Yozakura Quartet – Hana no Uta – 11, 12 »« Yozakura Quartet – Hana no Uta – 09

Yozakura Quartet – Hana no Uta – 10

Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   01 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   02 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   03
Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   04 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   05 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   06
Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   07 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   08 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   09
Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   10 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   11 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   12
Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   13 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   14 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   15
Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   16 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   17 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   18
Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   19 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   20 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   21
Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   22 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   23 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   24
Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   25 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   26 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   27
Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   28 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   29 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   30
Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   31 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   32 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   33
Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   34 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   35 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   36

「ロクノイチ 後」 (Roku no Ichi )
“One of Six After”

It’s the last of the “lite” episodes that pretty much made up half of Yozakura Quartet, and now that we’re at the end of it all, I’ve gotta say that in retrospect, they’ve really managed resonate with me throughout this season. I enjoyed seeing the characters going about and getting up to hijinks in their everyday lives, and in particular the breezy way the show went about it. So yea, I’m pretty glad overall that they’ve managed to close it off on a rather sentimental note here with Ao and Hime. The show of mutual concern and headpatting (can’t be the only one who noticed how much there was in this episode?) really doesn’t attempt to trek any significant ground in terms of character or plot. But I’ve always liked how they’ve managed to infuse character interactions with a lot of sincerity, especially with how they got the mutual concern of Hime and Ao down; this perhaps more a result of the expressive directing (all that atmospheric lighting!) and the great work put out by the voice acting rather than the actual writing. Still, this was perhaps my favorite of the “lite” moments from Hana no Uta…well, except for anything to do with the elders or Enjin.

Second half of the episode puts the Juri the nurse into the hot seat, and while her backstory didn’t really do all that for me again, watching Age-reversed Yuuhi and Yae was a riot, with a tsundere(?) Mariebelle tagging along as bonus. By the end though, you’ve pretty much can already figure out what’s gonna be coming up in this next arc; I’ve got slightly higher hopes for this arc since it follows the pretty strong Hoshi no Umi arc, and the conflict at the heart of this arc certainly seems poised to bring it to the same level.

Author’s Notes

Really (Extremely) short post this week because I’m crammed with exams and project. I’ll be taking a leave of absence next week to focus on my work, so episode 11 will be push back as a double post with 12. I’ll see you guys back during Christmas!

Full-length images: 16.

Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   Preview 01 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   Preview 02 Yozakura Quartet   Hana no Uta   10   Preview 03
December 13, 2013 at 3:12 pm
  • December 13, 2013 at 3:56 pmthedarktower

it was like watching 2 different lovely mini-episodes.
    A-part consisted of Hime and Ao and a bit of internal interaction with the rest. but mostly Ao, whom I really like, was somehow in the center this part, without YQ even telling us about it. she was…shining in this ep. presenting a lot of sincerity, honest, naive, smiling and a lot of good will to take care for the rest. all of this, despite the fact she is probably conflicted and concerned over her brother and the town. in fact, she is resolved to do her best and help Akina, Hime and the town.
    Eh-oh-satellitoooooooooo (:

B-part was a very interesting flashback, showing us an old interaction between some of the “old” secondary cast – Juri, Yui, Yae and Hime’s grandma. it was really nice. I wonder how much relevant is this gonna be.

well, 3 eps left. and it seems like YQ gonna be much more intense in the upcoming eps. after all, it is supposed to be highlight, the arc that is connected to the OVA and the series bears that arc’s name. gonna be awesome.

p.s
    head-patting is YQ second name (well maybe third ’cause there is Tsun-Tsun-Dere. but that’s not really a name…I ended up being confused ;-; ).

and don’t worry about us. focus on your exams and all. best luck!

• December 13, 2013 at 3:57 pmlorenzo

If there’s one thing I don’t like about this adaptation it’s the extra fanservice: I don’t get why they had to depict Juri in the underwear, when in the original scene from the manga, she lay on the bed dressed. And that counts for all the panty shots they added in the fight scenes.
    It’s just… not the same feel as the manga. It makes it look like they had to spice things up with eye candy, otherwise the original material was not good enough. I may be nitpicking, but I really like the original manga, and sometimes I get annoyed at how the anime treats it.

• December 13, 2013 at 4:57 pmKurisu Vi Britannia

Doesn’t matter, saw boobs.

• December 14, 2013 at 1:31 pmIalda

My gosh, all these people whining because there may be slighty more fanservice in Hana no Uta than in the original manga are insufferable. You are watching anime, where panties have been a common sight since the 80s.

• December 19, 2013 at 10:05 amlorenzo

Yeah, sure, I know it’s a common thing in anime nowadays. It just feels stupid in this case. It’s mere eyecandy. This is such a good manga; its selling points shouldn’t be panty shots or girls kissing or whatelse.

• December 13, 2013 at 7:21 pmKF

Love it!

TQ

• December 13, 2013 at 7:24 pmc2710

Wooots…….

That grandma looks like a 3rd-dan or higher aikidoist….

That flip throw….. Yes if you don’t roll or slam properly….. A bruised knee is the least of your problem.

And I don’t mind having Juri as sparing partner. Particularly during randori and ji waza. Former being free movement and the latter being sparring

• December 13, 2013 at 7:26 pmc2710

Juri did a perfect hip throw by the way. Those hips went right in.

• December 13, 2013 at 9:18 pmewok40k

I knew I was not the only one who’d like to train with Juri!
      The best thing about Juri being sparring partner is she can tend to any injuries she would cause – immediately after!
      And for those who really like fanservice, DAT UNDERWEAR SLEEPING JURI!

• December 13, 2013 at 9:30 pmc2710

Juri’s one of the reasons why I watch YZQ.

I don’t mind slowing down for Juri but if sensei say go all out and attack her…. Don’t mind as well.

There’s one pretty girl at the dojo I train though she’s too kind and hesitant to trash us to the floor. Albeit 10 yrs younger than me though…

• December 21, 2013 at 4:55 amthedarktower

bad and shocking news I am afraid.
    Cthuko subs are disbanding.
    so, there won’t be episode 11 or any other by them.
    at first I thought it was just a delay. but it isn’t…

that is just sad since only 3 eps left and they are somewhat the core of all “hana no uta”.

I hope someone else will pick up this project because right now..no one is subbing YQ.
    such misfortune!