Naruto 572 – Is This Headed Where I Think It Is? »« Naruto 570 – The Fist Bump that Will Shake the Entire Ninja World

Naruto 571 – Let Our Powers Combine!

Naruto Manga   571   01

“Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! He– Fox!” I’m willing to bet that I’m not only one who finished reading this chapter in about 30 seconds, as Naruto’s new Tailed Beast form was all kinds of awesome. His cloak is a particularly nice touch in memory of his father Minato, whom Kakashi mistook Naruto for in a “Yellow Flash” of light, as are the three 9′s on either side of his collar to signify that this is the Nine-Tails’ power. From head to toe, I’m really digging the new look, which pretty much replaces the need for Naruto’s tide-over form where he only had a fraction of Kurama’s power. He probably has more speed and definitely has more power, plus still has the luxury of creating a Sennin Mode clone for rod-pulling purposes. Overpowered much? I think so, but he is up against seemingly insurmountable odds even with B and the Eight-Tails’ help, and what we’re seeing here is intended to showcase exactly what Naruto and Kurama combined power, making “overpowered” but a mere afterthought.

This is a pivotal moment in the overall story, which I can confidently say has been built up over the entire 571 chapters that the manga has been serialized for, so it’s deserving of the utmost suspension of disbelief as far as I’m concerned. In fact, when I can barely contain my excitement, I say the more overboard they go the better. After all, it’s not like Kishimoto’s unaware of how absolutely insane and un-ninja-like he’s taking the battles in this series, given the bit of dialogue between Guy and Kakashi that he threw in, so if anything, I see it as a tribute of sorts to Dragon Ball creator Toriyama Akira whom he draws influences from. Naruto has excited my inner shounen fanaticism several times before, but seeing Naruto and Kurama working together has finally taken it to the level that some of my favorite moments in Dragon Ball Z did. It’s right up there with the very first time Goku turned Super Saiyajin against Freezer and the very first time Gohan turned Super Saiyajin 2 against Cell, when they took the fight back to the tyrant who was trying to destroy the world.

Naruto Manga   571   02

I don’t know if the Bijuu Dama clash will be drawn out like a Kamehameha one, but it does feel like Naruto is only a step away from taking its battles to galactic levels. I’m very curious to know if the cliffhanger will just end in a flash or if it’ll be a back and forth struggle, because the inner child in me would absolutely revel in a scenario where someone disrupts Tobi or the other Tailed Beasts long enough to give Naruto and Kurama an opening. See below for what I mean. Naruto is becoming too epic for words.

Show Videos ▼

January 25, 2012 at 3:00 pm
  • January 25, 2012 at 3:05 pmJustinnnnnn

Best moment in the chapter IMO:

Kakashi: “Se….Sensei?!?”

• January 25, 2012 at 3:17 pmShiden

For storyline purposes, maybe. The Destroy All Monsters reference has to be a close second, though.

• January 25, 2012 at 3:24 pmJustinnnnnn

Oh man those DBZ videos really took me back…

I completely agree with you Divine: I could almost say the more overpowered Naruto gets will not matter to me at this point…570+ chapters in and it’s damn time. Still, I trust Kishi will not make every fight a Bijuu-Dama (or Flash-Dama) fest, and have some other classic who-runs-out-of-chakra-first or who-has-the-best-strategy fights.

Actually, I think Naruto will get more overpowered, since the Kyuubi warned him they could only retain this transformation link for 5 minutes because it was their first time. I eagerly await when Naruto can effortlesly transform one limb into the Kyuubi’s, ala Bee’s style. I’m still torn between this Kyuubi’s looks and the original fox inside Naruto. It sure looks more flashy, but I’d like to see Kurama have some fresh air in the real world in its original form, as plain as it may look. Maybe this current state is a first stage, given how their transformation link is not strong enough…?

Sasuke is no match for him yet, methinkss. He’ll have to power up to Madara’s level…Then shit will get real!

• January 25, 2012 at 6:59 pmHojoJoe

The thing about Naruto v. DBZ, is that Naruto and DBZ are basically the same type of shounen manga, the big difference being that Naruto has a MUCH BETTER (i.e. slower/weaker/softer/smaller) “level up” curve. As ridiculously powerful as Naruto and Tobi may seem right now, to compare the scale of their abilities to DBZ, they’re still hovering around Saiyajin saga-level power–and just barely, too.

Which is great, because this means that Kishimoto has the ability to extend the manga far beyond the current arc w/ the power of the characters continuing to increase without reaching Buu-saga level abusrdity for a very, very long time.

Personally, I hope he goes that route. I’d hate for the manga to end after this arc. I’d be fine with dropping Naruto as the protagonist once all of his stories are wrapped up, but I can’t imagine the manga ending totally.

• January 26, 2012 at 5:08 pmomeganx

The problem with that Joe, is when i first started naruto, i expected some type of NINJA-ish style throughout the whole series
        (other than saying “ninja art!/ Ninpo!”).
        I don’t know why they call themselves ninjas/shinobis anymore. In the very beginning they taught the viewers about how ninjas must stay hidden in the shadows and stealth. But somewhere along the lines it just got forgotten.
        Yes the curve may be different but the scale is about the same when u compare young goku to ssj4 goku and young naruto to kyubbi/toad/w.e naruto.
        Im not hating on it, IM just saying it totally goes to bed with dbz every night. Still cool.

• January 25, 2012 at 3:08 pmSlee

Truly Epic.

• January 25, 2012 at 3:08 pmSkins Thunderbomb

HAPPINESS!

This chapter was epic. *_* Kurama, you tsundere. <3

• January 25, 2012 at 5:12 pmByakusei

*Kurama blushes* Its our first time so I can only last 5 minutes okay.

• January 25, 2012 at 5:35 pmSkins Thunderbomb

Naruto: I promise I’ll be gentle.

• January 26, 2012 at 4:43 amSintrino

Guy: Uh..That thing is..absolutely GIGANTIC…!!!

• January 25, 2012 at 3:14 pmMaimeDaifuku

I reread this chapter so many times just because of how epic it was

• January 25, 2012 at 7:16 pmKarmafan

I dunno about everyone else but I for one cannot wait until this chapter gets animated. I don’t think the manga can truly show the epicness we are going to see.

• January 25, 2012 at 8:33 pmMaimeDaifuku

Ditto. It was like when Naruto finally snapped when Hinata almost died

• January 25, 2012 at 11:14 pmSetsunai

Lets only hope that it won’t be animated like the pain fight

• January 26, 2012 at 1:31 amHojoJoe

Have you watched the anime lately? It’s really insufferable. And I’m not talking about the filler. I just tried watching through the 5 Kage Summit anime arc… it was 30% flashbacks from previous arcs, and 60% flashbacks from the current arc. So… very… padded….

• January 26, 2012 at 12:04 amRyudo

Lol seriously. That was some real terrible animation.

• January 26, 2012 at 12:05 amRyudo

By now I’d say they learned from their mistake though and won’t use that same animation as the Pain battle..

• January 25, 2012 at 3:20 pmOhnam

This manga just gets better and better. Kishi story telling is at its best right now.

• January 25, 2012 at 9:14 pmKarmafan

It gets better as Bleach gets worse. This past fullbring snorefest was the worst arc in the series. Only good thing that came out of it was Riruka.

Hopefully Kubo sees how amazing Naruto has been and steps up his game for the next arc. Competition in Bakuman works wonders to help the artists grow, maybe it can work with Bleach too.

• January 25, 2012 at 3:22 pmBass.EXE

Naruto’s new form is rather interesting. I love the new look, but why is Naruto’s fox form seemingly made out of chakra while the others’ respective forms are much more physical? My only explanation is that Naruto and Kurama haven’t really trained together or anything.

And thanks so much for the Dragon Ball videos. A giant, nostalgic smile is pasted on my face.

• January 25, 2012 at 3:27 pmJustinnnnnn

Maybe it’s because it’s not the real real Kyuubi, but Naruto’s cloak shaped as the fox? Gai and Kakashi did wonder how they were apparently standing on the 9-Tail’s chakra. Plus, this ‘fox’ does have Naruto’s cloak’s characteristic features.

• January 25, 2012 at 5:00 pmSkins Thunderbomb

Kurama states that the form is ‘far from perfect’, so I would hazard a guess that the ‘perfect’ form would be a solid bijuu transformation. :)

• January 25, 2012 at 7:46 pmrand0mly

I think it might have something to do with the fact that Yondaime only sealed half of Kyuubi—sorry—KURAMA’s chakra into Naruto… the yin half, if I remember correctly. Maybe without the yang, Kurama is unable to fully materialize? That, or maybe Naruto has achieved a level of symbiosis with Kurama that surpasses Hachibi’s with B?

…Or maybe they’ll blame it on Naruto’s seal being special, or something or another like that.

• January 26, 2012 at 8:05 amTez

I think it has to do with the fact the tailed beast all represent a particular element, while Kurama represents pure chakra.

• January 25, 2012 at 3:22 pmMania Lyssa

So is the 5 minute limit for the full bijuu transformation or the true version of Naruto’s Nine-Tails Chakra Mode?

If just for the transformation, how is Tobi gonna face Naruto who is moving at “Flying Thunder God” speed?!

• January 25, 2012 at 3:23 pmCarVac

I think that the 9′s are actually tomoe, like the Rikudo Sennin necklace of them he had before or like in the Sharingan. Not that their similarity to the numeral 9 is anything bad.

• January 25, 2012 at 3:29 pmDivine

I was thinking the same thing at first, so it could very well be tomoe that are cleverly placed to look like 9′s. It’s worth noting that they’re not mirrored on the other side of Naruto’s collar, meaning they look like 9′s from both sides.

• January 25, 2012 at 3:24 pmElroy

Great, now you got me singing the Captain Planet theme song.
    Epic chapter. That’s all I gotta say.

• January 25, 2012 at 3:41 pmPera

I have read this manga and watched this anime in many years now, and it’s the only tv-show or anime I never grow tired of!
    I just love everything about Naruto! The characters, the story, the world they live in and all the other stuff’s.
    Something I wish they could have bringed back is the hands sign’s. I really miss watching them!

• January 25, 2012 at 3:42 pmjingoi

These un-ninja-like battles are good but I want to see more Shikamaru fights.
    Protect the village or I’ll F**KING KILL YOU!!!!

• January 25, 2012 at 3:58 pmKRILL

I should have watched this with Sorairo Days playing in the background. I’m waiting for Naruto and the other tailed beasts to start throwing galaxies at eachother… I love it.

• January 25, 2012 at 4:32 pmNanashi

Seems that Naruto’s new form is the analogue to Sasuke’s Susanoo form. Most likely intentional that we can’t have a giant fox with Naruto speaking as if he was the fox itself (sort of like the other bijuu).

Looking forward to the eventual Susanoo vs 9 tails form, however if the battles and stories are drawn out much further, there will be an arc where Naruto will lose Kurama and have to somehow get him back.

• January 25, 2012 at 4:54 pmAkuma08

This makes me wonder how epic a sasuke vs naruto battle will be in the future chapters

• January 25, 2012 at 5:34 pmKentaiyoshimi

So, any bets on how many chapters these 5 minutes will last?
    Although given the current storytelling, I don’t think this will be much of an issue.

• January 25, 2012 at 6:06 pmDa5id

Well it took me a minute to read the whole thing. And then another minute to realize that the next chapter wasn’t here yet. And then another to question why it wasn’t here yet. So based on THAT…

…I have no idea.

• January 25, 2012 at 6:29 pmMasterDragonKnight

Well, they are not on Namek, so the five minutes should proceed more quickly. XD

• January 25, 2012 at 5:53 pmRandomRam

My favourite part of the new transformation would have to be the giant circles in his outfit. It used to be spirals showing how kurama (the kyuubi) is still sealed. Now being giant black circles it symbolises how he is free :) (sort of… :P)

• January 25, 2012 at 6:05 pmKenshin

Can’t wait to see this in color/anime. I was playing Naruto soundtrack when I was reading this chapter; didn’t even finish one song. I bet they destroyed half of the ninja world with that explosion. Those scenes would make great wallpapers on the desktop.

• January 25, 2012 at 6:05 pmDa5id

ALL OF MY YES.

• January 25, 2012 at 6:47 pmActene

When the time finally comes for the Naruto/Sasuke throw down I’ve been waiting for, the epicness will have no choice but to tear the house down around me. With occasional lapses, Naruto has grown as a character so much since the Kage Summit arc and has risen in my estimation to rival even Kakashi and Sasuke as one of my favorite characters in the franchise.

• January 25, 2012 at 6:57 pmDa5id

I’m actually pretty sure it’s gonna suck again the moment Sasuke comes back on panel.

Seriously, he’s just a whiny bastard now, no real reason to be evil now that he knows Itachi killed people for the sake of Konoha.

• January 25, 2012 at 7:30 pm0927123

Let the thumb-down rain but I agree with you Da5id!

• January 25, 2012 at 7:39 pmrand0mly

Agreed. I was happier when Sasulky was hidden away in the dark corner of a hideout, where he belongs.

• January 25, 2012 at 8:14 pmDa5id

Then thumb up me, dammit! Everyone knows thumbs up are the only ways to gain respect and influence on an animeblog!

• January 25, 2012 at 6:54 pmKelvin

I’m calling it now: this arc will end with Madara/Toby reviving the ten-tails, whom Sasuke will help Naruto kill at the cost of his own life. The ten-tails will spend its last moments revealing that it is actually an extra-terrestrial, sent to the planet to conquer it decades ago, and sends a message to it’s home.

Naruto & co. then build a space ship and travel to the stars in an attempt to investigate the strange “space tyrant” responsible for sending the juubi to Earth.

• January 28, 2012 at 5:14 pmSOSAnimeBoy

space tyrant = anti-spiral

• January 25, 2012 at 7:17 pmAlex4life

I gotta say, despite reservations I think ill start watching naruto again after several years of not watching. It’s just been getting consistently better and better.

Looking forward to this getting animated.

• January 25, 2012 at 7:38 pmJustinnnnnn

I must be one of the few that still watches the anime. It’s always worth it when the week’s episode has awesome animation/direction for a change.

Just so you know, the anime is currently when Naruto fights against the Kyuubi to obtain the Kyuubi Mode training with Bee (ironic?).

Last week’s episode was pretty good, and next episode Naruto’s mother will be introduced. Both of these episodes seem to have as good animation as it can get…Good stuff!

• January 25, 2012 at 7:36 pmrand0mly

I AM SO EXCITED, I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MYSELF. I haven’t been this excited reading Naruto since I was thirteen, tearing through the pages during the Chuunin exam fight with Gaara. I’m completely thrilled with the advancements the manga has made recently; Kishi has really hit his stride, and I really feel as if Naruto has only gained momentum with time (unlike another shounen manga that’s been in a multiple-year decline… coughbleachcough). I love how you mentioned how reading this made you feel like a kid again, Divine, since that’s totally how I felt too. I literally got goosebumps reading that chapter, so who cares if Naruto’s completely overpowered now? It’s SO much fun to read, and it’s about damn time he reached galactic power levels too.

• January 25, 2012 at 7:54 pmL002

I my goodness. Just how strong the 9 tails was before his power was cut in half. It’s REALLY hard to say if that cloak would give a good amount of needed protection, cause I see a huge tsunami of charka going off.

• January 25, 2012 at 8:42 pmderp…

This was cool and all. This arc really picked up after stupid stuff like work powered sealing jars.
    But…does anyone remember when this manga was about ninjas?

• January 25, 2012 at 8:57 pmn30nL16HT

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

this chapter was really epic, before I knew it, I had already spent half a day rereading it!
    THANKS Kishi for making the MANGA ITSELF, life just became so much better reading your works!

Naruto being stuffed with this much POWER BUFFS makes sooo much more sense to me than sasuke and his Susanoo. I mean itachi is even more likeable (2nd best after naruto, MP) given the fact that he is a pacifist who uses strategy rather than AMETARASU here, SUSANOO there, Mangekyou here, Curse Seal there, non nonsensical PLOT ARMOR everywhere! sheesh! aw thats just me though.

• January 25, 2012 at 9:02 pmn30nL16HT

double “non” there sorry bout that… :D

• January 25, 2012 at 8:57 pmDa5id

Ah, man! The DBZ clips aren’t dubbed and using the American soundtrack! What kind of tomfoolery is this?!

• January 25, 2012 at 10:47 pmgildartz

Freaking awsome chapter can’t wait for the next .

• January 25, 2012 at 10:52 pm4piece

I wonder what kishi thinking of doing sasuke now .

• January 25, 2012 at 11:28 pmDa5id

Killed off screen by Sakura. SO I COMMAND IT.

• January 25, 2012 at 11:59 pmAidenson

Comparing it to DBZ is kind of a stretch. It can be compared more to Bleach pertaining to how advancement is gained from having a better understanding of the power you already have hidden. Naruto became stronger after having a better understanding of Kurama and learning new techniques to expand his abilities, not hard work through physical training.

The formula with Naruto’s rise to power seems more natural. We discover the layers peel away using the kyuubi, the training from Kakashi, then Jiraiya, then from the frog and finally Bee. Another part of the formula is revealing Naruto’s heritage as being the son of the forth. Seeing that its destiny kinda takes the fun out of it for me. Son Goku rise to power was basically a fluke of circumstances. A fight to exist against all odds. I can talk about the similarities and differences for hours but i will end it here.

• January 26, 2012 at 2:05 amDivine

I’m comparing them in terms of personal excitement, not advancement.

• January 26, 2012 at 2:40 pmAidenson

The fast pace and magnitude of attacks, the questions of survival and measuring up, the sideline commentaries of spectators were once important but now obsolete; i do agree that is so DBZ like.

• January 26, 2012 at 12:00 amJin

Naruto’s power level is over 9000!

On a side note, Naruto’s 9 tails cloak + sennin mode radar seems to counter Sasuke’s susanoo + sharingan.

• January 26, 2012 at 9:10 pmPockyG

Gai: “Kakashi! What does your Sharingan say about his chakara level?”
      Kakashi: “It’s over Nine Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaails!”
      Gai: “What Nine Tails!?”

• January 26, 2012 at 1:13 amRockmanshii

OOoh! Didn’t see the DBZ vids the first time I read the post. Too awesome for words indeed.

• January 26, 2012 at 1:16 amLaughingMan

I’m more of a Bleach fan, but I still read Naruto from time to time. I have to admit that this was one hell of a chapter. Kishimoto went all out with this chapter and has given us one of the most exciting climaxes of an arc that I’ve seen. Hopefully this will motivate Kubo to write a much more explosive story with his new upcoming and final arc to Bleach.

• January 26, 2012 at 3:36 amHakumeiJin

It was pretty interesting how Madara was so sure he could still kill Naruto easily if he didn’t have to take him alive.

• January 26, 2012 at 5:24 am0927123

He was still pretty calm, meaning he has still some hax hidden inside him. Don’t tell it’s also “just as planned” by Tobi.

• January 26, 2012 at 4:16 amkoke itta

hehehe naruto manga very best worthful to reading after dragonball & dragon quest….but i very disppointed watch naruto anime because the anime very slow n short…you all can compare to watching bleach anime or naruto anime from aspect timing hahaha hehehe…i think better naruto anime work under SUNRISE…n the story might be fast n not too long(plus another weird story make you irriate and annoye) hahaha…;p

• January 26, 2012 at 6:46 amflCer

And to compound this excitement, I bet Sasuke will jump in next chapter with his new eyes.

• January 26, 2012 at 8:42 amOtakuBrawler

So can we say that Naruto has just reached Super Saiyan 2? With sage mode being the Kaio-ken, and the previous one sided absorbing fox chakara being the Super Saiyan.

• January 26, 2012 at 12:11 pmMasterDragonKnight

Considering the instability of the form coupled with the time limit, I would say he has already hit Super Saiyan 3. Also, if you think of the chakra cape as the extended hair.

• January 27, 2012 at 10:37 amOtakuBrawler

True but I feel there might me one more power left for Naruto and that might be the true SS3

• January 30, 2012 at 4:06 amKrypter

Chakra cloak Kao-ken. Four tails, super sayin, 8 tailed form Ultimate Super Sayin. Sage SS2, first cloak SS3 this cloak SS4

• January 26, 2012 at 2:53 pmsakura

i’m suprise naruto got to work with him, i never expect that ever since beginnging of manga

• January 26, 2012 at 3:29 pmEri

Total WIN!!!

I see what you mean in comparison to DbZ!

I was also a huge fan back in my preparatory and gradeschool years! I especially enjoyed Gohan and Cell’s epic battle! It only seems like yesterday.

Now this is why I love reading Shounen manga!

Thanks for the awesome insights!

*revived*

• January 26, 2012 at 3:51 pmRyan

It must suck to be the hachibi, it really looks like hes the least mobile of all the tail beasts.

anyway, after seeing how rigged those dam sharingans and rinnigans are, I’m not surprised by the 9 tails, its expected. I’m still way more annoyed about how rigged just having those eyes are.

• January 26, 2012 at 4:02 pmTuK SuM BuM

this chapter was awesome. The new form is amazing.
    anyone watched the latest episode of naruto shippudden anime? T_T beautiful!!
    first time in a long while that I liked a naruto chapter and an anime episode in the same week :D

• January 27, 2012 at 4:10 amDamrod

If Kurama his imperfect byuu-dama wins against the one from 5 byuu’s combined, then the power-balance is more screwed up than before.
    The clip with broly is funny too, that huge orb of destruction is being slowed by such a tiny beam in comparison ^_^ .

• January 27, 2012 at 6:24 amYukie

I can’t wait for next week!

• January 27, 2012 at 8:36 amJussyX3

same here also sorry for the late response to this new chapter of the great naruto series and that is because this is a new website to me X3 so please don tbe mean to me X3

• January 28, 2012 at 3:57 pmzzzz

OMG DBZ reference FTW … good memories

• January 28, 2012 at 5:39 pmCroos

hmmm, Masashi Kishimoto must have waited for one piece 2 years time skip and fishman island to finish so that he can release this chapter. The more people appreciating a top manga the more excitement transfer goes to it. I mean if one piece and naruto were to have the same level of excitement, the sales would sway 50-50.

• January 29, 2012 at 9:33 amAlex dino

I love the fact that when Kishi copies from DBZ it’s “cool and “epic” but when Kubo does it, everyone goes apeshit.