Spring 2017 Schedule »« Fall 2016 Schedule

Demi-chan wa Kataritai
24:00 MX (1/7)
Chain Chronicle ~Hekuseitasu no Hikari~
26:19 ABC (1/7)
Legend: 5 0 2 0
0 2 1 4 Not covering

Now that every show has had a few episodes to make its case, it’s time to tell you what we’ll be blogging this season. This is Random Curiosity’s Winter 2017 blogging schedule.

As always, this is a tentative overview of our plans for the new season . . . is what we used to say, but with multiple episodes under our belts, we’re pretty confident in our picks. Will some of them blow up in our faces? Probably. But this is what we’re going with.

In staff news, we’ve got a few writers taking the season off, some because they’re busy, some because nothing grabbed their attention. Fortunately our oldest and newest bloggers, Takaii and Pancakes respectively, are stepping up to be the heroes of the season! And to forestall the inevitable question, yes, we may very well recruit another writer ahead of spring. Maybe. Honestly, that’s Future Stilts’ problem, and that guy’s an asshole. Screw him. Let him figure it out.

In show news, we only had one carry-over, and yuusha Takaii is continuing with 3-gatsu, so all is going according to plan. I probably didn’t need to waste time with this paragraph, honestly. Such is life.

That’s all I’ve got this time. Thank you for reading as always, and for joining us for another wild and wacky season of anime. Banzai!

January 26, 2017 at 11:41 am
  • January 26, 2017 at 12:43 pmGouka Ryuu

Great! Everything I’m watching from this season is pretty much covered. Also good to see Stilts is back.

I never saw any announcement or the lie but given the change on the staff page I am guessing Zanibas has left us?

• January 26, 2017 at 1:19 pmCherrie

Zanibas retired a few seasons back. He definitely left a hole that will be hard to fill with all the romcoms he blogged… but with all his real life priorities, I hope he’s enjoying his spare time now =)

• January 26, 2017 at 2:56 pmGoukaRyuu

I hope so too. I also hope our current stock of writers stay for a good while.

• January 26, 2017 at 1:20 pmCherrie

I’ll cover Kuzu no Honkai for one more ep (today’s) and then pass it off to Pancakes =)

• January 26, 2017 at 1:31 pmMentar

I think you cover all the good shows – nice :)

• January 26, 2017 at 1:40 pmyoloalchemist

Wow, Pan-kun and Ta-kun are handling a lot of shows. Gambbate!

• January 26, 2017 at 11:12 pmPancakes

Someone’s got to do it, might as well be us :P

• January 26, 2017 at 2:02 pmShirocat

Okay, Guardian Enzo where are you? :( and good luck takaii and pancakes you chose a lot of series to cover :D

• January 26, 2017 at 2:44 pmLord Nayrael

With exception of Onihei, all shows I’m watching are being covered! Yay!

• January 26, 2017 at 3:20 pmNishizawa Mihashi

The ONLY show that I wish received more attention and coverage was Akiba Strip dawg. It’s one of those dumbass parody comedies with some really interesting, quirky and over-the-top things going on each episode damn, with the lack of attention and coverage for Bakuon being another example.

Oh well…

• January 26, 2017 at 3:24 pmNishizawa Mihashi

If and IF in the event you guys are gonna want another writer, then I’mma really gonna work on dem resumes cuz these shows like Akiba Strip and Bakuon just need some more love dawg.

• January 26, 2017 at 3:54 pmjeffyplaysandwatchs

Good thing Samu is covering the sequel of SGRS. I just finished watching the first, and it’s certainly a real favorite for me. Same thing goes for Passerby covering Little Witch Academia.

• January 26, 2017 at 3:58 pmPyon

I am so glad of the fact that 7 out of 7 shows I watch this season are covered here, it will be way more fun to follow them. Keep up with the good work!

• January 26, 2017 at 4:18 pmJason

Sad to see that Gabriel DropOut and Urara Meirochou aren’t being covered. Looking forward to ore coverage of LWA, Konosuba,Maid Dragon, and Ao no Exorcist though!

• January 26, 2017 at 11:15 pmPancakes

I would’ve covered Gabriel Dropout, but there sadly isn’t much to talk about. It’s all about the comedy and slapstick situations, which while hilarious, aren’t particularly good for blogging. I’ll definitely be doing an end post on it though, I love the show :P

• January 26, 2017 at 6:47 pmOne Pinch Man

Looks like Gabriel Dropout *puts on sunglasses* got dropped out.

YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH

Also I’m glad that Masamune-kun and Maid Dragon are being covered.

• January 26, 2017 at 7:17 pmWanderer

Five series? Good Heavens, Takaii, you are a madman.

• January 26, 2017 at 7:50 pmTakaii

I think the most I covered at once was 7 way back when

• January 27, 2017 at 5:51 pmLyfe

Wasn’t that ever stressful? I mean, knowing you had to get a post out fairly quickly for those shows to keep fans following the show on here happy? I couldn’t do that personally. That’s pretty cool if you do that for people though.

• February 5, 2017 at 12:49 amTakaii

I mean, when you enjoy what you do it doesn’t feel all that stressful. That and most of the commenters on my posts are all swell people.

Getting paid would be a nice bonus though.

• January 26, 2017 at 9:22 pmJeffers

my watchlist for this season is

masamune-kun no revenge
    gabriel dropout
    fuuka
    little witch academia
    kobayashi-san chi no maid dragon
    kono subarashii sekai ni shukufuku wo! 2
    demi-chan wa kataritai

in other words, the choices for this season blogging are great, and only one in my watch list (gabriel dropout) is not covered.

• January 27, 2017 at 2:51 amJaguar

This season I’m watching only 24 shows, pretty weak tbh

• January 27, 2017 at 6:14 ammasterjaw

Takaii is a beast!

Most of the shows that I’m watching are covered (well aside from some outliers here and there). All’s good!

• January 27, 2017 at 6:48 amronelm2000

Wait, so Passerby has officially dropped Rewrite? Ok.

• January 27, 2017 at 5:43 pmLyfe

Blame the mediocre adaption Rewrite received.

• January 27, 2017 at 10:03 pmronelm2000

I’d understand why, but Rewrite was so ripe with all the potential WMG. Truth be told, I want his official statement if he really is dropping the show. (Like with Gabriel Dropout)

• January 27, 2017 at 11:41 pmStilts

Pa-kun didn’t drop Rewrite so much as he didn’t pick up the second half. It happens with sequels sometimes.

• January 28, 2017 at 3:11 pmSnufkin

I really wish someone else would blog LWA. The first few posts have been pretentious writing that reflects the writer’s lack of knowledge in both traditional fantasy and the LWA production. As a genuine fan, I really don’t see the appeal in LWA posts that question the idea of brooms, as if they’re some conservative political gimmicks. I also don’t see how this writer can label ANIME as shounen and shoujo as if these are genres. Demographic =\= genre. It is also very annoying to constantly see Harry Potter being mentioned as something to compare the series to.

I miss the old RC!

• January 28, 2017 at 3:44 pmGuile

They’ve basically become their own genre, though?

Anime that is characterized as ‘shonen’ share the traits that manga like JUMP promote to the point I feel like it’s same-y enough to be its own genre. Same with shoujo, and to a lesser extent seinen. ‘Shonen’ stories have a recognizable art style, a set of common focuses and character arcs. Shonen can occupy an Adventure genre, a Fantasy pastiche, a sci-fi or sports manga, but the themes are generally the same.

• January 29, 2017 at 1:48 amSnufkin

I’m guessing you only think of these terms as the typical shounen action manga. You forget that shounen is more than OP, Naruto, AoEx, and all other sports. Kuzu no Honkai this season has everything you can find in typical shoujo manga but it’s a seinen manga. Yotsuba is running in a shounen magazine when it has everything typical for seinen. Kuroshitsuji is a shounen. Demographics are for magazines only.

• January 29, 2017 at 1:52 amSnufkin

I forgot to add: if you have these as categories for anime, what about other source material? See? It doesn’t work. You can say something is based on a shounen manga but it cannot be a shounen anime.

• January 28, 2017 at 4:37 pmLyfe

@As a genuine fan

What was the point of adding this part? If you’re both fans of the show, calling yourself a genuine fan doesn’t make you more of a fan than he is.

• January 29, 2017 at 1:43 amSnufkin

The point was that I don’t think he is a genuine fan. He is just writing things to sound intelligent. It’s pretentious writing and it’s removing value from the series. A genuine fantasy fan would not question brooms in an RC post. He is just a wannabe verdant.

• January 28, 2017 at 3:20 pmVicente F

No exported content from LiA this season?

• January 28, 2017 at 4:34 pmTakaii

Quick heads up — I’m at Anime Los Angeles this weekend and don’t really have great internet. Be ready for a flurry of posts when I get internet :^)

• January 29, 2017 at 9:12 amAzureDivinity

So… I guess Chaos;Child isn’t getting covered? I got baited into thinking it was because of the CHaos;Head on the side-bar. xD

• January 29, 2017 at 11:36 amasuna

Can u please give ur reviews about the 91 days anime and can anyone plz recommend me a nice romantic anime that has a good story? Furthermore i need cool anime wallpapers i had searched myself but found hardly one or two sites that fullfils my taste such as :
    so guys need ur help

• January 30, 2017 at 8:18 amstarss

Wow. I am following 4 animes this season alone, the highest number I ever had in years, and they’re all being covered on Random Curiosity! :D Lovely!

• March 6, 2017 at 8:39 amxian

So sad there’s no love for Gintama here.