Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai – 09 »« Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai – 07

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai – 08

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   01 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   02 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   03
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   04 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   05 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   06
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   07 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   08 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   09
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   10 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   11 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   12
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   13 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   14 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   15
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   16 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   17 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   18

「スクール水着は出番がない\(^o^)/」 (Sukuuru Mizugi wa Denban Ga Nai \(^o^)/)
“No School Swimsuits This Time”

Haganai once again brings out all the stops and puts us, the viewer, through one hell of a stimulation rollercoaster. However, I hope some of you didn’t get derailed with scenes like this striking when you least expected it.

Starting off as a rather typical episode, there was Yozora getting Maria to strip and run outside naked, Kobato finally wearing some normal albeit out of style clothes, Rika letting her dirty mind run rampant, and Sena discovering one of the best gal-ges ever made. In all honesty, I would love to play a game where the bad ending is to watch everyone get devoured by a shark at a public pool — it’s so ridiculous that it almost makes sense.

Amongst all the humor something was brought up that started to bug me as I thought about it. We’re already eight episodes in and it seems like the Neighbors Club’s members still don’t see their fellow members as friends. I don’t know if I’m reading into this too deeply, but the moment that Kodaka said the pool is a place for friends and that their trip would be a dry run to (excuse my pun) test the waters, I was disappointed that the people who see each other nearly every day still think they don’t have friends.

With such an abrupt and melancholy ending, it feels like that next week’s episode may tackle some of the deeper elements that come with people who are learning to overcome some of that social awkwardness that we all have inside of us. With both Yozora and Rika unable to handle large crowds of people, maybe we’ll get the see the two of them at the end of some hilarious friend building exercises sometime in the future.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   Preview 01 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   Preview 02 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai   08   Preview 03
November 26, 2011 at 2:24 am
  • November 26, 2011 at 2:38 ameharper256

And Kobato’s power increases by over 9,000!

• November 26, 2011 at 2:42 amPtolemaios00

This episode: Sena, Yukimura +1 affection; Kobato +infinite affection
    Next episode: Sena +1 affection

Sorry Yozora. You really stand no chance. ^^;;

This scene was cute, sexy and hilarious all at once.

• November 26, 2011 at 2:47 amcow

I can’t stop loving Kobato.

• November 26, 2011 at 3:10 amMrRei

Criminal

• November 26, 2011 at 12:09 pmTSouL

is it normal for lil sis to ask big bros to watch them change transform…

• November 27, 2011 at 9:22 amtheskylion

In the normal course of things, Big Brother worship and approval is perfectly fine. Yes, Kobato is embarrassing herself and him, but that goes with the territory. There is a line, crossing it is a big No No. But then, these scenes of near extreme Lolidom are undercut by the last few scenes of the show. Yes, those scenes with Kobato and Maria made me have kittens, but those scenes of abject loneliness made them more than just eye candy.

• November 26, 2011 at 8:00 pmBotagar

I saw half a nipple….
      Must purge myself…

• November 26, 2011 at 3:59 amRoguespirit

Until I heard the guy on the bus say it I thought I was the only one whot thought that Kobato and Sena looked like sisters when they were together. Kobato really shone in this episode, it shows she’s more dynamic and interesting than most “little Sisters” attatched to the main protagonist. Also I lolled at Maria with the sign. Not sure what to make of the ending or the preview of the next episode.

• November 26, 2011 at 4:19 amdeafvader

Takaii is on a roll. Kobato scenes are really X rated.
    Cute Cute Cute
    Kobato… is Tsundere? no just plain scared of Sena.
    Wonder if Sena and Kobato has the same mum

• November 26, 2011 at 4:25 amShizuo

Kobato!

Ku Ku Ku

• November 26, 2011 at 4:35 amskylion

Kobato and Maria made me have kittens when watching this episode. Then, by the end, I found that the kittens had gotten lost, and now I am sad. Which is a good thing, it moves the characters from so much eye candy, to having someone we can sympathize.

• November 26, 2011 at 4:51 amRakkyo

Me: “Oh look, it’s a new episode of Haganai, let’s watch it.”

Few minutes into the episode…

Me: “HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG”

• November 26, 2011 at 6:40 amsteven

?

• November 26, 2011 at 5:37 amKyzel

This episode was full of win and loli fan-service. XD This adaptation burns through the material oh so fast… I got my wish, they got to the good parts of volume 3. Next episode, there will be LOTS and LOTS of meat. >:)

• November 26, 2011 at 6:14 amselpheed

Kobato and maria are the best!!!

• November 26, 2011 at 6:18 amKinny Riddle

This must be like the second or third episode where a very funny episode ends in a sudden and abrupt melancholic mood, yet the beginning of these episodes didn’t show any following up on those depressing moods so far.

Sooner or later, this bunch of merry introverts will have to accept that they’re the true friends that they’ve been searching for. (Disclaimer: This poster is an introvert himself. But it must be stressed that being introverted does not equal “socially awkward” at all. We just like to spend time alone more. )

• November 26, 2011 at 6:42 amsawada-kun

this realy makes me want to eat MEAT

• November 26, 2011 at 7:02 amNegi Springfield

At least the shark does not know Chinese kenpo!

• November 26, 2011 at 7:30 amKiria

So many great things this week. Along with the mass amounts of comedy, we didn’t really single anyone out. Every girl got her own scene, which I really like since we can appreciate everybody. However it’s just getting frustrating now to see that Yozora can’t find a way to tell Kodaka that they knew each other once. I can’t wait until that comes up! But alas, it does not seem like it will be next week.

• November 26, 2011 at 8:06 amKinny Riddle

LOL My reaction from this shot was the same: WTF!?

• November 26, 2011 at 8:16 amryuuzaki

woah! nice catch there! since when the pockets are placed in the middle of the pants :))

• November 26, 2011 at 2:12 pmLuxorcist

He was hiding something.

• November 26, 2011 at 8:14 amryuuzaki

as the saying said: “dont go swimming when you are in menstruation period, blood attracts sharks”.

• November 26, 2011 at 9:36 amSOSAnimeBoy

Or camping… it’s said to attract bears/cougars/wolves/coyotes.

• November 26, 2011 at 11:53 ambertman4

Also dolphins.

• November 26, 2011 at 8:29 amPeepQ

This episode started to really really make me think, is Yukimura actually a girl?!?!

• November 26, 2011 at 9:37 amJif

I still maintain that Yukimura is gender-confused.

• November 26, 2011 at 10:14 amblub

I think so, too. It seems more and more likely that Yukimura is actually a girl!

• November 28, 2011 at 4:43 amKoji

These new breeds of trap have gotten smarter… They no longer hide the fact that they are traps, they tell you outright. The very fact that they let you in on it right away is just there to put you at ease. You no longer struggle with whether they are really a trap, you are told so outright. Then they slowly sneak in little hints that maybe they aren’t… Suddenly they have you interested. You’re curious, it’s no longer “Okay, we know they are a trap.” it’s “hmm… I wonder if they really are a trap?”

Before you know it… BAM you’re caught (literally) with your pants down! Now you have to explain to your friends and family why you were fondling yourself to a picture of an underage guy in a maid’s outfit! Don’t let that happen to you!

• November 26, 2011 at 8:51 amewok40k

Well, I think the abrupt sombre ending of the episode was just out of place as shark in the pool in the romantic comedy galge – and it was purposeful.

• November 26, 2011 at 10:09 amUmadBro?

its so funny to see the yozora troll the nun haha

• November 26, 2011 at 10:21 amMedoi

i kinda feel sorry for maria……she’s so cute sobs

i think yukimura is actually a girl too, but since his/her parents wanted her to be a boy she wants to become manly? would actually make sense if you think about it

• November 26, 2011 at 11:24 amtendo

I just cannot stand that each of kobato eyes has a different color.
    everytime I see a char in anime with eyes with 2 different colors, I am like do people really like that? it is so antisymmetric and unpleasant to see. Mihoko Fukuji from saki is another example. Death the Kid from soul eater would agree with me on this.

• November 26, 2011 at 11:49 ambertman4

Uh, you do know that she’s not really heterochromatic? She’s wearing contacts so she can be like her anime heroine. See this shot from episode 5.

• November 26, 2011 at 9:02 pmStranger

While I’m fine with heterochromia- it is true that the number of characters with this trait (or just different eyes in general) – is growing at a rate that steers it dangerously close towards the realm of cliche.

• November 26, 2011 at 9:25 pmtheskylion

My brother has one blue eye and one green eye. Back in the day, after reading X-Men, I started calling him a mutant. But, then man is so bland it bounced off of him.

And, stop picking on Kobato.

• November 26, 2011 at 11:29 ambertman4

Yay! More Maria! And the first appearance (I think?) of Mother Kate!
    She clearly disciplined Maria. Poor Maria got put in plain robes and had to wear a sign like a medieval sinner. “I acted shamefully. I’m sorry.”

• November 26, 2011 at 9:26 pmtheskylion

Did anyone notice that nun scratch her ass in the next few frames? I would post a cap, but I’m not with my copies of this anime….

• November 26, 2011 at 12:00 pmSoiyeruda

Oh Kobato, you’re such an amazing loli. Stripping down to nothing and I still view you as cute as opposed to being slutty. <3

• November 26, 2011 at 1:37 pmVchaybe

I loved everything about this episode… The part where Kobato “transformed” was so cute <3 Actually, she's just cute in general.

• November 26, 2011 at 1:57 pmbaltar

I think the fact that they don’t see each other as friends yet is the point. Their friendship is sneaking up on them while they practice for when “actual friends” come along. I expect the show will end with them realizing that they had close friendships the entire time. A bit cliche, but honestly, they are still fun to watch without a fresh message to impart.

• November 26, 2011 at 2:36 pmRilvenar

Shark in the pool: Relevant

• November 26, 2011 at 10:28 pmewok40k

this movie really jumped the shark…

• November 26, 2011 at 3:36 pmhaseo0408

I think the whole point of the storyis just what you mentionesd Takaii, they are such fools beacause it´s not that they don´t see each other as friends, it´s that they hven´t realized they are already friends. Their social are so limited that they can´t identefy people aroud them as friends, they hven´t hve a true friend at all, how coul you reconize a person as your friend in that awkward position?.

• November 26, 2011 at 7:42 pmAoihoshikage

I totally agree. I haven’t read the novels or much of the manga, but the way the anime is headed, I’m guessing the final “punchline” is that everyone in the club realizes that they all became friends. I mean there are hints of it by the fact that Sena actually likes her nickname of Meat(ep 3), and the fact that ep. 7, all of them are so socially awkward that they do not realize friends communicate with cellphones. Plus, I think we’re all waiting for the revelation between Kodaka’s and Yozora’s past friendship.

• November 26, 2011 at 3:47 pmCJ

wouldn’t surprise me if it later turned out that Kobato and Kodaka aren’t blood related and that she was actually related to Sena

• November 26, 2011 at 10:31 pmewok40k

might be, considering Sena’s and Kodaka’s/Kobato’s fathers are long time acquaintances…
      though I resist the bait because Kodaka doesn’t see kobato in feminine terms at all! see his reaction to her stripping…

• November 26, 2011 at 11:26 pmLuke

• November 27, 2011 at 5:23 amBreedo

LOL I knew something seemed oddly familiar about that pose….that’s hilarious.

• November 27, 2011 at 7:13 amZaku Fan

Sena salivating = win!
    Yozura defending the little sister from 2 chikans = win!
    Flywatter = win!
    Maria being punished for being lewd = win!

• November 27, 2011 at 10:53 amewok40k

Yozora has seriously double standards, swatting the “perverts” but sending Maria off to run naked in public and endanger her to real pervs out there

• November 30, 2011 at 9:44 amHenDarou

I look forward to the moment when the characters notice the following two obvious things:

1. They are already friends…

2. Show Spoiler ▼