Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince – 14
「アッシュの影」 (Asshu no kage)
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – Majestic Prince is in a league of its own when it goes all-out with the action-packed buzz! Every space battle has so far been a crackerjack of choreographies and the latest confrontation has, no doubt, featured some of the best extended action sequences in mecha history – they were intense, riveting and gorgeously animated! The supposedly straightforward rescue mission turned out to be a highly suspenseful thrill ride, and Jiart’s sudden reappearance was most definitely a big part of the reason – not only did he manage to singlehandedly manhandled Black 6 like a toddler, he was also able to go up against Izuru, who was in his berserker trance, with relative ease. Yes, it appears that Izuru, the usually calm and dorky leader of the Zannen 5, has another side of him that we’re not aware of – a trance-like fury that is very similar to that of Kuroki Ange’s alleged “split personality”! Izuru’s seeming rapture has fascinatingly evoked a certain transformation to his humanoid mecha, and it goes without saying the souped-up version of Red 5 was quite a marvel to behold – it has an appended pair of eyes, the incorporation of new weapons, and an ameliorated get-up for both its wings and tails! Not to be overshadowed by Izuru, Jiart was also capable of entering a state of ecstasy of his own and his bio-mecha came across a similar metamorphosis that gave it an eye-catching new form – one that comprises a whip-sword as a weapon and a peach aura which shrouds the entire machine!
It’s certainly quite a testament to Jiart’s prodigious skill as a pilot – and perhaps the Wulgaru’s supreme edge in warfare technology – that he was more than competent to hold his own against the entire squadron of Earth’s elite. Izuru was the sole combatant who stood the slightest chance of withstanding his fast-paced carnage, and no question, this week’s epic duel has simply served to reinforce Jiart’s ostensible fascination with Izuru. I highly doubt this will be the last time those two face off and if what we saw in this episode is any indicator, the extravaganzas to come can only be grander and ever more larger-than-life! Teoria, the lovely Wulgaru defector, has also made her reemergence this week, and it was her words of encouragement that spurred Izuru on to strike his enemies in such a dauntless fashion – and by extension, the mere reason why the young pilot is even alive! The exact nature of their relationship remained misted in enigma and there’s definitely more to it than meets the eyes. I don’t think anyone would question the mutual attraction that exists between those two, and the brief but exquisite moments that they shared were, needless to say, beautiful, poignant and highly sentimental in its effect!
The latest happenings have introduced a whole new dilemma for the current “love triangle” – or should I say, “love pentagon” – and Izuru certainly has a tough choice to make when his day of reckoning comes. Teoria has become a sort of confidante for Izuru, and her solacing speech was what reassured the young pilot when his apparent self-doubt was eating him alive. Kei, on the other hand, has been supporting Izuru quietly from the background, and while her intention appears as clear as a bell to the audience – and perhaps Toshikazu – it sure as hell does not look like Izuru has caught wind of her seeming affection just yet. For now, I would say Teoria has a slight upper hand, and the mysterious past that she shares with Izuru is bound to come into play again in the forthcoming character expositions. Interestingly enough, there seems to be another romantic subplot – independent of the pentagon cited above – that is slowly but surely brewing in the backdrop. Tamaki, the lovestruck “baka” of Team Rabbit, might have just hit the jackpot, and it must be to her greatest delight that Patrick Hoyle (Murase Ayumu), one of the hotties from Team Doberman, has fallen head over heels in love with her. I’ll be honest – I can’t, for the love of Mike, see Tamaki in any serious relationships, but such a development is most definitely worth keeping an eye on – if it doesn’t amount to anything momentous, the character dynamics should, at the very least, set the stage for a good chuckle or two!
- This episode was mecha porn at its very best! – I’ve lost count on how many times I’ve replayed the last 5 minutes! It was simply marvelous and my second-rate writing can never do justice to its sheer grandiosity!
- “Let’s borrow something more intense from Randy” – Toshikazu probably just wants the porn collection for himself! I shall direct him to High School DxD. Rias sempai will take care of him real good!
- “I think it’s very normal for guys our age to be interested in sex” – I commend Izuru for his candor, but it seems like their quest to revisit the porn stash has failed miserably!
- Those are some pretty exquisite child-bearing hips! – Let’s play a game, guess whose ass is that?
- “What about Ange chan? Don’t you ever call me that!” – Ange’s all dere dere for Izuru. I wonder what’s up with that!
- “Ouch, my tummy!” – Ange was able to outclass everyone is almost everything, so much so that she gave Ataru a Toshikazu-like stomachache!
- “It’s like a waterslide, ohoho!” – I love the goofy faces that define everyone’s quirkiness and Tamaki has some of the very bests!
- “Isn’t that just a blob of sugar?” – Ataru totally deserved that “death glare” from Kei. Nobody insults her, Kei’s just perfect the way she is!
tl;dr: @SeishunRC – #MajesticPrince 14: There’s no denying it – Majestic Prince embodies the very definition of a mecha porn. This series is perhaps the most epic action piece that you’re not watching this season! #Anime
Full-length images: 02, 06, 11.