Yuruyuri – 05 »« Yuruyuri – 03

Yuruyuri   04   19 Yuruyuri   04   20 Yuruyuri   04   21
Yuruyuri   04   22 Yuruyuri   04   23 Yuruyuri   04   24
Yuruyuri   04   25 Yuruyuri   04   26 Yuruyuri   04   27
Yuruyuri   04   28 Yuruyuri   04   29 Yuruyuri   04   30
Yuruyuri   04   31 Yuruyuri   04   32 Yuruyuri   04   33
Yuruyuri   04   34 Yuruyuri   04   35 Yuruyuri   04   36

「夏の大収穫祭」 (Natsu no Daishuukakusai)
“The Big Summer Harvest Festival”

I know I was asking for more Chitose last time, but boy does she give me a lot of work with her lesbian delusions. Thanks to her, a third of the images in this post are of the full-length variety. It’s kind of scary how it’s almost second nature for me to put those images together now. I can’t seem to let an opportunity pass by when I see one.

Of those near dozen images, half of them are Ayano x Kyouko moments. Not a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination, given how dishonest Ayano is about her feelings towards Kyouko. Her tsundere personality also makes her a prime candidate for the “receiver” in the relationship, which Chitose makes no mistake about in all her wild delusions. Would I have it any other way? Probably not, at least not when Ayano makes a big deal about forgetting a change of underwear and ends up wearing a yukata the “traditional” style. Most of the time, the vice president brings it upon herself anyway, so there’s all the more reason for her to be on the bottom.

In contrast to Chitose’s imagination, I find it kind of funny how Kyouko is a completely different beast when it comes to Chinatsu. Her reaction to Yui “stealing” Chinatsu left me wondering what Ayano would do if she saw Kyouko kissing Chinatsu. In all likelihood she’d probably just be shocked and quietly slip away, but there’s always the possibility it’ll be enough for her to break free of her inhibitions and make a claim on Kyouko. That’s not to say I expect it to be anywhere near Kyouko’s level of wanting to dress up Chinatsu as Mirakurun and doing this and that to her though. Ayano clearly wants to spend more time with Kyouko, but there hasn’t been much indication that her interest in Kyouko is remotely close to what Chitose has in mind. I just want to see her being a little more honest with herself, as I do with all tsundere characters. She made some good strides towards the end, except it was with Chitose instead of a “confession” to Kyouko. (I guess it can still be considered progress…)

It’s no secret that Yuruyuri likes to play up the mismatched unrequited pairings, so I’d imagine there will be plenty of opportunities for something to happen. All I’m really hoping for is a reaction similar to Ayano and Kyouko’s envious stare at Yui’s well-endowed chest. I’d love it if it turned out to be more of a yuri tease though, simply because anything like Sakurako’s livid reactions over Himawari’s bust size quickly becomes sheer comic relief and we already have plenty of that from those two. What I’d like to see are more accidental moments that put Chitose over the anemic edge and send her to heaven a happy girl. That made for some good laughs and some light yuri, so hopefully there will be more of it just around the corner.

Four episodes in, I’m actually starting to feel a bit bad for Akari. The ongoing gag about her lack of presence has gotten a bit old, and it’s kind of a catch twenty-two for it to improve when she doesn’t have it in her to be the catalyst in a scene. Hopefully they’ll throw her a bone soon too. Hang in there Akarin.

* Is it just me, or do the characters look pretty cool in casual clothes?
* For easy reference, the full-length images are numbers 12, 15, 17, 18, 19, 25, 26, 30, 31, and 34. I even made an extra one that’s not part of the set.

Yuruyuri   04   Preview 01 Yuruyuri   04   Preview 02 Yuruyuri   04   Preview 03
July 26, 2011 at 12:00 am
  • July 26, 2011 at 12:08 amJustin

I agree. They look cool in those casual clothes. Especially that tie on Kyouko.

• July 29, 2011 at 2:49 amboiya

Yes they do look good in those casual clothes.

Can’t wait to see what Chitose cooks up to get the juices flowing.

• July 26, 2011 at 12:12 amSkattack

Holy mother of god, I already thought their one-piece uniform skirts were cute to no end but DAT CASUAL

• July 26, 2011 at 12:19 amcutemi2

too many yuri scenes for this episode, and Chitose always got nosebleed, and her assistant handed over the tissue

• July 26, 2011 at 12:21 amChi

Did you notice the invisible character in the episode? :) The one who was always just off-camera, handing Chitose some tissues, or playing with fireworks near Sakurako and Himawari. I’m pretty sure that’s the Student Council president, who’s face was convinently obscured in the picture we saw in episode 1. :)

I feel like she is what Akarin will end up becoming in the future. :) An invisible presence.

• July 26, 2011 at 12:49 amDivine

There was definitely a ninth girl there, which they made fairly obvious when everyone picked up a watermelon slice. You can see a bit of her on the far left of this scene. I actually thought it was Akari handing Chitose the tissue box like in episode two, but I think you’re onto something.

• July 26, 2011 at 3:43 amx

I’m probably wrong, but I originally assumed she was the one behind the camera when Akari starts an episode.

• July 26, 2011 at 8:56 amBenigmatica

So, that character is the Student Council President? That’s mindblown!

I guess she ended up as an extra before Akarin, perhaps? Still, Akarin is so sad right now for not giving her a prominent role.

• July 26, 2011 at 12:44 amAlec

First anime I’ve seen that has an irrelevant main character despite the anime having 4 episodes already. I’m a bit disappointed -_-

• July 26, 2011 at 12:49 amewok40k

Akarin remebers me of the episode of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” with the invisible girl – a girl whose extremely low presence made her really invisible… she ended up in secret services training (open the book on page 66, infiltration and assasination…)
    other than that, turn the Yuri amp to eleven!

• July 26, 2011 at 1:35 amLuxorcist

The need to take full length shots… that sounds like someone else here. Thanks for taking the time to add them!

• July 26, 2011 at 2:17 amNhelraios

Oh lol! Whenever Chitose’s around = more work for you then. She’s having her fantasies for like every 5 minutes. XD Lol at the random hand providing tissues for Chitose, is that the cameraman? The whole Akarin lacking presence still gets me, but yeah its gonna get old sometime soon so I expect an episode of her dealing with it not before long.

• July 26, 2011 at 3:08 amgawrshness

I wonder if they will ever introduce Akari’s sister, the apparently only person who not only clearly notices her from the evidence but is absolutely obsessed with her…or so it seems. It will be a sight to be hold if they actually do, hey maybe I don’t know about the manga if it has any but Divine the introduction of Akari’s sister just might be the bone you’re expecting.

• July 26, 2011 at 3:12 amn0216332

i was really hoping kyoko would beat ayano in the test :( ……well, this works too :(

• July 26, 2011 at 4:06 amamado

im still on favor of yuiXkyouko. the others are still cute though not quite as sweet imo.

im also wondering who that 9th girl is.

• July 26, 2011 at 4:31 amMedoi

i assume the 9th girl could be the school president…If i recall correctly she had long dark hair and a himecut(?)

• July 26, 2011 at 5:01 amYs10

Yeah that was her. http://randomc.net/image/Yuruyuri/Yuruyuri%20-%2002%20-%20Large%2015.jpg

You can also see her when Akarin trips when they’re all running to the ocean, she’s off to the right.

• July 26, 2011 at 5:21 amx

I guess she has even less presence than Akari.

• July 26, 2011 at 9:45 amMedoi

oh, good eye! i’m probably too focused on the subs to notice that.

for anyone who’s interested, here is how the president actually looks like : http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lowmdaIVZ61qzvtljo1_500.png

does anyone know her name yet?

• July 26, 2011 at 10:42 amDivine

Matsumoto Rise. She’s played by Gotou Saori.

• July 28, 2011 at 10:32 amKelfistan

I so want to meet her character now. Straight up front!!!

• July 26, 2011 at 5:11 amAndré

I know this show is called Yuriyuri, but I would like to see more clean comedy and less yuri on it. LOL.

• July 26, 2011 at 9:15 amAed

• July 29, 2011 at 2:43 amboiya

sports bra :D

• July 26, 2011 at 9:18 amTerapashiru

• July 26, 2011 at 9:23 amSergio

Just thought that I should thank you for all the full-length shots. I don’t use to leave replies at all, but I’ve been following RC for a while now and I make sure to grab any full-length you post for the series I follow, so yeah… thanks a bunch!

• July 26, 2011 at 4:34 pmMrMartini

It’s official: Chitose is now on my list of anime girls I wouldn’t mind being a chair for.

• July 26, 2011 at 4:47 pmNhelraios

• July 26, 2011 at 8:03 pmPeepQ

You just blew my mind. Just came back from seeing that lolololol

• July 26, 2011 at 5:43 pmRaytam

AKarin will be stand out more, If Her Older sister have some scene in the series i guess…

• July 26, 2011 at 10:06 pmsuperu

The President also went to the beach, best part is that she vanishes

• July 26, 2011 at 11:17 pmx

Not to mention the sudden gap that appears between Akari and Sakurako, she seems to have moved closer to Chitose without her noticing. I suppose it is possible that the president gobbled up her watermelon and is behind the camera stalker style.

• July 27, 2011 at 2:13 pmx

Just noticed right after this scene: http://randomc.net/image/Yuruyuri/Yuruyuri%20-%2004%20-%20Large%2033.jpg

She silently snatched both their fireworks out of their hands while they were attacking each other.

• July 29, 2011 at 2:46 amboiya

children shouldn’t point lite fireworks at each other so of course she was doing her student counsel president duties by keeping everyone safe

• July 27, 2011 at 8:54 amwhatever

The ninth girl definitely doesn’t stand out! You Akari must be grateful that you at least appears throughout the episode!!!!:D

• July 27, 2011 at 2:16 pmx

I think Akari got more screen time this episode despite having to compete with so many other characters.

• July 27, 2011 at 11:23 amMitsuba

i just love loli yuri

• July 28, 2011 at 1:14 ammarolala

I love Kyouko and Yui the most although the rest of the characters are just as lovable too, hehe. ^___^

• July 29, 2011 at 2:52 amboiya

My vote goes to YuixKyouko. Their lil moments are just too sweet. Can’t wait to see if sum doujinshi come out for the series. Summer Comiket is too soon so I think they will have sum during the Winter Comiket hopefully.

• July 28, 2011 at 10:34 amKelfistan

I don’t about you guys, but this ninth character (school council president) may not get screen time, however she does get a lot of discussion in this post.

• July 31, 2011 at 7:48 pmsuperu

according to wikipedia japan page for Yuru Yuri, there is a voice actress playing the school council President. SO i think she will appear again and at least have a few lines before the end of the season

• August 2, 2011 at 11:15 pmMitsuba

kyouko kyouko kyouko kyouko kyouko kyouko!!!!