FAIRY TAIL 317 – Frog »« FAIRY TAIL 315 – Rosemary

FAIRY TAIL 316 – The Future Accelerates Towards Despair

FAIRY TAIL Manga   316   01

The dragons are back!

FAIRY TAIL Manga   316   02

Summary:

Kagura tells Erza to save Millianna. When Minerva hears that, she releases the cat girl and says that Millianna is unable to fight. Sabertooth receives points again. Erza notices several cuts on her fallen friend’s back. Minerva reveals that she had some fun with the girl because she was tired of waiting, and she enjoyed hearing her screams. This makes Erza furious.

Moving on to Gajeel’s battle against Rogue – it seems like the former is at an advantage until the latter pisses him off by saying that Natsu was stronger.

Leaving that, we find ourselves in the middle of a fight between Orga and Laxus. Soon Jura joins them and it becomes a fight between three strong magi.

Juvia and Chelia seem to be on par with each other. Both of them have some romantic issues. Suddenly, both their love interests show up (Gray and Lyon). Juvia misinterprets what Gray says to her and turns the conversation into a comedic one.

In another side of the city, team Natsu seems to be lost. The future Lucy wakes up and informs the rest of the team that they will be captured by the royal army after they escape from Hell Palace because they’ll pass the Eclipse gate while running away, and that will make them unable to use magic. Wendy asks Lucy why she came back from the future. It seems like princess Hisui is having a similar conversation with Darton. Apparently, Fiore will be attacked by 10000 dragons. Whether or not this may happen depends on the result of the tournament.

FAIRY TAIL Manga   316   03

There are so many things going on in this week’s chapter; I don’t really know where to begin. I guess I’ll just assort my thoughts in some sort of chronological order. First of all – Minerva. Perhaps I’m being repetitive by bashing this character every week, but I can’t help it. This character has the most dislikeable personality I’ve come across in a long while. Torturing someone who obviously is weaker than you to kill time? What a great king! [/sarcasm] I really can’t stand this [insert negative word for emphasis] woman, but at the same time, she is definitely a great villain. I enjoy seeing villains I dislike being defeated in glorious ways, and I believe Erza will be victorious. Of course, it won’t be easy, and she might not even win, but I can’t see anyone else taking down Minerva. And now that Erza is angry, an epic fight is about to take place.

Gajeel’s battle seems less important than Natsu’s (against the Dragon Slayers) was. It seems like most of the fights are being fast forwarded. While I’m glad that the plot is progressing rapidly, I think that people who only read the manga might find it quite frustrating. While Natsu is my favourite character, I don’t think it’s fair that his battle was so magnificent while Gajeel’s seems rather irrelevant. I really hope that Gajeel and Rogue are treated well because I’ve been looking forward to their duel for quite a while now. The same applies to all the other battles of course. Now that Jura has joined Laxus’ fight against Orga, things will be intense. While I do expect Laxus to take down Orga, I don’t know if he’ll be able to handle Jura. I don’t know what to expect from their battle really, but I really hope that it’s going to be amazing. As for Juvia’s fight… It feels like it will be treated as a comedy skit rather than a serious battle. I don’t expect much from it but the crazy fangirl Juvia is always something positive!

So now that all the battles are on, I really wonder how someone winning this could lead to a war between mankind and dragons. While it doesn’t come as a surprise that ten thousand dragons will be involved in the terrible future, it’s still really exciting news to me. I wonder if this has anything to do with whatever Sting is plotting? Or maybe someone used Eclipse to bring them back? Whatever happens, I’m sure it will be exhilarating! I’m really interested in seeing a war, so I hope that Lucy or Hisui elaborates a bit more on the disaster. Something else that would be interesting to see in this are the whereabouts of Igneel, Metalicana, and Grandeeney. Ahh, there is so much going on in FAIRY TAIL now. This truly is one of the most thrilling arcs of this series. Why can’t it be next Friday already?

Moete kitazou!

January 25, 2013 at 4:41 am
  • January 25, 2013 at 5:01 amKarmafan

I so want to see Minerva get a beat down to end all beat downs!

• January 25, 2013 at 9:04 amNatsu

I hope minerva wins….. surprisingly the plot devolopement in this chapter was actually somewhat good

• January 25, 2013 at 5:27 amTheak

indeed it’s quite interesting arc as long he won’t mess everything with nakama again oh crap better forget that

• January 25, 2013 at 9:02 amNatsu

It would be nice if they disregarded it a whole chapter

• January 25, 2013 at 5:37 amGray

Don’t make erza mad, Minerva.
    You will get your ass kicked by erza.

Where is that Natsu, the troll guy?

• January 25, 2013 at 5:55 amAquarian DragonSlayer

Kagura down + MILIANNA down/Erza’s Foot * Kagura’s Sword up for grabs = Erza’s unbelievable power-up that Natsu could never dream of accomplishing beatdown on Minerva. We all know it’s coming so embrace it.

• January 25, 2013 at 6:32 amMoridin

Jura, Orga, and Laxus! First when I saw the first page and it reminded me Jura was still in the mix I thought where is the supposedly strongest mage in the games during all this. Then he shows up in the battle of the heavies. Damn it I just hope Hiro Mashima doesn’t skip over this fight (as alot already seems to have) as I agree alot of the cooler fights seem to be overshadowed by the Kagura, Erza, Minerva threesome so far. Also I agree Laxus would probably beat Orga one on one (no God Slayer has beat their Dragon Slayer counterpart after all) but Jura seems to have a power that directly counters Lightening and lets not forget he is a Saint…

• January 25, 2013 at 6:52 amMoomba

I always love seeing Juvia massively misinterpret what Gray says. They make such an adorable couple!

I agree about Gajeel and Rogue’s battle being fast forwarded – I kind of want to see it in full with an amazing drawn out battle, but I’d also like to see it end quickly and decisively given that Rogue and Sting together were unable to take down Natsu, and Gajeel has always been close to on par with him.

Thanks for another awesome post!

• January 25, 2013 at 6:58 amStereoman

Aww, thank you so much for the kind words. ;o; You’re the best

• January 25, 2013 at 12:40 pmShadiic

Awww we have another cute couple here. Though not for comediac effects. <3 <3 <3

• January 25, 2013 at 2:32 pmMasterDragonKnight

*imagines Moomba and Stereoman in romantic comedic situations*

• January 25, 2013 at 7:17 amWuz

I’m crossing all my limbs for an Unison Raid between Juvia and Gray right now. If that happens, my Gruvia fandom will be completed.

• January 25, 2013 at 7:41 amMisk

I was hoping to see an enraged Juvia after Gray gets defeated :3

• January 25, 2013 at 7:36 amgawrshness

when two S class wizards especially a dragon slayer and a god slayer start sweating over seeing a saint wizard you know things are going to get nasty, Laxus and Orga might even agree to team up to take on Jura and settle their battle afterwards. We have beaten Kagura, seriously wounded Millenia and a crushed foot for Erza, things look really grim for the lady, and it will set things straight when she emerges victorious despite her injuries.

10000 dragons, most likely led by Acnologia? It would interesting to find out that all of these dragons were humans who turned dragon like Acnologia did.

Last but not least this is supposedly another Zeref driven arc yet we’re so far into it and there is no sign of him. I wonder…

• January 25, 2013 at 9:22 am7godeohs

Laxus looks excited about a fight with Jura, Orga just looks like he’ll need to bow out of the match to go change his pants.

• January 25, 2013 at 7:38 amFadingMoon

I love Gray and Juvia. Their situation always just makes me laugh. I hope one day they do get together for real.

• January 25, 2013 at 9:42 amCelecia01

Well, if mankind is up against Dragons in this war, I can’t forsee it going well. One was enough to overwhelm Fairy Tail without even trying. I’m curious to know how Zeref fits into the picture though, as I can’t imagine the dragons siding with him for whatever reason. I have no doubt that Erza and Minerva will rumble, but who will win is a mystery. Erza should, by all means, beat the stuffing out of her, but realistically, I don’t know if she can do it with a limp. My guess is that something will happen to the tournament and it won’t conclude, which will likely be what Lucy told the princess.

Whatever happens, I can’t imagine that this arc will conclude anytime soon, as more and more complications seem to be popping up (Jura and Lyon in the fights) and like it or not (I do), Natsu is the main character and he isn’t anywhere near the centre of events at the moment. I imagine Erza and Minerva will fight, maybe Gajeel and Laxus will fight their battles too, but I reckon some disturbance is on it’s way to stop things in their tracks…I just can’t see Lucy’s prediction being something as simple as Fairy Tail winning or losing.

• January 25, 2013 at 12:14 pmAnanas

More dragons, less Jellal.

• January 25, 2013 at 2:31 pmMasterDragonKnight

Rule #16 of Fairy Tail, everyone is Jellal. Therefore, all the dragons are Jellal, all 10,000 of them.

• January 26, 2013 at 4:34 amAnanas

So it’s hopeless.

• January 25, 2013 at 12:19 pmjingoi

If gajeel, makarov and jellal die then I could get back into this.

• January 25, 2013 at 1:19 pmHiro

Still waiting on Zeref’s reappearance, but so ready to see Minerva get that ass beaten.

• January 25, 2013 at 2:54 pmrukia

Erza is going to lose. She had to crawl to Millianna. Mashima thinks his readers are idiots if he goes with a different outcome.

• January 25, 2013 at 9:54 pmrunset

i think the worst future prediction will happen and nobody cannot stop it because the future lucy interference in the present time was not enough to over turn the worst fate, as you all can see in just a matter of hour a horde of 10000 dragon will attack the city and nobody cannot stop it because they are not prepared enough to fight again the dragon. Maybe natsu and all of his group will use the eclipse gate to go back to the past when this happen and finaly make a decent preparation to fight again the dragon.

• January 27, 2013 at 12:44 amSPat3

Yes Minerva is a great villain and is fulfilling the villain role of eventually being defeated while making everyone hate her. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if the story somehow “shifts” her around and makes her seem not all that bad… I mean, fairy tail is known for this (Juvia, Lucy’s dad, Jellal, etc). Then again this _____ tortured 2 girls, back stabbed another, doesn’t mind the defeat of her father and indirectly blackmails that other dragon slayer guy to be a Sabertooth… GO Fairy Tail!