WORKING’!! – 06 »« WORKING’!! – 04

WORKING!! 2   05   01 WORKING!! 2   05   02 WORKING!! 2   05   03
WORKING!! 2   05   04 WORKING!! 2   05   05 WORKING!! 2   05   06
WORKING!! 2   05   07 WORKING!! 2   05   08 WORKING!! 2   05   09
WORKING!! 2   05   10 WORKING!! 2   05   11 WORKING!! 2   05   12
WORKING!! 2   05   13 WORKING!! 2   05   14 WORKING!! 2   05   15
WORKING!! 2   05   16 WORKING!! 2   05   17 WORKING!! 2   05   18

「ワグナリアの巨大な胃袋」 (Wagunaria no Kyodai na Ibukuro)
Wagnaria’s Big Stomach

Another week at Wagnaria yet we don’t actually see much working (big surprise there). That holds true of course unless you count Maya who is always silently and diligently working in the background. The lack of working was the main focus this week with Kyouko’s actions taking center stage. Not only does she do nothing around the restaurant but also manages to consume much of the ingredients. Between the breaks, the odd personalities, and Kyouko eating more food than is probably being made for the customers, I continually wonder how Wagnaria is still open for business. The only thing that could stop Kyouko’s gluttony is the fear of losing her job and the place where she can freely (emphasis on freely) feed her hunger. Her growling stomach sounded like a clip of an audience from a game show when they say “awww” when someone loses. What would she do without Wagnaria?

Souta’s love of all things small and cute takes a step in the wrong direction this week when he finds a young girl behind the restaurant. I was thinking the exact same thing Popura was thinking when he ran in with the girl in his armsCall the cops! It’s really scary how normal Souta seems to be then turn into such a creeper. His whole spiel about the play date/babysitting and raising some lost girl wasn’t helping his image. Though you still have to pity the guy since he gets so much crap from his three older siblings, I might just hate older people too if I felt they were all like the older women in his life. I feel like he’s one of those people who might snap one day and turn into a real kidnapper.

WORKING’!! likes to recycle its gags. Every week we see much of the same scenes: Popura being treated as a child, Aoi’s struggle to get the attention she feels she deserves, Jun getting wrapped around Yachiyo’s finger, Hiroomi’s evil intent, etc. but it’s never really a problem when the jokes stay funny. The show makes great use of the cast. It changes things up enough to keep it feeling fresh and hasn’t felt slow or failed to make me laugh yet.

Note: I guess I’ll be taking over this show for Divine.

WORKING!! 2   05   Preview 01 WORKING!! 2   05   Preview 02 WORKING!! 2   05   Preview 03
October 29, 2011 at 7:07 pm
  • October 29, 2011 at 7:14 pmCroos

Now we know the trick for Kyouko to stop eating. XD
    Cool we get to see the new characters next week

• October 29, 2011 at 7:26 pmBass.EXE

Takanashi: “I swear I’m not Pedobear!”

• October 29, 2011 at 7:40 pmKyzel

That cute little girl! Takanashi totally kidnapped her, no matter what he said. LOL. Those cheeks! Thanks Unlisted, for covering this, saves a Speedblog/cap from Divine’s workload.

• October 29, 2011 at 9:34 pminfo600

at least (presumably) it’s not perminant

…btw, does Maya have a VA doing her voice? or are we stuck only seeing her speechless (pun intended)?

• October 30, 2011 at 1:22 amDrew

Kawase, Akiko

Assuming you are talking about glasses-wearing, purple-haired girl who never talks and is content just doing her job while everyone else goofs off and not the little girl you linked. :D

• October 29, 2011 at 10:52 pmAllnighter

Haha I knew it, he has finally done it.

Justification of criminal Takanshi: “I love creatures like this!”

• October 29, 2011 at 7:48 pmKarmafan

This show is such an enjoyable way to spend 25 minutes each week with the show’s main focus on the comedy and interaction of the characters and not fan service as the main thing going on (like many of the shows this season with so many huge breasted girls).

I don’t mind fan service but some of the shows this season seem to be pretty much about fan service with just enough plot in it to set up the fan service (most notably Maken-Ki and Maji De Watashi).

• October 29, 2011 at 9:12 pmBass.EXE

hahaha Maken-Ki. Definitely agree with you on that one

• October 30, 2011 at 4:43 amx

Majikoi has plot?

• October 29, 2011 at 9:40 pminfo600

@ unlisted: I think Souta hates older, “bigger than him” women in general…

Gosh, can the preview (screencaps) be misleading…I was expecting the kid to appear for the whole episode, not Kyouko’s stomach growling (like a lion) for the whole duration

• October 29, 2011 at 11:34 pmunlisted

Yeah definitely. I think that he feels he has more control and can look down on smaller things. While he may like small and cute things in general, I think his experience with his sisters drive him even further in that direction.

• October 30, 2011 at 12:50 amoliviaven

hm since I haven’t seen anyone post it yet….thanks for picking up the series unlisted, it would have been a shame if RC stopped blogging working ^^

• October 29, 2011 at 10:21 pmKinny Riddle

OMG Takanashi, your mini-complex has gotten worse this season. Now he’s even resorted to kidnapping lolis with the intention of adopting them. lol

For a while I thought Kyouko would be so starved she would eat the loli, but was surprised to see that she actually gets along well with her.

• October 29, 2011 at 10:21 pmmac65

I like this series. Yes, it’s a good comedy but there’s some subtle
    sincere depth to some of the comedic points (I thought). There’s the
    mention that the reason why the manager eats is because she couldn’t
    afford to otherwise. A point that managers like that earn little more
    than the people they manage, a social comment. There are other gems, too.

About this episode number in the 1st season it became clear it was leading
    to the 1st date, but I haven’t seen anything like that yet (although he seems
    to be getting punched less). I wonder where this season is leading…?

I really like the episodes that feature his sisters, this seemed a bit weaker.
    But, a good episode, but not as strong as some of the earlier ones…

• October 29, 2011 at 10:36 pmLuke

That little girl reminded me a bit of Souta when he was young:

• October 29, 2011 at 10:49 pmKinny Riddle

Aye, I was thinking the same thing as well when I saw her. It’s as though Takanashi encountered his past self.

• October 29, 2011 at 10:52 pmMitchi

I didn’t notice before, good point there luke.

• October 30, 2011 at 12:25 amCorn

LOL I used to work as a waitress and I swear if I was mucking around like these guys no work will be done and customers will have to spend 1 hour waiting for their food.

And Takanashi totally kidnapped her XD He would of done it anyways! So cute! When Kyoko poked her cheeks that was so adorable!

• October 31, 2011 at 1:28 amAnime>Sleep Otaku

I don’t know what kind of place you were in, but me and my colleagues were like this (procrastinating, talkative, etc.) when i was working part time as a waiter. Granted, i were not working in 5 star hotels but you get the idea. Not a problem if you guys still proceeds at a fixed pace.

• October 30, 2011 at 1:28 amx

Sigh, that kid was sooooo cute!!! I think Takanashi’s love for small things might be rubbing off me XD.

Is it really that wrong of me to like Kyoko better when she was starving? :p

• October 30, 2011 at 7:02 amstaticology

I swear Souta has to be my spirit animal. I have never connected to a character the way I connect to him.
    Working is great as always though! This has to be one of my very favorite comedies, since it’s impossible to watch it and not end up in a good mood with a goofy smile.
    Thank you so much for picking this up Unlisted!!

• October 30, 2011 at 11:14 amjingoi

The recycled gags are still funny…..except Yachiyo spoiling Kyouko and with Inami punching anything that isn’t a wall.

• October 30, 2011 at 10:27 pmpapa

Fitting that the little girl was reading magazines/books about Pedobear?? It was him, I’m sure.

• October 30, 2011 at 10:55 pmKyzel

Truth. It was pedobear (with antennas{for Halloween}) alright. I just thought no one else noticed. Maybe the picturebook was a loli-defense guide?!

• October 31, 2011 at 2:31 amNhelraios

Can’t get enough of Poplar!

About Maya, she appears at some point in the background of every episode so far, I wonder if viewers notices her when she does.

• October 31, 2011 at 11:41 amnikki

tysm for blogging this! ilu so much <3

• November 1, 2011 at 9:47 amanakinsez

Some trivia: that little girl seems to be the same one in the very beginning of Episode 2! She’s in the background with her parents being greeted by Yachiyo. Cute episode.

• November 1, 2011 at 9:52 amanakinsez

Oh! And a more detailed shot of them after the OP on episode 2. Haha. The things that occur in the background in this anime.