Robotics;Notes – 14 »« Robotics;Notes – 12

Robotics Notes   13   19 Robotics Notes   13   20 Robotics Notes   13   21
Robotics Notes   13   22 Robotics Notes   13   23 Robotics Notes   13   24
Robotics Notes   13   25 Robotics Notes   13   26 Robotics Notes   13   27
Robotics Notes   13   28 Robotics Notes   13   29 Robotics Notes   13   30
Robotics Notes   13   31 Robotics Notes   13   32 Robotics Notes   13   33
Robotics Notes   13   34 Robotics Notes   13   35 Robotics Notes   13   36

「なんという狂った世界」 (Nan toiu Kurutta Sekai)
“What a Crazy World”

What a crazy world it is… Let’s take a step back and look at all the events that are going on Robotics;Notes right now. Sometimes even I start to forget all the happenings amongst just 5 people, so watching it on a weekly basis doesn’t help. We have Kai who’s on his quest to find more Kimijima Kou reports with Airi. There’s Kona and her missing mother and the recently leaked last episode of Gunvarrel. Aki’s still building her giant robot with the help of Nae (who recently celebrated her birthday!). Then there’s Junna and Subaru who have taken a back seat with their family histories briefly discussed. Not to mention all the little pieces here and there – including the monopole, Aki’s sister and the destruction of the world approaching as quickly as these solar flares. That’s an abundance of things going on at once; I honestly was not expecting such an elaborate plot when I started blogging. Now that I think about it, Robotics;Notes should really be more of a mystery than anything else – so I get pretty defensive when I hear people assuming it’s all about mecha and robots. It honestly isn’t.

I thought this episode focused on a lot of smaller plot lines, with the overarching theme being Kona and her mother. As a side note: She had brown hair when she was young! She must be in that rebellious stage where all teenage Asian girls dye their hair blond (who can relate? *raises her hand*). Anyway… when Kona revealed to Kai all the photos and their messages and all that research behind her mother’s website etc. etc., I found it so hard to believe. It was almost too good to be true and it reminds me of crime dramas where “nothing is a coincidence” and the audience is expected to just take it as it is. I would probably be less critical if Kona wasn’t always shut out from the outside world and her mother’s story wasn’t still a blur. Her explanations are almost forced and put into place just for the sake of advancing the story and as elaborate and ingenious as it is, I find it hard to digest. I must admit though, it’s a great way to tie in Kona to the Committee of 300. She’s been left behind her entire life and I honestly really pity her after seeing her suicidal attempt. I never expected her to take that route, but everyone has their limits.

There were two Kimijima Kou reports revealed this week… none of which were narrated or read out loud. I think this is to keep the suspense of what’s happening around them and when the Committee of 300 is going to attack. A solar flare also struck Tokyo at the end of the episode sending everyone into chaos – mainly the robots that started attacking citizens. A reader mentioned before that this reminded them of I Robots and I’m sure that this isn’t an uncommon theme. But the twist here is, these robots don’t have intelligence of their own – they’re merely being controlled by the Committee of 300 (since I’m assuming Kona is being framed). My question is, is this an artificially created solar flare (as indicated by report no. 5)? What would the Committee of 300 achieve by destroying mankind? I feel like a broken recorder, asking the same questions every week.

Full-length images: 12, 23.

January 19, 2013 at 1:44 pm
  • January 19, 2013 at 2:05 pmDdadain

I am quite intrigued with this show. It just gets better and better~!

The question remains if we will really see Gunvarrel in action or whether the world will end… XD… dammit, just love this show.

• January 19, 2013 at 2:39 pmEdios

didn’t you watch episode 1? we already saw part of the ending.

• January 19, 2013 at 2:49 pmDerprito

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• January 19, 2013 at 2:08 pmEmD

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

• January 19, 2013 at 2:25 pmpokpok

These wounds they will not heal

• January 19, 2013 at 2:28 pmD

FEAR IS HOWWW I FALLLLL

• January 19, 2013 at 6:26 pmAnon

This isn’t Sword Art Online.

• January 19, 2013 at 7:12 pmEmD

Which is why I didn’t type “Crawling in my Sugus”

• January 19, 2013 at 2:18 pmkevinball4115

IMO Frau looks pretty attractive with blonde and brown hair…

• January 19, 2013 at 2:24 pmqwert

“What would the Committee of 300 achieve by destroying mankind?”

Not 100% sure since it’s been a while since they explained it but…

Pretty sure the committee’s plan isn’t exactly “destroying” mankind but more like culling it.

World domination is tricky when you’re dealing with billions of people. Engineer an almost-apocalypse and not only do you reduce the number of people you need to control but you leave them scared and looking for someone to take charge of everything.

• January 20, 2013 at 7:25 amGermanguy

Your right, And some “White Knight in shining Armor” will appear and will get rid of this Robots. So everyone will see the Hero in him. But nobody knows, that this “Knight” was the one, that send these Robots..

i saw this “Plot” in Mai Hime, and others. But it worked every time. So it is a “classic Plot drive”

• January 19, 2013 at 2:28 pmHakumeiJin

This episode progressed the plot quite a bit and helped us know Kona-chan better but for me the most striking part, especially considering how she became later in the episode, was the first minute and how it ended with Kona trying to mock her own thoughts and act as if it was something stupid while she was crying especially since she was doing it despite there being nobody to see it.

• January 19, 2013 at 3:15 pmHunterWulf

Like many would say, the plan of the committee of 300 is not destroying mankind, but reducing the population significantly and crippling all governments and technology so that they can come into the picture (after hiding from the solar-flares) and take control of what’s left of humanity to rebuild the world but this time it will be fully under their control (with only millions of people left it will be much easier to control and rule over them).

As for Kona, i’m starting to think her mother is actually Kimijima Kou herself, she worked on the anime of Gunvarrel which exposed the plan of the committee of 300 in its final episode and also her site had the hidden note that Kona found .. she clearly knows about the committee of 300 .. or she was at least very closely related to Kimijima Kou and working with him .. but i’m in favor of Kona’s mother actually being Kimijima Kou or using his name as an alias to elude the committee (but apparently the committee found out who she is and tried to kill her as she said in her note, she knew who was on her trail and that’s impossible unless she knew before hand who was targeting her and why).

It’s just my theory and i don’t have solid proof of it .. so take it or leave it i guess .. time will tell if it’s right or wrong

• January 19, 2013 at 6:25 pminfinite

I think its been said Kimijima is a male.

• January 19, 2013 at 11:54 pmCybersteel

And John Titor is male as well oh wait…

• January 20, 2013 at 12:21 pmHunterWulf

And how do we know that’s the truth, how do you know it is the real Kimijima is the one who wrote those reports and inputted that warning into Gunvarrel final episode !!!? .. everything .. and i mean EVERYTHING points out it’s Kona’s mom who did all this .. the note hidden on that site was clearly written by Kona’s mom (she is talking about the whole animation team getting killed, and that they are after her because she knows their plan), the password to enter the secret page on the site was obtained from the extra episode of Gunvarrel .. meaning the warning in that episode against the plan of the committee was made by Kona’s mom .. AGAIN her … above all that Kona came to the island in the first place because she heard that her mom was last seen .. yeah .. where .. ON THE ISLAND .. and there is really nothing stopping Kona’s mom from using a male alias to try to confuse the committee of 300 and throw them off her trail to buy herself some time.

I was expecting some interesting rebuttal .. but “I think its been said Kimijima is a male” .. come on .. how many times have male writers used a female alias or the other way around in real life to hide their real identity .. it’s a very well known practice.

• January 21, 2013 at 7:45 aminfinite

Here is a interesting rebuttal. Two people knew kimijima while he was on the island. One was Misa and the other her friend and they both said the knew “him”. Yeah it would be a nice twist but its already been shown false. Kona’s mom is involed somehow. Also if she was Kimijima should would be dead because he was killed on that boat.

• January 21, 2013 at 7:50 aminfinite

If anything I would say Kona might be the daughter of Kimijima and her mom.

• January 19, 2013 at 3:40 pmRamen

Frau’s tshirt should have said I’m mad scientist instead of I’m geek

• January 19, 2013 at 4:27 pmHunterWulf

People don’t get more geeky/nerdy than Kona .. why would she wear “I’m mad scientist” t-shirt ? .. she is not a scientist .. never was, never will be .. she is one very geeky/nerdy programmer XD

• January 19, 2013 at 5:52 pmRamen

can it at least have “its so cool , sunuvabitch” after “I’m geek” then?

• January 19, 2013 at 9:30 pmc2710

It should be “Destroy, invade, CHAOS!”

• January 19, 2013 at 3:48 pmFT5.Havok

Shit just got serious!

Come here Frau lemme give you a hug! xD

• January 19, 2013 at 3:52 pmacolyte

Yay creepy portion starts!

• January 19, 2013 at 4:54 pmMagoiichi

That suicidal attempt brought back Stein’s;Gate psin.

• January 19, 2013 at 5:13 pmSeven

• January 19, 2013 at 5:44 pmJolly

Earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanos, retro-virus’, zombie apocalypse, whatever.
    BUT THE SUN EXPLOADING!!! What a terrifying scenario! This anime can just swing from cute to scary in a second.

• January 19, 2013 at 7:24 pmGuardian Enzo

Don’t forget about “Project Mars” mentioned a few weeks back (briefly).

My theory is that Project Atom is designed to amp up the Sun’s power and destroy all life on Earth, while at the same time making Mars habitable and suitable for terraforming – which is Project Mars. By manipulating the sun in such a way they kill two birds (and billions of people) with one stone – they eliminate the grotty masses of peasants they loathe, and set up a new world for their master race to have a fresh start in depleting of resources.

• January 19, 2013 at 8:04 pmimperfectblue

Things got so intense in this episode, reminds me of episode 12 of stein’s;gate when shit just decided to hit the fan and the series went from good to just flat out amazing.

• January 19, 2013 at 9:31 pmc2710

OH YEA…

Shifting it to high gear. Hope my body can take it

• January 22, 2013 at 1:21 amSortedevaras

Shit just got real.

• January 19, 2013 at 11:59 pmewok40k

Awww, poor Kona…
    First things first, she was absolutely adorable as a kid, down to the T-shirt already proudly proclaiming geekiness…
    Secondly, it is awesome how well she managed to research the data smuggled in the “lost/last Gunvarrel episode”.
    Third, it is a meanest form of attack to frame someone innocent. 300 Committee or whoever is behind this is my personal enemy from now on!
    Fourth, does that mean her mom was framed in a similar way?
    Fifth, Yashio, props to you for saving her. Now give here the finger if she wants it, dammit!
    Sixth, Kimijima reports and the Gunvarrel subliminal code are simply 2 different relations about the same conspiracy – and now events in the world seem to be confirming both of them.
    Seventh, the sunglasses really fit Nae – do you remember her first showing up? There are no coincidences here and I seriously think some faction with agenda opposite to the 300 committee is secretly supporting our team via JAXA. And it’s good because the kids alone would not have a chance against such vast conspiracy – look how easily have they broken Kona.
    TL;DR I <3 Kona, h8 300 committee, fertilizer truck has hit the turbofan engine!

• January 20, 2013 at 7:22 amc2710

During that entire scene, I was wondering which F-I-N-G-E-R she wants…

The one on his hands? Shining Finger? Or…….

• January 20, 2013 at 2:40 amRockmanshii

Hovering robots black and purple colored, doing a triangle like formation, getting used as stepping stones, I wonder what this reminds me of.
    I want to hug Kona. I want to hug Cherrie too. I’m looking forward to next week.

• January 20, 2013 at 8:02 pmCherrie

*hugs* =3

• January 20, 2013 at 4:42 amTarage

I’m going to take a wild guess and say that you never watched Steins;Gate did you Cherrie?

• January 20, 2013 at 8:01 pmCherrie

I actually have o_O What makes you say that?

• January 20, 2013 at 6:20 amEvilDevil

picture at the bottom far left is Shibuya, Tokyo, also the setting of Chaos;Head. just pointing that out.

• January 20, 2013 at 9:23 amd-LaN

Nice catch, dude! Thk.

• January 20, 2013 at 4:17 pmNoSicko

This show is great. CRAZY GREAT!

• January 22, 2013 at 3:31 amDa5id

Does anyone know what that password to the site was? It went to fast for me to tell.

• January 23, 2013 at 3:52 amStöt

just 20 random letters. Almost no vowels, so nothing intelligible

• January 22, 2013 at 6:31 ammike

getting interesting

• January 22, 2013 at 7:28 amzengar

aki sis misa is a fan of the rx-78 nt-1 alex lolz!

• January 22, 2013 at 9:34 pmbertman4

I’m glad I stuck with the show. The pace is finally picking up. Full steam ahead!

• January 22, 2013 at 10:23 pmCherrie

I hear that from a lot of people I’ve convinced to keep watching so I’m glad that you’re enjoying it ^^

• January 23, 2013 at 8:33 amKairoru

This is getting more and more intriguing.

*glittering eyes*