Senki Zesshou Symphogear – 07 »« Senki Zesshou Symphogear – 05

Senki Zesshou Symphogear – 06

Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   01 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   02 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   03
Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   04 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   05 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   06
Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   07 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   08 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   09
Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   10 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   11 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   12
Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   13 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   14 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   15
Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   16 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   17 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   18
Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   19 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   20 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   21
Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   22 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   23 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   24
Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   25 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   26 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   27
Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   28 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   29 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   30
Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   31 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   32 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   33
Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   34 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   35 Senki Zesshou Symphogear   06   36

「兆しの行方は」 (Kizashi no Yukue wa)
“Where the Signs Lead”

As the animosity between Kurisu and Hibiki continues to grow, somehow Miku’s worries about constantly being blown off seem to trump it. However, it’s taken Symphogear in a very welcome direction with the conflicts being less about the Noise and more about the characters themselves, especially in conjunction with the whole conspiracy involving Ryouko and “Finne”. With the death of Defense Minister Hiroki and Genjuurou already wary of American infiltration under his successor, the story really opens up to numerous possibilities — some of which could even involved the takeover of their division.

While ominous, the thought of that looming over my head does make Hibiki’s endeavors a lot more meaningful to watch, as she was surprisingly quick to get into Tsubasa’s good books after the latter’s near-death experience. That actually came about a lot sooner than I was hoping, but it does work well as a “calm before the storm” type moment seeing Tsubasa finally accepting Hibiki as someone who has something to protect and not just a painful reminder of Kanade since I can only really see things get more complicated hereon in. I presume that Genjuurou is more on top of things than he seems, judging from the works that Shinji’s doing, but we probably won’t find out if that’s the case until Ryouko’s exposed as a double agent. Admittedly, I’m not so sure if Ryouko and Finne are the same person anymore, as there was no concept of time between the pre-opening portion of the episode and the sight of Ryouko at the base, but my growing suspicion is that they are since Finne isn’t credited as a separate character. However, one or two antagonist doesn’t change the fact that we have an actual antagonist now, along with further indication that Kurisu is just being manipulated out of fear of being alone again.

With the way things were going and Hibiki hilarious belting out all her personal info to try and reason with Kurisu, I actually thought that the Nehushtan would open up to the idea that there are greener pastures out there than a life with Finne. In retrospect, I’m kind of glad she didn’t come around right away, because Kurisu’ jealousy is serving as the only real conflict on the Symphogear side of things. What’s more, it was pretty cool watching Hibiki’s first fight with her new resolve, as she awakened a bit of her Armed Gear and really gave it to Kurisu. It looks like like Hibiki’s still a ways away from getting cool comic-book like still frames for her attacks, but I’d imagine it’s only a matter of time before she starts whipping out some of moves we saw Kanade perform. For now, all eyes are on Miku though. I’ve been quite indifferent about her character because I don’t really see what she adds to the story as another “main” heroine, so hopefully I’ll find out soon enough. I would imagine she’d support Hibiki after learning in style what her friend’s been up to, but I don’t see her suiting up in a Symphogear herself. (I sure wouldn’t be opposed to seeing that though.)

* Full-length images: 01, 04, 14, 18, 24, 26, 27, 29.

February 11, 2012 at 7:10 pm
  • February 11, 2012 at 7:29 pmUnknownSoldier

So I seem to get interested in the oddest things. When they sing their little song to put on the symphogear, what language is it?

The only word I recognize is ‘Gungnir’, and since historically that’s Odin’s spear I’m assuming the language is Old Norse. Wouldn’t match up with the relics the others are using though.

• February 11, 2012 at 10:38 pmFencedude

Hymmnos

Actually, its a number of things, latin, some old norse, maybe some others as well.

• February 12, 2012 at 2:20 amGermanguy

Well, Ar Tonelico used Hymos Language. It was created for the Game. It was a Mix of many Language. So, i think here is it too. Just thing as Ancient Race Crystal Empower Waves

Like the Ancient Language the Humankind heaved in Ancient Times

• February 13, 2012 at 6:44 amDelwack

When I first heard those songs my first thought was ‘Hymmnos’ too. In all seriousness though, it probably is a conlang of some type, though if it’s well developed or was just thrown together at the spur of the moment is something we don’t know.

• February 11, 2012 at 7:36 pminuyumi

YA QUIERO VER ESTE EPIISIODIO :3

• February 11, 2012 at 7:52 pmSeishun Otoko

I’m somewhat surprise to see Tsubasa warming up to Hibiki so quickly too but hey, I’m not complaining as long as we see Tsubasa back in action again soon.
    I’ve always been interested in Hibiki’s “special” freindship with Miku and apparently, they share more than just the bed ;)

• February 12, 2012 at 2:21 amGermanguy

Nearly Death experience, can change your Character that strong. Perhaps She saw what really is important for Her.

• February 12, 2012 at 3:16 amJay

Will this be the time that we can see that scene from the OP when Tsubasa teams up with Hibiki for a tag team?

• February 11, 2012 at 8:12 pmMR.KLAC

looking at whole Ryouko and “Finne” here guess

1.evil twin
    2.clone
    3.lookalike
    4.your mama but look same
    5.same person but identity personality take over
    6.brainwash/mind control

yea so guessing for now on it wait mid ep point.

• February 12, 2012 at 2:10 amJay

*excludes 4*
      Those might be one of those endless possibilities.

Meanwhile, Hibiki telling Chris her Curriculum Vitae = Now I know that she’s a Virgo if she was alive IRL. In other news, I have to be a cook to be her waifu.

• February 12, 2012 at 2:23 amGermanguy

Oh, no one noticed the “Big” Little Hint of the Writes?

Okay, i am pointing the finger to the Scene where she left a Lipstick Mark on the Cup.. Has it not a deep meaning?

• February 12, 2012 at 2:26 amGermanguy

And if She is really the Both Ones. Then Her aim is easy. She wants Durandal back in Action. On the Good Side or Bad side, that depends on the Storyline

• February 12, 2012 at 2:50 amJay

Indeed, sir. Indeed.

• February 12, 2012 at 3:06 amlaaa

I think it do not matter so much as the goal is clear they just want to enjoy it like mad scientists look how their creations work => well thats how it looked on prewious episode

what is the real question- if she is making noise too?

• February 11, 2012 at 8:17 pmfragb85

Hibiki and Tsubasa seem to be getting along pretty well considering the latter tried to outright murder the former. Well, the less angst the better, I can’t wait to see them teamup now.

I just love how Hibiki is getting even more badass with each episode. She was practically channeling Nanoha now, trying to negotiate with Chris then proceeding to DESTROYING her when she got rejected.

And Miku finally knows Hibiki’s secret so more interesting stuff to come. I’m glad to have stuck with this show, its at least getting more exciting.

• February 11, 2012 at 8:18 pmMyna

Hibki’s slight awakening of the armed gear = Kaaaaaamaaaaaay haaaamaaaayyyy….

• February 11, 2012 at 9:01 pmxephx

Kind of funny how Hibiki tried her hand at Befriending Chris. I’m glad that Miku knows the truth now, especially since it seemed like they were just going to make her think that Hibiki was “cheating” on her.

Also glad Tsubasa isn’t so angry anymore.

• February 11, 2012 at 9:05 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Tsubasa being so untidy, lol.

• February 11, 2012 at 9:21 pmasda

FALCON PUUUNCH!!

• February 11, 2012 at 10:00 pmFencedude

One interesting thing is that normally Miku would be leading the “gonna die” list, but we know for a fact that she survives. So she doesn’t exist, like oh so many female love interests have, solely to die and motivate the main character.

I doubt she will ever become a Symphogear, but I think she will be important to the plot…somehow.

And Chris needs a befriending, badly.

• February 12, 2012 at 1:11 pmDusk

I actually have a theory on the final arc, which involves Miku. It goes like this: An injured Miku is on the verge of dying, but is saved by Hibiki who trades her own life in return for Miku’s, perhaps in the form of an organ transplant or a song that transfers lifeforce. That, in turn, would also transfer Hibiki’s source of power to Miku, allowing Miku to gear up and continue the fight against the Noise in Hibiki’s stead for the future.

This train of thought comes from her name, Miku, which means “future”.

• February 11, 2012 at 10:03 pmNozsho

I think we found what a REAL ‘Twice Critical’ resides :P

• February 12, 2012 at 1:27 amPtolemaios00

Tsubasa, dere-side activate!

• February 12, 2012 at 1:49 amricz

Tsubasa is really lovely whenever she’s “tsunder-ing”

• February 12, 2012 at 2:14 amJay

I was not fully aware of Tsubasa doing that, though she’s changing to what has become your typical moe mahou shoujo (or is it?)

• February 12, 2012 at 6:42 amWuz

*Tsubasa flustering*
    My Tsubasa can’t be this cute.

• February 12, 2012 at 7:42 amAex

Chris and Tsubasa can be as cute and tsundere as they want, I still want Miku to get more screentime. Not that I wasn’t loving them too, especially Tsubasa’s 100% less angsty self, but Miku is a girl that seriously needs a hug! Then again, Chris needs one pretty badly too… and Tsubasa was pretty cute with that whole “messy-side”… but… but…

Oh screw it, Hibiki should just take them all!! XD

• February 12, 2012 at 12:57 pmsuff

This Hibiki is reminding me more of Shirou from FSN by the minute.

• February 12, 2012 at 1:17 pmDusk

Guys, I need your unbiased opinions. Is it me, or does purple really suits Hibiki? :p

• February 12, 2012 at 1:53 pmItachizame

i think its a little too bright

• February 12, 2012 at 6:36 pmAex

I’m sure as hell not complaining!

• February 12, 2012 at 11:28 pmJay

I think yes… or was I color-blind?

• February 12, 2012 at 8:04 pmc2710

the fight between chris and hibiki felt like nanoha trying to connect with fate

• February 12, 2012 at 9:12 pmdeafvader

Tsubasa personality change is unrealistic.

Someone answer me: Why is chris not singing? Only Hibiki? Chris is a Gungri too right? A bad one but Gungri none the less

• February 12, 2012 at 9:26 pmfragb85

Gungri? Don’t you mean Gungir? Chris isn’t Gungir, her symphogear is Nehustan. Gungir is the symphogear of Hibiki and her predecessor Kanade.

• February 12, 2012 at 11:30 pmJay

To answer your question regarding Chris not singing, the only thing I can refer to you id the ED. Above that, I have no idea.

Guys, you have any ideas why?

• February 13, 2012 at 12:39 amdeafvader

So the trigger of Nehustan is? It is not singing but shouting offensive insults?

• February 13, 2012 at 8:15 amAex

Isn’t Nehustan a complete artifact, not just a shard like Tsubasa’s and Hibiki’s? They mentioned in ep 1 or 2 that complete artifacts only need to be initialized, then you don’t need the singing(forget the term) to make it work. I doubt anyone could just slap it on, but it’s a lot less picky than Gungnir.

• February 13, 2012 at 10:01 amGermanguy

The Trigger of the Armor? Nanomachines

Proof? Just see the Battle with Tsubasa. When She lies on the ground after her “Swan Song” Attack.. There is a closeup to the “Holes” in her Armor, so we can see her Skin.. And.. there are some movements…

So, she dont need to Sing.

• February 13, 2012 at 10:03 amGermanguy

..and if i understand a Subtitle. Nehustan was Original Tsubasas Armor. But got somehow Stolen from her. Tsubasa was also trained from Child, to wear some Day Durandal.

These are not Spoilers, these Infos leaked in the previous Episodes.

• February 13, 2012 at 10:06 amGermanguy

My Infos comes all from Episode 4. The Battle they have.. And a bit episode 3

• February 17, 2012 at 11:00 amGermanguy

Btw, Symphogear 07. All i say is “Xenosaga” KOS-MOS vibes:)