Demi-chan wa Kataritai – 09 »« Demi-chan wa Kataritai – 07

Demi-chan wa Kataritai – 08

「亜人ちゃんは学びたい」 (Demi-chan wa Manabitai)
“Demi-chan Wants To Learn”

I also believe Satou-sensei would taste the best ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yuki is a Devilish Girl

Before getting deep into the cosplay community and really seeing people for who they are, I’d be the kind of guy who would have just giggled about seeing Yuki’s true self leak out when something piqued her interests. However, because I actually know a good number of people who are basically real life versions of Yuki, I found myself laughing pretty hard every time Yuki tried to cover up her random laughs or when she was having some “dirty” thoughts. And while I’m sure the animation as well as the timing of the jokes are what really drove things up, picturing my friends as Yuki in that position really pushed it over the top for me. That or maybe it was the mere fact we had the two females who have the craziest inner thoughts trying to have a civilized conversation with each other.

Friendship Level Up!

While the idea of friendship has been at the forefront of the show, I’ve really enjoyed how it manages to take a backseat to all the other things that are going on until the story decides it’s time to show us some true slice-of-life moments. Not only does it help accentuate the times where we get to see our three favorite girls just hang out and do things, the timing of when it happens usually occurs after a big event or two where we get to see a nice contrast as well as just how much the characters have grown. From Kyouko cracking jokes to Yuki being a lot less reserved and a lot more open, it’s nice to know that these moments serve a bigger purpose than just being the typical slice-of-life moment that a show is “supposed” to have.

Vampire Bites and Looking Ahead

Even though it may be a running joke at this point, I can appreciate the story not forgetting about Hikari and her vampire issues. Always trying to find some way to put some sexual undertones into it, it was surprising just how little there was during HIkari’s impromptu contest. At least, there was surprisingly little until Takahashi-sensei accidentally let his words come out in just the wrong way at just the wrong time.

In any case, I’ll catch you guys next week. See you then!

February 26, 2017 at 11:53 am
  • February 26, 2017 at 1:02 pmWorldwidedepp

Just an quick question:

The Succubus effect of her while sleeping in the country yard.. do the animal population grow like rabbits? :)

In other words, do her erotic dreams also effect animals? if yes, some smart farmer should cultivate some fish, chicken and other “mass production” livestock in her area. Surly not know that she is the source…

that would be an funny side effect, even if she affects flowers. An Succubus Home, surrounded by a see of flowers all time the year.. Magic?

• February 26, 2017 at 1:16 pmWorldwidedepp

I do not know the English name for it, but i mean the Fish “Krapfen”, the ones that swim an river upstream to lay eggs, and die of exhausting.. the farmer could run this kind nearby

• February 27, 2017 at 5:01 amKyral

I think you meant a “Karpfen”, a “Krapfen” is something different to eat. xD
        Oh, it’s carp in english.

But are Sakie’s dream powers working that way? We know her aphrodisiac effect only seem to effect humans who would see her as a potential mate.
        So maybe her dream powers are also only for the same category of people and won’t effect animals.
        Also… why should erotic dreams effect stuff like this in the first place… I had my share of erotic dreams, and the arousal pretty much went away as soon as I was awake again.
        I also don’t think a dream would effect animal estrous cycles.

• February 27, 2017 at 9:10 amWorldwidedepp

Yes, Karpfen. Sorry an typo of mine

But, how knows. If they need an “filler” perhaps they can use it

• February 26, 2017 at 1:07 pmAex

There is nothing I don’t love about this episode.

Takahashi-sensei’s coat-fluttering walk away and Satou-sensei’s masochism-inducing shoulder throw? Genius.

Pure. F-ing. Genius.

• February 26, 2017 at 2:37 pmBear

So we got a look at Satou-sensei’s school life at last. Thank god the succubus effect didn’t come out until at least middle school and she or her parents were smart enough to have her learn a martial art. Having the bully react to the pain like that was perfect. Ruined the bully’s social standing and probably screwed with him mentally as well. Also made sure the other boys weren’t going to take the chance of harassing her in the future.

• February 26, 2017 at 3:24 pmRyuutobi

• February 26, 2017 at 4:07 pmGuile

I think the first skit and the last were the funniest, but I think somehow I appreciated the Yuki/Satou skit the most?

Like, I didn’t like it the most, but it was still great to see Yuki getting a little more filled out as a character.

• February 26, 2017 at 4:39 pmGinobi47

• February 26, 2017 at 6:40 pmKaineng

Let’s see… I picked up this show literally yesterday after a visit to MAL and I’m not disappointed. This show is “underrated comedy”, really.

Yuki is literally me lol, I think I’d let that vampire bite me, and kudos to the author for making everything in the story right on timing. Also, anime production too, but still.

• February 26, 2017 at 8:45 pmGars

Great to see a new side of Yuki, she became a more developed character and her new side was quite funny, a devlish girl indeed.

Middle school Satou-sensei was savage, not only did she do a hard takdown on the local thug but she absolutely wrecked him with a follow up strike using her succubus power. I can see why the ”Demi-section” of the Police force gets most of their trouble from succubi.

Looking forward to the next episode, hope we will finaly get to see some of the Satou-sensei material that has been missing from the earlier episodes. Small scale stuff but the kind which provided very funny insights into her inner thoughts.

• February 26, 2017 at 9:04 pmstarss

Hands down the best episode for character moments so far! Seeing the demis get along is so heart-warming. Also good to see that Taki-sensei knows when he shouldn’t be a standout advisor, ie, whenever students do poorly in school. He’d be an ideal father.

• February 27, 2017 at 12:27 amIncognito

All it lacks is the “MENACING” unsound effect from JoJo. (Someone’s probably gonna photoshop that in…)

Blue Rose? (Tiger and Bunny)

Also, yay for finally seeing a flashback of Satou-sensei’s high-school life. (That delinquent though… XD)

• February 27, 2017 at 8:15 amRoguespirit

Yuki might have moved up to my top spot. She’s surprisingly naughty and her facial expressions this episode were fantastic. Hoping for Saki’s interview next ep.

• February 27, 2017 at 9:11 amWorldwidedepp

we begin to look behind her “ice Princess” mask, and i love it.. Next left should be our headless Girl…

• February 27, 2017 at 10:25 amHalfDemonInuyasha

No kajikajikajikajikaji testing? Fail. lol

• February 27, 2017 at 7:54 pmManny Fleurmond

I wonder if Succubus Sensei made that bully a masochist for life? Could her aphrodesiac effect be that powerful to imprint a Pavlovian response?

• March 1, 2017 at 7:49 amLCameraTV