Tasogare Otome x Amnesia – 05 »« Tasogare Otome x Amnesia – 03

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia – 04

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   01 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   02 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   03
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   04 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   05 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   06
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   07 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   08 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   09
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   10 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   11 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   12
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   13 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   14 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   15
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   16 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   17 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   18
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   19 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   20 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   21
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   22 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   23 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   24
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   25 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   26 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   27
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   28 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   29 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   30
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   31 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   32 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   33
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   34 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   35 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   36

「払暁乙女」 (Futsugyou Otome)
“Daybreak Maiden”

It’s Monday (and Walpurgis Night), which means – Yuuko time!

What would a school anime be without a swimsuit episode? Or should I say “swimming” episode because Yuuko prefers to swim naked? Not sure…

Finally, the plot is moving on (this takes place after the first episode) and our team is now on a summer holiday camp for some paranormal investigation. But first – swimming! I don’t think I’ve ever done so many full-lengths for one episode before (although, I’m nowhere near the Guilty Crown finale).

This episode was really good, filled with things to appreciate. There were some good romantic moments (some of them involving some skinny dipping), mysteries going on (is this the same shadow I saw last week?), and a lot of comedy – the three things that make this show so brilliant! Oh, and I forgot to mention – there are some fancy treats too.

While my love for Yuuko remains immeasurable, I’ve grown very fond of Kirie over this episode. When I first saw her, I expected her to be quite the opposite of what she was this week. I’m still trying to figure out why Kirie is so cold towards Yuuko now that she knows that Yuuko isn’t evil. Could it be that she is scared of her? Or maybe she’s just jealous… Teiichi sure is a lucky boy, having three amazing girls liking him (one of them telling him to touch her) – all because of his sixth sense. So take notes, having a sixth sense attracts girls!

Moving on to the mysteries of the week – we have Yuuko knocking on doors, and also “the rock of curses” – a rock on which, names can be carved, and having one’s name carved on it means death. The latter turned out to be a trigger for Yuuko’s childishness (long live immature people), causing her to pull a prank on Teiichi by writing his name with a marker on the rock – a cruel, but certainly amusing prank.

I loved the sweet and romantic moments between Teiichi and Yuuko in this episode, especially the scenes where they were running towards the rock from rooftop to rooftop. The animation was top-notch and really beautiful. I don’t know if it’s just me but this feels a lot like a SHAFT production, but I guess that’s because the director for this show – Oonuma Shinhas worked on SHAFT projects before.

With the smaller mysteries being solved, the big mystery – the shadow lurking around Kirie – remains unsolved. I can’t really make any assumptions based on the silhouette, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t Yuuko; however, I think it’s possible that this dark presence might be related to her.

Alright, with that being said, I’m looking forward to next Monday!

Full-length shots: 1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31, 32, 33

Note: Please, use the spoiler tags!

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   Preview 01 Tasogare Otome x Amnesia   04   Preview 02
April 30, 2012 at 6:02 am
  • April 30, 2012 at 6:07 amThe Moondoggie

Happy Walpurgis night people. Has anyone seen a sign of The End lately?

Anyway nice episode: This week’s highlight?

XD

• April 30, 2012 at 8:27 amJohn Hayabusa

As usual, Yuuko shows that she is an extremely hot and sexy ghost.

• April 30, 2012 at 6:08 am0927123

Yuuko, hnnnnnggg…
    Kirie, hnnnngggg…

• April 30, 2012 at 6:17 amUnajuuphile

I felt so sorry for Kirie when they found her crying….

• April 30, 2012 at 10:32 amBeedle

Agreed. Someone needs to comfort her…

..I call shotgun! 8D Come here my deceptively mature, jailbait tsundere~!

• April 30, 2012 at 6:21 amKusabi

This scene remind me of BakaTest (which also SILVER LINK works) where Show Spoiler ▼

• April 30, 2012 at 6:26 amQwerty1

I’m really curious to where a ghost buys a bikini…

• April 30, 2012 at 7:06 am0927123

• April 30, 2012 at 6:50 amZen

Wow, all those full-length shots; what’s the special occasion? *Looks through the shots* Ah, that explains it, a thing of beauty, tis’…XP

• April 30, 2012 at 7:50 amBio D

I’m not ashamed to say that I read that as: “A thing of beauty, tits”.

• April 30, 2012 at 9:06 amZen

Maybe that pun was intended…(Nah, it totally wasn’t, but I sure wish that it was; from the looks looks of it, it seems like we’ve stumbled upon a new, cleverly elegant innuendo…XP)

• April 30, 2012 at 7:01 amKnowngni

Man, Those ending eyecatches are nice. I need clean wallpaper versions. Anyone know if they upload em somewhere for download?

• April 30, 2012 at 8:02 amAzstraph

The ones provided by Stereoman are expandable to 1080p, for most, so you can use those as the website doesn’t have them there listed. So will probably have to wait until the Blu-Rays come for better versions of them.

• April 30, 2012 at 7:27 amc2710

SHAFT… SILVERLINK…. I don’t care anymore! With this episode, the lines have been BLURRED! The abstract graphics and artwork seperates those 2 studios from the rest while blurring the lines seperating the 2

This episode is totally hilarious… From kirie crying and the door knock. Aside from that, a jealous yuuko is fine for me as well. I think hitagi might’ve been like this if its not for the 93kg of spite.

If there’s a contest between hitagi and yuuko, who’d win?

• April 30, 2012 at 8:17 amLightnDark

A jealous Yuuko is fine too..

A scared Kirie is fine as well..(Please drink more milk and grow your hair out :)

• April 30, 2012 at 8:54 amAzstraph

Hmmmm… while this episode kind of confirms that they will be focusing on Yuuko’s story more than the other stories in the manga but it kind of makes me wonder if they are going to include any of the other characters from the manga as they left out their chaperon for this episode and haven’t even shown or voice another character besides the shadow?? Which is something important down the line for Yuuko’s mystery to be solved but don’t want to spoil it here.

Bikini shots from manga: 1 and 2

• April 30, 2012 at 9:16 amBeedle

I feel like I missed an episode o_0

But meh, I didn’t care as soon as I saw Yuuko-san in her swimsuit XD Yuuko’s also such a huge troll, waking Teiichi in the middle of the night and scaring him with writing his name on the cursed rock! Still, lucky for Teiichi I guess, as he missed the shadowy figure looming over Kirie.

And I must say, Kirie is so cute :D Great job with all the full-shots, Stereoman! Must’ve been a pain through their sheer number!

• April 30, 2012 at 9:52 amStereoman

Thank you! This result was worth all the pain. :]

• April 30, 2012 at 9:32 amD-LaN

SHAFT/SILVER LINK is the new black .

This ep graphic is truly an art!!! And who knew Momoe beat out Kirie (not sure about Yuuko)^.^
    This ep just totally caught me off guard… Wht I thought is a swimsuit ep turn into romcom and horror…

Yuuko is chilishly cute, Kirie is a cool (and cute tsundere) and Momoe is….. fanservicy? A nice sub 4 BakaTest. (S3 plz!!)

• April 30, 2012 at 9:45 amc2710

both companies are like crack to me…. severe withdrawl symptoms looming at the end of the season

• April 30, 2012 at 9:33 amD-LaN

OMG how do you stop the whole thing frm turning bold????

• April 30, 2012 at 9:51 amStereoman

I’ve fixed it for you!

• April 30, 2012 at 10:01 amvane

hummm… only me thinks Kirie likes girls too? Show Spoiler ▼

… I think she likes boys, but I’m pretty sure she feels attraction to girls too….

• April 30, 2012 at 10:02 ambelatkuro

Seems Silver Link is making some distinctions for themselves.
    Bright colorings, the eyes and lips….and shuffling the source material(that’s what I heard in BakaTest s2 at least).
    Well, the ones they skipped are a bit boring so I guess this is okay. And at least they’re dropping hints along the way.
    Even if they mess up the source, as long as I get my Yuuko fix and stick to how she is in the manga, that’s okay by me.

And I love you Stereoman. Really I do. <333

• April 30, 2012 at 10:06 amHououin Kyouma

Thanx for the full-length shots, and today’s Yuuko in swimsuit/naked/dreesed/whatever is simply a lovely gift in Walpurgis’ nite.

• April 30, 2012 at 11:55 amBenigmatica

Man, Okonogi should have kept wearing that skimpy swimsuit…

Stupid Yuuko!

• April 30, 2012 at 2:07 pmTarage

• April 30, 2012 at 3:38 pmmac65

We’re getting into the thick of the story now – definitely another spirit there.

What I wonder is the relationship of this spirit to her getting her memories back.

I wonder, too, if they’ll explain why he’s the only one who can touch her.

This episode was very sweet – this is turning into a very good series…

• April 30, 2012 at 5:00 pmFaint Smile

In Ano Natsu we have a sweet-sexy alien.. In sankarea we have an innocent-sexy zombie.. In Tasogare we have a childish-sexy ghost.. ^_^

• April 30, 2012 at 9:59 pmJames

had to drop this show. The way the characters look, the uninteresting plot, too much fanservice…

• May 1, 2012 at 12:35 amBanana Furikake

Why the heck does this creep the hell out of me?

This thing has been wigging me out ever since they started showing this nasty looking Cheshire cat grin.

• May 1, 2012 at 6:03 amThe Story You Don’t Know

I’m scared of the supernatural but if a ghost like Yuuko actually exists, I wouldn’t mind meeting her :)

• May 1, 2012 at 7:17 amEuzio

This episode is full of Yuuko win. When she started admonishing Teiichi for neglecting her during summer break, i had a major “HNNNGGGG” moment! And as if that’s not enough, her moonlight dip in the buff……. i’m gonna need an IV drip to survive now…

Though certainly, this episode had quite alot of beautiful moments. And we get abit of plot development with that other ghost making an appearance. Though I wonder wads with that ghost seeming to haunt Kirie.

• May 1, 2012 at 1:34 pmSnicket

Eh, what just happened? A lot of plot was just skipped between episode 3 and 4. Now the whole story is out of whack. Granted it was a the meh portion for the series, but it did provide some character development for a main cast and shed some light on Yuuko’s past. Along with why Momoe and Kirine are so infatuated with Teiichi. Plus, some amusing moments during the non story sections with the main cast. (Usually Teiichi) and/or some of the side charters.

This…pretty much has removed all of that. other then the ‘Yuuko mystery part.’ It’s like everything else was removed in favor of more Yuuko time. Which like ice cream, tends to get a little old if you have it all the time.

• May 1, 2012 at 7:00 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Ah, Kirie…another example of why girls don’t need a huge chest to be smoking hot! =D

• May 3, 2012 at 8:35 pmNymphetamine2791

If I were Teiichi, there’s no way Yuuko would go unnoticed wearing a swimming suit like that, lol. Loved Yuuko’s prank, it was a good get-back, haha

• May 4, 2012 at 11:34 amiron2000

I still find the last episode the best so far.
    A more exciting roller-coaster ride.

This one is more of a bumpy car ride :P
    Has it’s short scary moments.

• May 4, 2012 at 2:23 pmfoofiebeast

Kirie finding out that Yuuko isn’t evil didn’t discount the whole thing about them being related though right? I mean isn’t Yuuko still technically Kirie’s great aunt? Or am I missing something?