Haiyore! Nyaruko-san – 12 (END) »« Haiyore! Nyaruko-san – 01

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san – 02

Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   01 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   02 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   03
Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   04 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   05 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   06
Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   07 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   08 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   09
Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   10 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   11 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   12
Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   13 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   14 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   15
Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   16 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   17 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   18
Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   19 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   20 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   21
Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   22 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   23 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   24
Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   25 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   26 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   27
Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   28 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   29 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   30
Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   31 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   32 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   33
Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   34 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   35 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   36

「さようならニャル子さん」 (Sayōnara Nyaruko-san)
“Goodbye, Nyaruko”

Where the hell do I start?! Nyaruko is all over the place! It’s been awhile since I’ve seen anything this chaotic. It’s very easy to draw comparisons with another of my favorite franchises, Hayate no Gotoku S1, because of its liberal use of parodies. From what I saw, we get another helping of Gundam references as well as nods to Stars Wars and One Piece.

Mahiro suggests taking the fight to his pursuers so Nyaruko proceeds to take him to the R’lyeh. This might freak out anyone who is familiar with the Cthulhu Mythos since it is the island that imprisons Cthulhu. Of course, when we get there, the island is nothing but a theme park. Thank goodness everything is cute and seemingly harmless in this version of the Mythos.

We are finally introduced to Nodens (Shimada Bin) and Cthuko (a.k.a Kuuko voiced by Matsuki Miyu). Kuuko is a pretty funny character. While her race is mortal enemies with Nyarlotephians, she can’t help but love Nyaruko. Her character was pretty funny in the ONA and I have a feeling people are going to love her almost emotionless personality and what it will bring to the show. I sense Kuuko and Mahiro clashing a little bit in the future (hopefully for our enjoyment).

I pretty much fell over when I heard the reason why Nodens was after Mahiro. It was all just for him to play a role in a BL TV drama.

It’s funny how the Space CQC text pretty much spelled out that anything can be called close quarters. Ironically, Kuuko’s weapons are anything but close quarters. The whole battle reminded me of many past Gundam battles (without the suits of course!).

I definitely feel trolled after we started to get to what I thought was going to be plot. The whole “goodbye” part was really well done too but it’s pretty obvious that she wasn’t going anywhere. What makes the whole thing wackier is that Nyaruko was killing the Nightgaunts even though they were only trying to get Mahiro because of the TV show. Then again, I shouldn’t be surprised since she’s a sadistic deity and the show is based on Lovecraft which is strange by itself.

Notes:
* Full-length images: 03, 06, 13, 16, 19, 26, 30, 32, 36

Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   Preview 01 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   Preview 02 Haiyore Nyaruko san   02   Preview 03
April 18, 2012 at 5:27 pm
  • April 18, 2012 at 5:29 pmCybersteel

Too much moe parody… Can’t take it anymore…

• April 18, 2012 at 5:29 pmJif

Yeah, forget plot, that was hot.

• April 18, 2012 at 5:40 pmCroos

Unlisted, what would you do if Nyaruko did leave in this episode for real and didn’t do those comedy comebacks?
    How would you react it in your writing?

• April 18, 2012 at 5:40 pmunlisted

It wouldn’t be possible :P

• April 18, 2012 at 5:47 pmCybersteel

Cybersteel pushes Croos into the v0id.

• April 18, 2012 at 5:49 pmv0id

Yummy! That’s what you get Croos for annoying Nyaruko. There are over 9000! bodies here and Croos is all of them.

• April 19, 2012 at 4:09 amPhoenix-Crest

over 9000? Now I get the feeling a DBZ reference will get thrown in this anime somewhere xD

• April 18, 2012 at 8:36 pmThe Moondoggie

@Cyber

Didin’t Croos won the “10001st body inside the V0id” award already?

@unisted

Nice post. I kinda disagree about the freakout thing though: it’s very easy to see and play with the Cthulhu Mythos with comedy, done by writers in the past, like “The Shoggoth on the roof”.

• April 19, 2012 at 1:38 amCybersteel

I can stop thinking about tentacles when I watch this show. I kinda expect some to be there considering she’s a Love-craft entity.

• April 18, 2012 at 6:03 pmZaku Fan

Great episode. Nodens showing up as some manly powerful character and retreating as a shy, emotional hurt character was amusing.

So as long as you think its CQC, its CQC. Great words from their textbook

• April 18, 2012 at 6:11 pmfragb85

Only Japan can make Lovecraft hilarious. But then again they also made Lovecraft mythos into an awesome Super Robot with Demonbane so I shouldn’t be surprised.

• April 18, 2012 at 6:18 pmPhosphatide

You forgot the greatness that are the Kamen Rider parodies this week. V3 for the win.

• April 19, 2012 at 2:02 amgecd

the highlight is Den O’s ore sanjou, I think

• April 18, 2012 at 6:29 pmIzzard

Was that a Scryed reference when Nyarlko punched Nodens (that Final Bullet thing)?

• April 18, 2012 at 6:41 pmKyzel

Adigo! Zigg Mack! Gando Rowa! This time around her yelps are from Ideon. God I love some of these references. His purity is more important than his safety it seems. Man, I’m loving this show more than I should… must be the Space QCQ (Funnels are DEFINITELY QCQ right?) I think I should stop now, I could keep going for another hour linking stuff =_=

• April 18, 2012 at 8:08 pmMagewolf

Big O as well,Ye not guilty and the city of amnesia.And of course since funnels are an all range attack they can be CQC just as well as long range.

• April 18, 2012 at 6:50 pmmac65

This is weird enough to keep watching! I love her scruples about things.

Very funny so far…

• April 18, 2012 at 7:11 pmricz

I lost all my energy after watching this one

• April 18, 2012 at 8:16 pmJ-Luke

It looks like she has a dislocated collarbone here…
    Yuri Cthuko is win.

• April 18, 2012 at 8:29 pmskylion

If you are a fan of the Mythos, then Ry’lth takes on mythical proportions. Elvis fans have Graceland, Kids have Disneyland, and various and assorted have the biggest ball of twine in Iowa. Ry’lth. Fans put so much importance on it, it makes since that this show makes it a theme park.

My goodness, that thirty second sequence alone packed more Mythos parody than I ever thought possible. And all through insane monologue. Innsmouth-kun is a Deep One, and in the next cut they had a Deep One wearing a freakin Innsmouth-kun mask.

I nearly had a hernia from LOL.

But that just wasn’t enough. They had to pack the yuri heat.

The best anime this season?

• April 18, 2012 at 10:30 pmRDF2050

@The best anime this season?

If and only if Fate/Zero wasn’t in this season ;)

• April 18, 2012 at 11:15 pmhaseo0408

You heard that? That was H.P. Lovecraft having another heart attack because of this show, well bear wit it, this is just to dengerously funny to stop now.

• April 18, 2012 at 11:27 pmhaseo0408

[T]he nightmare corpse-city of R’lyeh [...] was built in measureless eons behind history by the vast, loathsome shapes that seeped down from the dark stars. There lay great Cthulhu and his hordes, hidden in green slimy vaults [...] until the end.
    —H. P. Lovecraft, “The Call of Cthulhu”

You have this glorious text describing a city that will make Silent Hill look like a fairy land and what we get is a theme park, my jaw drop for 2 minutes before I could recover from the shock. Not that I´m complaining though.

• April 19, 2012 at 12:06 amMaximilian

Btw, you are forgetting Macross Frontier references. “Do you remember our love?”, one of the songs’ name; and of course when she said “Ginga no hate made” in that context, that was just too hilarious.

• April 19, 2012 at 10:36 amXellos^_-

That is a Macross Ref not a Macross Frontier ref. Macross, Do You Remember Love, is the movie summary of the original Macross TV. 20+ yrs but the animation is still better 99% of todays anime.

• April 19, 2012 at 1:51 amDP

Series reminds me a bit of Excel Saga.

I enjoyed the original Gundam parody with the telepathy-controlled beam guns

• April 19, 2012 at 2:04 amSingerOfW

I guess those JoJo references were too obvious to mention.

“Temee wa ore wo okoraseta.”

• April 19, 2012 at 4:08 amEspada

(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!

(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!

(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!

テテテロテン♪ \(・ω・)/Let’s にゃー!

• April 19, 2012 at 4:08 amMian

First, universe CQC then universe kindergarten and primary school….So, that how it goes in outer-space…

• April 19, 2012 at 5:11 amWibnice

Does anybody know what that little white cloud/manta ray thing supposed to be?

• April 19, 2012 at 5:14 amCybersteel

Kyuuby

• April 19, 2012 at 5:25 amskylion

Since Kuku is seen holding one in both the OP and ED, I am assuming it’s connected to Cthugga somehow. It might be Fthugga, a high priest of Cthugga, or it could be one of the Fire Vampires. The little critter in the anime doesn’t look like either description, but then since when did the Crawling Chaos ever get described as moe?

• April 29, 2012 at 6:36 pmIncognito

That “little white cloud/manta ray thing” is actually the Twitter profile picture/author avatar of Aisora Manta, the author of the original Haiyore! Nyaruko-san light novel.

Source: http://nyaruref.blogspot.ca/

• April 19, 2012 at 8:31 amAnishuma

Too many references, I can’t keep up lol

• April 19, 2012 at 9:10 amhiyoshi

Frames at 21:33~21:34… they forgot do colour “something”
    Oh, whatever ._.)

• April 19, 2012 at 10:17 amKyral

I love that her sentai-like armor had those bat wing-like ornaments and it looked like she had 3 eyes.
    Nyarl’s Haunter of the Dark form :D

Also… Dagon-kun and Hydra-chan xD

• April 19, 2012 at 11:55 amiron2000

This is more hardcore then Hayate no Gotoku :P

Nyaruko’s armored form remind me of the Space Sheriffs as Nyaruko is also some space enforcer.
    Of course she behaves like a Kamen Rider, lol :D

• April 19, 2012 at 1:20 pmBenz

Everything about this show is ok a bit wild but I enjoy it, only only only thing I cannot stand is why the F#$$# is the MC carrying a fork with him all the time, who actually carrying a fork on them like that, that part annoy the hell out of me, I could understand if it were a pocket knife or something but a freaking fork man. If they didn’t have the annoying fork part then I would enjoy this show a whole lot more.

• April 19, 2012 at 8:31 pmvrr4141

CMIIW, that fork is Mahiro’s tsukkomi “standard tool”, in episode 1 he throws book to Nyarlko’s face when she suddenly transfer to his class. In Japanese comedy show, it is usual the 2nd comedian slap his partner when his partner acts /says something silly, by using a paper fan.

• April 19, 2012 at 4:48 pmkn09

This show was not in my “to watch” list,
    but not after watching this ep at my friends’ :D

“yare yare daze” (dat pose)

• April 20, 2012 at 6:33 amkurochan

Nyaruko… she keeps me smiling all the time~ XD

• April 22, 2012 at 4:10 pmDaSilva

At the current rate of escalation, space CQC will eventually come full circle with them hitting each other with moons and planets. Waiting eagerly for this.

• April 22, 2012 at 5:10 pmAndrew

Dat yuri :D

I expect Kuko and Mahiro to fight over Nyaruko in the future. Or perhaps Kuko will go straight for Mahiro… Hah.