RandomC Podcast #10 – Blogger X Blogger
I’ll let you figure out which one of us is which
This podcast has been a long time coming.
It’s been a long ordeal for me, never being able to talk about Hunter X Hunter on a podcast. So when the not-cold Scot joined the team, it was only a matter of time before this podcast was born. Needless to say it’s unusual to have a podcast with two writers, never mind one focused around one series – but we both feel Hunter X Hunter is so exceptional that it merited extreme measures.
Another area both Samu and I specialize in is sports anime, so we thought this was a good time to give another underexposed topic some RC podcast love. It’s an era of unprecedented commercial success for sports anime and a fascinating and fast-changing time for the genre.
My apologies for my even greater than normal lack of eloquence – not only was I fighting a cold, but it was very early in the morning in Japan (trying to synch the schedules for three continents is never an easy thing).
Two writers, no waiting:
00:00 – Intro
00:40 – The headliner speaks
01:15 – Hunter X Hunter (spoilers begin at 14:30)
- What mangaka would you choose to continue Hunter X Hunter if Togashi retired?
- What’s in a name?
- H x H’s appeal in two minutes or less
- Where do you see Gon and Killua’s friendship going?
- Favorite arcs and why
- Kiseijuu as an inspiration for “Chimera Ant”
- Why are fans so hostile towards Togashi Yoshihiro?
51:05 – Sports Anime
- Why have sports anime exploded in popularity?
- Trail-blazers (Ookiku Furikabutte, Prince of Tennis)
- Recommendations among older sports series (Capeta, Giant Killing, Adachi)
71:18 – Under-appreciated gems
84:05 – Brief thoughts on the Spring 2015 season
- Enzo: Arslan Senki, Baby Steps 2, Plastic Memories, Owari no Seraph
- Samu – “Season of extremes”, Owari no Seraph, Shokugeki no Souma, Baby Steps 2, Kekkai Sensen
93:10 – Stop listening and go watch Hunter X Hunter 2011!
Download 160 kbps (82.26 MB)