Fall 2016 Schedule »« Spring 2016 Schedule

Arslan Senki: Fuujin Ranbu
17:00 MBS (7/3)
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan
7:05 TX (7/4)
Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu
22:55 AT-X (7/5)
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei!!
23:00 AT-X (7/6)
orange
24:00 MX (7/3)
Mob Psycho 100
24:00 MX (7/11)
Masou Gakuen HxH
24:30 AT-X (7/5)
Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!
26:28 TBS (7/7)
91Days
25:55 TBS (7/8)
Hatsukoi Monster
23:00 MX (7/2)
Active Raid -Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari- 2nd
24:30 BS4 (7/10)
SHOW BY ROCK!! Short!!
25:00 MX (7/4)
Scared Rider Xechs
25:35 TX (7/5)
Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei Bu LOVE! LOVE!
26:35 TX (7/7)
2 2 2 2 Not covering

Manga

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Bleach
Weekly Shounen Jump
Legend: 1

Now that every show has had a few episodes to strut its stuff, it’s time to tell you what we’ll be blogging this season. This is Random Curiosity’s Summer 2016 blogging schedule.

As always, this is a tentative overview of our plans for the new season . . . is what we used to say, but with 2-3 episodes under our belts, we’re pretty confident in our picks. Will some of them blow up in our faces? Probably. But this is what we’re going with.

In staff news, Zanibas is back! Partially. He was planning to do a couple of shows this season, but his new job or whatever (everyone on the RC staff seems to have just moved, gotten a new job, or both—I’m in the both + more camp) is busier than expected, so he’s going to stick with one for now and come on stronger next season. And since that one show has already all aired, Netflix-style, you can expect his post on the series soon.

In show news, I decided to discontinue coverage of Sousei no Onmyouji at the season break, as did Jig with Kuromukuro. We don’t like to drop shows as a rule, but while neither of us disliked these shows exactly, they were becoming a bad use of our blogging time. Apologies to fans of those series, though I think the shows we’re covering instead are well worth the lapsed coverage.

As for continuing shows, Cherrie is keeping Re: Zero, as is Zephy continuing with Macross. Passerby is also doing Planetarian, which, since it’s an ONA it isn’t listed on the schedule any more than Gundam Unicorn was, but it’s definitely getting coverage. Because Pa-kun is a maso like that. In manga news, Samu will be blogging the last few chapters of Bleach, and Enzo will resume covering Hunter x Hunter when it gets back from hiatus, so it’s been removed from the schedule for now.

That’s all I have for now. If there are any changes, this post will be updated accordingly. Thank you as always for reading as we geek out about anime, and geeking out along with us. Let’s have another great season!

July 19, 2016 at 10:53 pm
  • July 19, 2016 at 11:47 pmzztop

In regards to Kuromukuro, quite a few plot reveals have happened since ep 13, where Show Spoiler ▼

That said, I can understand the drop, given Jig’s frustration with the writing withholding the central alien mystery in favour of character interaction and development episodes.

• July 20, 2016 at 2:37 aminfo600

*Sees Kuromukuro dropped*
      *manly tears shed*

And it had gotten more interesting than with what zztop had mentioned too…

• July 20, 2016 at 3:49 amJayDrink

I actually dropped Kuromukuro after 2 episodes, though mainly because I was following too many other shows at the time. Would you guys recommend that I catch up with it and give it a chance? Is it worth it?

• July 20, 2016 at 7:38 amzztop

@JayDrink: Absolutely worth it, especially if you enjoy character developments and interactions supported with mecha and a scifi mystery.
        The 1st 13 episodes with official subtitles are up on Netflix, so there’s plenty of opportunity to catch up!

A few official reviews of Season 1 are out, and are pretty positive – “competent, solid storytelling, good character interactions, an intriguing mystery (that’s still ongoing).

Beyond that, you’ll need to rely on fansubs (or try access Netflix Japan, which screens weekly with subs). There was a group called gg that subbed Kuromukuro, but it’s now on hiatus since their (secret) regular script contributor’s too busy with real life to provide scripts for them.

• July 20, 2016 at 8:25 amgoukaryuu

I see Jig has a thing for anime with Days in the title. :P

Also, congratulations Stilts on your new job! (I knew you had moved recently.)

• July 20, 2016 at 1:21 pmStilts

Thank you! It’s been a busy few months for a bunch of us.

• July 20, 2016 at 10:42 pmJig

;^)

• July 20, 2016 at 10:26 amLyfe

I think you made the right choices for shows to cover judging from the discussions on some of them. It’s better to cover something that people are interested in and are talking about. I mean, I would have loved to have seen Active Raid covered here, but you would probably struggle to count the number of people on one hand here that would probably follow it to the end and talk about it here lol.

After all, you must dedicate a fair amount of time doing these posts.

• July 20, 2016 at 1:22 pmStilts

Something like 2-3hrs per post, aye. That includes the time we’d spend watching it anyway, of course, but still not a small time commitment.

• July 20, 2016 at 1:26 pmLyfe

Keep up the good work, you all do a great job. Hopefully it won’t be long before you’re doing Log Horizon Season 3. Looking like 2017 at the earliest for that huh? I hope something comes of it..

• July 20, 2016 at 11:58 amBrahmaputrastt

> Amanchu is covered

Finally, after all these years. A quality episodic review on a series by Kozue Amano \o/

• July 20, 2016 at 1:07 pmSherrisLok

A bit of a downer nobody covers Binan Koukou Chikyuu Boueibu…

• July 20, 2016 at 1:15 pmLyfe

Given the number of homophobic responses Super Lovers, and Shounen Maid received on here, I can see why. Shounen Maid was an odd one to see it on, I saw a few small minded comments on that from people assuming it was some kind of boys love series. It’s a shame that some people feel threatened by the shows.

• July 20, 2016 at 1:40 pmSherrisLok

Your mindset seriously disturbs me. So a series should not be blogged because there is a chance it’ll be heavily trolled? Should scum (that’s what they are) dictate what is getting covered and what is not?

• July 20, 2016 at 1:57 pmLyfe

Huh? I just think it would be a bit pointless if the show itself isn’t being discussed on a whole, but that’s just my opinion. I was actually kinda disappointed that Super Lovers wasn’t covered, but happy Shounen Maid was(Though I fell behind on that and didn’t contribute much, I did however read the write ups by Guardian Enzo, which were quite good!). :)

• July 22, 2016 at 5:34 pmGuardian Enzo

Thank you!

One of the real underrated shows of the year. And the manga isn’t even being scanlated these days – it really sucks.

• July 21, 2016 at 4:34 pmSherrisLok

@Lyfe
      I don’t know. I think judging popularity of a show by the number of comments it gets may be misleading. People may read posts, but don’t feel they have anything to add?

• July 21, 2016 at 9:04 pmStilts

Not gonna comment on the trolling. That doesn’t really factor into our blogging decisions. Mostly it just wasn’t likely Binan was going to get covered for other reasons. Maybe that’s just my insider viewpoint, but it’s a fairly niche show for which we didn’t blog the first season and which no blogger is totally bonkers for (Enzo likes it I believe, but not rabid for it). That’s not a recipe for coverage most of the time, unless one of us gets in one of those moods.

• July 21, 2016 at 3:19 amtombeet

Just a slight disappointment that Adleramin and Saiki K didn’t have a chance to get cover here. But judging from the amount of good shows get coverage I’m pretty happy with the schedule.

Isn’t it lovely that Orange got what it deserves? (Orange box!)

• July 21, 2016 at 3:54 amSamu

I agree, it is a lovely coincidence ;)

• July 21, 2016 at 6:21 amMurasaki Hiruza

I’m happy to see ReLife included~
    Will it be episodic review or overall review? The whole 13 episodes aired at once after all ( ´﹀` )

• July 21, 2016 at 11:02 amYanDaMan

Why is no one covering Danganronpa?

So much I want to vent in those coverage, haha.

• July 21, 2016 at 5:33 pmCherrie

I don’t hear a lot of the other writers jumping at the excitement that is Danganronpa. =(
      Unfortunately since I was the only one blogging it and I capped myself at 2 shows this season, it’ll be left uncovered T_T Maybe I’ll do ep. 2 for Zetsubou hen tomorrow though.

• July 22, 2016 at 10:27 amowq

After watching the first few episodes, I think it will be a superb masterpiece for people who played the game or who are going to play the game. For people other than that, maybe not…

• July 21, 2016 at 5:39 pmAzsurance

How is ReLife going to be covered? They released all episodes at once.

• July 21, 2016 at 9:06 pmStilts

@Azsurance @Murasaki Hiruza

One big post for the whole series. It should be out soon.

• July 21, 2016 at 9:56 pmNishizawa Mihashi

I would’ve really liked it if someone covered Alderamin, cuz judging from the latest 2 episodes, that show’s gettin pretty serious. Also, no coverage of Taboo Tattoo… Hmm…

• July 21, 2016 at 10:43 pmPancakes

To be frank regarding Taboo Tattoo, it is derivative and offers nothing new (at least yet) which hasn’t been seen in other series. The show also suffers from the adaptation curse of chopped material yielding disorganized character/story development. Unless someone was significantly enamoured of the source material beforehand, I can see why it would be passed over for coverage.

• July 22, 2016 at 9:13 amNishizawa Mihashi

Chopped material? Didn’t know that. First time I’ve even heard of this series really. Also, humor’s derivative though I just like the fights, they look brutal so oh well, I’ll watch it on my own I guess.

• July 22, 2016 at 12:24 amShensu3

It’s too bad saiki kusou no Sai nan is not being covered. It’s not just the anime industry where the standards are dropping.
    You’d rather cover shit shows that the general tasteless population watches. Pity. Sure this post is going to get a lot of hate. But I speak the truth. Lots of crappy shows season after season. Anime is nothing more than a hikkikomori otaku moe fantasy. people turning into moe loving hikikomori freaks is the worst possible outcome of a beautiful art form. I used to have respect for this place. Not anymore. I’ll still lurk around though.

• July 22, 2016 at 12:27 amShensu3

These goddamn generic high school / sword art online / moe girls kinds of shows never stop getting made do they ? Virus.

• July 22, 2016 at 5:03 amFerd Xtra

aw… no kono bijutsubu anime cover… /sad

oh well…

• July 24, 2016 at 12:07 amichigo

Great choices, everyone!

I also extend my congratulations to all the RC staff who received a job, moved, or experienced both like Stilts.

• July 28, 2016 at 1:53 pmWanderer

Now that this has dropped off the front of the page, it might not hurt to add it to the side-bar like normal so it doesn’t get lost.

• July 28, 2016 at 3:47 pmCherrie