Sora no Otoshimono – Tokeijikake no Angeloid »« Sora no Otoshimono Forte – 11

Sora no Otoshimono Forte – 12 (END)

OP3 Sequence

OP3: 「ハートの確率」 (Heart no Kakuritsu) by blue drops (吉田仁美&早見沙織)
(Yoshida Hitomi & Hayami Saori)
[Download]

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   OP3   01 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   OP3   02
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   OP3   03 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   OP3   04

It’s the same opening, but this time with 100% more sound effects, much like they did in season one.

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   01 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   02
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 01

I would’ve liked to see Daedalus speak with Tomoki more, but she did reaffirm my suspicion why she entrusted her angeloids to Tomoki — he makes them feel loved.

「明日に羽飛く彼女達(フォルテ)」 (Asu ni Hapataku Kanajo-tachi (Forute))
“The Girls (Forte) Flapping Their Wings in the Morning”

After the climactic battle with Chaos last time, all I was really expecting in this finale was a lighthearted epilogue of sorts. While that’s pretty much what we got, this last episode surprised me by slipping in the big question at the very end: Which girl would Tomoki marry? In the back of my mind, I was already convinced that Tomoki wouldn’t be able to answer the question that should never be answered in a harem-esque series, but they sure made it interesting when Mikako had all the girls come out in wedding dresses and forced the issue with a gun pointed at Tomoki’s back. In addition, both Ikaros and Chaos’ recovery was all in order, with the latter returning to her original form and joining Tomoki’s flock of first generation angeloids. Overall, it was a more satisfying conclusion to this second season than I was expecting, and comes with the added bonus that there’s a movie in the works. Quite honestly, the surprise announcement at the end got me psyched about a third season, but a movie isn’t bad either considering that they’d probably go all out on the big screen.

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 02

Everything’s a breeze for Nymph now that she has her wings again.

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 03

“Chrysaor! Be my strength!”

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   03 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   04
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 04

Ikaros is listening to Tomoki’s lecturing, but Nymph is only checking out his junk.

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   05 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   06
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 05

It wouldn’t be a finale without Tomoko would it? Let’s just hope Tomoki never discovers the “exciting things” he could do with his own female body.

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 06

Compared to the “fishing” episode, these school swimsuits are a noticeable step back. Tomoki’s perversion as the water on the other hand…

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   07 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   08
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   09 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   10
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 07

I was actually happy that Nymph wasn’t ignored because of her small bust…

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 08

…until Tomoki took his hands off of her and blew his cover.

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 09

Adulthood level up! Tomoki hears the sound of a girl relieving herself and his mind is blown.

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   11 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   12

All that’s left is a karate chop over the head for his pool antics earlier.

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   13 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   14
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   15 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   16

With no way out, Tomoki’s grandfather shows him the way. It’s the birth of the poop princess!

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 10

Tomoko’s got her game face on, but it’s really not happening.

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   17 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   18

Sohara gladly lends a hand sending him through Japan’s sewage system.

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 11

*Knock knock*

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   19 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   20

Normally the saying goes, “out of the frying pan and into the fire”, except for Tomoki it’s “out of the sewage system and into the chapel.”

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   21 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   22
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 12

“You may now kiss the bride.”

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   23 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   24
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   25 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   26
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 13

Tomoki has several options if Ikaros isn’t the one, but Mikako makes it clear that she’s taken. Sohara has a pretty serious look on, and Nymph is the only one who’s truly flustered.

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   27 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   28
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 14

It looks like there’s one little sister who’s willing to forgo her chastity and tie the knot.
Tomoki is saved by Chaos. Who would’ve thunk it?

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   29 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   30
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Snapshot 15

There was still no official imprinting to make Tomoki her new master, but the smile on Nymph’s face was absolutely adorable.

ED12 Sequence

ED12: 「時代遅れの恋人たち」 (Jidai Okure no Koibito-tachi) by 早見沙織, 野水伊織, 福原香織
(Hayami Saori, Nomizu Iori, Fukuhara Kaori)
[Download]

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   ED12   01 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   ED12   02

Tomoki’s three angeloids cover Nakamura Masatoshi’s 1978 song, “Old-fashioned Lovers”.

Final Impressions:

This was a sequel I was excited about ever since it was announced, and it delivered more of the goofy, perverted, and surprisingly heartfelt moments that I enjoyed in the original. Astraea’s addition to the cast was a nice one and started things out with a bang, and the story moved on to the overarching subplot regarding Nymph’s wings before finally addressing Ikaros feelings towards Tomoki. The overall progression never felt stagnant by dwelling on anything for too long, and instead revisited them over the course of the twelve episodes in a less predictable and more enjoyable manner. Much like the first season, it gave us glimpses of the serious side of the story relatively early before bringing it to the forefront with the arrival of Chaos. Episode eight was undoubtedly one of the highlights of the season, with Nymph’s emotional outpouring and Astraea’s act of defiance against her sadistic master. The only thing that trumped that showing was the climactic struggle in episode eleven, which went all out in terms of action, story, emotions, and animation to really give off a fulfilling, intermediate conclusion.

Without all the plot development surround Synapse, I probably would’ve enjoyed this series for its slapstick laughs. However, the fact that it goes beyond an all-powerful angelic android falling from the sky to serve as a love interest for the main character, takes it out of the typical romantic comedy category and puts it a notch above into what I like to consider “fan-service and harem done right”. I tend to watch a lot of fairly mediocre high school comedies, and Sora no Otoshimono has a little bit of an edge to it that makes it a series I’d potentially recommend to people who don’t care for fan-service to begin with. The fact that it does have an ongoing story is the big reason behind that, plus a cast of amiable characters with their various nuances to go along with it. Of course, this series is still tough to recommend when it purposely plays up the perverted side of things as much as it does, so ultimately it’s only a series that I would safely recommend to those who enjoy romantic comedies already and are looking for something a step above the norm.

Looking back, this series was never one that had me hanging on the edge of my seat every episode and longing for the next one, but I was almost always thoroughly entertained by the time it rolled around. It’s easy to get in and makes me a bit sad to see it end, though I still feel that it’s best enjoyed in doses. With the movie announcement, that already gives me something look forward to in the future. Hopefully a third season isn’t too outlandish either, once the manga progresses further along. Anyway, it’s been a fun ride yet again, so thanks for reading and sharing your own thoughts every step of the way.

Movie Announcement

Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Preview 01 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Preview 02
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Preview 03 Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Preview 04
Sora no Otoshimono Forte   12   Preview 05

It’s not a third season, but “Gekijouban Sora no Otoshimono” has a pretty nice ring to it.

December 17, 2010 at 8:27 pm
  • December 17, 2010 at 8:38 pmClick

Woot! The arc that’s going to be animated into a movie is my favorite SnO arc of all time (\(^__^)/)

• December 17, 2010 at 8:47 pmSnicket

Well that was a bizarre episode. Gender swapping, a wedding and the return of Chaos. Who ironically saved Tomoki this time, rather then try to kill him…pretty strange. Though it would have been nice if she would have kept her adult form. Ah well.

Anyway, over all this was a good series. Kind of wished they wouldn’t of butchered the story line as much as they did and go with so much ‘anime original’ content. But still good overall.

Sadly with that new ‘ban’ signed into law, i doubt we’ll get a season three. So it looks like the movie will be the end of the story.

• December 17, 2010 at 9:20 pmArcad

Dude if Quasar of the Stigmata is getting a second season, that new law is just going to be worthless

• December 17, 2010 at 9:27 pmTehJawknee

This law can do nothing about already existing material. This and Seikon no Qwaser is not aimed towards kids. It is explicitly aimed at adults, so said law does not apply to them. It’s basically the “Parental Advisory – Explicit Content” stickers they had to add to CD’s back in the 90′s. It doesn’t stop the sale or production, just restricts the sale to adults only from what I can tell.

• December 17, 2010 at 9:33 pmEx14

not to mention…it’s Tokyo only ^^;;;;

• December 17, 2010 at 8:48 pmretake09

If movie is about Hiyori then Hikasa Yoko is in it <3

• December 17, 2010 at 8:49 pmnoobiesnack

awe… I was hoping for him to be forced to pick. I think Chaos ruined something that could have ended even funnier. Then again, seeing Chaos jump all over Tomoki was worth it as well.

As for a 3rd season, I don’t know what they can really do for it. Show Spoiler ▼

so yeah… They might actually wrap up whats left in the Movie for content. But, it still could go anywhere, especially given the popularity of the series.

• December 17, 2010 at 9:09 pmlzanagi

I think the new Angeloid you are thinking of is Show Spoiler ▼

However, i think the one they are referring to is Show Spoiler ▼

• December 17, 2010 at 9:24 pmBaKaYaRou

I thought Hiyori was

• December 17, 2010 at 11:09 pmnoobiesnack

ah yes, your probably right. but like I said, I haven’t really gotten to that point in the manga…

• December 18, 2010 at 11:38 amFlamingYu

Isn’t Hiyori Show Spoiler ▼

• December 18, 2010 at 8:14 pm0927123

• December 17, 2010 at 8:53 pmNecros

When Chaos yelled “Onii-chan” I melted into putty. I REGRET NOTHING!!!

• December 17, 2010 at 8:59 pmduh

This 2nd season is way way better than the 1st (at least what I remember of it). As you say Divine, the fact there were actual glimpses of plot scattered throughout the show really did elevate this season from the last. The action packed episodes (8 & 11) really surprised me as it showed there is a lot of substance behind all the slapstick and idiotic hijinks.

There was still not enough plot for me though, a lot of teasers, but nothing fully explained – I guess the reason being the manga is still ongoing.

Astraea was a really welcome addition to the crew, her character gave me a lot of laughs especially her bwaaka bwaaka scenes.

• December 17, 2010 at 9:01 pmyanipheonu

Noooooo not another series with an movie.

Now I’ll have to wait for the movie to come out, be constantly spoiled by websites that seem to think I frequent Japanese theatres, then have to wait for the DVD release, THEN wait for the fansubs, and even then, fansubs for anime movies are oddly hard to find.

• December 18, 2010 at 2:50 amdamrod

Meh, depends on two things when you don’t translate it yourself.
      First is knowing which group does it and second is knowing around when they are doing it.

• December 17, 2010 at 9:07 pmlHyDrAl

Thank god they’re animating the Hiyori arc. Favorite arc from the entire manga.

• December 17, 2010 at 9:23 pmTehJawknee

This show was a great one. I know people are freaking out about this ban bill, but again, it has been said that it won’t affect already existing material and if there is such material being released, it will be considered geared toward adults. This means they still can make a third season, just not advertise it toward kids. Then again, this show was never meant for kids in the first place.

• December 17, 2010 at 9:28 pminfinite

Some people probably missed out on the show cuz of all the FS and boy did they miss out on a funny anime. Out of the 2 seasons I enjoyed season 2 a little more. Im gonna miss watching are angeloids every week but Nymph I will miss you the most.

• December 17, 2010 at 10:08 pmSilivious

This should be a good movie. Just hope they announce after the movie, a 3rd season. XD

• December 17, 2010 at 10:28 pmZaku Fan

The hack saw part did seem liksome sort of horror anime

• December 17, 2010 at 11:07 pmSnooSnoo

The movie will be covering the Hiyori arc. Fukken awesome.

• December 17, 2010 at 11:56 pminfo600

funny, I cannot see how can Chaos go from scary cute to “cute” cute…(must be the voice…)

• December 18, 2010 at 2:18 amKyral

With the movie preview my hopes that they ignore the last two original episodes and continue the manga storyline went slightly up. I mean it would be strange if Chaos would be at Tomokis side in the whole Hiyori arc.

Now…
    Otoshimono Forte was nice like the first season. The both last episodes wich strayed from the manga were not bad and quit enjoyable.
    And I really loved Toyosaki Aki’s voice acting here.

• December 18, 2010 at 3:31 amewok40k

lol @ Mikako and her shotgun wedding :P

• December 18, 2010 at 4:24 amHagiri

Usually if the girl has been chosen it will be the Finale for a Harem type series.
    Hopefully they will be making a 3rd season after the movie.
    I’ll be missing Nymph.

• December 18, 2010 at 4:35 amCrystal

“he story moved on to the overarching subplot regarding Ikaros’ wings”
    shouldn’t that be Nymph’s wings?

I’m really going to miss this series..

• December 18, 2010 at 7:45 amDivine

Fixed, thanks.

• December 18, 2010 at 4:48 amsamu

I thought this episode was funny and ridiculous as well, and it seemed to put Tomoki/o in the hot seat a lot! And Mikako finally admits she’s taken ha ha! Chaos is back to appease the loli crowd, so the full spectrum of perversions are covered! She reminds me of Ilya from Fate/Stay Night (oniichan!). I have a feeling she’ll find a way to crawl into Tomoki’s bed to anger the other girls! Seems like Daedalus found the perfect place to leave Chaos where the Master of the Sky can’t get to her; the group that defeated Chaos before: Tomoki’s gang!

If the manga progresses further while they put the movie (Hiyori Arc) out, and dvd/bluray sales are good, then a 3rd season is very likely. There are a lot of side chapters that weren’t animated, so they have a lot of ecchi material to go through. Hopefully the sales will get them to greenlight a season 3; we gotta get some closure (or just more awesome SoNoOto) and have Tomoki falcon punch the Master of the Sky’s face!

• December 18, 2010 at 5:28 am0927123

Just like Sekirei.

• December 18, 2010 at 6:37 amAlvord12

This was one of the show that I looked forward to on Saturdays. I’m gonna miss it… :’)

• December 18, 2010 at 7:07 amdeathangel

This is probably among one of the most memorable anime series i had watch. Everything about this series is great, from the characters, story, animation and music are loveable. Even when the manga ends or the anime stop airing altogether in the future, i will still rewatch it from time to time and looks back to the days when it totally entertain me. now that the season 2 had ended my saturdays will never be the same again, it just feel like i had lost something nice…awww, going to miss it.

• December 18, 2010 at 7:09 amNinja Penguin

After episode 11, and compared to the finale of season 1… this felt like a very limp way to end things, especially since there will seemingly not be a third season of anime.

Hopefully the movie will give Sora no Otoshimono the epic kickass finale it deserves.

• December 18, 2010 at 7:45 amShino

VA A SALIR LA PELIKuLA :D
    PERO KuANDO ? :Z

• December 18, 2010 at 8:09 amHenDarou

I truly hope that that damn new law won’t be in the way of a third season. Love this series. :)

• December 18, 2010 at 8:16 amdrzero7

So Chaos is joining the harem. Well, we needed a yandere somewhere in here.,

• December 18, 2010 at 8:17 amFlamingYu

So, the ocean is once our, fae…from a sewage plant?
    geez…

• December 18, 2010 at 2:07 pmMC

A little off topic, but why can’t they just wait till a manga is finished before they start makeing an anime? Seems like it would make some things much easier, but anyways…looking forward to the move.

• December 18, 2010 at 3:05 pmSilentcid

And miss out on all the perverted things that Tomoki tries to do before he gets caught? No way!

• December 18, 2010 at 4:08 pm♛Croosboy♛

i want the movie to come out fast . o(≧o≦)o
    your right divine eight and eleven were the highlight of this season which balance ecchiness and drama + action along with good cg. well i didnt expect chaos to appear again until the next season but she appeared again in the end. i was quit suprised.

• December 18, 2010 at 8:34 pmShinjiro

I’ll be missing my Angeloid trio (or should I say quartet now?). It was definitely a fun ride once again and cannot wait for the movie AND hopefully another season. SnO is truly going to be missed…Along with Legend of the Legendary Heroes, it’s one tough week to go through and I’m not looking forward to yet another season ending next week.
    In the meanwhile, I’ll get a watermelon and walk around with it, balling: “Ikaros, where are you?”

• December 20, 2010 at 1:42 amZeroYuki

Classic harem end.

• December 21, 2010 at 6:15 amBROOKLYN otaku

REALLY GONNA MISS THIS!!! more please……

• December 21, 2010 at 12:00 pmAvalanche

If I was Tomoki I would’ve simply turned to Mikako and asked: “You can make polygamy legal, right?”

• December 22, 2010 at 4:16 amAzure

Another sweet ending. Animes like this add to the happiness in my life. ^^

• December 25, 2010 at 2:59 pmNymphxTomoki112490235