Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W – 03 »« Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W – 01

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W – 02

Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   01 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   02 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   03
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   04 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   05 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   06
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   07 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   08 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   09
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   10 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   11 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   12
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   13 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   14 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   15
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   16 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   17 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   18
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   19 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   20 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   21
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   22 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   23 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   24
Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   25 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   26 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   27

「セラエノ図書館戦争」 (Seraino Toshokan Sensou)
“Seraino Libary War”

This is more like it — completely random scenes with lots of alien goodness!

After our standard introductory episode last week, I was ecstatic to see that Nyaruko and the gang had somehow ended up on the distant planet Pleiades light-years away from earth. Visiting that typical interstellar library that holds anything and everything the universe has ever created with a convenient built in search system (Good Bye Dewey Decimal System!), it was the perfect location to stage a mystery!

For me, the biggest highlights in this week episode were surprisingly Cthuko and Hasta. Starting with Cthuko, I honestly don’t remember her being this dirty back in season one. Sure she may described some of the acts she’d like to perform on Nyaruko but with all those finger biting close ups and her left hand in a certain location — she’s become extra dirty this season. At the same time it seems that she’s dropping that general hate she had for Mahiro and is instead channeling her energy into becoming the perfect example of a tsundere.

With Hasta though, I just loved how the episode decided to highlight her him as someone who can hold their own especially when compared to a certain crowbar-wielding alien. While it was a little ridiculous to watch two overpowered fighters get knocked out after flying into a floating bookshelf, I’ll take any opportunity to let Hasta get some of the spotlight. It’s a damn shame that she he’s a trap since unless you knew ahead of time, you might be walking into some dangerous territory..

In the end this second episode was just as good if not better than last week’s. If anything, it served as a nice starting point to ease us back into the insanity that we’ve come to know as Haiyore! Nyrauko-san. Random side thought: Did you catch just how “serious” things got between Hasta and Shantak while Luhy was serving them takoyaki? I don’t know about you but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a dragon have an or… you know!

P.S. Don’t get me started on all of the cameos and easter eggs throughout the episode. My favorite? The Kami-sama Memo-chou reference! But not because it was a show I covered or anything though >>.

P.P.S. I’m going to be covering this show using the short-post format.

Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   Preview 01 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   Preview 02 Haiyore Nyaruko san W   02   Preview 03
April 16, 2013 at 12:40 am
  • April 16, 2013 at 1:03 amLightnDark

Ya, the most obvious reference was the Kami-memo one, they basically swapped out the first kanji character. I also loled when Kuuko said: “The only trouble we have is darkness” (In blatant reference to ToLoveRu:Darkness) and everyone proceeded to give her the “wtf” look.

P.S: I’m terrible at catching (them all) references T_T

• April 16, 2013 at 1:06 amCybersteel

Luna + Joker???

And Yog-Sothoth at the end?

• April 16, 2013 at 1:26 amDop

I loved the Toshokan Sensou reference, it was just absolutely spot on.

Do you reckon Hasta was practising on Shanta-kun what he’d like to do to Mahiro?

• April 16, 2013 at 2:50 amTakaii

That’s a brilliant idea.

• April 16, 2013 at 3:21 amNekomimimeido

Mahiro bringing Kyoro from GJBu vibes by hair brushing Hastur!!

• April 16, 2013 at 3:36 amMixed Milkshake

References to other series in Ep. 2:

Kamen Rider W (The library, the villains Luna and Joker)
    Kamisama Memochou (That book – ‘Evil Deity’s Memo Pad)
    Toshokan Sensou (The library, the armed force)
    Ultraman (Those silhouettes)
    Duel Masters (Victory Rare)

• April 16, 2013 at 3:45 amGreyman

It looks like Tsathoggua may be a somewhat recurring character. She’s already making a cameo appearance in the second episode.

• April 16, 2013 at 4:43 amRaso

Personal fav was the “our trouble is darkness” insert side glance by everyone.

If ya don’t get it think about To-Love RU Darkness.

• April 16, 2013 at 5:52 amBear

The whole show has gotten a little raunchier (not that that’s a problem). Cthuko obviously is leaning towards a threesome. If she can’t have Nyaruko to herself she might as well get in on the action. She’s warming up to her shounen it seems.

Hasta and Shantak– that was just…

The girl/age thing seems to be everywhere this season.

• April 16, 2013 at 9:00 amNitro

how exactly does the fact that Hastur is male make it a shame? if anything it’s better that way 8D

• April 16, 2013 at 9:20 amZen

I love how everyone’s transformation is basically just a cooler version of themselves, except for Nyaruko who- jarringly- for some strange reason is a Kamen Rider…

• April 16, 2013 at 9:37 amal

There haven’t been any news about Kami-sama Memo-chou since Vol.8 , chances for second season are really low and the translations of the books were abandoned

I wonder if the novels are finished in japan..

• April 16, 2013 at 11:45 amAkoriko

The novel is not officially finished in Japan, but the author has at least three different series which started between 2006 and 2008 and are currently in limbo.

• April 16, 2013 at 1:24 pmal

really? which other series?

• April 16, 2013 at 4:04 pmAkoriko

Hime no Miko (3 volumes, first/last volume: 2006)
        Sakura Familia! (3 volumes, first volume: 2008, last volume: 2009)
        Bakerano! (2 volumes, first volume: 2008, last volume: 2009)

These are still considered to be running, also there are no updates for years.

• April 16, 2013 at 5:34 pmal

I see.. thanks.

Really the author should finish his series before starting new ones..

• April 16, 2013 at 2:35 pmqwert

Best exposition scene ever…

If only every conversation about Myanmar and satellites was as interesting.

• April 16, 2013 at 3:39 pmcowazaki

Their toraburu is always darkness.

• April 16, 2013 at 5:04 pmExukvera

It seems the W in the name is not only for show, given the several allusions to Kamen Rider W (and Wizard).

• April 16, 2013 at 7:38 pmNKNKN

It’s probably also the fact that “W” is read like “double” in Japanese, as well.

• April 16, 2013 at 5:53 pmTre

It’s funny how I enjoy this series so much despite the fact that I don’t catch most of the references (I didn’t catch any in this episode).

• April 16, 2013 at 6:09 pmkatsudon

There’s been a lot of Kamen Rider references this season (since the writer loves Kamen Rider and all, but the love is out in full force now) but there aren’t references to all of the latest incarnations. Though it’s very evident that W is the clear favorite with Wizard being a close second, I’m kinda surprised there haven’t been any OOO, Kiva, Fourze, or Decade references yet. There were Den-O and Kabuto ones in the first season and all- this isn’t me complaining about the show nor does it take anything away from it, I love it regardless- it’s just kinda strange, you know?

• April 19, 2013 at 3:58 pmKioku from Laptop

Homage to Douglas Adams? I don’t know what you’re talking about, it’s Somebody Else’s Problem.

• April 22, 2013 at 2:55 pmMagoiichi

Epicness, there are no other words, so many references.