STAR DRIVER: Kagayaki no Takuto – 18 »« STAR DRIVER: Kagayaki no Takuto – 16

STAR DRIVER: Kagayaki no Takuto – 17

STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   01 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   02 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   03
STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   04 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   05 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   06
STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   07 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   08 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   09
STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   10 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   11 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   12
STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   13 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   14 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   15
STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   16 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   17 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   18
STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   19 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   20 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   21
STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   22 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   23 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   24
STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   25 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   26 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   27
STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   28 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   29 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   30
STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   31 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   32 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   33
STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   34 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   35 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   36
STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   37 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   38 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   39

「バニシングエージ」 (Banishingu Eeji)
“Vanishing Age”

Ask and you shall receive, as included this week was a new maiden song by Keito, “Aki-iro no Aria”, to kick off the next arc. With Koshimizu Ami singing, it’ll probably only take another episode for the song to establish itself as the new Zero Time theme too. Combined with the obligatory beach episode where Takuto was the “oil boy prize” of a volleyball match, the only things that made this episode even better were the radical changes within Kiraboshi.

Much like the episode title suggests, Head quickly made Vanishing Age the only division that matters anymore, after he destroyed the cyber casket, revealed that only Star Drivers with a real mark can pilot Cybodies in the third phase, and added Takashi, Kei Madoka (Yukana), and Atari Kou (Saiga Mitsuki) from Otogi Bank to his group because they fulfill that requirement. It was a drastic turn of events, yet not entirely unexpected given that Head’s been seen conspiring with Keito already. It was only a matter of time before one division tried to capitalize and take over the entire brigade, even though Head downplayed what the other members perceived as a coup d’etat. The question is, will everyone who was left out sit idly from the sidelines or will they band together against the power hungry Vanishing Age? At this point, I’m inclined to believe they’ll do something about it, if the updated ending sequence with all those left out is any indication of things to come. The one exception is Takashi, but I can picture him leaving Vanishing Age for Simone’s sake.

For now, that remains some early speculation of mine as more questions surrounding Head himself are raised. This includes the person in a coma he visited, plus how he told all the Kiraboshi members that he knows who the last maiden is but won’t reveal her identity. In the latter case, his explanation was that the “Higanishi” (east) maiden’s seal must be broken when Wako’s is due to the risk of a Star Driver getting trapped in Zero Time if they can’t cancel their apprivoiser, though I wonder if that was only a pretense to make everyone stop searching for Keito. It’s definitely a possibility considering how cunning Head’s been. The only person who seems to know as much as him about what’s going on is Kanako’s husband Leon, who’s been keeping close tabs on all of Kiraboshi’s activities with Mylene’s help and even knows Head’s real name — Miyabi Reiji. (I guess that explains the “R” initial seen on all his paintings.)

On the Zero Time side of things, it feels like we’re back to the usual affair in a slightly revamped form. Madoka’s (Window Star) fight with Takuto made the newly-acquired third phase look like it was all that it’s been made out to be, until learning that Takuto was holding back so he wouldn’t hurt her quickly suggested otherwise. The one notable difference is that Sugata’s King’s Pillar has been rendered ineffective, while Tauburn’s been upgraded accordingly and Takuto keeps pulling new attacks out of nowhere to make up for it. The Tau Missile was one of his flashier abilities though — launching Takuto as a “radiant meteor” — and seemed to impress Madoka to a certain degree after she was plucked out of her Cybody. I gather the real test will be if Head gets another go at Takuto, if he’s willing to take the 50/50 odds on getting his Cybody repaired for a rematch.

ED2.5 Sequence

STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   ED2.5   01 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   ED2.5   02 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   ED2.5   03

ED2: 「Pride」 by スキャンダル (SCANDAL)
Watch the 2nd ED!: Download, Streaming ▼

The ending sequence was updated slightly, with the most notable changes being Keito replacing Mizuno/Marino and the group shot at the very end.

STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   Preview 01 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   Preview 02 STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto   17   Preview 03
January 30, 2011 at 4:35 am
  • January 30, 2011 at 4:50 amjrj

beach volleyball episode… they are everywhere… can’t underestimate its power…
    Tau missile is sort of funny, Takuto being the missile himself XD
    the story is getting on a much better track now, can’t wait for next week… and more sword training and firework attacks!

• January 30, 2011 at 4:58 amqntiria

so fast….

• January 30, 2011 at 5:10 am♕Croosboy♕

wonder when will takuto fight 2 or more Cybody.
    (Man that was fast. Post wish i mean)

• January 30, 2011 at 5:20 amShadiic

I’m still confused to see the enemy cybody again as the last time we met it was in episode 4. Takuto and Wako don’t seem to remember, but I bloody well think it’s the same.

• January 30, 2011 at 5:26 amN

Agreed, that is definitely the same one. Odd that neither seemed to remember it, though it’s defeated now so maybe it doesn’t matter.

You know, it might have been helpful if perhaps Mizuno had mentioned to Takuto that it was Keito who lured her in.

• January 30, 2011 at 5:51 amDmonHiro

You’re wrong. Takuto DID mention it, as soon as he entered Zero Time. He said “I’ve seen this one before”.

• January 30, 2011 at 11:07 amSuppa Tenko

Not quite, he was asleep when he entered Zero Time. Pillow Takuto and Pillow Sugata are funny :3 though someone should tell Takuto to stop wearing the same clothes day and night.

• January 30, 2011 at 5:48 amSerp

What? Takuto clearly said that he had seen the Cybody before.

• January 30, 2011 at 5:54 amShadiic

My mistake then, but still pose the question of the cybody apprivosing from two different hosts.

• January 30, 2011 at 6:02 amN

Yeah, I missed that as well. Was watching the Raw and didn’t catch it.

• January 30, 2011 at 10:56 amawdf

Reason that they’re the same is because the previous pilot was using the fake mark to approvoise the same cybody, while this time it’s the real mark pilot using it.

• January 30, 2011 at 5:26 amLen

great episode

• January 30, 2011 at 5:44 amN

I kind of like the idea of those left out trying to do something about it. Looking at the preview, it seems to be Filament versus Vanishing Age with the fireworks.

The last bit with the ending is interesting if it’s a clue, but I see Keito on the far right and Undine on the left. Given that it seems likely Keito is working with Head, this would seem a bit confusing unless Keito for some reason wants to break of their deal for some reason.

Another thing in the ending, though this isn’t new, is that Sugata’s hand in the scene where they are being surrounded is in the gesture for the Kiraboshi salute.

• January 30, 2011 at 6:43 amSerapita

Takashi seems to be planning something so him joining Vanishing Age might be a part of his plan. And Keito might betray Head due to her connection with Sugata.

But I still think somehow Sugata is going to be last boss…

• January 30, 2011 at 6:45 amSerapita

Oops, submitting too soon…

Also notice that all Kiraboshi member use right-handed pose while the one in ED Sugata uses his left hand to make that symbol, might have some hidden meaning.

• January 30, 2011 at 6:59 amN

I’m not sure he’s planning anything. He just seems more cautious than the others in what’s going on. Maybe, if the plan somehow had the potential to harm him in some way.

Samekh certainly seems like it’s going to be the last boss, which would seem to indicate Sugata. It would feel really odd though as things are now unless something big happens that breaks whatever bond they have or some other circumstances arise. Still, I think that whatever happens, they’ll still be friends in the end.

True, though maybe he is left handed. I also seem to recall one of the Star Trio doing the salute with his left in an earlier episode.

• January 30, 2011 at 8:14 ampaulrenzo

Takuto has this “no matter who wins I lose” face when he was applying the lotion hahaha.

• February 2, 2011 at 8:27 amfeal87

True! :D

• January 30, 2011 at 8:44 amHitsuaya_10

gotta love the show

• January 30, 2011 at 9:10 amwahahahahaha

Tauburn Missile = MasterAsia’s Choukyuhaoudeneidan 超級覇王電影弾

• January 30, 2011 at 2:51 pmBossun

It reminded me more of the Fourth Hokage and his special kunai, since Tauburn teleported to where Takuto was

• January 30, 2011 at 9:48 amZone

One thing i really like about this is because they are always very flashy..
    Anyway I really like how the series heading to right now…I still don’t understand why head didn’t have transformation scence..LOL

• January 30, 2011 at 9:52 amSuppa Tenko

I thought there were only 12 Star Swords, don’t you think they would have run out by now?

• January 30, 2011 at 10:23 amblackcat

Dont think so. If my memory is correct, then Vanishing Age have 4, Adult Bank have 2, Filament have 1 and Tauburn have 2. There are 3 more Star Swords.

• January 30, 2011 at 10:05 pmZone

I think adult bank got 1 star sword only that is Takashi star sword..

• January 31, 2011 at 4:41 amrau

Diamond – Head (Reshbal)
        Emerald – Takuto (Tauburn)
        Sapphire – Takuto (Tauburn)
        Amethyst – Takashi (Tsvadict)(also Daltos)
        Ruby – Benio (Peshent)
        Pearl – Madoka (Hegent)
        Sardonyx – Stick Star (Lamdos)
        Garnet – Sword Star (Zainas)

Peridot – ??
        Aquamarine – ??
        Opal – ??
        Topaz -??

• January 31, 2011 at 7:24 amblackcat

No, you forgot Simone’s Star Sword

• January 31, 2011 at 5:07 pmDa5id

Simone didn’t have one, she let Takashi take over in her fight.

So far there’s:

Takuto-Emeraude and Saphir (Emerald and Saphirre
        Head-Diamant (Diamond)
        Takashi-Amethyste (Amethyst)
        Benio-Ruby (…shouldn’t have to say it)
        Tsukihikio (Ep 9)-Sardonyx (Onyx)
        Takeo (Ep 10)-Guruna (Garnet?)
        Madoka-Pearl (PEARL.)

So that makes 8, with 4 remaining. I’m gonna assume that Ginta (the green haired guy) and Kou have one each, which would leave two left.

• January 30, 2011 at 10:07 amDer Fur Shur

Stuff’s going down now, also Keito is pure win

• January 30, 2011 at 10:30 amAbyss

Kanako I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• January 30, 2011 at 10:45 amFrozenFury

Madoka called herself Ginga Bishounen…

• January 30, 2011 at 11:08 amSuppa Tenko

Could have at least called herself Ginga Bishoujo… and where is the fabulous costume transformation? Unless it only transforms a person if it deems his/her costume not fabulous enough.

• January 30, 2011 at 11:24 amunlisted

“I gather the real test will be if Head gets another go at Takuto, if he’s willing to take the 50/50 odds on getting his Cybody repaired for a rematch.”

We all know he’s more than willing and that he’ll definitely make it out alive.
    Still, after even being so predictable, Star Driver doesn’t fail to entertain.

On another note, the song sounds really flat. It’s been downhill since monochrome.

• January 30, 2011 at 11:29 amDawn

Dazzling the stage..

GINGA….BISHOUJO!!!!

• January 31, 2011 at 12:21 amNhelraios

yes I know right, It should have been that way >.>

• January 30, 2011 at 12:11 pmOtaku_Brawler

Wow a new maiden song, this one is going to take sometime to get use to. It’s not as catchy as the other songs I feel.

• January 30, 2011 at 12:44 pmRockmanshii

The new maiden song still doesn’t top monochrome in my opinion. The beach section wasn’t long enough. I thought it would be the whole episode. Too bad. We did get to see the club president in a swimsuit, and topless sideboob. That was nice. What happened in this episode was pretty much what I also expected, Head taking power. But I wasn’t expecting the “merging with Cybody” reason he used. Also when Takashi fought Takuto for the first time they did say he had a mark so I was expecting him to do something too. And then he also joined Vanishing Age. They also said exactly what I was thinking the whole time takuto evolved at the same time they got to the third phase so it was pointless to challenge him again.
    So are Madoka and her fiend lesbians? There was only one bed in their room. And they were holding hands while looking at the sun. Those twin drills were nice. I didn’t like their bodysuits like kiraboshi uniforms though.

• January 31, 2011 at 12:31 amNhelraios

I thought I was the only one who was disappointed with their suits. I was kinda expecting some transformation scene and those things attached at their costumes o_O

• January 30, 2011 at 1:13 pmSolarguardian

I love how this show has gotten infinitely better; albeit still predictable. Even though Takuto once again pulled a trick out of nowhere, I still felt excitement from it. I haven’t this excited watching Star Driver in quite a while and I like it. And still nothing beats Monochrome but I do like the new maiden song.

Also… Does anyone know when the heck the OST is going to be released? The music this episode was just too much love to my ears for me to not ask as I’ve been wondering for weeks.

• January 30, 2011 at 1:32 pmyanipheonu

That is a really cute idea for a swimsuit. That is literally the best thing I’ve seen out of this show.

D: I really wish I was joking.

• January 31, 2011 at 4:45 amrau

I think shes wearing a parka with a bikini underneath.

• January 30, 2011 at 2:34 pmZack

Holy crap, Vanishing Age. Way to bring your couches and table into Zero Time with you. You forgot the Dart Board, but I think that’s the plan of yellow. After all these episodes he still sucks at darts.

I liked the new song, but I still prefer Monochrome. I did enjoy seeing Wako get fired up during the volleyball match though. She’s by far my favorite girl and seeing her go at it was just awesome.

• January 30, 2011 at 2:35 pmxcswmboy

Night Flight Buchou has a nice ass. I was amused by Kei Madoka and Atari Kou’s nipple plugs on their spandex suits. I wonder how Wako was going to get oiled by Takuto with that swimsuit.

Yea…I appreciated the fan-service when given.

• January 30, 2011 at 3:49 pmminarge

The easiest way to beat Tauburn, is to find him in real time and break his arms or something, rendering him useless in zerotime.

• January 30, 2011 at 5:15 pmSecsuey

Orly…

• January 30, 2011 at 5:53 pmMSP

• January 30, 2011 at 6:12 pmdo_ob

Question. I stopped watching this series around ep 4 or 5. Should i continue watching it?

• January 30, 2011 at 7:39 pmLurker

Definitely. I almost dropped this and the only reason why I stayed was because of the epic leg-crossing by the female villains. Thank god I stuck with this series. The pace and the story greatly improves as long as you don’t concentrate on the Cybody battles.

• January 30, 2011 at 9:13 pminfo600

agreed, the battles are just icing now…maybe not @ the end but you get the picture

• January 30, 2011 at 10:53 pmShirt

Entertainment is definitely there in the show. The supervilously dynamical poses, the incredibly gorgeous cybody battles (especially when they get blowuptulated), and the greatness of the artwork, music, and animation are plenty reason enough to simply stick with it. :D

• January 31, 2011 at 12:17 pmdo_ob

guess ill start again when its over. So i can go straight with it since i started so late

• January 31, 2011 at 8:59 pmShirt

I wish I could enjoy it like that for the first time. <3

• January 30, 2011 at 7:52 pmfraisen

Any chance that the person that Head visited in the hospital is the last maiden and not Keito (assuming that it’s a girl)?

• January 30, 2011 at 9:55 pmZone

I think that it is highly unlikely due to the fact that Keito is already sing the new maiden song and was strongly implied that she was the east maiden. Though it would be good plot if what you are saying is true.

• January 30, 2011 at 10:14 pmfraisen

Err… I dunno… Basing something just because someone sang a song is just too linear of a thought.

• January 30, 2011 at 7:54 pminfo600

somehow i have this bad feeling that a mark’s going to get transferred in within the next 2 episodes (got that from the fact that Takuto’s grandfather transferred his during the flashback last episode)

on the other hand, gotta love vice’s expression during the beach volleyball game…
    …oh, that’s quite a swimsuit issue there…

• January 30, 2011 at 8:31 pmKelfistan

I laughed as hard as I can possibly can while going “WHAT, WOOT, WHAAAAT!!!!????”

• January 30, 2011 at 9:34 pmRune

I’m suspecting the person in the coma fell into that coma because of the King’s Pillar, and may potentially be the final boss.

• January 30, 2011 at 9:57 pmZone

That would a good surprise if that was true..But isn’t he/she is too young for being previous samekh driver?

• January 30, 2011 at 10:00 pmRune

And some suspect Reiji to be Takuto’s father?

• January 30, 2011 at 10:12 pmZone

Don’t get me wrong..I am not saying it is impossible and actually I would prefer your theory more then sugata being the final boss..of course this is assuming the final boss was indeed samekh.

• January 30, 2011 at 10:11 pmWilfriback

• January 30, 2011 at 11:04 pmLurker

Yeah, thought of it, too. They both have an uncanny ability of catching a volleyball with their face.

• January 30, 2011 at 10:46 pmShirt

How could someone not be impressed with Takuto’s Tau Missile! I had that same smirk on my face when he even announced it. His radiance never fails to steal the show. The idea of the Zero-time getting stale crossed my mind early in the series but I’m glad it doesn’t seem to have an expiration date.

This weeks episode (or perhaps just my download) had a lot of commercials. I like ‘em but I was a little surprised.

Question:
    How does Head know all this stuff? If it was explained in a previous episode, I’ll gladly rewatch it.

• January 30, 2011 at 11:30 pmrummy

Maiden songs just doesn’t feel the same without cybercaskets activating bgm, especially Keito’s.

• January 31, 2011 at 1:06 amNhelraios

Great episode overall. I was pretty dumbfounded when I found out that the old guy is Kanako’s wife, thinking that he’s a new character. Thanks Divine for mentioning his name.

• January 31, 2011 at 3:47 amMomogoldfish

I keep getting Sailor Moon S vibes from this ep (not surprising since its by the same director).
    -Madoka and Atari are Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus (les vibes included) with hair colours flipped.
    -FABULOUS transformation sequence by Madoka
    -Mid-season villian change

And Takuto’s new attack seriously made me ROFL

• January 31, 2011 at 5:38 amRockmanshii

Woah I’m impressed you pretty much nailed it, they really are Sailor Neptune and Uranus.

• January 31, 2011 at 9:39 ampedobear

Thoughts and homage
    The first image looks like the one that died in the final episode from Gundam Seed Destiny, he’s the final boss.
    Sailor Neptune and Uranus indeed.
    The new attack “Tau Missile” that Takuto used was taken from the Power Rangers series, let’s say Sentai series. Also it’s similar to Young Son Goku’s attack against the Old Piccolo in Dragon Ball.

• January 31, 2011 at 9:47 ampedobear

What if all this hassle and efforts where planned from the very beginning by Head and Keito to make Kurogane Linebarrel rather Tauburn evolved more (level up) to the next level, as preparation for the final duel with Samekh to free everyone from the island for good.

• January 31, 2011 at 12:20 pmKazushiRei

Any comments/review on the official version of Tomatsu Haruka’s MONOCHROME?
    Been repeating both versions over and over and over and overrrrrrr!

• January 31, 2011 at 4:49 pmderp…

Domon Kasshu was never this holy fucking fabulous.

• January 31, 2011 at 4:57 pmDa5id

YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH.

• January 31, 2011 at 4:56 pmDa5id

Anyone else thinking the episode after next weeks will be the end of the Takashi Trilogy? It seems the third episode of every arc has something to do with him.

Also, could we please get some clips of the insert songs on here? Only Monochrome is out online and I can’t find Keito’s song frickin anywhere!