BTOOOM! – 12 (END) »« BTOOOM! – 10

BTOOOM   11   25 BTOOOM   11   26 BTOOOM   11   27
BTOOOM   11   28 BTOOOM   11   29 BTOOOM   11   30
BTOOOM   11   31 BTOOOM   11   32 BTOOOM   11   33
BTOOOM   11   34 BTOOOM   11   35 BTOOOM   11   36

「復活」 (Fukkatsu)
“Revival”

I see that Madhouse is having fun with breasts again! …Wait, that did not sound right. Last time I saw their funky The Matrix animations was somewhere in HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD. I’m not sure if I should laugh or facepalm at this, but I knew this was coming because I read the BTOOOM! manga. Still, it was just… The scene was so silly, and it completely stripped the moment of all tension. I do admit though, Date’s face when his plan didn’t work out was hilarious.

As expected, Ryouta survived the trunk trap, but he got a minor injury during his fall. I guess the people who thought it was weird that he came out unscathed from every single incident will be happy now! As for me, I’ve not really been bothered by the lack of injuries, but it was nice to have the story focusing elsewhere for once (instead of Ryouta). Murasaki and Date’s showdown was one I had been longing for and it sure was executed quite well. It amazes me how Murasaki can have a heart for a person like Date. It’s okay to not want to kill someone, in fact, that is great, but she even treated him. I said Ryouta was naïve, but what Murasaki did went beyond that. To me, her kindness was sheer stupidity. She did something lovable for sure, but what’s the point in helping someone who has framed you at work, tried to kill you, and tried to kill you again? One would think that Murasaki would be a bitter woman by now, she sure seems to be one, but she truly is an admirable character. I feel so sorry for her though. Date does not seem like a man who is capable of changing. Every time he has apologised to her, it has been a lie. He is most likely to attack her, or perhaps use her again to get out of this trap, when he has healed that is. Murasaki’s kindness will be the end of her and that is really sad.

This was probably the last we’ll see of Murasaki and Date, because next week’s episode will be the finale. While it makes me sad that this series won’t have a proper conclusion yet (let’s hope for a second season when there is more material to work with), it was something that I had prepared myself for because the manga is nowhere near completion and the anime has been very fast paced. I’m really happy to see Taira being involved more in the story again, even if the scenes near the end were quite worrying. BTOOOM! “began” with the three of them, so it only makes sense for it to end with an episode focused on this trio. I am really looking forward to the finale, and hopefully it will be a blast!

Random thoughts:

• I’m sure many people are jealous of Ryouta.
  • Date is really simple minded. Hiding his BIMs on obvious spots is not very clever. And now he has no BIM left! Once again, Ryouta has impressed me by moving the trap!
  • Aww, I think it’s sweet how Ryouta avoids touching Himiko. Small kind and understanding gestures like that are really respectable.
  • That plant is too convenient.
  • Full-length shots: 1, 16, 29, 33

BTOOOM   11   Preview 01 BTOOOM   11   Preview 02 BTOOOM   11   Preview 03
December 14, 2012 at 6:34 am
  • December 14, 2012 at 6:36 amCybersteel

I was hoping the woman might have chopped off Date’s hand so the others can use it for transportation.

• December 14, 2012 at 7:17 amJames

Ain’t love a bitch? :P

• December 14, 2012 at 6:39 amP Ko

Well at least they’re not matrix boobs. I guess it’s progress.

• December 15, 2012 at 7:07 amsen

But at least she has quite disarming boobs.

• December 14, 2012 at 7:15 amJames

Real talk, I judged that trajectory like a goddamn physicist.
    Totally called it, I was all like, “boobs, gotta be the boobies”

Thought the lil “gyaaa” was hilarious too in an “I can’t be seen watching this” sorta way ahaha

• December 14, 2012 at 8:28 amMisk

Yeah, when I saw the bomb flying to her, I was like ‘That’s gonna hit her boobs..’

• December 14, 2012 at 1:18 pmSortedevaras

Date’s “wtf” face was epic.

• December 14, 2012 at 7:57 ambillng

That boob scene was so out of place, hilarious

• December 14, 2012 at 8:05 amZnail

Personally I see the boob bounce more like a funny joke then pure fan service as I think it earned far more chuckles then hardons by viewers. The shower scene on the other hand…

It would be a year or so before we could get another season, but I read that this series is doing rather poorly in sales, so we will most likely not get any more.

• December 14, 2012 at 8:08 amZnail

Ah, poor sales also explains the addition of the shower scene, I guess they are trying to at least not lose too much on this series. I can’t really blame them for that.

• December 14, 2012 at 8:07 amChipp12

Boob bounce was in manga.
    Shower scene wasn’t.

• December 14, 2012 at 8:37 amFT5Havok

Is it just me or they skipped something in the manga ? And are we going to have an anime ending or not ? Based on the preview. Someone tell me.

• December 14, 2012 at 10:09 amZnail

It will most likely not be an original ending as just following the manga will lead to a decent conclusion in the next episode.

• December 14, 2012 at 9:06 amewok40k

Murasaki saving and nursing Date seems obvious now. Love is blind!
    I can only hope Date will get some kind of “heel face turn” (T) now, because it would be too sad to see Murasaki get used by him again and this time killed for good, probably.
    Date being defeated by Ryouta was, in the hindsight, predictable, as Ryouta has faced remotely controlled BIMs before and knew exactly how to deal with them, including re-planting enemy ones as a trap…

This aside, the episode will be forever known as the BTOOBS! episode! All HSOTD fans immediately recognise the fanservice technique, but since supposedly the scene was in the manga, I am filling no complaint. The convneient plant censorship in the “out of shower” scene is by comparison just a tame in the fansevice scale…

• December 14, 2012 at 12:24 pmqwert

Love is blind and in their case quite stupid as well as lacking the ability to form both long term and short term memories of attempted murder…

• December 14, 2012 at 2:51 pmJust Passing By

I lol’ed at your BTOOOBS!

Ryouta probably had the idea of replanting the bombs because of his encounter with Oda.

What Murasaki did isn’t that surprising since we always hear stories about battered women who think that the guy would eventually change and the abuse would stop so they continue to live with them until in the end it gets fatal. Just hope Date would actually change because I feel sorry for Murasaki.

Btw, if the Tyrannos Co. can monitor players then how come they still don’t know that Murasaki is still alive? Himiko met her twice already and she even fought with Date in the open so the company should know about her existence by now right?

The way Ryouta escaped the trunk trap reminded me of:
      Spoiler for 2nd Detective Conan Live Action Movie

Finally, Taira shows his true self. I think the reason Taira is betraying them now is because Ryouta told Date of how many chips they had already collected. But Taira didn’t tell them about the chips the HE has collected. I knew he shouldn’t be trusted, but since we saw him take those chips without telling Ryouta makes this betrayal not so much surprising.

Hope next week’s episode is worthy of being a season ender.

• December 15, 2012 at 12:35 pmshadowalker

“What Murasaki did isn’t that surprising since we always hear stories about battered women who think that the guy would eventually change and the abuse would stop so they continue to live with them until in the end it gets fatal.”

this is WAY past tht kind of thing and, umm, ‘until in the end it gets fatal’ not sure what tht means in this case.

• December 16, 2012 at 2:39 amewok40k

about escape from explosion, how about the kitchen action scene from original french version La Femme Nikita, thank you?

• December 14, 2012 at 9:53 am7godeohs

Yeah I can’t say I loved the boob scene, even if it was in the manga. I completely agree that it killed any tension. Not sure it the adequate reaction to having a bomb hit you in the chest is the blush and make erotic sounds – then again I haven’t been in that situation before, so who knows what might happen if time came. Regardless, it was a good episode.

• December 14, 2012 at 10:11 amZnail

I think it’s fairly natural for an innocent girl to make a sound and blush when suddenly poked in the breast. Note that despite her well developed looks so is she still a young girl that has never had a boyfriend.

• December 14, 2012 at 9:31 pmChipp12

15 years old to say the truth.

• December 14, 2012 at 12:36 pmshadowalker

Murasaki treating Date instead of killing him was a surprise, but at the same time it was a very admirable act on Murasaki’s part.And Date, though a terrible person, i can’t help but admire his skills at tricking people, they were quite impressive for a anime character.

• December 14, 2012 at 1:58 pmEmD

lmao at Date after that bomb bounce.

“Medical school didn’t mention this shit!”

• December 14, 2012 at 1:58 pmKuro

How is this garbage blogged and not JoJo, an obvious AOTY candidate? Sheesh.

• December 14, 2012 at 3:35 pmMagoiichi

Maybe they’re waiting for the Stardust Crusaders arc? Phantom Blood was a little too slow for me, but Jojo gets better with every arc so I can’t wait for the arc with Joseph, I forgot the name of it ;/

• December 15, 2012 at 4:54 amDaggeraxe

Joseph’s arc is Battle Tendency and has already started on episode 10 last week.

• December 14, 2012 at 3:47 pmKurisu Vi Britannia

QQ

• December 14, 2012 at 4:04 pmStöt

I was one of the people who complained about Ryoutas immortality last time with the bomb trap. I admit defeat on that one, okay, I’m sorry. The explanation wasn’t something I had the ability to foresee at all. However, I was hoping for an equally good explanation this time, but instead we got “Ryouta distorts the space-time continuum so he actually has 7 extra seconds (I counted) on which to act”!

But whatever, fine. You guys obviously don’t agree, I’ll disregard it.

One last thing though
    “Aww, I think it’s sweet how Ryouta avoids touching Himiko. Small kind and understanding gestures like that are really respectable.”
    The impression I got was that Ryouta wanted to reach out and try and comfort her, but decided not to. Maybe because he lacked the courage to do so, but also because he doesn’t want to upset her (her hating men and all, but I really don’t think she thinks about Ryouta that way, and wouldn’t mind being comforted). I found it sad, not sweet. What’s the manga opinion there?

• December 14, 2012 at 4:05 pmStöt

Bomb trap = Oda bomb trap, at the beach.

• December 15, 2012 at 2:42 pmNasost

I agree that it was sad. When I saw that part, I yelled at him that he was an idiot. (Maybe it was part of the same dumb anime schoolboy embarrassment that, in an earlier episode, made him push her away after she ran and hugged him because she was so glad he was alive. That really bugged me too.) Maybe it was because he was thinking of how she hated men, but I think she is well past that with him. They have saved each other’s lives several times by now, and she knows he’s the same guy that she spent so much time playing Btooom with online, and even got married to (online). I think she would have welcomed a bit of respectful comforting from him.

• December 14, 2012 at 4:37 pmRyuuzaki21

next time i play FPS games, i will get some boobies with me to deflect grenades.

• December 14, 2012 at 5:16 pmmecea

so after seem ryouta goes boom with bad doctor now ready to boom himiko oh the one arm nurse want payback give nurse go all in for it til seem she fall down from boom.

bad doctor toss to boom himiko but 2 reasons she got doobi plot armor reflect the bomb & yea no boom cause ryouta still alive cue bad doctor is screwed.

so chase is on another boom try but failed cause hit bad doctor look like bad end come one are nurse want payback but can’t swing the trigger.

after himiko bath still going plan get 8 chips & hi-jack the chopper for freedom with all look fine til homer bomb?

• December 14, 2012 at 8:56 pmUsagi

Only one more episode… ;A;

• December 14, 2012 at 9:33 pmctscloud

Soft and bouncy…:)

• December 15, 2012 at 3:08 amLegaia

Boobs is the saviour,and bad,bad she should not let him alive,i have bet he will betray her again

• December 15, 2012 at 7:43 pmTopboy

So The Final boss is Taira ?

• December 16, 2012 at 2:06 amKairoru