SEKIREI ~Pure Engagement~ – 01 »« SEKIREI – 12 (END)

SEKIREI ~Pure Engagement~ – OP/ED

OP: “Hakuyoku no Seiyaku ~Pure Engagement~”
by Hayami Saori, Inoue Marina, Hanazawa Kana, Endou Aya
ED: “Onnaji Kimochi”
by Hayami Saori, Inoue Marina, Hanazawa Kana, Endou Aya

I just thought I’d chime in here with the new opening and ending sequences for one of the upcoming summer shows, SEKIREI ~Pure Engagement~. As a sequel to the first adaptation back in 2008 which I covered, my plans are to watch this given how open-ended things left off. The “to be continued” message then let us know that we’d be in store for more, so here it is three weeks in advance with a special early broadcast premiere of the first episode. Interestingly enough, it also featured cast commentary as well. Anyway, I haven’t actually gotten around to watching the episode in full yet — hence why there’s no full post about it — but here’s a sneak peak to provide an area for discussion about it.

On a separate note, I’ve been busy working on the Summer 2010 Preview in the past couple of days and all I can say is that it’ll be ready “soon”. I’ve actually let coverage of my shows slip in favor of spending more time on it and getting it out early, so please look forward to it. Now I just need to get through the four Sunday shows I put on hiatus yesterday…

June 14, 2010 at 1:06 pm
  • June 14, 2010 at 1:45 pmFullMetalQAF

Very nice songs. It sort of makes me want to actually check out the first season…

• June 14, 2010 at 1:52 pmcz

moar boobies

• June 14, 2010 at 1:58 pmAznCoffee

lol from what psgels, it’s “another brainless moe fanservice show” <_< psh

I'm still gonna watch :] :]
    …e-even if it does OOZE cheese. xD;

• June 14, 2010 at 2:19 pmdivine

“Moe” is the last thing I would ever use to describe SEKIREI…

• June 14, 2010 at 2:38 pmmutio

This series has a 200% fanservice ratio – I’ll pass..^^ The manga is quite interesting but I doubt they’ll exchange story for more brainless boob activity :P

• June 14, 2010 at 2:59 pmNoririn

“it also featured cast commentary as well.”

God that was annoying, they had the commentary and main audio cramped into the same stream just mono on different channels. They should save that for dvd/bd releases imo, really hope it doesn’t become a trend.

Also the title for the opening song is actually “Hakuyoku no Seiyaku ~Pure Engagement~” lit. “White Winged Pledge.”

• June 14, 2010 at 4:58 pmdivine

I think you were watching one of the bad encodes. They should’ve been on separate audio tracks.

Thanks for the song title correction.

• June 15, 2010 at 12:41 amNoririn

I wasn’t watching an encode, it was the actual aired transport stream. It aired like that on the same audio track lol.

• June 14, 2010 at 3:02 pmmynameistoolongforyoutoread

sweet I want to see how summer will be like….. one thing is for sure I will continue watching Sekirei since I watch the first season….

• June 14, 2010 at 4:23 pmIsland Esper

” Now I just need to get through the four Sunday shows I put on hiatus yesterday…”

Well if someone dare to complain please send then over to my office I have the ingrate shotgun ready to explain why the reviews are late :)
    :P

• June 14, 2010 at 4:28 pmKurotetsu

The main thing I hated about the Sekirei manga was the horrible fight choreography (it was pretty clear that the mangaka had no real clue in that area), which, for an action-oriented manga, is a pretty huge minus. Does the anime do a better job in this area?

• June 14, 2010 at 4:45 pmPw3age

I find the OP a lot better than the ED.

Still waiting with baited breath for the summer preview, Divine.

• June 14, 2010 at 5:27 pmRei

The OP made me realise that I actually missed this show somehow and the 2nd season must be watched. Lack of Marina Inoue and Hayami Saori, RISE!! Action looks fantastic this time around.

• June 14, 2010 at 5:47 pmlilakou

i loved the first season it was really cool , funny and a lot of fight ” and some ecchie for sure ” i hope this one will be greater

• June 14, 2010 at 5:51 pmmrbrownsound

Skimmed through the first season it was aucually really good for a action anime. I could have been less um flashy with the girls and the amount of power some of the characters have, but overall a very fun, lighthearted action-comedy. Looking forward to checking out the sec. season.

• June 14, 2010 at 6:01 pmcrazystudyguy

Hoping for less harem in this second season, urhhh I don’t think my brain can take this ignorance anymore

• June 14, 2010 at 6:21 pmAlvord12

The Manga was good uptil chapter 80 or so. After that it simply got boring. Let’s see if the Anime can do justice to the manga. ‘Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst’! ;) :D

• June 14, 2010 at 6:35 pmKarmafan

I really liked the 1st season. It has a good premise and is still ongoing right now. Wonder how far this 2nd season will get into the storyline of the manga? If you skipped the 1st season because it looked to be mostly fan service then you lost out because it actually has a good story and interesting characters.

• June 14, 2010 at 6:49 pmOni

one of the sequels i was waiting for definitely a watch for me

• June 14, 2010 at 7:00 pmKoby

This show is like an ecchi version of Zatch Bell or Pokemon in a way. I watched the first season and liked it. Sad it took so long for 2nd season, but glad it’s finally arriving now. I’ll definitely be watching it this summer.

Ryuumaru has already subbed the pre-airing of episode 1 as well. I hear Chihiro will be doing it, and well GX_ST is discussing the possibility of doing it.. but unsure if FUNi will license and stream it. If they do… GX_ST won’t do it since they also support legal methods.

• June 14, 2010 at 8:01 pmcutemi2

I hope this will blogged here sooner

• June 14, 2010 at 10:00 pmBROOKLYN otaku

YAAAAAY!!!!

• June 15, 2010 at 1:43 amOppai Obake

Mmmm… Nennen.

• June 15, 2010 at 6:15 amZaku Fan

Eh the OP and ED reminds me of Himidoken…

• June 15, 2010 at 11:41 amLoveya

Dude, I loved that kiss in the first opening.