Acchi Kocchi – 08 »« Acchi Kocchi – 06

Acchi Kocchi   07   22 Acchi Kocchi   07   23 Acchi Kocchi   07   24
Acchi Kocchi   07   25 Acchi Kocchi   07   26 Acchi Kocchi   07   27
Acchi Kocchi   07   28 Acchi Kocchi   07   29 Acchi Kocchi   07   30
Acchi Kocchi   07   31 Acchi Kocchi   07   32 Acchi Kocchi   07   33
Acchi Kocchi   07   34 Acchi Kocchi   07   35 Acchi Kocchi   07   36
Acchi Kocchi   07   37 Acchi Kocchi   07   38 Acchi Kocchi   07   39

「山だ!川だ!⇔バーベキュー」 (Yama da! Kawa da! to Baabekyuu)
“Mountains! Rivers! ⇔ Barbecue”

I still can’t get over how cute this week’s episode of Acchi Kocchi was. I mean, it was actually a really funny episode with all of the jokes resonating well but all of my attention was definitely focused on Tsumiki and her new found courage as she went on the offense this week.

Even though I already knew well in advance that this show would never focus on the romantic side of things since romance is probably close to the bottom on Acchi Kocchi’s list of priorities, I’ve never stopped waiting for something unexpected to happen. While it may just be the hopeless romantic deep inside of me wanting one of the cutest characters I’ve seen in quite a while somehow fight against all the odds and catch the boy of her dreams, how can you not root for someone as steadfast as Tsumiki? Because if you haven’t noticed, her attempts at bewitching Io have been growing bolder and more frequent every episode — with this week’s taking the cake in both categories.

And even though I could ramble on and on about how unfair things are for Tsumiki especially when Io seems to switch from focusing on her to toying with other girls, I hope I wasn’t the only one who thought that the gags this week were really good! With both halves focusing on the same general story, this week’s episode not only felt extra long (in a good way) but just kept on hitting us with joke after joke. Between Io leaping out of a moving train to Hime or Tsumiki flinging Mayoi around like a rag doll, everything seemed to be striking my funny bone without fail.

As we finish another episode of this wonderful series, I can’t imagine what’ll be in store for us in the weeks ahead. While I’d love to have more episodes like this where there’s a lot of focus on all the cute things Tsumiki can do with Io, I don’t think I’d mind watching an entire episode where Sakaki ended up at the end of every single joke — because unlike other comedic relief characters who tend to react the same to their misfortune Sakaki seems to have an original response to all the crap he endures week to week. On to next week!

Acchi Kocchi   07   Preview 01 Acchi Kocchi   07   Preview 02 Acchi Kocchi   07   Preview 03
May 22, 2012 at 2:21 am
  • May 22, 2012 at 2:36 amBenigmatica

I guess Io-san has learned the Itano Circus by throwing rockets and homing in on poor hapless Sakaki!

• May 22, 2012 at 2:44 amEuzio

Could not stop laughing myself throughout this episode. And it was punctuated with some of the cutest moments too :D.

The standout moment for me was when Tsumiki placed a sleeping Io’s head on her lap. It was a such a lovable and cute moment. But the subsequent gag in which Sakaki and Mayoi started snapping pictures of that moment while Hime had a major nosebleed moment was just hilarious. Even more so when poor Tsumiki could not retaliate cuz she would wake Io up! XD

• May 22, 2012 at 2:45 amJimhawk

Does Io run a charm school? He should. I’d sign up. That fireworks line was smooth as silk.

I love when Tsumiki noms Io’s head. It is the strangest and yet most adorable gesture of affection I’ve even seen in anime.

• May 22, 2012 at 5:25 amricz

• May 30, 2012 at 5:37 amRonin09

Yep

• May 22, 2012 at 6:12 amBeedle

“What would you do if it was Io that got left behind?”

“I’d throw Tsumiki :)”

“You’re so kind. :o”

Sakaki and Mayoi are awesome! Though, I don’t know whether to laugh or pity Mayoi XD She’s just asking for retribution consider the things she pulls!

• May 22, 2012 at 7:26 amMasterDragonKnight

Miniwa pass! =ω=

Also:

D-daddy…

Yes? Mommy?

That was a smooth response.

• May 22, 2012 at 7:50 amSherylfan

lol that was my favourite part, indeed Sakaki and Mayoi are awesome!

• May 22, 2012 at 11:00 amskylion

This show had the perfect blend of fuwa fuwa and yuks. If anyone ever needs an example of how good rom-com can get, this is what you need.

• May 22, 2012 at 11:27 amPtolemaios00

My god, Io is so pimp…Miniwa lap pillow is perfect.

• May 22, 2012 at 4:23 pmSpace Dreamer

Na na na Tsumiki

• May 22, 2012 at 6:06 pmAoihoshikage

Acchi Kocchi is turning out to be one of my favorites this season despite the fact that I put this show as a lower priority (the spring previews certainly influence this). I agree that AIC has found a nice balance of comedy and cuteness, which makes the series a joy to watch. Then again, I am bias towards slice-of-life comedy shows…

I am starting to feel a bit sorry for Sakaki though, he takes quite a bit of the slapstick, next to Mayoi. Though I guess half the time he deserves it *random onion in eyes x2*

• May 22, 2012 at 6:20 pmRoguespirit

I’ve been waiting to see when Hime would snap cause I knew it would happen eventually. Great to see it in this episode. Mayoi’s playpull little joke had Hime punching her out the door so fast I rewatched that scene several times and laughed.

Also a great Tsumiki episode. I couldn’t wipe the grin off my face when she got suckered into getting her hair dried. and of course this

Spectacular of course was the fireworks especially the bottle rocket attacks and I think we all knew that the huge one would end up hitting Sakaki too.

This is probably the show I most look forward to watching every week.

• May 22, 2012 at 8:10 pmRamen

niku niku rhythm will now be my ringtone

• May 23, 2012 at 2:45 amcheese

The ending credit after ED was so funny… “Unlimited MAYOI Works”…

• May 24, 2012 at 2:57 amKagura

who agree that sasaki and mayoi should date?

• June 6, 2012 at 8:39 pmKM

I love the “I’m going to be a daddy” joke Mayoi pull on Hime. That is hilarious.

TQ