   09
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   10 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   11 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   12
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   13 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   14 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   15
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   16 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   17 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   18
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   19 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   20 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   21
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   22 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   23 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   24
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   25 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   26 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   27
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   28 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   29 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   30
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   31 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   32 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   33
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   34 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   35 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   36
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   37 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   38 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   39

「入れてください……」 (Irete Kudasai…)
“Please Put It In…”

Haruka and Yuuto head to a mini comiket to sell some “clean” Nocturne High School Lacrosse doujinshi. I could just sense the piercing glares from otaku as they wonder why a “normal” guy like Yuuto would bring a school idol to their holy ground.

In reality though, it wasn’t that bad (or at least they didn’t depict it as such). While I’m sure there are very nice anime fans out there who aren’t raging otakuholics, I still feel that this series is sugarcoating the matter a fair bit. Looking back, this is semi-related to my major gripe with this show. In their attempt to portray a relationship realistically with more sincerity and genuine emotions, they’ve sort of hit a middle ground where things aren’t terribly dramatic nor overly funny. In short, they’re sort of sitting on a fence between a J-drama and an ecchi high school anime. Both are entertaining for very different reasons, but when you’re caught in the middle, it’s not so much.

That said, I don’t think the heavy romance aspects of the series is what irked me so much in the first season. If anything, it’s probably the overly innocent, “omg would you just kiss already”, aspect in Haruka and Yuuto’s relationship. And by innocent, I mean it’s basically at the level of elementary school kids second guessing themselves about holding hands. While some people didn’t like the ecchi, fan-service-filled first episode, I think the show would be pretty damn boring if you removed all that. Can you imagine what this series would be like if Mika, Hazuki, and Nanami weren’t driving that form of comedy by pushing our two love birds towards their first sexual experience? We may as well watch paint dry.

Just for the record, I’m not going back on what I said about the first season. The premise is interesting and the direction they’re taking with things is drastically different from your usual stuff. However, I had twelve episodes of that and it honestly felt like it was enough. If you’ve ever had friends in relationships where they enjoy the most trivial, boring things together, you’ll probably have an idea of what I’m getting at. I mean, kudos to them for enjoying all the little things in life together. That’s awfully sweet. Just please don’t make me watch it thinking it’s entertaining. orz

Despite my fairly negative take on the series this week, I’m masochistically going to continue watching it. There are some upsides to the show, thanks to my saving grace Mika, plus Shiina seems to be getting back into the mix as I mentioned before. They’ve also brought back Haruka’s parents — Gentou and Akiho — for some extra comedic “umph”, albeit their scripted gag is pretty cookie cutter now. Sadly, one of the funnier things I found in this episode was the preview, where they talked about the term “tsundere” and had the tsundere queen Kugimiya Rie (Alice-chan) doing her Shana (Shakugan no Shana) and Taiga (Toradora!) voices. They even outlined their characters to indicate that it’s them.

In any case, I’m really banking on Shiina (Satou Rina of Biribiri-fame) to spice things up now, just like she did in the Lacrosse anime. Gooo Shiina!

* Note: Yomiuri TV‘s broadcast (which Crunchyroll’s simulcast is based on) went with the heavy censoring again. I’ll update the screens when I get my hands on Tokyo MX’s version. I’ve already delayed this post 12 hours waiting for it. -_-;
* Screens defogged. Now with a bit less steam.

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   Preview 01 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   Preview 02 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza   02   Preview 03
October 13, 2009 at 3:56 am
  • October 13, 2009 at 4:14 amSailor Enlil

• October 13, 2009 at 4:18 amNeo_NMO

I loved that they used kugi-chan for the examples of tsundere, and the hint that she’ll have more of a role in the upcoming episodes. I think I’d watch just about anything just for my hime-sama… except gintama… but that’s another story…

• October 13, 2009 at 4:18 amdivine

Sailor Enlil:
    Shiina stopped by Yuuto’s place to invite him out to a movie, but was met by his sexually-aroused alcoholic sister and her similarly drunk teacher friend. :\

• October 13, 2009 at 7:00 amStefan

I hate everything about this show except for the romance aspect.

• October 13, 2009 at 7:10 amMegas

Damn you Yuuto!

Ugh, I’ve just joined the denizens of guys that want him dead, again :P

That problem just seem to be getting worser & worser…the relationship mess, or lack there of. Its getting very lame to say the least. Its definitely to the point where you can guess what can happen 5 or 6 episodes down the line until some unseen force throws a wrench in the works – which is dumb as hell since those two create their own big sick wrench every time they lock eyes. Can some body please break this crap up.

• October 13, 2009 at 8:48 amgarfield15

That Lacrosse anime looks awesome.

• October 13, 2009 at 9:22 amNanatsuya

I can’t help but think they really dropped the ball on the animation for this episode. With the already rather dry content matter, the relationship building, the majority of this episode was just HD talking heads, with perhaps the most movement devoted to the final scene of Shiina getting molested…As amusing as that is, I really hope it’s not a sign of things to come (quality-wise).

• October 13, 2009 at 10:03 amkessler

the non-heavy censored is out =D

• October 13, 2009 at 12:45 pmdivine

Nanatsuya:
    Just to add to what you were saying, I thought Haruka’s face looked pretty messed up in a lot of scenes too. Most notably, the ones where she was working on the doujinshi with Yuuto. Her face is too small/narrow and her eyes are way too big. Ick.

• October 13, 2009 at 2:04 pmjennysmith

I don’t really want to see drama in this, I would like happy episodes after after episodes with no relationship trouble.

• October 13, 2009 at 3:05 pmMegas

@jennysmith

After the stupdity in the first season, I think they have no idea what drama should be. I kept having to tell myself that these were teenagers, & I still don’t believe it. Yuuto going into a tailspin about a silly gift that everyone & their mothers who are watching this shit know that Haruka would actual love yet…

Yeah, they need to stay away from that crap. I nearly dropped this mess & skipped the last episode because of it – I finally watched it a month after it aired :P

Any signs of seriousness between these 2 can’t do anything but reflect that of 10 yo’s – & that’s even pushing it.

• October 13, 2009 at 7:08 pmMatt Gross

Yukari and Ruko need to learn to stop drinking so much. They’re becoming alcoholics.

• October 13, 2009 at 7:14 pmMatt Gross

Poor Shiina.

• October 13, 2009 at 9:03 pmE_I

You know, I can understand what happened in this episode just by the screen shots.

• October 13, 2009 at 9:58 pmLauren

Man, I want to see Yuuto and Haruka get busy. If that’ll ever happen, it’d take another three seasons at the pace they’re moving with their relationship.

• October 13, 2009 at 11:49 pmAnonymous

First sexual experience? I hope they wait until marriage. Pre-marital sex is a no-no.

• October 14, 2009 at 2:41 amNeo_NMO

Haruka wants to get nailed, Yuuto just needs to man up and do it… seriously.

• October 14, 2009 at 9:39 pmMatt Gross

Haruka’s father mentioned something about coming to South America if they continued to resist. Is he trying to take another continent for his own? If that’s the case, then it is he who is the fool, since he can not go about trying to take other people’s land.

• October 14, 2009 at 11:25 pmKinny Riddle

Divine, you forgot the silhouette of Nagi (with her distinct pigtails and manner of speech) amongst the hinted characters voiced by Kugimiya in her demonstration of what tsundere is.

I think the fact that the highlight of this episode is Shiina getting violated by Yuuto’s horny sister and teacher speaks for itself. Not that I’m complaining. :)

(The sooner Shiina moves on from Yuuto and comes out, realising her potential as juicy yuri-fodder, the better. lol )

• October 15, 2009 at 3:09 amdivine

Oh is that who it was? I thought the outline looked like Tousaka Rin from Fate/stay night, who is voiced by Ueda Kana (Nanami here). But now that you mention it, yeah that does sound like Kugimiya Rie’s Nagi voice.

• October 16, 2009 at 3:14 amBrent

After this part: http://randomc.net/image/Nogizaka%20Haruka%20no%20Himitsu/Nogizaka%20Haruka%20no%20Himitsu%20Purezza%20-%2002%20-%20Large%2027.jpg

comes this part: the flower falling (they must be deflowering her XD…)