Naruto 680 – All Your Chakra »« Naruto 678 – All A Dream

Naruto 679 – Rebirth

Naruto Manga   679   01

Why hello there, Kaguya. Nice to see you again. How’s it feel to finally have an actual body and the ability to do things by yourself instead of proxying in the shadows? Good? Cool.

Too bad it’s anything but cool for our main cast. Because apparently, what Kaguya intends to do is absorb everyone’s chakra while transforming them all into an army of White Zetsu, and it’s like a scene straight out of some vampire fantasy where blood’s replaced with chakra and vampires are replaced with Zetsus. Kinda. Well, it’s a tad different, but yeah, the chapter’s focus is on Kaguya’s official return and her near-term goal, and it’s generally a transitional chapter without much development aside from this notion.

With that said, perhaps the question this chapter begs to be asked is what exactly the point would be to turn everyone into White Zetsus in the first place. Considering there’d be no one left to fight aside from Team 7 and the undead Hokage (at least it seems like they’re the only ones at the moment anyway) and the fact her chakra and abilities seem to be on a whole other level unattainable by any of the cast, one wonders what the point would be to just have a giant zombie army with no enemy to face. Unless there’s suddenly aliens or something…? I don’t know. Does she just want to demolish the ninja world as it is at this point in time…? Sure seems like we’re not exactly getting the full picture here. Guess we’ll see how it goes. At least we found out the name of the other brother in Hamura though.

June 4, 2014 at 4:04 pm
  • June 4, 2014 at 4:11 pmEamonX

Surprise final boss Necron.

• June 4, 2014 at 6:33 pmShanHaxx

I remembered being unable to beat Necron on my first playthrough. I ended up resigning myself to my fate, giving up after a few dozens of attempts, which was a real shame considering I had enjoyed Final Fantasy IX. However, in a miraculous last ditch attempt, I decided to use all the characters I had rarely used to fight him one last time. It consisted of Quina, Amarant, and can’t remember who else. I decided to use Quina’s Frog Drop, mainly for the lolz. Against all the odds, it did 9999 damage, and with my crappiest, lowest-levelled team I managed to beat Necron.

Moral of the Story:

Quina = Ten Ten???
      Frog Drop = Benihisago and Kohaku no Jōhei???

• June 4, 2014 at 7:36 pmEamonX

lol, that was a funny read.

Though I don’t remember finding Necron that difficult. My party was Zidane, Vivi, Dagger and Amarant.

• June 5, 2014 at 12:55 amTechim

LOL. And back in the review for Chapter 672 I even predicted that Madara would get betrayed and his body somewhat sacrificed for final boss appearance :p

• June 5, 2014 at 2:31 amSerRompalot

At first I thought you were talking about grimdark Necron, so you can imagine how confused I was when I was reading through Shan’s reply.

• June 4, 2014 at 4:21 pmL002

……I’m shocked, now Madara is no longer the final boss; you would have expected him to be like Gin with Aizen and say “just as planned” as he kills Black Zetsu, but it looks like Black Zetsu succeeded. Now a “new boss” comes along. It reminds me of that Star Fox Adventures game, where the “final boss” gets killed and the “real final boss” shows himself when you barely get a chance to do some “real business” with the expected boss.

• June 4, 2014 at 4:31 pmRyudo

And so the true face of evil of the entire Naruto series finally appears~

• June 4, 2014 at 4:37 pmHochmeister

So I caught up to Naruto after a few months away, and what do I find? BS reincarnation powerups handed out by a dead guy, weird-ass forehead eyes, Sakura failing like it’s part 1, Sasuke being a dick, Naruto an idiot, and to top it all off the final villain has now changed from Madara to some Byakusharinnegan wielding moon-bunny girl.

Yeah it’s not really much worse than some of the other things Kishi’s pulled over the years, but at this point I’m just fed up and tired. The only thing keeping me going was the expectation that this series would finally end after the Madara fight (and possibly a Naruto vs Sasuke rematch). Sticking Kaguya in is just needlessly stretching out a conflict that’s already gone on far past the point of being excruciatingly long. Worse yet, I’m actually slightly afraid that this is all setup for a “Naruto Z: Shinobi IN SPACE!” sequel which would let Kishi avoid actually finishing the darn story while continuing to milk the franchise. Screw this, I’m dropping Naruto again, this time for good until it’s finished. This just isn’t worth my attention on a weekly basis anymore, and I’m going to be far happier putting it from my mind until I can finish it in a single, undoubtedly painful, run.

• June 4, 2014 at 4:39 pmlolol

1st boss : Obito
    2nd boss : Madara
    3rd boss : Kaguya

let the battle begin~~ to beat kaguya with power up start with naruto and sasuke with fusion ha!

• June 4, 2014 at 4:47 pmL002

lol, more fusion. Mmmm This isn’t going to fusion via kiss right?

• June 5, 2014 at 12:58 amTechim

Kaguya’s not gonna be easy..
      She’s the precursor to ninjutsu.
      She has the Sharingan, Rinnegan, AND BYAKUGAN.

….though I have a feeling that those Sage Tools that Madara spat out a while ago might play an important role somehow.

• June 5, 2014 at 10:36 amWorldwideweb

Then she has the Sharibya eyes…the kami-sama ones..

• June 4, 2014 at 4:39 pmTravolta

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• June 4, 2014 at 4:50 pmKF

Wonder how did Kaguya died in the first place or is she never dead to begin with?

• June 4, 2014 at 4:53 pmdiaz

Aliens, it’s all about them, I called it when the old man explained about this girl here and stuff :P

• June 4, 2014 at 4:58 pmNymbryxion

Seems like they keep moving up the food chain fighting all the historical legends in their universe…

• June 4, 2014 at 4:59 pmMelgar

Wait a minute!! I always thought that the white zetsus were clones of the first Hokage…kind of confusing right know…
    And the way Kishi got rid of Madara was really depressing….

• June 4, 2014 at 5:27 pmLastTywinFan

Goods god, I used to do review about every single episode of the manga and the anime but now I’m just reading to see how is going to end. The guy in Bakuman was right, you got the end a series when is in the top.

• June 4, 2014 at 7:19 pmAnon

Prediction: Ten ten save the day, we get madara back, all is ok.

• June 4, 2014 at 7:44 pmYogo

Did anyone else think Madara went out in a stupid way :/? The legendary invincible Uchiha, savior of the world… killed by a Zetsu, and in a humiliating way (inflated like a balloon). ‘Nuff said, I think Kubo is currently writing in place of Kishimoto or something :L.

• June 4, 2014 at 9:35 pmWinged Robot

Yeah, it was kinda stupid but Kishi put himself into a box with Madara’s character. He was pretty much unbeatable. The only way to stop him would have been an intervention from a more powerful character. Kaguya fits that bill perfectly.

That said, I don’t think the battle with Kaguya will be a classic who’s-got-the-most-chakra-wins fight. It just can’t be. Unless Kishi has some more out of the blue power-ups to give, she’s just too powerful for any of our characters to believably beat. There’ll be some fighting no doubt, but beating her that way won’t what’s going to stop her. I predict a lot of debating between her, Naruto, and everyone else left over who is right. A bunch of talk-no-jutsu as some would say.

• June 4, 2014 at 9:08 pmKulticose

Holy shit the Deus Ex is strong in this one.

• June 4, 2014 at 9:15 pmSwarz

Well, that escalated quickly.

• June 4, 2014 at 10:30 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Yep, seems I was right. Kaguya was a malevolent being who was probably killed by Hagaromo and/or his unnamed brother. Now she seeks to take back all the chakra Hagaromo spread around and got passed down through the ages and, like Madara, destroy and/or turn everyone into mindless, lifeless beings as a way of maintaining “true peace”.

All I hope is that Kishi does not, yet again, just hand Naruto and Sasuke more hax power-ups to fight her.

Otherwise, Hagaromo’s tools will seal her away while Talk no Jutsu fails in the meantime.

• June 5, 2014 at 8:34 amTez

His brother has a name, it’s Hamura. Kaguya mentioned it in this chapter

• June 4, 2014 at 10:43 pmRyuuzaki

Kaguya looks like the shinigami the hokages used to seal shits away.

• June 4, 2014 at 11:27 pmHater

When Madara inflated and was about to burst, it reminded me of that scene in Akira. Oh the horror.

• June 5, 2014 at 12:26 amW.P

“That’s not even my final form!”
    What’s with this Kill la Kill vibrance?
    All other people are turned into alien soldiers. Naruto-Ryuko and Sasuke-Satsuke fighting their mom (grand-grand-grand-grandmom, okay).

For god sake make it end already!

• June 5, 2014 at 10:32 amWorldwideweb

We still not at the world tree
      She ate the fruit, do not forget it

• June 5, 2014 at 1:03 amrazz0104

Fuck it…. I’ll just pretend that I still know what the fuck is happening.

• June 5, 2014 at 1:04 ammyuna

And this chapter also showed the sasuke failed in his analysis and was to hasty in his actions, I hope kakashi will come up with a good plan.

• June 5, 2014 at 1:43 amCass0

I get a Gurren Lagann feel coming on. Kaguya/Madara= Antispiral turning entire home planet into comatose slaves. Team 7 just might end up dreaming as well and Jiraiya/Kamina will travel through everyone’s dream to wake them up LOL!!!

Yeah I know thats not really going to happen, but still. This concept isn’t all that original to me. Asura’s Wrath had Deus built up as the final boss, but it ended up being the supposed creator of all things. I agree with @Hochmeister above. Kaguya’s appearance is too late and seems more like a prelude to more things to come. I mean where exactly did she come from and what does she need an army of white zetsu for???? The entire world will be asleep what could you possibly be fighting unless your enemies aren’t from the world itself. I don’t see alien involvement though. Kishimoto might venture into the demon/angel/spirit territory, but here’s hoping it doesn’t go that route with Naruto. He can do that in a brand new manga, but keep the ninjas fighting ninjas please. Except Kaguya is already there so oh well….and on one last note Madara got RULE 63d son bwhahahahaha

• June 5, 2014 at 2:20 amSmokex365

There was something about Kaguya being from a “far away place” back in chapter 670. That could be space, another dimension, another time or simply another land mass on the planet.

• June 5, 2014 at 4:22 pmSouthSky

Kishi always takes elements from Japanese folktales, so it wouldn’t be surprising if the story ended up being along the lines of this tale http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaguya-hime.

• June 6, 2014 at 2:15 amExiled_Gundam

Maybe Kaguya is collecting fuel to return to her home planet

• June 5, 2014 at 4:32 amKurisu Vi Britannia

INB4 SOMEONES PULLING KAGUYA’S STRINGS.

• June 5, 2014 at 8:23 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

We all know it’s Tonton.

• June 5, 2014 at 5:41 amLone Wanderer

Remember Hagoromo told Naruto that Kaguya came from a far away place? Maybe sooner or later we’ll finally see the Ancients, Ancestors, Creators, or whatever come…

• June 5, 2014 at 10:30 amWorldwideweb

Yesterday: Bleach is to funny…
    Watched Naruto today: O.o

Bleach my love, on the 2nd view you are so adorable…

;)

Yes, this Episode of Naruto is more then a asspull

• June 5, 2014 at 11:00 amDream~Master

yea…someone needs to call goku..it’s either that, or the husband (so I wish) comes an spanks her.

• June 5, 2014 at 11:15 amWorldwideweb

Naruto will function as chakra battery for sasuke. Remember he can made his chakra transform to al kind of need. And he has the dark half inside so compatibily to sasuke

• June 5, 2014 at 12:13 pmBraveSong

The final villain is a female for once. I like that

• June 6, 2014 at 2:02 amGinobi47

Wow… ass pull much?

How I wish this would move on to the next generation. An older Naruto or Naruto’s kid…. anything is better than constantly pulling out villians from nowhere

• June 6, 2014 at 6:45 amGermanguy

This Villain is born from the Chakra, as if that much Chakra combined in a Body had it own will back. Like some Earth Goddess born from faith or so

But this “teleport” thing in the end, it was to much Ice on the Cake.. or did she teleport them all under the earth in a Magma cave?

• June 6, 2014 at 2:13 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

Actually, Kaguya had already existed. She merely became so powerful by eating the fruit of the Shinju/God Tree (which all came from the planet evidently, Dragonball Z: Tree of Might anyone?), but it’s clear that she kept all that power to herself and quite possibly was put down by her own sons who, at least Hagaromo anyway, went out and spread the knowledge and usage of chakra to everyone else in hopes of chakra being the key to everybody understanding one another and thus truly end all war unlike Kaguya’s methods.

• June 6, 2014 at 5:56 amNorioku

Soon this arc will be over and maybe we’ll get another time skip to make way for: Naruto… IN SPACE!

Seriously I hope I doesn’t become like the DBZ franchise.

• June 6, 2014 at 2:18 pmHalfDemonInuyasha

It already IS like DBZ by this point. (Dragonball Z: Tree of Might.)

The difference is that at least DBZ doesn’t throw in more and more powerful enemies every bunch of chapters and tends to stick with the main “big bad” until the end of the arc BEFORE introducing a new, more powerful one and just offing the previous one for…reasons.

• June 6, 2014 at 9:22 amCraig McLeod

Supprise! It was Ameno-sagiri the whole time!

And this load of toilet paper headlines Jump whilst Stealth Symphony is threatened with the axe.

There is something fundamentally rotten with Jump.

• June 8, 2014 at 12:35 amnarutokun1

geez!..i think im getting too old for this