One Piece 704 – Nobody Likes a Pretty Boy »« One Piece 629 – Why Can’t We Be Friends?

One Piece 630 – Enemy Intel

One Piece Manga   630   01

A confrontation is about to happen pretty soon. You know how I know? Because Oda’s introducing the various powers of the enemy’s team. I have to say, these guys were more interesting than I initially took them for. I knew they didn’t have any devil fruit powers, but in replacement they have their unique respective fish powers. From initial impressions, some of them aren’t that interesting, like Dosun, who didn’t show anything special relative to his fishmates (heh, fishmates). It’s not necessarily that it makes the characters themselves more interesting, but more that it should make the fights with the Strawhats more entertaining. Drunken sword fighting against Zoro? Camoflauge fighting against.. well, that should make a fight with any of the Strawhats hilarious. Ikaros is definitely fighting Sanji. Diable Jambe that squid. Franky has his fresh fire attack too though, so who knows. The steroid pill seems to provide a kind of “evolution” or 2nd stage for the fishmen too, so that should provide some variety as well. Unless you know, the Strawhats completely obliterate them no problem, which is always a possibility.

As for Hordy, well. I guess this is his “last minute powerup” that will make him a more formidable foe. It’s intriguing that the pills are revealed to actually take away life, which just signals furthermore how “weak” they are, and that this whole debacle won’t potentially go anywhere big. Terribly hungering for the conflict already though.

And so ends the coverage of OP on RC. Thanks for reading everyone. I hope you continue to enjoy OP until the day it ends. Well, unless you die first. That would suck major ass to not get to see what One Piece actually is, so try to stay alive another 9 or so years. Good luck.

July 1, 2011 at 2:53 am
  • July 1, 2011 at 3:19 amSchmee

Thank you for the Post ._. we’ll miss you :( bye bye

• July 1, 2011 at 10:06 pmLemona

Thanks for covering.
      We really need someone to take over one piece coverage!!!

• July 1, 2011 at 3:46 amFlappy

Thanks for your last OP post! Hopefully it will continue to be covered. Manga is never the same without the thoughts of writers and the community.

• July 1, 2011 at 4:37 amlkaze

Thank you for all you did. See you again from time to time.

• July 1, 2011 at 5:09 amJack Spicer

I got back into One Piece in a big way right before the hiatus. It felt to me like Oda had finally committed himself to making the story a big more dramatic and meaningful. Now he’s flushing away all my goodwill with this arc. I don’t care about all of these minor fishmen characters, why are there so many damn characters?!?

• July 1, 2011 at 5:37 amSeishun Otoko

Oh no… Guardian Enzo’s not going to pick up One Piece coverage? RandomC will never be the same :(
    Thanks for blogging One Piece, Kiiragi. Your one liner that comes with the screen cap always make me chuckle.

• July 1, 2011 at 5:47 amAlec

didn’t take me 2 minutes to read all of this. I just didn’t bother with this chapter. They just had to make a chapter about the enemy’s minions, who are bound to be defeated by the straw hats & the princes

• July 2, 2011 at 2:35 amLectro Volpi

It took me a while as I was busy bleeding from each page with those good for nothing goons draining the chapter… ah, just put them on line against Zori and get this over with. The worst is that Oda may level them up so they can put a fight (please, no).

No OP coverage? it was good while it lasted, thanks for your reviews Mr. Kiiragi.

• July 1, 2011 at 7:53 amBass.EXE

(o.o)7 Thank you for your hard work on RC, Kiiragi. I wish you had a Time Leap machine so you could blog for us yet still have all the time in the world for whatever else you want to do

• July 1, 2011 at 8:45 amAmir

Thank you for all your hard work Kiiragi. I always looked forward to your posts.

• July 1, 2011 at 9:27 amLuxorcist

Thanks Kiiragi!! I hope you have a wonderful time after leaving RC and returning to your lucrative manga business!

• July 1, 2011 at 11:06 amMrRei

TY Kiiragi, I’ll miss seeing OP here. And it would definitely suck to die before it ends.. you can only imagine older readers trying to out live Oda >_<

• July 1, 2011 at 11:38 amKiiragi

After a little thought, I realized it’s more likely that Oda dies before the rest of us… which is really sad :/

• July 1, 2011 at 2:31 pmanime09

awww man if that do happens dont let it be like trinity blood where they messed up the story afterward

• July 1, 2011 at 6:36 pmNaYa

I’m worried about that for both OP and Berserk. I’ll be sad to see the end, but will be absolutely devastated to not see the end.

• July 2, 2011 at 3:04 amsaco3

Thanks allot Kiiragi your posts are awesome as always.

Are you going to stop by RC from time to time?

• July 2, 2011 at 11:22 pmMimi the X

what will Enzo pick?Fairy tail?

• July 3, 2011 at 8:45 pmreiseng

Thanks for everything, Master Kiiragi. Take care, and lead a fun anime filled life.

• November 17, 2011 at 1:49 pmrc fish

Hey There. I discovered your weblog using msn. That is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.