SEKIREI ~Pure Engagement~ – 12 »« SEKIREI ~Pure Engagement~ – 10

SEKIREI ~Pure Engagement~ – 11

SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   01 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   02 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   03
SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   04 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   05 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   06
SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   07 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   08 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   09
SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   10 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   11 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   12
SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   13 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   14 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   15
SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   16 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   17 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   18
SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   19 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   20 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   21
SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   22 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   23 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   24
SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   25 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   26 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   27
SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   28 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   29 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   30
SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   31 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   32 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   33
SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   34 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   35 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   36
SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   37 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   38 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   39

「祭ノ準備」 (Matsuri no Junbi)
“Festival Preparations”

I can’t quite make head or tails of Izumi’s true intentions given how he manipulated Uzume yet gave Minato the 72GB memory card containing all the data on Chiho’s condition, but I’m still leaning towards the idea that he’s up to no good. If I were to give him the benefit of the doubt for his recent sign of compassion, I would say he was simply thrilled to learn that another Ashikabi dares challenge him when Matsu hacked his companies’ computer systems. However, it’s probably safe to say that isn’t the case, even if he claims he was only respecting Uzume’s resolve to do anything for Chiho and never planned to have her terminated. Based on what happened this episode, giving Minato the data and blaming everything on Minaka seem to be part of an elaborate plan to infiltrate M.B.I. headquarters, a.k.a. Teito Tower, and steal something from them. Of all people, Seo turns out to be the one he’s hired for the task, while Minato is unknowingly acting as a diversion alongside his Sekirei, after learning there’s no cure for Chiho’s condition with current medicine but one might exist with M.B.I.’s advanced technology. The real problem is that Minaka’s caught wind of Minato’s intentions by tapping his phone call to Takami and has made a game of it.

On paper it’s as simple as getting to the top of Teito Tower, except Minaka’s invited all the Ashikabi without any kills to try and stop him if they want to save their own Sekirei. What’s more, the promise of a prize to the group that actually stops Minato has piqued Hayato‘s interest enough to participate, which compounds problems with the Disciplinary Force waiting inside. Now I know I’ve said Minato is one of the powerhouse Ashikabi, but him against the world is a bit of a stretch even with the recent addition of Kazehana and Homura. Matsu looks like she came up with a clever plan by targeting the computer system and taking down the security systems, but sneaking around in broad daylight is pretty difficult when M.B.I. invoked martial law and ordered all civilians to stay indoors. Incidentally, there wasn’t a whole lot of fighting on Minato’s front thanks to Nishi coming in and stirring things up, leaving most of the action on Matsu, Homura, and Kusano’s end. I actually thought they left off on a pretty good cliffhanger with Homura succumbing to the combination attack between Akitsu and Hayato’s fog Sekirei, No.65 Taki (Takahashi Ao), but the preview quickly killed the suspense by showing him no worse for wear.

It almost seemed too convenient that Minato, Musubi, Tsukiumi, and Kazehana slipped into the tower with ease afterward, but most of the episode did play out as a setup one like the title suggests. The real fun looks like it’s going to start next time once Karasuba joins the “festivities”. From the sound of the preview, all hell’s going to break loose free-for-all style as a result, which I believe marks the first time there’s been a battle of this scale. Unlike the first season, episode twelve isn’t the end, so it looks like we’ll have a couple more to go to resolve this arc on Chiho. From the look of things, this will likely be what Pure Engagement concludes around.

SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   Preview 01 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   Preview 02 SEKIREI Pure Engagement   11   Preview 03
September 13, 2010 at 11:00 pm
  • September 13, 2010 at 11:11 pmPachikun

first!! gran serie saludos desde mexico

• September 14, 2010 at 1:41 amLectro Volpi

¿Va en serio? No sabía que también era de México señor Pachikun.

Well… at least I can enjoy some original non-fodder character designs, look at those twin-tailed sekirei! and those, and those! Ah! that’s no. 65 Taki!

Mutsu fighting Karasuba? no… Mutsu actually doing something? I can look forward to that!

• September 14, 2010 at 3:45 amFlamingYu

wow, Mutsu pulling out his sword…….
        I thought it was just a decoration to smack the ground.

• September 13, 2010 at 11:20 pmJuggs

What is this filler shit?

• September 13, 2010 at 11:28 pmShiden

More like anime-original ending. There won’t be a S3.

• September 14, 2010 at 12:53 amdamrod

they hopefully will make a third season since they pulled the same thing in season 1.

They’ll probably use the excuse that uzume was fixed and all but got a memory wipe while everything she remembers is hidden there or locked away. Or at least, that would be the most convenient excuse/reason to make a third season. Making her lose her memory, gaining it back somewhere in the season and then following the manga again.

• September 14, 2010 at 12:17 amMyssa Rei

Anime-original ending. Apparently the want to top off the season with a climax… Which meant the writers eschewed following the manga to do so (as if Uzume getting KILLED OFF wasn’t a clue).

• September 14, 2010 at 1:17 pmAlec

I guess ill be forced to read the manga

• September 14, 2010 at 6:09 pmDa5id

If you watched the damn episode, you’d know their just adding more time before the third stage starts so the ending isn’t awkward and in the middle of a fight. Jesus.

• September 14, 2010 at 12:46 amxcswmboy

I really really hope Uzume doesn’t actually die in the manga. That would suck horribly.

• September 14, 2010 at 4:54 amSilivious

I agree…her dying in the manga would be the worst thing to happen at this time. XP

• September 14, 2010 at 5:50 amKarmafan

We don’t know if the anime coordinated this with the manga artist and the way its playing out might still be the way it plays out in the manga (mostly). If the next manga episode or 2 has Uzume being defeated to save Minato then we know thats the case.

• September 14, 2010 at 6:41 amSeedStriker

Well, Minato has been reverted to his initial and stupid self, as he blindly plays as a pawn for Higa (“why dirty my hands when another can do it for me?”) After seeing Uzume taken down, anyone would’ve expected him to at least question Higa’s way of doing things, but here Minato is blindingly following a curse of action that will only benefit Higa. Why, oh why, are we presented with this BS? That is something that I don’t understand.

The anime is clearly aiming to end the story right here, regardless that the manga is clearly owning and that it has way too more story and character development to follow than this Naruto/Bleach-filler-to-end-season. By the way, for the manga viewers, even if Uzume is defeated and taken out off the story, Minato’s offensive strike is already successful, so she’ll not be defeated in vain like in the anime.

• September 14, 2010 at 8:07 amIsland Esper

Well the anime is going somewhere else into the unknown (aka anime original ending). Like I said in the shout box: how can this face be killed! Things are looking good for Chiho and I have big hopes that Uzume will make it or at least become the first “shared” sekirei and become half owned by Minato. Enough manga.
    I think there is still more material coming up in the manga for a third season. All the Jinki battles are still pending and the “whole” sekirei project needs to reach its conclusion. So here’s hoping for a third season next year. As for the anime they are trying to end with a bang giving us many battles and action. Can’t wait to see “petan-chan” in action again, as well and Mutsu vs Karasuba action; samurai type blade action.
    Finally did I mention Uzume is still alive and kicking, boo anime boo, baka decision … Fix it and bring her back. I still have hope in Minato’s mother to fix Uzume somehow. That “killing” or wining blow didn’t look like a level 4 or 5 hit; so give us our happy ending!!!! <3 Uzume <3 So much whining and she is second favorite character. Wonder what will happen (to them and me) if they dare lay a finger on Kazehana :D Lol

• September 14, 2010 at 8:35 amewok40k

About half sekirei down, and more are going the same way in the big battle that initiated with the wannabe bounty hunters…
    Karasuba vs Mutsu should be suitably epic.
    Also, can I mis-quote Admiral Ackbar? “It’s a trap, baka!” The doors open and unguarded, really who could have guessed it may be a trap?
    And Minaka shouldnt catch the wall of his building, but plunge to well deserved doom.
    Whatever Higa is up to, Seo being Seo I expect him to “inadverently” help Minato. His biribiri Sekirei should have no trouble with disabling MBI Towers electric power…

• September 14, 2010 at 6:55 pm0927123

I had great hope with this second season. But it got ruined when they killed off Uzume. I don’t know anymore if I should continue and finish it. :(

• September 15, 2010 at 2:28 amJaysus

I feel the same way. I have the episode chilling in my anime folder, but I haven’t had much desire to watch it yet.

• September 15, 2010 at 8:36 am0927123

Yeah true, mine’s chilling to be watched too. :(

• September 14, 2010 at 8:32 pmSnicket

“Herp de derp, lets all go to the bad guys home base and”…ah i can’t even finish the insult. Minato must have been hit the the ‘stupid’ stick again. Or else otherwise, why else would he think it’s a good idea to do such a bone headed move.

• September 14, 2010 at 11:15 pmewok40k

I might have a perverse tactics sense, but I would sent a distraction force for show of pirotechnics/waterworks in the front of the gate, while capturing MBI helicopter and flying to the roof safe from any Sekirei on the ground. Matsu should be enough for the helicopter grab and piloting, leaving main force of the rest of Sekirei strong enough to keep opponents “entertained”.

• September 14, 2010 at 11:55 pmmr.mask

After seeing this ep…. the original anime ending is sure badly written. . . the feel of it is sorta off. . and everything was just forced…They lowered Matsu’s intelligent level .. aaagghh enough.. .

• September 15, 2010 at 2:30 amJaysus

Frankly, the way I would have finished this season is by ending it where…

If Ikkitousen can get (at least) four runs at a series, why can’t Sekirei? Ikkitousen somehow manages to keep getting worse with each installment, but still lives. Thankfully I still have the manga to look forward to.

• September 15, 2010 at 10:44 amewok40k

What is episode count for this season?