FAIRY TAIL – 156 »« FAIRY TAIL – 154

FAIRY TAIL   155   19 FAIRY TAIL   155   20 FAIRY TAIL   155   21
FAIRY TAIL   155   22 FAIRY TAIL   155   23 FAIRY TAIL   155   24
FAIRY TAIL   155   25 FAIRY TAIL   155   26 FAIRY TAIL   155   27
FAIRY TAIL   155   28 FAIRY TAIL   155   29 FAIRY TAIL   155   30
FAIRY TAIL   155   31 FAIRY TAIL   155   32 FAIRY TAIL   155   33
FAIRY TAIL   155   34 FAIRY TAIL   155   35 FAIRY TAIL   155   36

「花咲く都・クロッカス」 (Hanasaku Miyako: Kurokkasu)
“Crocus, the Blooming Capital”

A new arc and a new location – FAIRY TAIL has now entered Crocus, the capital city of Fiore. It doesn’t look very different from Magnolia but it sure is huge! Bigger city means there is more for Natsu’s team to destroy! Jokes aside, I am very excited to see the Grand Magic Games animated.

Today’s episode was quite calm. There wasn’t much going on. This was basically an introduction to the capital, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy the episode. If there is no fight, there will be comedy, at least in FAIRY TAIL’s case. The team formation that was introduced today did not come as a surprise to me (or anyone else, right?). Aside from Wendy, the other four members of the team are the key characters so they were expected. You might be wondering where the Raijinshuu and Gajeel are, but if you’re curious and can’t wait for the anime to reveal that, you might as well take a look at the opening sequence…

Wow, Erza sure is popular. It’s quite funny to see the popular hosts of Blue Pegasus being bad at what they do. I guess there is only one man in Erza’s heart… Natsu is also quite popular, but perhaps, not in the same way. My favorite part of this episode was Natsu’s encounter with Sabertooth’s Dragon Slayers. One would think Sting might be a bit of a fanboy but no. Their encounter was quite unfriendly and the same can be said about Happy’s encounter with Lector and Frosch. Happy being surprised by hearing other cats speaking was hilarious. I also found myself laughing when he made fun of his own guild by giggling at it.

Sting and Rogue have now been introduced as the third generation of Dragon Slayers. They’ve been trained by their dragon parents as well as having artificial powers given to them (like Laxus). They are unquestionably strong and I really look forward to a battle between Dragon Slayers. It was easy to see that Sting and Rogue aren’t heroes, but now, they seem like villains. Both of them killed their own parents – true to their magi titles, which obviously pissed Natsu off. How can you kill your own parents who gave you some amazing powers? I definitely want to see both of them being taught a lesson. But for now, we’ll see how everyone performs in the labyrinth. Now that Wendy is gone from the team, someone else will probably jump in for her (looks like Elfman from the preview). She doesn’t seem fine from what I see in the preview.

The pumpkin host Mato (Fujiwara Keiji), whom I expected to have a childlike voice instead of a sinister one, said that there are 113 guilds which is quite an amazing number, but much like Erza says, there is something fishy going on. Jellal’s warning probably made her more alert. But even if there is something dangerous in the background, let’s not forget that the tournament is a festival as well, so expect lots of merriment! The labyrinth looks fun (and dangerous) so I’m really looking forward to that.

Moete kitazou!

Full-length shots: 3, 6, 8, 9, 14, 25, 26

FAIRY TAIL   155   Preview 01 FAIRY TAIL   155   Preview 02 FAIRY TAIL   155   Preview 03
November 3, 2012 at 8:55 am
  • November 3, 2012 at 9:00 amMisk

Seems like they’ve chosen a slower speed, this episode took only 1 and a half chapters instead of the usual 2. Personally, I didn’t really like the extensions anime has done this time, except for Erza’s encounter with Ichiya. Man, that was hilarious xD I laughed out loud when he imitated Jellal’s ‘Erza’.

• November 3, 2012 at 9:14 amMasterDragonKnight

Ah, Lyon. Why are you so amusing? XD

• November 3, 2012 at 9:16 amRzerox21xx

Awww, they didnt show Juvia in her pretty dress from that manga chapter, instead they show her fairy tail b outfit fairly early.

• November 3, 2012 at 10:01 amdimasok

Its tempting to speak of what hasn’t been shown yet.. however, the comment of the new dragon slayers about Acnologia really pissed me off knowing what will happen further down the road.. surely, Achnologia would (obviously its a hypothetical scenario) wipe the floor with all 113 guilds combined, let alone these 2 assholes…

• November 3, 2012 at 10:02 amdimasok

• November 3, 2012 at 10:12 amAecen

Erza playing cards was way to adorable.

• November 3, 2012 at 10:28 amK C M

I can’t wait for next weeks episode. Guys, by the way have you checked out this new anime series titled Magi: the labyrinth of magic. I thought it’s pretty cool but since it’s a new anime I wouldn’t put it in the same line as Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Detective Conan, etc at least not yet. After 100 episodes if the series plot and character development advances then we can welcome it into our world of anime entertainment.

• November 3, 2012 at 3:57 pmdimasok

I dont find Magi to be on the same level as the ones you mentioned. Fairy Tale is my favorite of those and the humor in Magi is simply non-existent compared to FT.

• November 3, 2012 at 4:32 pmK C M

As I pointed out, it’s new and we have to wait a little longer for the story, plots and characters to develop before we can put them in the same line.

• November 3, 2012 at 8:26 pmdimasok

I knew FT was special from the 1st episode.. Magi is way too late for that feeling. Don’t get me wrong, I watch the show and its pretty good, but good and excellence are in different categories

• November 3, 2012 at 10:50 amDmonHiro

” They are unquestionably strong and I really look forward to a battle between Dragon Slayers.” HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

• November 3, 2012 at 11:00 amJustin

Funny Erza and gangster Wendy!!! lol

• November 3, 2012 at 7:01 pmFaint Smile

Erza was kinda cute when she was alone in the inn..

• November 3, 2012 at 9:43 pmedo

ichiya’s part was filler

• November 3, 2012 at 11:47 pmNeo

If there is no fight, there will be comedy, at least in FAIRY TAIL’s case.

So true. You know the first time i’m atracted to Fairy Tail is because the comedy is good and not boring. I could watch it six hour straight for comedy alone. That aside when i read chapter that this episode based from i think Gray quote when Lyon take Juvia is like this “Don’t take something that is mine.” and when i open FFN there are atleast several fic based on this quote. Did they change the scrip or did i watch the wrong fansub that the dialogue is different in anime.

• November 4, 2012 at 9:39 pmrandom viewer

If they didn’t already shown the Love-Triangle of GrayxJuviaxLyon in the previous season this episode would have been confusing with Lyon hitting on Juvia.
    The pumpkin host sure isn’t hiding the fact that he’s the villain with that outfit; nope not suspicious at all.
    I was thinking that Carla would be meeting the other cats too. And I hope that shadowy creature didn’t attack Wendy.
    Sting and Rogue = bullies. Gajeel should have been there too.