Mawaru Penguindrum – 15 »« Mawaru Penguindrum – 13

Mawaru Penguindrum – 14

Mawaru Penguindrum   14   01 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   02 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   03
Mawaru Penguindrum   14   04 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   05 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   06
Mawaru Penguindrum   14   07 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   08 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   09
Mawaru Penguindrum   14   10 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   11 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   12
Mawaru Penguindrum   14   13 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   14 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   15
Mawaru Penguindrum   14   16 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   17 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   18
Mawaru Penguindrum   14   19 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   20 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   21
Mawaru Penguindrum   14   22 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   23 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   24
Mawaru Penguindrum   14   25 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   26 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   27
Mawaru Penguindrum   14   28 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   29 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   30
Mawaru Penguindrum   14   31 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   32 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   33
Mawaru Penguindrum   14   34 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   35 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   36

「嘘つき姫」 (Usotsuki Hime)
“False Princess”

Isn’t it about time they rename this series “Momoka Penguindrum”? It seems like just about everyone is hung up about Ringo’s deceased sister and every subsequent person has it progressively worse than the last. Lesbians? I really didn’t think this was that kind of show. That sneaky Ikuhara, what exactly is he trying to pull here with one girl drugging another so that she can have her way with her, rope and all? All I see is some kinky and arguably alluring fan-service, which comes as a bit of a surprise because I thought they blew the entire episode budget on animating Yuri’s shiny sports car. However, it turns out they left just enough to show what a cougar will resort to when she can’t control her urges any longer.

There was a fair bit going on in this episode, starting with the revelation that Tsubasa’s actually a woman and sleeping with Yuri as a poor substitute for Momoka. The sight of that had me wondering if Tsubasa was the mysterious motorcyclist with the other half of the diary, but as the episode went on, it became more and more apparent that it was the number one suspect, Yuri. Now I’ll have to admit that I was a bit confused by some of the comments in previous episodes, where people believed Masako was on the motorcycle and Yuri called Ringo at the hospital to get the remaining half, because I was thinking of the reverse the entire time. There was some mention about how Masako couldn’t have been retrieving the diary from Ringo while she was lying in wait for Kanba in the basement, but it was pretty clear that Masako didn’t know where the other half is, so my lingering suspicion has always been that Yuri was on the motorcycle. Well, we got confirmation of it here, and amazingly enough, it still paled into comparison with all the other developments that came with it.

There’s no shortage to twists and turns in Mawaru Penguindrum it seems, because as soon as one thing is cleared up, I’m left with a pile of other things to try and make sense of. Mention of Yuri’s first love before confiding in Momoka made it sound like she might’ve had a fated encounter with Sanetoshi years ago, even though my prevailing suspicion is that our librarian’s first love was Momoka. (Everything seems to stem from her after all.) Then there’s the cruel game of sorts that Sanetoshi is playing with Himari’s life, making Kanba take on more questionable jobs from guys in black trench coats. In the latter case, the only thing that doesn’t come as too much of a surprise is Kanba’s sister complex, which didn’t faze him even after Masako got straight to the point about what a lot of viewers (myself included) have been thinking. At this point, it’s probably safe to assume that everyone’s vying for the diary because Sanetoshi promised them something in return for retrieving it, but the question still remains on whether Masako’s advances toward Kanba have any direct connection to saving Mario. It seems like a character-focused subplot to make things more interesting — much like Himari’s worries about what Hikari and Hibari think of her and Ringo’s feelings for Shouma — but I haven’t ruled out the possibility that everything’s connected by “fate”.

The only thing that I found somewhat strange is how Shouma distanced himself from Ringo because he feels responsible for Momoka’s death. If that were the case and he sincerely feels that he can never apologize enough, one would think he’d continue to be her friend if that’s what she truly wants. Clearly, Ringo doesn’t blame him for what his parents did, and Shouma’s making it harder on her by not wanting to see her anymore, so I wonder if I should just chalk this up to how dense Shouma is about a girl’s feelings (like Kanba always says). Either that, or some misguided frustration over the chain of misfortune that’s befallen on his family. If it’s neither of those, I can only really see this as something for his own sake, as Ringo is a painful reminder of the guilt he feels. I gather that’s the case, judging from how Ringo said she hasn’t considered Shouma’s feelings, which is kind of messed up. If anyone should be feeling apologetic, it should be Shouma. Anyway, I definitely want to see what becomes of their relationship, especially now that Yuri’s made a stake on Ringo.

* Full-length images: 02, 17, 29, 32, 35.
* I don’t know why I forgot to mention it originally, but yes, I do think that Yuri is either a hermaphrodite or a transsexual.

ED4 Sequence

Mawaru Penguindrum   ED4   01 Mawaru Penguindrum   ED4   02 Mawaru Penguindrum   ED4   03

ED4: 「Bad News 黒い予感」 (Bad News Kuroi Yokan) by トリプルH (Triple H)
Watch the 4th ED!: Streaming ▼

Preview & End Card

Mawaru Penguindrum   14   Preview 01 Mawaru Penguindrum   14   End Card 01
October 14, 2011 at 10:10 pm
  • October 14, 2011 at 10:15 pmBeatsAngle

Funny because her name is Yuri

• October 15, 2011 at 12:39 amTSouL

cant believe that never crossed my mind until you said it…
      =[

• October 15, 2011 at 8:59 ambg

red ROPE of fate, har har har.
        funny, considering all the ‘strings’ lead to Momoka being twisted together, so it mind as well be one.

• October 14, 2011 at 10:17 pmClick

Wow, you go Yuri. Seriously, that was some nice stuff at the end. As usual, Penguindrum remains a steady stream of intelligent fun and quality entertainment week after week. And while it may be very premature to say this, I’m still willing to say this may be the anime of year, or even the decade.

• October 15, 2011 at 10:55 amdxb_blackwolf

It’s not that good.

• October 15, 2011 at 6:55 pmPride

A decade’s pushing it, especially with anime like Guilty Crown and Fate/Zero having strong starts

• October 15, 2011 at 7:22 pmClick

Eh, you’re probably right :P. So far Fate/Zero has been practically unstoppable, and Guilty Crown is one of very, very few 2-cour noitaminA series. But whether or not Penguindrum gets overtaken, I have no doubt that Ikuhara can make a fantastic series out of this.

• October 14, 2011 at 10:25 pmtsao

What if just What if the the personality of the hat himari wears is momoka? may be a bit too far fetched

• October 14, 2011 at 10:30 pmcutemi2

this episode turn into Show Spoiler ▼

, that Yuri tried to make Show Spoiler ▼

with Ringo

• October 14, 2011 at 10:38 pmpassing

And you wonder why Momoka rejected that pink hair guy? That hospital scene with the scarfs (with all that posing) tell me this: he’s too gay and/or feminine for her taste.

• November 4, 2011 at 3:55 am.X.

Lol. Sanetoshi is so extremely masculine that he can afford to be feminine and showy every once in a while. He’s in control of all the characters’ fates, after all.

• November 6, 2011 at 4:15 pmMinnako

LOL I assumed it was because she was like, 10 (or younger) and he’s clearly older. She may have been in love with Tabuki at the time (does the diary imply this?), or Yuri, or just not mature enough to feel in love with anybody? Or maybe she just didn’t fancy him? A strange guy going up to you in a massive deserted library would probably send off paedo vibes and scare the hell out of most people, not act as an aphrodisiac hehe Interestingly, I feel his interests in Momoka are no more love than Ringo’s for Tabuki: he was so surprised to find someone who could experience the world remotely like himself that he attached onto that person regardless of whether he got on with them

Besides, I guess they’d have totally different philosophical approaches to fate. Or maybe they just weren’t ‘fated’? Curious, though…

• October 14, 2011 at 10:45 pmSnowolf

Well, it is Ikuhara. If you’ve seen Utena, then you’ll know that he’s quite a fan of cars and lesbians. There’s been a lot of Utena stuff in this show as of late, to be honest. I’m not a huge fan of this drugging and tying up and non consensual rape though. It’s really bugging me and it’s pretty gross in its own way. Shouma’s actions in this episode really irritated me, and I kind of wanted to punch him in the face; just because you have your own deep insecurities doesn’t mean you get to shove them onto others, and he was being a jerk. Hopefully he’ll get over his ignorance and ridiculousness and come to see the light of his ways.

There is speculation of Yuri being a hermaphrodite based on her comments of the ‘secrets’ of her body. Knowing how far this show has gone with certain aspects, I wouldn’t be surprised in the least. I’m not sure what Natsume is up to in regards to Kanba, and what Kanba is doing with these shady men, but it sure is going to bite him back when he’s done. As she said pretty accurately, he’s teetering on a cliff, and I’m curious as to what will be the final push- another sacrifice of his life, or of monetary gain? I’m also intrigued by the whole Triple-M subplot. But most of all, I hope Mawaru Penguindrum can wrap up all of these storylines in 10 episodes; they keep adding more strings, which is no problem, and then tying them with other strings, but that can lead to a lot of loose ends if not handled properly. Then again, this is Ikuhara, so I don’t really have that many doubts…at least, not yet.

• October 15, 2011 at 12:16 amDivine

Hmm, I don’t know why I forgot to mention it in my post, but the first thing that came to mind is that Yuri’s a transsexual when Tsubasa said what she did. Mention that her marriage with Keiju seems to suggest as much too. However, her little monologue at the end about how Momoka knew the truth and still thought she was beautiful seems to imply that she’s a hermaphrodite.

• October 15, 2011 at 8:59 amSnowolf

Also, the idea that she will give Ringo ‘a body that cannot live without her’ leads me to think that she might impregnate Ringo? I don’t know. This is all so very messed up.

• October 15, 2011 at 1:33 pmDivine

Yeah, I wasn’t too sure what to make of that. I agree it’s all pretty messed up though.

• October 15, 2011 at 2:54 amDr. Sanetantei

“non-consensual rape”

As opposed to what? Consensual rape???

• October 15, 2011 at 7:24 amfirefly

you forgot statuatory rape.

• October 15, 2011 at 8:57 amSnowolf

eh, i meant sex. sorry about that. (2 am internet surfing can do this to you.)

• October 15, 2011 at 9:48 amAllnighter

Oh Yuri you cheating wife.

Just having an affair with Tsubasa is not enough. Now you got to have Ringo as the main dish too.
      Lol, stalker/attempted-rapist Ringo is about to get raped by Yuri (lesbian/possible transexual). For some strange reason, I hope it doesn’t happen..

Anyhow, this series sure is one big massive drama combo ride. Combo Fabulous MAX!!

Food for thought: If Yuri is a hermaphrodite, did Keiju knew before marrying her?

• October 15, 2011 at 6:59 pmPride

I agree about hoping it doesn’t happen.. I liked how she finally stopped obsessing and started to really care for Shouma. I like the ShoumaxRingo pair, so the whole rape thing doesn’t work out for me

• October 14, 2011 at 10:50 pmFencedude

I’m pretty sure that Yuri’s first love was Momoka.

Also, why are you surprised that Tsubasa’s a woman? The theater company Yuri is part of is a very thinly veiled expy of the all female Takarazuka troupe.

• October 15, 2011 at 12:27 amDivine

Yuri told Ringo that most first loves don’t work out and that she had someone like that. She also said Momoka is first person that new about her secret and still thought she was beautiful, which to me suggests that it happened after her first failed love.

• October 15, 2011 at 2:20 amFencedude

She also said that the object of her first love “vanished”.

• October 15, 2011 at 8:07 amHomura

Yuri’s “secret” could have been her feelings for Momoka, not a prior first love. Like Jury’s secret in Utena.

• October 15, 2011 at 8:10 amKrahftwohrk

>>Homura
        the secret has something to do with her body, not with her feelings

• October 14, 2011 at 10:51 pmDrew

Hopefully 10 episodes are enough for Tabuki’s crazy reveal (can there be any doubt that he also has a crazy secret), and perhaps a little more concerning Masako, before we push the plot to a climax and resolution.

• October 14, 2011 at 10:52 pmMrMartini

Not so much fun on the other side of the drug-and-rape-fence, is it, Ringo?

• October 15, 2011 at 12:32 amMrMartini

On a side note, the new ED is really catchy. You just can’t help but whistle along.

• October 15, 2011 at 3:05 amKrahftwohrk

Um. When Ringo gave Tabuki the love potion, she wanted him to come after her. There’s a big difference between her fantasy and Yuri’s rape.

• October 15, 2011 at 7:36 amJason

Except that drugging someone with a love potion to get them to have sex with you is still rape.

• October 14, 2011 at 10:53 pmAlec

This anime is fabulous-max.

I just love how fabulously-maxly detailed the supporting cast are.

• October 14, 2011 at 11:04 pmAlec

OFF TOPIC: Divine, do you only post things after the subs are released?

I just watched Last Exile raw a while ago — It was awesome btw — and I’m waitin’ for it to show up here xD

• October 14, 2011 at 11:40 pmDivine

I don’t wait for subs no, but the other writers have to. (Enzo will be the one covering Last Exile.)

It just so happens that my posts have been coming out after subs because I don’t get home from work until 7pm. As I mentioned in the Guilty Crown post, the notoriety of beating out subs has worn thin as well, given that 1.) fan subs are generally fast and 2.) a lot of shows are simulcast.

• October 14, 2011 at 11:10 pmxcswmboy

I wonder if Yuri is a hermaphrodite. Tsubasa seems to think she can blackmail her with something about her body.

Otherwise, Masako was hot this episode.

• October 15, 2011 at 8:09 amHomura

Yeah, I thought that too. Unless her body’s secret is that she sleeps with women.

• October 17, 2011 at 9:30 amGP007

Just being a lesbian is enough to hurt an actor like Yuri, how many Lesbian actresses in hollywood do you know about off the top of your head? She doesn’t have to be a tranny or anything like that, simply being a lesbian is enough to scar a famous women,

Also the part about teaching Ringo so she can’t be without her is the typical NTR/Rape bit we get in Hentai time and time again. She figures through simple extreme pleasure that Ringo won’t be able to live without more of that “good feeling”.

Using the rope might just show that she’s into some hard S&M and it’s her “dirty/dark” side and not that she’s got a penis between her legs which, IMO, there’s no reason to think that at this point.

• October 14, 2011 at 11:57 pmalabaster

So Kanba makes money by selling lolicon pictures to pedo dudes in black trench coats? He must be using his invisible penguin to grab em candid pics.xD

• October 15, 2011 at 12:05 amAlec

Or sell his body on the black market, where each people have their own weird taste/fetishes xD How he gets his money is a mystery xD

• October 15, 2011 at 8:09 amHomura

Compensated dating!

• October 15, 2011 at 12:00 amSeishun Otoko

Can’t agree more with you. Shouldn’t Shouma try to make up for Ringo’s losses if he’s suffering from guilt? His reasoning for being such a dickhead doesn’t quite add up and he was portrayed to be quite a considerate kid.
    I didn’t find the penguin skits as funny this week and maybe it’s healthier for No.1 to develop some sexual interest in his own species too ;P

• October 15, 2011 at 12:04 amP3t3r P4n

Well that ended badly. One more show dropped…
    Ikuhara huh.
    I have to agree with ‘I thought they blew the entire episode budget on animating Yuri’s shiny sports car.’I thought it was cool but unecessary as was the lesbian and date-rape scenes:(
    Divine spelling ‘The’ 2nd par.

• October 15, 2011 at 12:06 amAlec

The director has a HUGE thing for sports cars xD

• October 15, 2011 at 6:26 amkiririn

What you saying? The lesbian and date-rape scenes were fabulous max!
      Really, what were you expecting after the first 13 episodes?

• October 15, 2011 at 12:10 amKyuusei

Sorry, but I’ve only got one thing to say…

She’s got a Jaaaaaag.

• October 15, 2011 at 12:25 amishruns

So it was a Jaaaaag. I thought it mighy have been an Aston Martin DBS until I saw the front grill. Probably an XF-R since it looks just like a DB9.

Tsubasa: No don’t leave

Yuri: Sorry but I’m leaving, in my Jaaaaaag.

Tsubasa: OK

• October 15, 2011 at 2:30 amFencedude

Oh goddammit, I hadn’t even made that connection, but its so true.

• October 15, 2011 at 2:05 amIzaak

Clearly, Momoka doesn’t blame him for what his parents did, and Shouma’s making it harder on her by not wanting to see her anymore,

I hope I got those right. Typos Divine.

• October 15, 2011 at 2:18 amDivine

I’m just testing you guys. >_>

• October 15, 2011 at 2:13 amKrahftwohrk

You know, I just noticed that the two brothers touch hands in the OP like Utena and Anthy do in the RGU OP. Maybe there’s a yaoi plotline to come. :)

• October 15, 2011 at 8:11 amHomura

Twincest? Really?

• October 15, 2011 at 2:36 amAnanas

Yuri’s name serves a purpose! Fabulous MAX!

Lot of nice body this time. How eletrifying!

• October 15, 2011 at 2:37 amCroos

WTF. bow

• October 15, 2011 at 2:53 amDr. Sanetantei

Since Yuri’s name is Yuri, I’m pretty sure she’s gay. Just gay.

• October 15, 2011 at 11:34 amKratos

Indeed

• October 15, 2011 at 2:55 amCroos

I don’t understand this anime anymore >.< .

• October 15, 2011 at 6:34 amMomogoldfish

I am more surprised that your comment implies that you DID understand it before…

• October 15, 2011 at 3:13 amDrew

I think she’s just gay. Her actress lover in the beginning said, “You can only share this feeling with another woman”, so…yea. Though her comments on beauty also raise the possibility of some kind of disfiguring mark/scar. We still don’t know how Tabuki got those massive scars of his during his early childhood after all…

But, this is Penguindrum. Yuri could end up being a space alien and I wouldn’t be surprised. It seriously gets crazier every episode.

• October 15, 2011 at 3:16 amDrew

Oh, and Yuri says rhetorically, “Do you really think you can satisfy a woman with those moves?” I’m just not feeling the hermaphrodite angle.

• October 15, 2011 at 3:19 amDrew

I guess I could see transgender though.

And, yes, I know how lame it is to reply to myself. Wish we could edit posts. :p

• October 15, 2011 at 10:01 pmAnonymous

They were like how old when Momoka died? Ten years old or something? No transsexual is that young. Transgender maybe, but Yuri self-identifies unambiguously as a woman, so…I’m just assuming its some form of disfigurement, possibly linked to Tabuki’s hand scar.

• October 15, 2011 at 3:24 amEliteF22

Someone needs to slap the sister complex out of Kanba already.

• October 15, 2011 at 5:02 ambriex

Oh wow. Ringo is really cute this ep. She’s just so HHHNNGGGGG

• October 15, 2011 at 5:25 amAllele

I
    m confused, who did touch Yuri, so “I can never be touch again” ? She love Momoka, but Momoka touch her?

• October 15, 2011 at 7:48 amRandom

My money is on:

(1) Momoka being the spirit of the Penguin hat. Notice how the only people who have witnessed the Survival Strategy sequence are the only main characters who would be unable to recognize Momoka’s personality because they’ve never met her?

(2) Momoka being Sanetoshi’s mysterious “first love.” After all, she is everyone else’s, so it’s easy to assume she really was “special” and more akin to Sanetoshi than anyone else. And remember that the scene he talked about her in featured a short-haired young girl… probably of the same age Momoka was when she died.

(3) The black suited men (who loan money to Kanba) being part of the terrorist group his mother and father supposedly led. They only meet on trains… The terrorist attacks took place on trains… Yeah, you see the connection.

(4) Yuri just being a lesbian, as her name implies. She was probably just an ugly duckling in elementary school, and still considers that to be her “true form,” beautiful only to Momoka.

And yeah, I agree with the other comments that say Momoka was Yuri’s first love. Yuri’s first love disappeared/didn’t work out. Momoka died… great way to disappear/make relationships impossible.

• November 6, 2011 at 4:18 pmMinnako

I’m thinking the series should be called “There’s something about Momoka” – whomever she touches seems so affected, I can’t help but wonder if that isn’t an actual power of hers- and whether she might even think it a bit of a curse.

The hat might be Momoka today, but I have a hard time thinking the Hat Entity that comes up with rather X-rated stuff is the same personality as the sweet, innocent-as-Tohru-Honda Momoka of flashbacks…

• October 15, 2011 at 7:51 amummm

so… yuri carries around rape pills. is that normal for her? she had them on her before she took ringo to the inn.

• October 15, 2011 at 8:13 amwfo

You don’t have some roofies in your purse – just in case?

• October 15, 2011 at 8:49 amHisoka

I got a bad vibe from the preview at the end. “Is she really gone?” and something about a caterpillar becoming a butterfly. I said it last week but I’ll say it again: those ampules (which might be made from Momoka’s blood) could be changing Himari into someone new — Momoka? Hope it isn’t so, would hate to lose our Himari!

• October 15, 2011 at 8:51 amDer Fur Shur

I was wondering when Lesbianism would show up, since this is Ikuhara we’re talking about, and I also thought it was interesting that’s Yuri’s name is well you get the point, I liked this episode except for Shouma’s increased self-hatred at taking it out by rejecting Ringo, mostly because I wanted them to end up together

• October 15, 2011 at 9:10 amDen 0

Is it just me or they are showing more penguin logos? On the hospital, vendor machines, etc.

• October 15, 2011 at 11:46 amgod

there are alot more in this ep. and they are all “ping” logos (penguin with full white face)

dunno if it means anything but im juz guessing: humans

• October 15, 2011 at 9:52 am青春18きっぷ

After this, I’m really curious to know what Ikuhara’s sexual history is.

• October 15, 2011 at 2:12 pmtomato-san

I think we’re all somewhat curious.

• October 15, 2011 at 10:25 amPhafs

Alluring kinky fan-service?

She’s going to get RAPED. And not rape, ‘ha ha, hey I like this’ rape, but like rape RAPE.

In fact even if it is ‘Ha ha, hey I like this’, the point is, this series won’t be funny anymore. Throw as many penguins at me as you want, if it happens, well…don’t you think this show will be less entertaining and more like “Oh god get it over with, please I don’t want to watch anymore.”

• October 15, 2011 at 10:30 amSanaki

“‘ha ha, hey I like this’ rape”

…what. :|

• October 15, 2011 at 10:56 amtomato-san

I really think this came up way, way, way too fast. There was no warning in ANY of the previous episodes. Yuri just turned out to be a crazy rapist… and somehow I doubt the show will cover Ringo’s recovery.

• October 15, 2011 at 12:24 pmjabberwocky

How can I take this full-length images from video?

• October 15, 2011 at 12:25 pmPokey

I wonder if the tsunami had an influence on Ikuhara…. I almost feel like the anime might have had a slower pacing without it.

• October 15, 2011 at 1:02 pmPokey

• October 15, 2011 at 1:27 pmAshen

I don’t believe Yuri is an intersex, but rather a bisexual with some severe emotional and mental scars. Tabuki seems to have the more physical variety, but I’m definitely not counting out the possibility he has some issues too, considering Yuri, he and Momoka were all schoolmates.

I was rather surprised Kamba didn’t react more strongly when Masako flat-out threw his siscom in his face, but then that’s what makes it so interesting. It’s like he’s accepted how twisted his love for Himari is and doesn’t care.

My impression of Shouma was that he acted that way towards Ringo because, while he blames himself and Kamba for her sis’s death, he’s also hurting from the unfairness that’s befallen his family, so he’s dealing w/ things childishly (i.e. removing the object of his guilt – Ringo – from his life so it’s easier to numb himself out).

My final theory is concerning Mr. Pinkette, Sanetoshi. In the end, even he will be shown to have a sympathetic/pitiful backstory involving his unrequited love for the “other one like him.”

Can. Not. WAIT to see how this all ends. I want this series to get licensed, hopefully eve dubbed, ASAP!!

• October 15, 2011 at 1:28 pmAshen

Gah! Almost forgot: I never thought Tsubasa was actually a man. I thought Yuri’s stage group was an all-women’s theater production sort of thing.

• October 15, 2011 at 3:25 pmkagamihime

Wow, Yuri has just reached a new level of fabulous max…
    Also, I don’t know if anyone has noticed this and I’m just slow, but the lyrics from the op the way I see it seem to be spoken from Momoka’s point of view during the terrorist attack and perhaps it maybe an indication that Momoka’s presence is indeed still around whether it’s in the hat or not. Just a thought.

• October 15, 2011 at 3:28 pmTheVoid

I’m not mad at Shouma and he shouldn’t have to apologize. He saved her life from drowning, saved her life when she nearly got run over, stopped her from attempting to rape innocent man, and had to suffer with having a frog on his back.

Ringo should be the one apologizing for making him endure her shit. Especially after beating him the episode after he got out of the episode when she attempted to rape the same innocent man once again.

Shoma gets all the sympathy from me and Ringo gets none. Especially when people defend Ringo.

• October 15, 2011 at 6:48 pmRuuu

THIS! Honestly, people keep forgetting what Ringo put him through, and all the humiliation (the frog incident), plus all of Ringo’s unethical actions Shouma had to stop.

I’m not saying Shouma is a perfect gentleman, but siding with Ringo and dissing Shouma while demanding an apology is a bit too much.

Ringo has no smpathy from me either.

• October 15, 2011 at 9:10 pmhaitechan

I can undestand Shoma’s reaction but guess he needed a little more tact. Besides Ringo was acting way too happy, of course he was going to be mad. But still, I feel a little sorry for her about the whole Yuri deal but I guess it’s karma striking back at her for trying to rape Tabuki. Yuri, well I kinda suspected either her or Tabuki were the mysterious rider but I wasn’t expecting two things. 1) Tsubasa being female and 2) Yuri being lesbian/intersex (not even sure which of those is correct).

About Momoka, I’m suspecting she’s Sanetoshi’s first love and the original owner of the penguin hat. Since Ringo remembered going to the aquarium, probably their parents took Momoka there before and she met Sanetoshi there. And then some weird thing happened and she ended up as the penguin hat but without memories or something. Nah, I really don’t know what to think anymore. I’ll be waiting for the next episode

• October 15, 2011 at 9:19 pmjuanito205

Muuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyy confundido… :S

• October 16, 2011 at 8:19 amAvalanche

Fridge Horror: Realizing that it is implied that elementary school Momoka and Yuri where in a relationship that made Yuri lust after Momoka so much that now as an adult she is raping her sister that is a ‘carbon copy’ of her.

• October 16, 2011 at 10:18 amPokpok

I think about what satenoshi said about a girl who is just like him (probably Momoka )half of story with many mystery left. Want to know more about subway incident! the mystery make this anime he best and the red rope of fate remind me of Madoka megica ( hope this wont go tragedy in the end )

• October 16, 2011 at 1:35 pmjingoi

I’m hoping that Yuri is just a regular woman.

• October 16, 2011 at 3:08 pmMM

I kind of figured who took the diary but i was not expecting the whole ending scene. that was a twist. To the point, I do have a feeling that Yuri could be a hermaphrodite based on how she was talking about her body. but im not quite sure. either way this show is def getting better and better each episode but also more confusing and some wtf moments. Not that i blame the directors or anything but i do adore the creatots of Utena. So this will be a series that i will stop watching until the series ends.

Side note: i hope this series doesn’t get too serious or to depressing.

• October 16, 2011 at 5:02 pm(ΘεΘ;)

yuri = yuri..

• October 16, 2011 at 5:32 pmPera

this is just messed up! I really hated this episode, I can’t believe how mean Shouma can be with Ringo. If she was mad at him and his family she would have said that to him. And I always liked Ringo. Because of her sceaming of how to make Tabuki love her, I always finded that hilarious and a little disturbing at the same time. But this is going over the line! I really hope someone comes and stop’s Yuri before she can rape Ringo

• October 16, 2011 at 7:08 pm3242

..I am the only one that thinks the person Sanetoshi found similar to him is Yuri, and Yuri rejected him for Momoka? Probably not. Eh. That idea just niggles in my brain so I may as well throw it out there for being torn to tiny little pieces.

• October 16, 2011 at 7:50 pmDivine

No, because I threw out that idea right in my post. :)

• October 17, 2011 at 4:35 amTreedreck

From the flashbacks, I thought it was clear the little girl is Himari. That’s why Santeoshi put the moves on her in two episodes.

• October 17, 2011 at 4:16 pmHisoka

From her clothes, it’s clear that the little girl running around in the library last week was Momoka. Not as clear was who Sanetoshi was addressing or to whom he was referring.

• October 16, 2011 at 9:27 pmmarinelzen

I found it quite odd that Momoka and Yuri were both robed while soaking at the onsen ryokan. Maybe they had drawn Momoka robed to kind of disguise the hint there with Yuri. Definitely points to something going on with Yuri’s gender or a disfigurement on her body.

• October 17, 2011 at 7:59 pmAvalanche

Plot twist: Momoka is the Penguin Hat(s)

• October 20, 2011 at 11:30 amewok40k

no more need for doujins, the series provides material itself!