« Sasami-san@Ganbaranai – 09

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai – 10

Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   01 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   02 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   03
Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   04 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   05 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   06
Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   07 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   08 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   09
Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   10 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   11 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   12
Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   13 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   14 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   15
Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   16 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   17 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   18
Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   19 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   20 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   21
Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   22 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   23 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   24
Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   25 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   26 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   27
Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   28 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   29 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   30
Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   31 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   32 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   33
Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   34 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   35 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   36

「見えない敵と戦ってみる」 (Mienai Teki to Tatakatte Miru)
“Try Fighting an Invisible Enemy”

Yuri, yuri, and more yuri! It looks like we’re completely back to the more light-hearted and downright silly atmosphere the earlier parts of the series prided themselves on and I can’t say I’m complaining. Tsurugi’s sly expressions were especially entertaining as well as the uh… exaggerated dynamics between Sasami (or Tama for the most part really) and Kagami. My only gripe is that despite the build-up of the past few episodes, the mysteries surrounding Kamiomi appear to have taken a backseat once more.

Edogawa is an odd one. There’s something quite profound in how not only her body apparently alternates between male and female, but also how her personality shifts continuously through various archetypes. In her speech alone she managed to switch from ojousama to class rep to tsundere and all manner of others in-between, accompanied constantly by a myriad of anime references. I would hesitate to call her two-faced, it’s more as though she’s constantly changing from one form to another, even in her alternating desires to befriend and kill Sasami. I have to wonder if this is what Tamamo-no-Mae referred to when she talked about ‘saving’ her. There’s a bit of an interesting parallel between Sasami’s inability to make friends and Edogawa feeling as though she has to remain apart from others to avoid her secret being discovered. Both have seemed quite lonely despite being surrounded by others.

Telepathy as a chatroom is quite cool and certainly fits with the running themes I discussed in episode 8. I never fail to love how magic is tied in with technology and the internet in Sasami-san@Ganbaranai. It seems rather inconvenient compared to conventional telepathy though – that you have to physically read the text in front of you making you rather conspicuous. I kind of wonder whether Edogawa realised right from the start that it wasn’t Sasami she was talking to – her reaction seemed to imply so, as did Tsurugi’s easy realisation of what was going on. But for now, the big question is exactly why Edogawa will be killing Sasami in the near future. I imagine we’ll find out next week!

tl;dr: @MoombaDS – Copious yuri, vacations, and messing with telepathy! #Sasamisan

Random thoughts:

• It should come as no surprise that Sasami finds using chopsticks too bothersome when she’s not even used to feeding herself.
  • With how she and Kagami have been acting together, it’s not too hard to see why she hasn’t made any other friends – theirs seems a relationship you’d not want to disturb!
  • There’s something rather ironic about the idea of Tama babysitting Sasami.
  • I’m surprised that Sasami didn’t have a bad feeling even before initiating her plan. I know I did!

Full-length images: 32.

**As of 4/18, coverage of Sasami-san@Ganbaranai has been dropped. We’ve been trying to find a writer with spare time to finish this series, but it doesn’t look like it’ll happen soon (it may happen some time in the future however). We apologize for the late notice.

Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   Preview 01 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   Preview 02 Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   Preview 03

End Card

Sasami san Ganbaranai   10   End Card
March 15, 2013 at 8:08 am
  • March 15, 2013 at 8:18 amAnonymous

Now that had to be the most “epic Shaft-iness” episode so far.

First we get the bombshell of Jou being an occasional futanari. (Funny how no one suspects anything when she’s wearing a blue yutaka normally reserved for guys instead of the pink one at the onsen hotel)

And then we have the full on yuri between Sasami and Kagami. Sure later parts involved Tama disguised as Sasami, with Tsurugi in complete trolling mode by having Tama call Kagami “Onee-sama”.

Shinbo throws in a few of his trademarks via the “ZETSUBOU SHITA!”

The ED actually has Sasami singing seriously for a change, though it turns out it’s because she thought no one was listening, but then Tama reveals her singing had been broadcast for all to hear. LOL

And finally, the preview spoofs the previous few episodes TV airing being delayed due to coverage of the World Baseball Classic, of which Japan romped through their respective Pools.

• March 18, 2013 at 1:30 pmNitro

the ED was a treat! even more so because it was just a touch out of tune just before she said she couldn’t get the tone right!

• March 15, 2013 at 8:23 amKiria

There are far too many things to be said about this episode. I loved it!

• March 15, 2013 at 9:21 amPrimeHector

This was AWESOME!!!!

• March 15, 2013 at 9:56 amAki-Chan

Yay!! Finally , a semi-proper version of the ED song , Sasami’s voice is beautiful!!!!Now I am hoping that we will get to hear a proper version before the anime ends!

• March 15, 2013 at 10:43 amAkarin

lol… Everyone has already said what I wanted too…. this ep was so awesome… I laughed at the fox’s human name xD….Kitsubae…Yoko xD……….. great ep… again… my my lord whats with anime and nudity this week,Vividred… this… even love live was on beach episode this week….

• March 15, 2013 at 11:03 amAnonymous

OPERATION…… VIVIDTAMA!

…… Oh wait

• March 15, 2013 at 11:19 amCount_Remnius

I feel sorry for the guy that likes either Sasami or Kagami. He was in absolute misery! xD

• March 15, 2013 at 12:45 pm8-bitPenguin

Tsurugi was on full blown perverted mode this episode… LOVED IT!

• March 15, 2013 at 6:42 pmc2710

Yuri radar just exploded =.=

And I love the shoutout to Zetsubou sensei and Baka to Test as well?

Look st the box

• March 15, 2013 at 7:20 pmMormegil

“Don’t get the wrong idea. I’m not a boy. I just grow a penis every now and then.”

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to anime.

• March 15, 2013 at 8:20 pmStranger

I have not watched this. I have no idea what the show is or what it’s about.

But I have seen an enthusiastic proclamation of “Yuri, yuri, and more yuri!”

And that- that, my friends- is the only reason a man needs to begin watching.

• March 15, 2013 at 9:48 pmNekomimimeido

This confirmed for BEST episode because of the Futanari, Onee-sama Kagami, and Yuri!

• March 15, 2013 at 10:40 pmCorin

Totally unrelated, but…

Every single time they said ‘otomodachi ni narimashou’ I just kept thinking 20th Century Boys. >_>

• March 16, 2013 at 3:13 amYalvyn

Finally ED is complete.

• March 16, 2013 at 3:37 ambaseone

I think Jou is the second child of Izanagi and Izanami in the Kojiki, Awashima no Kami, who was neither male nor female(though I forgot if it was already mentioned in the anime) and about the ending… dang it was so worth it that SHAFT held it in after 9 episodes. Sasami(Kana Asumi) voice fits perfectly, now time to wait for the release of the full version of the song.

• March 16, 2013 at 3:40 ambaseone

oh btw I based my comment about Jou from Awashima of Nurarihyon no Mago.

• March 16, 2013 at 11:17 amUrizithar

I would rather guess Inari Ookami. Androgynous goddess of fertility (do you remember those sakura flowers in ep 9?) and foxes (Tamamo no Mae). Also her worship spread in Edo period (edo period = Edo gawa).

• March 16, 2013 at 4:33 amMagoiichi

It’s a trap!

• March 16, 2013 at 10:32 amKairoru

Pretty much laughed throughout the entire episode. I enjoyed watching it!

• March 17, 2013 at 5:36 amkai

Chiwa Saito is generally good at everything she is cast in but she must have had a field day recording this episode. Loved her raunchy voice and squealing.

• March 17, 2013 at 7:51 amIzzard

First heard of Chiwa Saito when she was voicing Anita King. She’s still awesome voicing the spunky kind of characters. Her more matured roles (Bakenomogatari and Horizon) are equally great though.

• April 8, 2013 at 3:53 pmsealouse

Hey now that Moomba left is anyone going to do the last 2 episodes? Not that I care really I was just wondering.

• April 17, 2013 at 5:24 amAnonymous

Is it me or has RC completely forgotten about this show?

Even if Moomba has left, surely there’s some follow ups or anything? At the very least say it’s officially dropped from coverage so you don’t leave people waiting in vain for nothing.

• April 18, 2013 at 7:37 amZephyr

We’ve been trying to see if any of the writers can spare some extra time to finish, but for now it doesn’t look like there’s any chance of that happening soon. We still hope to finish coverage of this at some point, but it may not happen in the near future. Apologies.