Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? – 02 »

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? – 01

OP Sequence

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   OP   01 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   OP   02 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   OP   03
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   OP   04 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   OP   05 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   OP   06
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   OP   07 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   OP   08 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   OP   09

OP: 「魔・カ・セ・テ Tonight」 (Ma-ka-se-te Tonight) by 野水いおり (Nomizu Iori)
Watch the OP!: Download, Streaming ▼

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   01 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   02 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   03
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   04 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   05 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   06
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   07 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   08 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   09
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   10 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   11 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   12
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   13 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   14 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   15
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   16 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   17 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   18
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   19 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   20 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   21
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   22 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   23 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   24
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   25 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   26 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   27
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   28 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   29 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   30
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   31 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   32 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   33
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   34 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   35 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   36
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   37 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   38 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   39
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   40 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   41 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   42

「はい、魔装少女です」 (Hai, Masou Shoujo Desu)
“Yes, I’m a Magic-Equipped Girl”

Masou-Shoujos. Zombies. Necromancers. Pantsu. Talking crawfish. At this moment in time, if I had the power to do so, I would make every single person in the world watch this show. If not for the previously mentioned reasons, maybe just because of how ridiculously awesome this show is. When the title of a show contains the word “Zombie”, there are a lot of things that start getting thrown around. Normally when you say zombies, I think of the High School of the Dead-esque zombies – slow, dirty, and stupid corpses walking around and sucking up air. While realistic zombies provide realistic settings, I think I prefer the way Kore wa Zombie does it.

When I first heard about the premise, I’ll admit that I was a little skeptical about how this series would turn out. However, that skepticism was blown away before the beautiful opening sequence even started. It’s a great example of under-promising and over-delivering. Taking the entire zombie genre and piecing it back together from the ground up gives Kore wa Zombie this almost refreshing feel. You have Aikawa Ayumu, who was killed by a serial killer, but revived as a zombie and became nearly super human, capable of pushing his body beyond its natural limits (to the point that it breaks). Take Ayumu and pair him up with a Masou-Shoujo named Haruna (Nomizu Iori) and a cute and tiny Necromancer named Eucliwood Hellscythe or Yuu (Tsukimiya Midori) and you one of the craziest combinations I’ve ever seen. You have Yuu who uses a notepad to communicate and eats like a horse paired with Haruna who is a self-proclaimed genius that carries a chainsaw with her. Sounds like an interesting bunch of characters to me! But what really caught my eye was how no one gives a damn about Ayumu. While being immortal is a pretty good perk, getting sliced in-half on a whim or having your bones broken for being a nice guy doesn’t sound too fun in my opinion. Good thing you can’t die, right Ayumu?

Besides Studio DEEN going above and beyond with the slick animation to accompany the constant chainsaw battles, I found the humor in this show goes much further than the silly zombie jokes that other shows stop at. Watching Ayumu’s broken arm just dangle around him since he’s invincible is funny in its own right, but there are even funnier jokes at play here. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to watch a guy have a shoujo transformation scene? Imagine if you were a recently resurrected human who somehow managed to steal a magical girl’s powers. Now, what happens if you needed to use said magical girl’s powers? Duh, you become a male Masou Shoujo! All joking aside, I never expected to see such a thing animated, ever. Not only was it detailed beyond belief, I don’t think I will ever be able to erase the scene of a male wearing pantsu from my head.

From a first episode standpoint, I think that Kore wa Zombie might end up being one of the favorites for the season. The fact that the popular zombie genre garners a lot of attention should help push Zombie to the top with its nice twist on the whole thing. For the storyline, I can see a few different paths emerging. Besides Ayumu trying to figure out who his murderer actually is, I’m curious as to how he actually stole Haruna’s powers. Plus, where did Haruna actually come from? Where does Yuu come from?! Judging from the preview, next week’s episode looks like a Vampire Ninja is about to get thrown into the mix. Am I excited? You bet I am.

ED Sequence

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   ED   01 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   ED   02 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   ED   03

ED: 「気づいてゾンビさま、私はクラスメイトです」 (Kizuite Zombie-sama, Watashi wa Classmate Desu) by 山口理恵 with manzo (Yamaguchi Rie with manzo)
Watch the ED!: Download, Streaming ▼

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka   01   Preview 01
January 10, 2011 at 9:40 pm
  • January 10, 2011 at 9:41 pmunlisted

I didn’t enjoy the pantsu shot from the guy….

• January 10, 2011 at 9:43 pmaloneinwonderland

Aside from that, he doesn’t look too bad.

• January 10, 2011 at 9:47 pmlzanagi

he was stretching the shirt though…

• January 10, 2011 at 9:53 pmaloneinwonderland

think of it as:
        HIS MANLINESS CANNOT BE CONTAINED BY THE RUFFLED FABRIC.

• January 10, 2011 at 9:43 pmCommiE

“Mysterlein KICK!” “WTF THAT AINT A KICK!!!!!”

• January 10, 2011 at 9:49 pmShadiic

Don’t speak. Your wounds are sever. Give up all Hope!! XD

• January 11, 2011 at 2:35 pmSuppa Tenko

You already gave up hope on me!? D:

• January 10, 2011 at 9:46 pmShadiic

Great start. A hilarious take on the mahou shoujo series. Here we have a light hearted view on the genre and in contrast with Madoka where it is more serious, we have to two opposite takes. It does have the setting for something darker with the serial killer, but we also have the potential backgrounds of Yuu and Haruna. Wonder what’s going to unfold.

• January 10, 2011 at 9:47 pmoliviaven

Pft……Pwahahahhahahaha XD
    was my reaction when i saw him transform onto a Masou Shoujo

• January 10, 2011 at 9:50 pmGaze of Providence

Wow, there is seriously a shit-ton of tropes in this anime, well it’s pretty funny though especially the Kick that is not a kick, but is actually a chainsaw to the face.

I bet their going to focus on episodice comedy content, and sideline the plot (finding his killer) until near the final few episodes.

• January 10, 2011 at 9:53 pmfluidity

Multiple parodies in a melting pot. I couldn’t contain my voice laughing out loud during the pre-opening sequence. The kind of show that leaves you wondering where/when is the serious plot? Also Ayumu’s assumptions of Eucliwood’s true thoughts, him about to get butt-raped and his transformation(which turns into an embarrassing situation) were hilarious beyond doubt. Hopefully this show would keep it’s funny momentum ’till the conclusion.

• January 10, 2011 at 9:57 pmAoihoshikage

I agree, this is a great start to a series. Many of the parodies had me lol. I just hope Studio Deen doesn’t screw this up…

• January 10, 2011 at 10:04 pmPhosphatide

I almost died of laughter a number of times during this episode due to a few small things.

Such as the magnificent transformation sequence. In my head I kept thinking “I can’t believe they’re actually doing this.”

• January 10, 2011 at 10:06 pmfluidity

Noticed as well that the protagonist is somewhat voiced by Junji Majima(Ryuuji from Toradora,Aoki from Kodomo no Jikan). This guy is on par with seiyuu’s who give that funny man feeling like Hiro Shimono, Tomokazu Sugita, Hiroshi Kamiya, Hiroyuki Yoshino(who also seems to lend his voice to Ayumu’s friend, Orito) to name a few.

• January 11, 2011 at 12:49 pmNadavu

how can a character be ‘somewhat’ voiced?

• January 10, 2011 at 10:14 pmdrcnch

I wasn’t expecting this show to be as good as the first episode has me now believing. I was hooked the second he turned toward the camera with that truck barreling in on him. “By the way, I’m a zombie,” indeed.

• January 10, 2011 at 10:16 pmME

• January 10, 2011 at 10:17 pmJohn Smith

its working~~~~~~~~~~~~ xD hahahaha

• January 10, 2011 at 10:17 pmDyne

Why do they have two separate seiyuus for “Mousou Yuu” (Mitsuishi Kotono) and Eucliwood Hellscythe (Tsukimiya Midori)? And can Ayumu (quite the girly name) be classified as a trap in his masou-shoujo form? He doesen’t look that bad in this and this. Though I don’t don’t know who is the greater pervert, a cross-dressing masou-shoujo or a naked girl with only a curtain on.

• January 10, 2011 at 10:22 pmDyne

First we got a pedobear, then we got a crayfish who’s into BL. Can’t wait fot the next Megalo to show up. :D

• January 11, 2011 at 1:43 amZnail

Isn’t one voice actor the male leads imagination only and the other one when she actually speaks later? They will most likely be nothing alike :)

• January 10, 2011 at 10:19 pmexia

I enjoyed the randomness and the wtf moments of this show. Zombies can talk and have a good laugh too! not all zombies are all doom and gloom and like brains and flesh apparently.

• January 10, 2011 at 10:19 pmAlvord12

Hilarious! Damn, I didn’t expect this to be so funny. Definitely going on the watch list! :D

• January 10, 2011 at 10:28 pmJustin2010

didnt know this is going to be such funny show. hes one of the best zombie i havent seen in a very long time.

• January 10, 2011 at 10:41 pmP0NCH

You’ve convinced me, I’ll give it a shot :)

• January 11, 2011 at 1:24 amTakaii

Glad to see you’re on board. This is just the first episode, but I know I enjoyed it.

• January 10, 2011 at 10:43 pmkuroshi_nazo

I nearly died of laughter at the end.
    “I, in this moment… appoint you a Masou Shoujo. It’s an honor!.”
    So funny!

• January 10, 2011 at 10:45 pmabubu

If you like just random stupid crap well this is a show made just for you.

• January 11, 2011 at 6:40 amPureauraa

“They see me trollin’…”

• January 10, 2011 at 10:46 pmBROOKLYN otaku

TAKAII!!!…I’m taking ur word on this dawg! *takes Leap of faith!*…….”probably would have anyway lol”

• January 10, 2011 at 10:55 pmVsin

Partway through the sequence: Wait, is he…is that…is this studio seri- oh my god…BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• January 10, 2011 at 11:17 pmUFO

Damn, I have never seen a zombie show that as hilarious as this one. This anime season looks so promising with many interested series. I will definitely follow this.

• January 10, 2011 at 11:28 pmyoz

Anyone noticed the Dyson fan? It’s suppose to be really noisy but that aside, is this an ad or the author is a big fan of dyson?

• January 11, 2011 at 1:23 amTakaii

YES I DID. The Dyson blade-less one? I didn’t want to say anything out of fear that no one would get it..

• January 11, 2011 at 6:33 amduh

Hah, I noticed it too, but like Takaii, I didn’t think anyone would know of it. I found it somewhat out of place in the shots that it was in, being iron/blue colour as well as it being fully CG rendered.

• January 10, 2011 at 11:33 pmKaris

I’d prefer if Sankarea was animated if it had a few more volumes to publish.

I’d discontinue watching this series if only that cute, silent necromancer wasn’t introduced.

• January 10, 2011 at 11:47 pmrummy

Oh, great. Now that’s 2 magical boy transformations, I get to watch weekly.

Funny series is funny.

• January 11, 2011 at 12:03 amfairx

the moment I saw Ayumu getting struck (by truck) and flyover – in the manner which reminds me of certain flash game involving girl hitting his boyfriend with bicycle – I am hooked.

It’s a random mashup of numerous genres and anime characters, the best that we’ve seen last year. Oh what a start..!

with the promise of Madoka, Beelzebub, Oniichan and this zombie madness, perhaps this season wasn’t bad afterall. ;)

• January 11, 2011 at 7:55 pmsarcastic_weasel

Ah, Nanaca★Crash. Good times. A lot of wasted hours sunk into that one.

• January 11, 2011 at 12:29 amMegalo

Likely the only show I’ll watch this season. The randomness makes just as much sense as the nonsense most other shows try to pile on us. The mystery of his killer also provides for a hook. A+, will watch again.

• January 11, 2011 at 12:41 amInfinite

This 1st episode was hilarious! I definitely wasn’t expecting that. ^^ I also liked the OP and the ED was pretty funny. I’ll definitely be watching the next ep! I’m sold if the next ep keeps it up :)

• January 11, 2011 at 12:46 amFlamingYu

I didn’t know zombies were “this *heck he’s doing Neji’s style*” strong, until I’ve watch this show.

Vampire Ninja , quite an over-powered combination.
    Can’t wait to see her personality.

• January 11, 2011 at 2:40 pmSuppa Tenko

No, I’m pretty sure he’s doing it Kenshiro Style cuz he said
      “The human body can not normally use 100% of their strength but [as a zombie] Hokuto Shinken can unlock the remaining 70%” WACHA! ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATTA AT~!

• January 11, 2011 at 12:51 amBlackwings89

• January 11, 2011 at 12:52 amdbm

Is there any significance to using “masou shoujo” instead of “mahou shoujo”? It is spelled that way in the OP text (“She is… Masou shoujo”), and Haruna clearly pronounces it “Masou-Shoujo” when she corrects Ayumu, who had called her a “Mahoutsukai” (Magic-user). The Crunchyroll subtitlers left “masou shoujo” untranslated rather than translating it to the standard English equivalent “magical girl”, which makes it really stand out; maybe there’s some pun I am missing? Or does Haruna have some moe lisp?

• January 11, 2011 at 1:21 amTakaii

From what I can figure out the characters “魔装” Ma + Sou is just a compound of two different kanji. Ma from Mahou (magic) and Sou from clothing. If you look up Sou, you see that when you put a character in front of it, it’s usually a type of equipment or clothing. IE: 偽装 Fake + Clothing = disguise.

The only thing I can think that makes sense is Magical Equipped Girl. So, if you look at her chainsaw, you can almost see it as an extension of her powers. So I think the the focus is on the weapon rather then the user. (This being the first episode, who knows)

• January 11, 2011 at 1:33 amzem

That would definitely explain his reaction: “All I got was clothes?!” or whatever he said. Thanks for the info, I was wondering the same thing.

• January 11, 2011 at 1:37 amTakaii

No problem. I could be wrong, but it makes sense right now. Maybe everything will be explained later :p

• January 11, 2011 at 2:04 amdbm

That makes sense. Thanks for the answer!

• January 11, 2011 at 2:19 am♕Croosboy♕

oh i was going to ask the same question?
        anyway that somehow make sense.
        i was also thinking of masaw- magical-saw

• January 11, 2011 at 5:08 amDyne

Was I the only one that thought it was something along the lines of masochist-shoujo? But then ‘magic-equipped’ made more sense. D

• January 12, 2011 at 8:18 pmNhelraios

@Dyne My thoughts exactly, until Takaii explained it above w/c made more sense.

• January 11, 2011 at 1:11 amdietwarrior

Found the slapstick humor to be childish and obvious and the animation was meh. Seriously, I wish I knew why everyone seems to think this was funny and entertaining.

• January 11, 2011 at 1:55 amShadiic

That’s because everyone enjoys acting like a kid from time to time. So child humor is good for us oldies who’s lives are nothing more than work, do this, do that.

• January 11, 2011 at 11:06 amdietwarrior

I think I may actually see your point there, I myself have noticed my anime affinity leaning towards that direction when I watch it after a few exhausting days in uni. Sort of like a way to dilute the harsh, gray reality – though still, this isn’t the type of show I would want to watch anytime.

• January 11, 2011 at 1:28 amMakie

Cool OP and ED. I wasn’t expecting this one to be blogged in a good way. Guess I’ll try it first xD

Btw, should this one “further then” be “further than” instead?

• January 11, 2011 at 1:31 amBluance

Instant favorite! A bunch of laughs, the M is strong in this one.

• January 11, 2011 at 1:41 amLonghaul

“While realistic zombies provide realistic settings, I think I prefer the way Kore wa Zombie does it.”

George Romero style zombies have rather warped what people think of when they hear zombie.

• January 11, 2011 at 2:46 amamado

I like the characters both personality and design.
    I can sense that there will be probably more awesome fight scenes and were just having the typical fanservice and comedy.

but ayumu is a disgrace to all main character traps, I dont think ive seen a main character who is so bad at being a trap…

• January 11, 2011 at 3:03 am♕Croosboy♕

hahahaha nanaka crash XD(thx to Zeross’s link from ore imou 10 post that i was able to relate)
    is this anime related to Princess Resurection
    masaw/masou shoujo lol now thats a new thing to hear
    still wondering whats that thing thats circulating? electric fan
    and w0w i lol many times rolf
    hope this doesnt end up like MM

• January 19, 2011 at 1:05 pmZeross

Lol just seen it.
      it’s awesome to see another reference to this game =D

• January 11, 2011 at 3:35 amJace

wow i didn’t expect it to be that fun to watch. certainly watching the next few eps to see if its worth following!

• January 11, 2011 at 3:58 amDanSag

ahah this “Use my power since I have lost it to you” scene, so much reminds me of the first episode of Bleach.

• January 11, 2011 at 4:29 amrasone0104

wow, waaaay better than i expected this to be.
    The transformation scene had me laughing for a few minutes.
    I was like “ahhh my eyes are burning XD”

• January 11, 2011 at 4:47 amLitho

I didn’t think I’d enjoy this when I downloaded it (ecchi-shounen-harem isn’t my thing), but it turned out to be quite hilarious, in a childish sort of way.

Will definitely give this series a chance.

• January 11, 2011 at 2:42 pmSuppa Tenko

The only ecchi in this episode is male ass. I think Ayumu will have more fan(dis)service scenes than the girls.

• January 11, 2011 at 5:26 amhellishdude

what have been seen…cannot be unseen. ^OO^

• January 11, 2011 at 5:28 amTomer

This series looks exceedingly average

• January 11, 2011 at 5:35 amShinjiro

This is going to be a lot of fun! I had my doubts but thankfully my boredom got the best of me…And I downloaded this WTFLMAO first episode. Surprisingly more interesting than the first second season’s Mitsudomoe episode.

• January 11, 2011 at 5:38 amhellishdude

if the next episodes have more man panty shots I’m gonna sue them!

• January 11, 2011 at 6:30 amZaku Fan

Yuu looks like the type of character who has Boss level power but never feel threatened enough to use it

• January 11, 2011 at 7:04 amewok40k

zombie male lead, hilariously overpowered instead of being useless? Vampire ninjas?? Male magical girl???
    Must watch!

• January 11, 2011 at 7:24 amKewldude

Average indeed, o well, still will continue to check it out though

• January 11, 2011 at 7:38 amZaku Fan

Anyone who has read the LN know what that fan like thing that Yuu is always sitting near is? Looks like some sort of humifer, air sanitization or some exotic mana condenser.

• January 11, 2011 at 10:16 amZaku Fan

Nevermind, found out its a bladeless fan

• January 11, 2011 at 7:45 amNinja Penguin

This show has given me the best laughs so far in Winter 2011. It’s so random yet somehow against most expectations it’s working for me :D

Some jokes missed the mark but more often than not they hit. Hilarious stuff. If they can keep up the manic pace then this will be the best show this season, even if not it will definitely be the funniest imho.

• January 11, 2011 at 7:51 amentropy13

That was really good, it’s for the lulz

LOL

• January 11, 2011 at 8:17 amNick87

I gave it a shot, but it wasn’t my kind of show. However are these some parodies?
    The crayfish- parody of the Crab from Hitagi Crab of Bakemonogatari?
    The clothes vanishing?- First episode of Toaru Magisitu no Index, where Index’s clothes are destroyed by the protagonist’s right arm?
    Ayumu “Stealing and using” the shoujo’s power- Ichigo using Rukia’s borrowed powers?
    Any thoughts?

• January 11, 2011 at 4:47 pmGaze of Providence

That which has been is that which shall be; and that which has been done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Also, maybe you’re just overanalyzing this.

• January 11, 2011 at 8:18 amkuritos

it’s me …but the introduction part when he’s hit by a truck and start..spinning…it’s a parody of nanacha crash? (the spinnig)..???? true???

• January 11, 2011 at 12:30 pmfairx

Yes.. Nanaca Crash!

Thats the one I’m refering to. I just can’t remember the title before.

• January 11, 2011 at 4:43 pmGaze of Providence

May not be an actual reference to the game, but who knows?

• January 11, 2011 at 8:31 amboop

I couldn’t stop laughing. HAHAHA!

• January 11, 2011 at 9:56 amacolyte

I just watch this show for the necro and the vampire ninja.. Not my cup of tea.. Too much jokes to the point I facepalm myself.

Save me >_<

• January 11, 2011 at 2:43 pmSuppa Tenko

Ninja vampires only exist in comedies, you should have already known.

• January 22, 2011 at 4:50 pmEpixAura

By that logic, the entire “twilight” series was a joke. Oh wait, it was.
        Sorry, just had to say that. I agree with your logic wholeheartedly.

• January 11, 2011 at 10:09 amXin

Hands down the best opener of the season for me so far. I haven’t laughed out loud like that from a show in a while.

I know its too early to judge, but most of the humor in the first eps. this season haven’t really been hitting home with me until this rolled around. Very much looking forward to what it shapes out to be.

• January 11, 2011 at 11:54 amfall3nbs

Uhh. So I see a chainsaw, a crayfish and slots of blood with a silly sounding premise.Well, looks like this will be added to my watchlist!

• January 11, 2011 at 12:11 pmSilentCid

From being photographed by many who seen him in his cosplay clothes he only wise he was dead…Oh wait he is.

• January 11, 2011 at 6:00 pmSilentCid

oops wise = wish

• January 11, 2011 at 12:57 pmNadavu

Can’t say I was blown away, but it had its moments. I might need another episode or two to get into the spirit of things..

• January 11, 2011 at 1:15 pmShirt

I’m surprised you didn’t take a screenshot of Haruna poking the cell phone! She was sooooooo freaking CUTE!!!! x33 Omg yes Haruna has me hooked.

• January 12, 2011 at 8:52 amP0NCH

I loved the cellphone bit, and that odd chicken (or chick?) thing on the table that the necromancer was squishing with her hand.
      The cuteness was indeed overwhelming XD

• January 11, 2011 at 2:13 pmSoraNoKaze

What an awesome anime. So many funny parts I got alot of lulz. I can’t wait until next week to see more.

• January 11, 2011 at 2:20 pmtokiwa

my sweet memories of pantsu is going to be crushed because of that crazy guy…

• January 11, 2011 at 4:07 pmN0216332

• January 12, 2011 at 9:17 amKinny Riddle

And yet for some reason we were all enjoying LOLing at poor Ayumu’s misfortune. Perhaps we ought to have a minute’s silence for his dignity. XD

• January 11, 2011 at 4:20 pmChocolate

You’re spot on Takaii, I walked into this show not expecting much, but I was seriously overwhelmed with how great it turned out to be. The premise is funny and nothing I would of expected, I could barely stop myself from laughing the whole time. Glad I decided to watch the show due to boredom one day. I also love how no one is generically in love with the main character too. :D

Funniest scenes for me was Ayumu imagining how the necromancer acted in his mind, the mysterlein kick that wasn’t even a kick, and Ayumu’s transformation scene when he was moaning a bit, haha.

• January 11, 2011 at 4:45 pmStiylMagnus

what the hell is happening with the winter line up… it is dominated with tons of gay and girly stuffs.

• January 11, 2011 at 7:09 pmCinos

It’s “Magical Clothing Girl” actually
    it makes sense cause whe he transformed she said his power went up from the costume

• January 11, 2011 at 7:20 pmKiri

……..dammit, now I gotta start watching this too.

• January 11, 2011 at 7:57 pmLurker

A DEEN series with good animation. The end of the world is near.

• January 11, 2011 at 8:09 pmchaos

i just about busted a gut laughing at this i think this series will be very interesting

• January 11, 2011 at 9:10 pmAnime>Sleep Otaku

Love This, good thing i check out every anime around, else i’d miss this one.

• January 11, 2011 at 9:36 pmKim_Pine

100th

• January 11, 2011 at 9:36 pmZanibas

The protagonist’s attitude feels strangely refreshing. It reminds me of Sayonara Sensei…only with a lighter feel ^^.

• January 12, 2011 at 8:57 amP0NCH

It’s nice that despite him liking all the gloomy stuff (like bad weather, graveyards, black coffee, and whatnot) he still retains the emotions and feelings of a *ahem* healthy young man. He definitely has a nice contrast to the other characters so far, balancing with Yuu’s quietness and Haruna’s loud sassy attitude :)

• January 11, 2011 at 9:37 pmjrj

nice episode!
    now I see why this show gets so many comments…
    After Taiga obtained a dragon’s mark, Ryuji obtained a status as Zombie? Toradora S2 spin-off… here we go XD
    Vampire ninja? that should be awesome!
    and OP is so SHAFTY for me for some reason :)

• January 11, 2011 at 10:59 pmBROOKLYN otaku

YOU were RIGHT takaii, you were sooooooooo RIGHT!

• January 11, 2011 at 11:58 pmGhostalker

So this show is a rather bold re-interpretation of what Mahou Shoujo would like if it’s a young boy taking on the role?

Will try this show, if it amazes me in the first episode then chances are I will be following this for the rest of the season. Already picked Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Infinite Stratos and Yumekui Merry, Kimi ni Todoke S2, and Gosick.

• January 12, 2011 at 8:22 amKinny Riddle

WHAT IS SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN. AH! My virgin eyes!

Man, this could turn out to be a surprise hit, at least for its comedy. Winter 2011 season’s been lacking a bit in the comedy department, after all, which is what I really crave for. I must be getting old, to prefer such silly comedy over serious harem drama in other series.

First the Nanaca crash parody, then Ayumu thinking he’s about to be buttraped, and finally him transforming with transformation scene intact. lol

• January 12, 2011 at 1:47 pmGhostalker

Ok, I’ve finally watched this show, and I’m quite glad I didn’t skip this. Pretty hilarious specially that ~ so amazing transformation sequence and his initial reaction, I laugh hard on that ~

• January 12, 2011 at 4:17 pmMatroid

Ha ha ha. This one makes me laugh. Just when you think there is nothing worse than being turned into a zombie… BTW, the magical girl reminds me a cross between Card Captor Sakura (with the mushroom hat) and the Monster Princess (with the chainsaw).

• January 12, 2011 at 6:08 pmGuardian

Gods I hate Japanese slapstick. SO. NOT. FUNNY. Mark this up under ‘series that Divine will rave endlessly about that I’ve no desire whatsoever to watch’.

• January 12, 2011 at 8:22 pmTakaii

I kind of liked the entire show though. It’s a damn shame Divine isn’t covering it though.

• January 13, 2011 at 12:16 amGuardian

Sorry, wrong blogger … still, I hate this show, not funny at all IMO. I don’t enjoy shows that’re nothing but watching the main character get tortured in cruel and inventive ways by copies of the same lame tsundere archetype. I’ll be giving this show a very wide berth this season.

• January 12, 2011 at 6:26 pmhaseo0408

This is one the funniest series I´ve seen in a long time. From where I stand I judge that the poor Ayumu has some series mental issues concerning Yuu (who I find very cute for a not speaking character)and the mahou shoujo clothes only help destroy his mind further. I feel a little bit sorry for him, but It´s to funny to not laugh like a hyena.

• January 12, 2011 at 8:38 pmNhelraios

Wait, what the heck!! Did I just hear Ayumu’s moan in his transformation scene? gross..

Hilarious… is what I should describe this first episode. Im definitely hooked and the plot itself is actually intriguing. Although Idk what to think about zombies getting dried up by walking in the sunlight.

The ED sequence is so cute, Im lovin it!

• January 13, 2011 at 12:07 amKizamikun

I cracked up when he transformed, really.

• January 13, 2011 at 3:41 amahelo

this is just lol. I’m definitely waching this.

• January 13, 2011 at 1:32 pmMikkye

I personally, like the direction this show is heading, it could very well be a favorite of mine, also at the seen where his classmates took out there cellphones to take pictures of the perv, made my day lol

• January 14, 2011 at 10:24 amPeepQ

Win.

• January 15, 2011 at 6:17 am1Lau

Hilarious episode, didn’t expect them to go comedy all the way with this much action as well.
    I hope they can keep this up the entire season.

• January 15, 2011 at 8:20 amKaiser

I was dying during the transformation for Ayumu. XD
    This season really has a lot of gems to be discovered.

• January 15, 2011 at 8:59 pmKlown

for sure one of my favourites this season
    kinda feels like it’s bringing something new to anime
    putting necromancers magical girls and zombies together lol epic win

• January 20, 2011 at 3:50 amlester

It has a reference of Bleach episode 1, Rukia transfer her power to Ichigo. But this one is really a good one, Ayumu turned into a Magical Girl right down to the panty flashing.

• January 22, 2011 at 4:44 pmEpixAura

This was easily the most amazing thing I’ve seen in my life.
    Does anyone know if there is an English translation of the light novels or if there are plans to translate it? I don’t think I can wait a full week in between episodes.