fripSide – LEVEL5 -judgelight- PV (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OP2) »« To Aru Kagaku no Railgun – 18

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun – 19

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   01 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   02 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   03
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   04 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   05 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   06
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   07 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   08 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   09
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   10 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   11 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   12
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   13 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   14 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   15
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   16 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   17 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   18
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   19 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   20 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   21
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   22 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   23 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   24
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   25 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   26 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   27
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   28 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   29 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   30
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   31 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   32 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   33
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   34 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   35 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   36
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   37 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   38 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   39

Summary:

It’s time for the Tokiwadai girls’ dormitory’s midsummer festival, so Mikoto has to put on a maid uniform and play host to a large crowd of people. Fortunately, she spends most of her time showing Uiharu and Saten around, and Uiharu in particular is very excited to experience all the events, from a stitching class to a flower arrangement exhibit. What makes Mikoto uneasy however is everyone looking forward to the stage performance she’s scheduled to give. She is even more nervous when the time finally comes and she sees all the people gathered, but by chance she runs into Touma backstage. Seeing him infuriates her, and she scares him off, however the encounter also eases her nerves, allowing her to walk onto stage and perform a solo with her violin without further incident.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   Preview 01 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   Preview 02 To Aru Kagaku no Railgun   19   Preview 03

This week was rather devoid of meaningful plot, but it managed to still have some high points. Uiharu was pretty cute and amusing with her unrestrained antics for the first half, and it was interesting to see Tsuchimikado’s sister Maika make an appearance. But it was Mikoto and Touma who stood out the most by the end of the episode. It was nice to see Touma have such an effect on Mikoto, unintentional though it might have been, and I loved both her violin rendition of Real Force and the way it led into the actual ED sequence. I do wonder though why they bothered hiding Index’s face again after showing her a couple of episodes ago. Anyway, it looks like next week is more festival type stuff, though the preview also seems to hint that the earthquake aspect will become important soon.

February 13, 2010 at 12:40 am
  • February 13, 2010 at 12:49 amSyllen

i love the dress

• February 13, 2010 at 12:52 amLiptonTwinkie

Lol yay Touma is here, but you gotta wonder which part of the episode could this have been while To aru majutsushi was going on

• February 13, 2010 at 12:54 amPhocus

Biribiri + Touma = Good Episode

• February 13, 2010 at 12:55 amahelo

Finally more connections to the first series. I realized that Touma was acting like that because his memories got lost. I guess we are somewher between episodes 7-9 of Index.

• February 13, 2010 at 1:00 amJay

YAY! TOUMA!

• February 13, 2010 at 1:12 amssj4jw

I find it ironic that people hated Touma back in Index and wanted more Mikoto. Now they’re getting Mikoto and now want more Touma.

• February 13, 2010 at 1:18 amfullmetalQAF

@ssj4jw

sadly, you can never make fans happy haha, but I guess too much of a good thing can be a bad thing, although I love Touma and Mikoto together regardless of what series. XD

• February 13, 2010 at 1:19 amxcswmboy

i think its the pairing thats just popular. ToumaXMikoto is best, but each by themselves is not as awesome. are they waiting for the manga or novel to advance? im itching for some real action.

• February 13, 2010 at 1:21 amTJ

Yeah! Touma saves the day once again! lol

• February 13, 2010 at 1:22 amX

@ssj4jw: lol i know what you mean, but as for me, I just love the interactions of Touma and Mikoto and want BOTH OF THEM in an episode! Not just one of them, cuz it gets boring! The only episodes I love in the To Aru Majutsu no index series are those involving Touma and Mikoto, the rest of them sucked just like this series, hell they should’ve just made Mikoto a main female character. I know she is kind of just a sub-heroine or like 2nd heroine of the sort, but well even Index who is supposed to be the main one doesnt even feel like she is in her series lol. I suppose this is due to the novels having a main heroine in each arc.

• February 13, 2010 at 1:28 amX

@fullmetalQAF: You’re right, but there is never a too much of a good thing like a Touma and Mikoto (Biri-biri) centric episode! I mean I stopped watching this series a long time ago, but I can still remember is that one episode where they center the story with Touma and Mikoto. I was hoping that this series would at least show more of the past and other interactions of the two that wasn’t shown in the Index series, I mean they even skipped a lot of the scenes between Mikoto and Touma that was supposed to be in this series! I mean if you read the railgun manga of this series, you’ll know what i mean!

• February 13, 2010 at 1:33 amfullmetalQAF

@X

yeah I totally agree with you. In all honesty, I don’t even watch Railgun. I only look on here to see which episodes have Touma in them and those are the only ones I watch. They should make another spin off series with those two as a battle couple or somthing. XD

• February 13, 2010 at 1:38 ambewdz

>>LiptonTwinkie

by now im pretty sure Touma has lost his memory by this point since he acted like a stranger to misaka. I’ve heard the sisters arc happens in railgun as well as index so I think its safe to assume that this is before or after the whole deep blood arc from index and before the sisters arc

• February 13, 2010 at 1:46 amX

@fullmetalQAF: Yeah my thoughts exactly! The two of them together is the very highlight of both of the series! People want to see them together! Kind of like Ararararagi Koyomi (sorry I stuttered) and Senjougahara Hitagi, people want to see them together! They are hilarious and pure gold together! Man I can’t imagine what the ratings would be if a whole series was dedicated and focused on the both of them: romance, rivals, actions and fights! I would watch the whole dam series over and over again!

• February 13, 2010 at 1:47 amAvenger

More filler? Save me Youkai Jesus! D;

• February 13, 2010 at 1:48 amSteven Den Beste

If Index is around, then Touma’s memories are gone. There isn’t any place in the first six eps of Index where this could fit.

• February 13, 2010 at 1:49 amX

I forgot to mention seeing Mikoto’s tsun tsun and dere dere moments with Touma is also one of the best things to see in any episode. I also want to see her jealous lol, like what would happen if she saw Touma with such a high quality girl like Kaori Kanzaki!

• February 13, 2010 at 2:01 amAnimeniac

after tonnes of episodes, touma pops out… yays… finally i thought they wont show touma evn though he might have a huge role in the final arc.

• February 13, 2010 at 2:10 amewok

upskirt photo fail by certain teleporting yuri maniac…

• February 13, 2010 at 2:14 amRei

MIII KE!! MEIDO MISAKA MIKOTO!!

• February 13, 2010 at 2:21 amAnonymous

Enough with the fillers

• February 13, 2010 at 3:08 amkyuzo

“I loved both her violin rendition of Real Force and the way it led into the actual ED sequence.”

me too!! tho i was really hoping a viomalin rendition of only my railgun. hehehe.

• February 13, 2010 at 3:35 ammessi

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 19 SUB ENG avi SD

LINK DOWNLOAD

• February 13, 2010 at 4:10 amKinny Riddle

Uiharu is so cutely enthusiastic today, I think my moe meter for her just shot up a lot. XD
    (I wonder if her denial of knowledge about the flowery decoration on her hair is some sort of running joke?)

The inclusion of Touma is a nice addition to the episode, highlighting Touma’s lost memories and Biribiri’s awkward feelings for him.

• February 13, 2010 at 8:11 amLuke

• February 13, 2010 at 8:38 amfragbet

Doesn’t this episode kinda conflict with the first series? This seems to indicate they’ve seen each other before the Sister arc. But in the Sister arc, post-amnesia Touma didn’t recognize Mikoto at all. Wouldn’t he be asking “Hey that’s the crazy chick who chased me off with a chair.”

• February 13, 2010 at 9:03 amKouta

Still no story eh

• February 13, 2010 at 9:11 amRedEyesFan

the Touma scene is nice but also quite sad…

• February 13, 2010 at 10:12 amWilfriback

The timeline in Railgun is a mess so. don’t care of it, Aisa showed her seal cross the 2 episodes ago, so the Deep Blood arc is over.

@X: Even if Touma tends to be preachy in the light novel rankings he is the third most popular character meanwhile Mikoto is sixth. In other words, Touma + bad luck + girl = fun.

• February 13, 2010 at 10:28 amark noir

I hate the mikoto x touma pairing just as much as I hate the index pairing. They make Touma seems like a pedo.

• February 13, 2010 at 10:31 amsamu

I see a Mikoto moe episode. First her Garfield under the covers impression, then the maid outfit, finally the tsundere reaction with Touma while looking even more moe with her dress.
    Uiharu was moeing it up too with her infatuation with Tokiwadai in general. I laughed at the part where she was complimenting the sugar sculpture girls, then they complimented on her flower headband and she was like, “What are you talking about?” I think that headband actually puts a limiter on her ability (accelerating the growth of plants like Poison Ivy’s ability in the Batman series is my guess), whether it be a mechanical device or a post-hypnotic suggestion(think lipstick for Eclair in Kiddy Grade), because she can’t control it directly yet.
    Kuroko with her voyeurism was creepy, but 10,000 yen for Mikoto’s old stuff? That’s like over freaking $110 right?
    Saten didn’t do much, except show she’s a master at stitching,(didn’t that Lamborghini look like Kiyama’s car?)but she got Uiharu good with her trademark skirt flip!
    Nice cameos from various people in the series. Mitsuko with the pure British/Japanese maid outfit combo, I thought, WTF was that? Gotta stretch that filler admirably!
    Funny how the maid was talking about some glutton eating away the food. It was obviously Index, but I guess the animators didn’t want to show her stuffing her face with food; it made it all the more mysterious/horrifying.
    Playing a violin version of Only My Railgun would be quite difficult, since the tempo’s at least twice as fast as the ending theme, but would’ve kicked ass. Maybe Mikoto will play that another time.

• February 13, 2010 at 11:13 amKaris

Did anyone noticed that Touma stopped calling Mikoto “Biribiri” after losing his memories? I’m surprised that Mikoto never noticed that.

• February 13, 2010 at 11:25 amL3g0la5

@Karis

actually, Touma does call Mikoto “Biribiri” in episode 18 of the Index series when she rugby tackles him. And by that point he has long lost his memories. But that is assuming they don’t change anything from the manga or novel stories. Since i dun read them so i’m not sure if the anime adaptation was chronologically correct

• February 13, 2010 at 11:54 amLero

@ark noir: Don’t worry dude, actually, Touma hates the lolicon and blamed his father of being one XD. He has a big sis complex.

• February 13, 2010 at 11:54 amIsland Esper

Well this series will earn the teaser award. We get 20 minutes of the show and only 20 seconds of Touma ? If you don’t call that a tease then this is just plain cruel. It was nice episode but personally I don’t enjoy when all character are showcased in shot. It leaves me yearning for more. For me Mikoto v Touma v Index best jealousy scene so far was in Index when they got trapped in the underground mall and Kuroko could only teleport 2 at a time. Actually I think that the only so far. I doubt we get any development in that area in either series.

• February 13, 2010 at 11:55 ammistress_kisara

Poor Touma he lost his memories by this point..

• February 13, 2010 at 11:57 amLero

@L3g0la5: In the Index anime I think it was an error because in that scene of the novels Touma called her Misaka after he lost his memories.

• February 13, 2010 at 1:09 pmsynkronized

Yay for more Touma x Misaka scenes, anyone else notice Touma doesn’t recognize Misaka, he’s lost his memories already. Too bad they didn’t show the lead up to the opening of Index’s first episode in Railgun.

Oh yeah, more cute Misaka dress ups are fun.

• February 13, 2010 at 2:03 pmLeo

When I was watching the episode, I was wishing for Touma to show up and sure he did.

• February 13, 2010 at 3:17 pmakani

Misaka looked really cute in this episode. I hope the next episode starts off an arc with more action and drama though.

@Avenger Byakuren can’t stop the fillers, I’m sorry. She’s busy in Gensokyo.

• February 13, 2010 at 6:21 pmmel

yeah

• February 13, 2010 at 8:16 pmMearex

they changed the drawing style

• February 13, 2010 at 8:54 pmviral

Ahh, why did Touma has to lose his memory? I didn’t even understand it in To Aru Majustu no Index, it made the whole series worse (but at least it was an unexpected twist). I want old Touma back.

• February 13, 2010 at 9:26 pmcutemi2

• February 13, 2010 at 10:26 pmSplash

Took me a while to realize the legendasry glutton that was cleaning out the buffet was Index. Did you see all those plates? Where the hell does she put it?

• February 14, 2010 at 12:56 amMatt

She a walking church and the reason why she carries the cat around with her. They do need to make a series with Mikoto and Touma having to cooperate together and work off some of the light novels

• February 14, 2010 at 1:24 ambrianleung8912

• February 14, 2010 at 5:19 amahelo

@ fragbet
    Wasn’t it obvious that his memories were gone? He didn’t even recognize her.

• February 14, 2010 at 6:53 pmVoitan

“i think its the pairing thats just popular. ToumaXMikoto is best, but each by themselves is not as awesome.”

QFT. Character interaction was more interesting than the plot in Index, kinda bored with these fillers for Railgun, but the character interaction is what’s keeping it going.

• February 15, 2010 at 12:10 amChris Clarke

I enjoyed the episode but was annoyed at Misaka’s placement of the bow. <3 Violin.

• February 15, 2010 at 2:24 pmsealouse

How long is this series going to be? If it’s only 26 episodes they better hurry up with the filler like episodes already.

• February 15, 2010 at 10:10 pmAsdf

The only thing that keeps this series alive from becoming trash is Touma and Biribiri

• February 16, 2010 at 12:25 amDarkness

I’m sort of glad that the anime is different from the manga. The manga just started going down hill into this entire depressive, solo railgun…

• February 16, 2010 at 2:51 amLightning XIII

My moe meter has completely exploded.

• February 16, 2010 at 4:49 amJason Isenberg

OH SHIT TOUMA CAME BACK! Oh and btw I agree with him, Mikoto looked really beautiful in that dress and the violin solo really made my jaw drop in awe, that was really nice!

• February 16, 2010 at 1:35 pmOmega

Have you guys watch the DVD special yet. I had just watched it. Seriously, it’s LOL, ROFL and WTF

• February 16, 2010 at 7:38 pmBROOKLYN otaku

GREAT EP. i’m really enjoying this show for what it is. btw that special maid/cook is she the same one thats always riding a robo trash-can in “index”?