Fate/Zero – 14 »« Fate/Zero – 12

Fate Zero   13   19 Fate Zero   13   20 Fate Zero   13   21
Fate Zero   13   22 Fate Zero   13   23 Fate Zero   13   24
Fate Zero   13   25 Fate Zero   13   26 Fate Zero   13   27
Fate Zero   13   28 Fate Zero   13   29 Fate Zero   13   30
Fate Zero   13   31 Fate Zero   13   32 Fate Zero   13   33
Fate Zero   13   34 Fate Zero   13   35 Fate Zero   13   36

「禁断の狂宴」 (Kindan no Kyouen)
“The Forbidden Banquet of Insanity”

Considering how Fate/Zero was originally slated for a contiguous six-month run, I wasn’t expecting the midpoint break to coincide with some finale-worthy material. However, I wasn’t expecting ufotable to leave off on a highly suspenseful cliffhanger either, which is downright cruel. The cynic in me doubts this was merely coincidental, as I can already picture the staff sitting around in a room and patting one another on the back for having viewers wrapped around their fingers. All I can do is just sit quietly and pretend that I don’t care for a bit before finally saying, “Damn it.”

I’m (half) joking of course, because I honestly would’ve been okay with an episode full of characterization, followed by a bunch of teaser clips in the preview. I was quite content when things were headed that way, starting with Ryuunosuke’s grandiose justification for his homicidal ways. That was some truly “fascinating” drivel, and rather amusing too because I perceived it as such. At no point was I going to take his reasoning seriously and concede that a serial killer has a good reason for killing, but he clearly believed everything he said, so it was fun to hear him out. I really couldn’t help but take his conversation with Caster as comedic, especially not after his ironic statement about how inhumane it was to destroy all the mutilated bodies that they decorated their lair with. Classy.

Assuming it wasn’t anime-original, I really have to hand it to Urobuchi Gen for writing some witty dialogue like that. The same goes for Rider’s attempts to cheer up his “emo” Master, which cleverly masked the somber mood from Waver’s realization that his vision of Rider reaching Okeanos — indication that he had traveled east enough and conquered all the land — never happened. I dare say it was kind of “cute” to see Waver not want to pry into Rider’s past and look up the history of Alexander the Great instead, because he went all tsundere when Rider said he could’ve just asked him directly. The two of them have always had a surprisingly considerate dynamic, but it’s not often we see Waver concerned about Rider’s feelings. It may have been unnecessary since nothing seems to get Rider down, but the fact that Waver felt bad about Rider dying in his early thirties did make it easier to cut him some slack about his self-loathing. Rider on the other hand deserves credit for trying to cheer Waver up, even though he’s not very good at it. (That easily misunderstood hug didn’t help either.)

In comparison, Saber may be somewhat dull, but her Iri-like driving skills kind of make up for it. I did find it odd how Rider still referred to her as the “King of Knights” after saying that he no longer acknowledges her as a real king, but Saber did have a cool moment afterward that was deserving of the title. As for all these temporary alliances that Saber agrees to, I see them as great opportunities for Servants to work together, but also as a potential problem in the future because I’m willing to bet Kiritsugu could care less about respecting any alliances that she makes. I assume this one will be okay though, as the preview suggests that Archer will be sent to help out with Caster too. From the sound of things, he’s reluctant to use his most powerful Noble Phantasm “Ea”, which he only likes to use against opponents he deems worthy.

* I won’t be including any final impressions because this series clearly isn’t over yet. I also decided NOT to consider it for this year’s Best of Anime post, since it lacks any sort of conclusion that would justify treating it as a separate entity from the second half airing in spring. In fact, I fully intend to number the second season’s episodes from 14 onwards.

Fate Zero   13   Preview 01 Fate Zero   13   Preview 02 Fate Zero   13   Preview 03
Fate Zero   13   Preview 04 Fate Zero   13   Preview 05 Fate Zero   13   Preview 06
December 25, 2011 at 8:30 am
  • December 25, 2011 at 8:33 amHakumeiJin

Can’t believe they actually ended it like that waiting a whole season will be torture.

• December 25, 2011 at 10:55 amUmadBro?

THIS LEAVE STEINS’GATE AS THE BEST ANIME FOR 2011

• December 27, 2011 at 10:51 pmD-LaN

“AHEM” its madoka, S;G and un-go.

• December 25, 2011 at 8:44 amGhostalker

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• December 25, 2011 at 9:32 amDonkey

It is not meant to be some spectacular season finale ending, they are merely splitting the show in half to ensure high quality in season 2. I see no reason to lower the score for this reason besides you being retarded.

• December 25, 2011 at 11:00 amGhostalker

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• December 25, 2011 at 12:28 pmFencedude

The fact that you are giving it an “ending” score at all is rather fantastically missing the point.

• December 25, 2011 at 8:47 pmFate/Z

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• December 25, 2011 at 12:59 pmJhacks

@Ghostalker IMHO adding a scoring system on a review is always bad. Because right now people see review scores something like this:
      10 is Excellent
      9.5 is Great
      9 is Good
      8 is Average
      8 below is CRAP!
      and 11 is Awesome, but there are no perfect anime.

• December 25, 2011 at 1:26 pmCrystalArc

I don’t understand how people bother using a 10-point scoring system if all they do is score between 5-10 with 10 being perfect and 5 being utter crap. Why bother with 1-4 then, you might as well score it from 1-5. Whenever I do scorings I do its always:

1 – God-awful
        2 – Bad, Tooo many problems
        3 – Hard to look at, with problems
        4 – Bare-able
        5 – Standard, Generic, nothing good, nothing bad
        6 – Ok but very few or only 1 good point
        7 – Decent with some good points
        8 – Extremely Good
        9 – Almost Perfect
        10 – Pefect

• December 25, 2011 at 6:18 pmGhostalker

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• December 25, 2011 at 6:29 pmJhacks

@CrystalArc Because a lot people are obsessed with numbers and high-score, and they will always go look for a good review of something they want to believe is good and just go and ignore the others. People like to use confirmation bias on every-way possible, and I for one is also guilty of doing it.

• December 26, 2011 at 4:28 amComM3

While I don’t see why your giving fate/Zero an ending score at all, your opinion shouldn’t be thumbed down to 50+ and your second comment certainly didn’t warrant a 30+ thumbs down.

After 10+ thumbs down I think everyone gets the gist that the opinion is debatable. Come on guys it’s not even “First!!!! nice post ” comment.

• December 26, 2011 at 5:27 amGhostalker

Actually I’m not bothered with the thumbs down, because the problem with Fate Zero is the fact that “technically” the series is split in 2 parts, which many considered as a separate series, hence e.g. in sites like MAL which I made my rating, it is a separate series hence separate ratings. What I post above merely reflects my overall opinion that reflects the first part and how it ended.

Also, the second 13 episodes will not be called Fate ZERO but Fate ZERO 2nd season(?), unless changes are made.

• December 25, 2011 at 8:44 amSmuglord

Aw, I was looking forward to seeing your overall impressions for the first cour): I take it the second part of fate/zero won’t be included in the spring 2012 preview then?

• December 25, 2011 at 8:51 amSilivious

Wow…such a cliffhanger there. X_X Can’t wait till it resumes. :D

• December 25, 2011 at 8:55 amLynyrd Skynyrd

Ryuunosuke: Is this….are they….even human?!

• December 25, 2011 at 8:57 ammistress_kisara

LOL at that part :P

• December 25, 2011 at 9:04 amfelix

Only one thing came to my mind when I watched Saber run across the water and jumped as she prepared to strike caster, the next thing was the rolling credit.

• January 1, 2012 at 1:45 amJared Drake

Eh. She has the blessing of the Lady of the Lake?

• December 25, 2011 at 9:10 amZleihsh

Overall, I enjoy the first half. They better save up those money to increase the quality of the 2nd half, or else the long wait (3 Month, why not just 1?!?!) is not worth it. And I mean the quality for ALL the eps of the 2nd half !!

• December 25, 2011 at 9:10 amBass.EXE

I just noticed this week that Rider uses “kisama” when talking to Waver, which seems strange after the speech he gave in this episode.

• December 25, 2011 at 10:05 amtakashid

Rider uses kisama quite a lot actually. He uses it with Saber, Gilgamesh, and just about everyone. I don’t think its meant to be insulting to them, more to show how informally Rider speaks.

• December 25, 2011 at 9:15 amhackin

saber ultimate Noble Phantasm is Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

• December 25, 2011 at 9:20 amGilgamesh

The King of Heroes commands you all to have a Merry Christmas.

• December 25, 2011 at 9:46 amZleihsh

That’s a interesting image, and since his GoB holds many treasures does that mean that “that” is very, I mean very delicious?! If so I want some of it XD.
      Again, Rider is the BEST Servant in the Show!!! I love his character soooo much. Show Spoiler ▼

• December 25, 2011 at 12:32 pmKob264

I can tell you that

• December 25, 2011 at 9:20 amshoftee

The dialogue was not anime-original, it’s all Urobuchi Gen!
    As with KnK, they have been exceedingly faithful to the original.
    Can’t wait for the next cour in April!

• December 25, 2011 at 1:29 pmNiriel

Except that episode with loli-Rin >.<

• December 25, 2011 at 10:50 pmgenorage

which was perfect.

• December 27, 2011 at 3:34 amPanzer

That Rin episode was a waste of time.

• December 25, 2011 at 9:27 amStereoman

I can’t describe my love for Kajiura Yuki with words.

• December 25, 2011 at 9:32 amMoeronic

Was it just me or did Rider just set off a few death flags? I’d hate to come back to this series after 4 months and have him dying in the first few episodes.

It seems that this season was all about the characters while the next will be more action oriented. I really enjoyed everything here (except that damn cliffhanger), but I sometimes wonder what is going on in Urobuchi Gen’s mind. Who can create a character that justifies serial killing and mutilation as a form of worship?

• December 25, 2011 at 10:18 amtakashid

Urobuchi has a unique mind. What i love about ryunosuke’s speech about God is that he’s practically breaking the fourth wall: when he talks about god loving Hope and courage, but also loving screams and blood, he is also describing Urobuchi’s writing style, who is the “God” of this series. If you look at ryunosukes speech as a meta speech about storytelling and Urobuchi, its even more interesting. As for how Urobuch can create such horrors, he doesnt seem to like it much himself. read this authors note from Urobuchi:

• December 25, 2011 at 1:31 pmjimmy

interesting read thank you for link

• December 25, 2011 at 9:31 pmCrazyguy

What makes this Postface more interesting is that if you look at his words closely, he practically wrote the Plot of Madoka Magica here 4 years before it was even announced.

• December 25, 2011 at 12:21 pmMoriae

…This is Fate/Zero, a prequel to FSN. You might just ask who has a “life flag” in this series.

• December 25, 2011 at 2:07 pmMakall

Sure did sound like a death flag. Good talk with Waver though.

• December 25, 2011 at 9:38 amfragb85

That only thing more glorious than the cliffhanger is the rage it generated among the fans. Ufotable officially has its viewers by the balls now. I can definitely see the massive hype once it returns in April. That’s what you call genius marketing. I’m actually thankful that I read the novels or I would have been raging as well.

As for the episode, I just enjoy the dynamics of Team Rider. It just fun to watch them have an actual friendship when everybody else is all gloomy and broody. I really don’t care for Team Casters, largely because they are just a bunch of psychopaths. I did get a chuckle at their dialogue though, you’d think it would be profound except they are really alot less complicated than that.

Time to get the 3 month long countdown clocks!

• December 25, 2011 at 10:07 amtakashid

I am actually really glad that they didn’t sacrifice the source material just to spice up the end of the first half and feed the fanboys who only care about action. This is not the end to Fate Zero season 1, this is just a pause in the overall story of Fate Zero. This episode was very faithful to the novel and i had a feeling they would end the first half here. My only problem was that they did not really show much of Wavers dream about Rider. In the novel, it is a vision of Riders life and conquest, and how people began to flock to his charisma and dream. They cut it down greatly, which is understandable, if disappointing. I am glad that they did introduce the concept of “Oceanus” and how it ties into Riders dream and life.

Once again a minor detail was not really explained, that changes the way the situation is viewed. This isn’t Lancer/Saber/Rider VS Caster, this is Lancer/Saber/Rider VS Sea Demon. In the novel its explained that Caster has not “powered up” or somehow gotten stronger then before, its just that he’s doing something even crazier then previously. Any mage good at summoning can call a super powerful Cthulu demon like the one Caster has summoned. The reason they don’t however, is because only the most incredibly powerful mage would have any chance of controlling it. Caster however, doesn’t care about controlling it. He is just calling the strongest Demon he can and letting it do whatever it wants to with Zero (lol) restrictions.

This detail changes the scene, because it makes it clear that the monster is in control here, not Caster. The only thing that demon will do is kill everything around it, very quickly. That’s why the Saber, Rider and Lancer agree to team up, because this is a crisis, not just a new fight with Caster.

P.S. To those worrying about the lack of action, rest assured. This is the start of a huge, major battle, and we will have LOTS of action in the second half. I know 3 months is a long ass wait, but patience is a virtue and it will pay off big time when Fate Zero continues in April.

• December 25, 2011 at 2:07 pmMoriae

There are two Alexander dreams. One he’s simply looking at the sea (and was before this one). It’s possible they sneak the other one in the future? :)

• December 25, 2011 at 10:25 amVincent

I am actually a little glad its a 3 month wait instead of anything longer

• December 27, 2011 at 4:06 amjackxu

I agree. It sure beats waiting for the Blood-C movie to come out.

• December 25, 2011 at 10:46 amMrRei

I’m sure everyone was disappointed with how this episode ended.. I mean, seriously Saber, why wear a skirt if you’re gonna have long pants in it! geeesh.. That’s not a good way to end any episode.

• December 25, 2011 at 1:22 pmHrmmmm

i loled. noticed that as well.

I’m gonna err on the side of caution in case of internet rage about costumes but..

• December 26, 2011 at 3:51 pmAoyoc

She always wore pants… Must be dealing with Fate noobs here. /facepalm

• December 25, 2011 at 10:47 amJhacks

So F/Z decide to give us a Freaking cliffhanger for xmas, OUCH!
    But then again, the trill of waiting for the next episode and the excitement you get when it’s finally release……..and the disappointment you get when it turns out bad (joke!), is kinda fun.
    I’ve been in worse….School Days, Madoka, Code Geass(freaking 1yr) so yeah 3 months is nothing.(He says as he delete his copy of the novel and pray for the next batch of anime to be awesome.)

• December 25, 2011 at 11:40 amrasone0104

Damn Cliffhangers!!! OMG…
    i was expecting a first blood in this war and from the looks of it I have to wait for a while
    and for those who watched fsn Show Spoiler ▼

• December 25, 2011 at 6:46 pmhaseo0408

You have no idea of how good this is going to get at the second part.

• December 25, 2011 at 1:11 pmYanDaMan263

God this is gona be the longest 3 month wait in my life.

This seriously needs to be nominated for best anime of 2012, because I’ll be damned if anything can top this next year. I’ll gladly be wrong of course, it means better animes to watch.

Ending was pretty epic for a cliffhanger. I honestly underestimated Caster’s abilities. Summoning a monstrosity that requires almost all other servants working together to defeat, he might as well be able to steamroll every single one of them in a 1 on 1.

Im curious to what Kariya will do, since he showed up in the preview.

• December 25, 2011 at 1:44 pmSuppa Tenko

• December 25, 2011 at 2:14 pmMoriae

Gilles is ‘weak’ as Caster, but he has a very powerful Noble Phantasm.

• December 25, 2011 at 10:31 pmYanDaMan263

Right, Im saying though, if he could’ve summoned something that powerful from the get go, he could have done that and just went on a town rampage to begin with. I mean hell, even I know he’d be no match against a any other other servants in physical combat.

• December 25, 2011 at 1:14 pmdaitro

You know I heard somewhere that Alexander the Great was gay…this episode ain’t helping me think otherwise

• December 25, 2011 at 2:16 pmMoriae

Both Alexander the Great and Gilgamesh were bi men who prefer the companionship of a Special Man over that of women (they could sleep with them out of lust, but never measure up to Enkidu or Hephaestion.

• December 25, 2011 at 2:50 pmdaitro

Next thing we find out is that Saber is a lesbian lol

• December 25, 2011 at 6:10 pmMoriae

@ daitro

Arturia was married to a woman, Guinevere, plus Show Spoiler ▼

• December 25, 2011 at 5:36 pmFeast

Hah! Come now Macedonia bordered with Greece, and ancient Greeks INVENTED homoseksualism ^^ I daresay no one in his army would have raised even an eyebrow if he started to sleep with men. Besides, kings make the rules- not obey them.

• December 26, 2011 at 1:20 amMoriae

Pretty sure Gilgamesh had that established with his relationship with Enkidu before Greece existed.

• December 25, 2011 at 8:14 pmyokushi

Ancient morality was pretty different compared to modern christian morality. Womens were regarded as something beautiful, but to “conquer” them was not considered manly. On the other hand, to “conquer” another man…

And yeah, Alexander was bi. He basically nailed everything he found without distinctions.

• December 25, 2011 at 1:44 pmTroj

Every single one of the servants are so likable other than assassin since it doesn’t have much of a personality and is used as a pawn. Archer and Rider are just pure awesome in ever way, Saber is less awesome but still better than most female leads in anime, Caster is interesting and funny in his own psychotic way and Lancer and Berserker have orgasmic fight scenes. God I love this show.

• December 25, 2011 at 2:04 pmTerrorhunt

Damn cliffhanger.

That aside, my respect for Rider are even greater than before. I actually expected him to throw a rage or being angry when he found out about the inaccuracy regarding him in the history book, but I’m even more surprised to see that he didn’t care about it. And while it didn’t work, I really admire his effort to cheer up Waver. I mean come on, who he even admit that he’s an idiot. That’s kinda unexpected given of his attitude in previous episodes.

• December 25, 2011 at 4:18 pmsuff

I am glad to see Lancer OK. I thought he would be completely drained of his stamina from his all-night Command Spell sex with Sola-Ui. LoL.

• December 25, 2011 at 8:55 pmGilgamesh92

Wait, Lancer had sex with Sola?

• December 25, 2011 at 10:35 pmYanDaMan263

Did that actually happen in the novel or are you just joking about Sola’s infatuation lol.

• December 25, 2011 at 10:45 pmhikari

Duuh…of course he’s just joking, there’s nothing going on between them anyway since Lancer only thought of her as his master’s future wife/fiancee.

• December 26, 2011 at 11:15 amsuff

I was joking, of course.

I don’t know what will happen though; I never read the LN.

• December 25, 2011 at 4:27 pmTSouL

Surprising that one of the most heinous duos ever is debating about god’s intervention. And the last minute of the episode made waiting for April much…. much… longer…

• December 25, 2011 at 6:20 pmMoriae

It’s not so surprising on Caster’s case. Gilles de Rais was really close to Jeanne D’Arc and actually a religious nobleman (who was quite handsome, I may add) before he descended into sin and madness after she was burned at stake. He was enraged that “God” took her “memories” and was beomoning about that.

• December 25, 2011 at 6:08 pmDa5id

Well, I would have liked it ended with the death of Caster, but this was a good way to make me RAGE AT THE CLIFFHANGER.

Oh man, Type-Moon. You magnificent bastards.

The other downside is that FZ was pretty much the one out of the four shows (or five, now that I’m watching GC for teh lulz) that I found myself completely engrossed in. I guess I’ll just pay more attention to Mirai Nikki or Gundam…

• December 25, 2011 at 6:18 pmL002

It was nice to see that Waver is having more screen time. To be honest, I’m sure many can agree that Waver is more suitable to be the main character for this anime. And I also agree with Divine that this season LACKED a good conclusion, I mean show a good Noble Phantasm for heaven’s sake to make a conclusion.

For those of you wondering, there really was a reason why Alexander was labeled short in history. The light novel explained it here why Alex is big in the anime yet short in the history books.

It was also interesting how lacking this scene is in the anime compared to the light novel. You don’t get that vibe of an “angel being guided by the devil” much. Though it was good to see Caster use the modern term “COOL” before he was “eaten.”

I do wonder how is it that guy doesn’t sleep. He’s not Garra from Naruto, so he really needs some sleep. Though I wonder how many poor children were gathered to form that monster. For those of you who don’t know, though the anime didn’t show it, a LOT of children were needed to make that huge thing. Also, for those who can’t wait and want some spoilers on what next season is about, check here and enjoy the rest of Fate/zero

• December 25, 2011 at 8:18 pmKixmachina

I wished they elaborated more on Iskander’s height in the anime! That part in the light novel is so funny! =))

Damn… I’ll miss Waver and Rider in these 3 month… Not to mention the coming winter lineup is not much to my liking…

• December 25, 2011 at 6:25 pmtakashid

btw, i love that Rider jokes that his luck is high, cause he’s right! Each servant in the war has stat rankings like strength, speed, luck, etc. Rider has luck rank A+
    …way better then poor Lancer’s luck rank E

• December 25, 2011 at 7:05 pmhaseo0408

No!! You have to be joking. what kind of chistmas gift is this, they cut in the best possible. I expect an amazing second part after this!. By the way, if you haven´t notices the grimoire that Caster uses for summoning those abominations is known as the Prelati’s Spellbook: Text of the Sunken Spiraled City, being the true name R’lyeh Text, this book is based in the Cthulhu Mythos of H.P. Lovecraft. The man is one of the most prominent horror writers in human history and his stories the most terrefying you could ever read, the monsters summon by Caster are exactly like the ones depicted in his stories. R’lyeh is the underwater city where the true abomination Cthulhu sleeps awaiting the time of the of all.

• December 25, 2011 at 7:39 pmSalt of the Earth

With caster and his master talking just before waver and rider’s, i find it interesting that caster actually fits what rider said about finding his own reason to fight and having an ambition as large as the world.

Good to see saber has her confidence back. I don’t see caster surviving this battle. With 3 heroes and a potential 4th in archer from the shorts, its going to be difficult for him to mount any sort of escape since the monster is undoubtedly going to be taken down (or fate zero would end in the next 3-4 episodes)

• December 25, 2011 at 8:42 pmMatroid

Fate/Zero will be a strong contender for anime of the year when its time comes. I’m disappointed that the season ends in a suspense. But it is all for the better.

• December 25, 2011 at 8:43 pmJin

What a cock block… Best anime of 2011 AND 2012 ;).

• December 25, 2011 at 9:39 pmduqs

I’m going to go and create spoiler free expectations the moment that 2nd season hits the tube: (will spoiler tag just in case you feel that you’ll get spoiled)
    1.) Saber/Rider/Lancer vs Caster (well we kinda know that but there will be more fights happening in this single scene…)

After that, I believe we will have two more fights till book three ends.

It’s Urobochi who wrote this series so expect a bunch of death flags, besides we have an idea who will be left in the after math of the war already given fate/stay night’s plot. What matters is how they went out =D (like Zack’s Crisis Core)

• December 26, 2011 at 11:17 amsuff

Given that it is a prequel, almost everyone in F/Z has a death flag. It’s probably more productive to talk about life flag :)

• December 25, 2011 at 9:41 pmDa5id

I just remembered, we haven’t seen any of Beserker or Kariya since Episode 10! What a jip!

• December 25, 2011 at 11:11 pmc2710

right after kyubei… its hard not to hate caster and ryuunosukei

also, i must say, iskandar’s moments in the show were really heartwarming and touching but it kinda raise some death flags in me (just like what happened in madoka). made me tear a bit. and rider pulling in behind saber in his chariot and his reactions… just plain cute

• December 26, 2011 at 12:27 amchikvn

There is no better end than this, with this, the 1st season is flawfless and 2nd season is something really worth looking for.
    Now all I want is the blueray version >:

• December 26, 2011 at 1:57 amTommy

Yeah, i want blu-ray version too :)

• December 26, 2011 at 3:16 amsto

too bad bluray is going to cost an arm and a leg for both first and second season…
      very much like how the KnK blurays was marketed…

• December 26, 2011 at 1:23 amKinny Riddle

Who else has a new found respect for Rider’s open minded interest in all things otaku-related? lol

Not surprised that the intermission begins with a cliff-hanger, At least this means ufotable aren’t compromising the movie-like quality.

At least we’ll have Nisemonogatari to keep us busy while we wait for Fate Zero’s return. (Nisemonogatari will take over Fate Zero’s time slot )

• December 26, 2011 at 4:25 amLivingood

Yup, Caster still creeps me out

• December 26, 2011 at 4:26 amRyua

IS IT APRIL YET.

• December 26, 2011 at 6:42 amewok40k

DAMN you producers, leaving us hanging like that… (stomps off in search of Iris X Saber doujins grumbling…)

• December 26, 2011 at 9:06 amAiRiSuDaiSuKi

fck! WHEN WILL APRIL COME!??! WHEN???!! i can’t wait that long!T__T

Btw, thank you ufotable for leaving us hanging like this. -screams in frustration-

Huh? So f/z’s second half is a separate series? The first half is still epic though, i’d vote for it as best anime of the year.

and my beloved irisviel, wait for me..lol

• December 26, 2011 at 1:35 pmtakashid

The second half is not a seperate series, it is the same show. They are simply pausing the story till april so they can keep up the quality of the episodes and not give us more crap faces like they did in episode 11. In fact, i would not even call this “season 1″, or the next part season 2, as the story really can’t be split in half like that.

• December 26, 2011 at 12:32 pmPtolemaios00

I don’t know about you guys, but Ryuunosuke totally convinced me to become serial killer. Dance, puppet god! =P

• December 26, 2011 at 1:38 pmsuff

Someone call 911.

• December 27, 2011 at 5:43 pmJun-01

A pair of psychos succeeded in what conventional god-believers failed before: they convinced me about the existence of a higher being, who created imperfect beings for the sake of the lulz.

Credits goes not only to Urubochi, but also to Ryuunosuke and Caster’s seiyuus. They are doing an amazing job giving life to the best evil duo of this season.

• December 26, 2011 at 6:07 pmnikolai131

u so gotta be kiddin’ me *sigh* Why ufotable? WHY? That cliffhanger is a killer >.>

• December 26, 2011 at 7:56 pmJoe

Ha…I intentionally avoided this agony by stopping the series at episode 11…will pick things up back in April.

• December 26, 2011 at 8:07 pmronriii

Gotta hand it to Ufotable for maintaining the quality work for this anime. Truly truly amazing.

• December 27, 2011 at 12:42 amKanade

This is sooooooooooooooooooooo f$#%ing cruel…………………

• December 27, 2011 at 7:07 amNeptune

I rolled over on the floor and went head banging cuz of this cliff…btw anyone know the name of that awesome bgm near the end? they played it too when saber and lancer vs caster in previous ep.

• December 27, 2011 at 4:47 pmBeeFreeze

Did assassin come back with a whole number of the army? Kirei Kotomine became more dangerous after Archer helped him find out his reason for battle. He could be the man stand still when final battle begin.

• December 27, 2011 at 5:04 pmRyouichi

I got a little chill when I saw the F-15s fly in during the preview. Even though I’ve read the light novel, I can’t help but feel happy seeing them fly.

• December 30, 2011 at 7:31 amKGFJ

A d’aaawww moment has never been this manly. Hell I want to have someone like rider in real life, it must be so awesomely bro
    and DAMN CLIFFHANGER! I want april NAOW!

• December 30, 2011 at 11:08 amhikari

Yup Rider is just THAT awesomeeee!!!! And a plus also to have waver acting all tsuntsun on rider, too. The dialogues in this series are always very good&well-written(that conversations of caster&ryuunosuke’s are also amusing in it’s own way), kudos to Urobuchi in making this story^-^ You’ve no idea how awesome is the second half going to be(you should read the novel after the anime finish/if you have spare time). Oh..and don’t forget to prepare a box of tissues just in case for the second half.

• December 30, 2011 at 11:16 amhikari

Oh, don’t forget that the uncut ep 11 of F/Z will be re-aired on the 2nd or 3rd of January on TokyoMX. I hope you’ll be covering it again divine if you’ve the time/or not too busy.

• January 1, 2012 at 8:45 pmJOKER

Yes we probably will get new OP and ED!

• January 2, 2012 at 3:44 ammikelink

someone please make a review of fate/prototype !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• April 8, 2012 at 11:29 amDa5id

FATE/TOP GUN.

• April 27, 2012 at 2:42 pmhow to get rid of thigh cellulite

Pretty component to content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to say that I acquire in fact loved account your weblog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you get admission to persistently fast.

• May 23, 2012 at 10:17 pmsource

I believe one of your advertisements triggered my web browser to resize, you might well want to place that on your blacklist.