« Spring 2017 Schedule

Summer 2017 Schedule

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Knight’s & Magic
21:00 AT-X (7/2)
Tenshi no 3P!
20:00 AT-X (7/10)
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
20:30 AT-X (7/11)
BORUTO -NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS- Gamers!
21:00 AT-X (7/13)
Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ
25:00 MX (7/1)
Ballroom e Youkoso
26:08 MBS (7/8)
Legend: 2 1 2 1 0
1 4 5 4 Not covering

Now that every show has had a few episodes to make its case, it’s time to tell you what we’ll be blogging this season. This is Random Curiosity’s Summer 2017 blogging schedule.

As always, this is a tentative overview of our plans for the new season . . . is what we used to say, but with multiple episodes under our belts, we’re pretty confident in our picks. Will some of them blow up in our faces? Kami knows it’s happened before. But this is what we’re going with.

In SUPER SPECIAL RECRUITMENT NEWS, we’re opening new writer applications. Not that we need any new writers right now—I’m quite pleased with our current crew, even if Zaiden smells and Choya laid an egg—but doing the whole big recruitment post rigmarole is bothersome. That’s why we’re opening applications and leaving them that way. If you’d like to write for RandomC, send an email to stilts(at)randomc(dot)net AND cherrie(at)randomc(dot)net with the subject line “RandomC Application” or “Random Curiosity Application”, and include a bunch of info about yourselg (be concise) + a RandomC-style post on a recent anime episode. We almost certainly won’t take anyone right now, but maybe we’ll keep you in mind for when we do need someone.

In current staff news, nothing much to report. Zaiden, Pancakes, and Choya are carrying the season, while us oldbies slack off like the one-step-in-the-grave dinosaurs we are. As it should be.

In show news, we have four carry-overs this season, which has got to be some kind of record, right? (I’m too lazy to check.) We’re also covering a mammoth 18 shows, though that’ll probably recede next season when certain of us have to go back to their educational institution. Those of us in mental institutions will keep on chugging, of course. We even have one writer contemplating a last minute pick-up, so if you don’t see your favorite show being blogged, there’s still hope! But not much, so don’t get crazy. Jeez.

That’s all I’ve got for you this time. Thank you as always for reading, and for sharing in this silly hobby of ours. If you keep being awesome, we’ll keep being awesome, all right? Deal!

Updates:

• 07/28: Cherrie is jumping back into the fun! She’ll be blogging Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e.
  • 07/28: Our newbies are no slackers, and the ecchi must be blogged. Choya has picked up Hajimete no Gal!
July 25, 2017 at 11:41 pm
  • July 25, 2017 at 11:59 pmtombeet

Overall all the worthy shows are getting covered. Good job guys. The new writers certainly carry the weight here. I’d say The Reflection is a the only omission, but I completely understand why writers don’t want to cover it.

• July 26, 2017 at 12:01 amtombeet

Also, forgive me for my colorblindness, but I can’t make out Takaii’s and Zaiden’s covered shows…

• July 26, 2017 at 12:21 amStilts

You can mouse over any show’s link, and the floating text will show who’s blogging it. We add those for visually impaired readers.

• July 26, 2017 at 12:44 amTrippwire

Damn, Zaiden, covering 5 shows? Best of luck to you!

• July 26, 2017 at 10:15 amZaiden

Thanks Trippwire! Can’t say I know where exactly I’m going with this, because it is proving to be a challenge. But I’m hoping I can keep up at the very least, and provide enjoyable posts for people to read! :)

• July 26, 2017 at 12:50 amPyon

This summer is definitely not the strongest season in a while, at least I don’t really have any show that started airing in July, that I would be losing my patience over. Kakegurui has potential, Ballroom might be a dark horse, Fate is currently a big mess but it has two cours to make it good. I am following some more so maybe there will be some surprises. But overall, not an excellent season at least for now.

The only shame for me is that no one thought about covering Bahamut, especially that second cour is getting better and better with each episode, I recommend everyone checking this series.

Great to see so many series covered, thanks to the new writers, keep up the good work!

• July 26, 2017 at 10:13 amZaiden

Hey Pyon! I’d suggest trying out Shokoku no Altair. I think it’s the strongest show this season so far.

As for Shingeki no Bahamut, it’s pretty damn good so quite a shame it won’t get covered. Actually, my favourite show that’s airing at the moment is Sakurada Reset, but the way it works is that it’s really difficult to pick stuff up halfway through. So maybe expect a finale post sometime towards the end of the season!

• July 27, 2017 at 11:23 amPyon

Thanks for recommendation, Shoukoku no Altair is on my list, but probably for watching after a season since I follow already quite a lot of series (including the ones that started in spring).

• July 26, 2017 at 1:37 pmGlutton

I think Guardian Enzo is covering Shingeki no Bahamut on his own website.

• July 26, 2017 at 4:00 amzztop

No 1st impressions for Jigoku Shojo S4?

• July 28, 2017 at 6:41 pmLyfe

Seems pointless. Only half the show has new episodes in terms of content.

• July 26, 2017 at 5:14 amShinmarizu

The best to all of you. Still enjoying this place after so many years.

• July 26, 2017 at 5:59 amlunascha

Thank you so much for all the updates! This place is how I keep up with all the shows in the season.

• July 26, 2017 at 6:58 amJeffers

i was rather surprised that new game!! is not covered despite its strong 3 episodes. and tenshi no 3p is just starting to display its IMO, quite heavy story plot. and aho girl? what’s special with that hopeless girl that seems like will never change and her idiocy has no cure? but oh well… knights and magic, hina logi and gamers are at least getting covered so it is still fine to me.

• July 26, 2017 at 10:44 amStilts

It all comes down to the vaugeries of each writer’s tastes. I wouldn’t blog Aho Girl myself, because while it’s funny (it’s working out better as an anime than I expected!), I don’t usually blog pure comedies like that. But Choya wanted to do it, so I’m all for it. The other two are the reverse. We don’t have unlimited time, alas.

• July 26, 2017 at 11:18 amChoya

Aho Girl was something I picked up because my tastes gravitate more towards comedy. There’s also enough for me to write about, so, as with my newest post on it, there is more for me to talk about than just Yoshiko’s stupidity.

If I watched more of New Game!, then I’d be happy to pick up Season 2. I’ve only watched two episodes so far though, so I don’t feel like I would be qualified to discuss it and do it justice. Haven’t seen Tenshi no 3p. It’s good to hear that there are some shows that you’re interested in being covered. It’s a lot of material to cover, but we do our best to have a little something for everyone.

• July 26, 2017 at 5:51 pmJeffers

Well this is a good thing, since we get to understand how blogging in randomc works. Ever since I became a follower of randomc and became a follower of Stilt`s cult LOL, what I only know about randomc is that they blog anime that have a strong start or known titles that will surely rock. Now it is clear that you also consider personal taste. Hmmm… So tenshi no 3p is not getting covered because no one in randomc wants to commit a crime eh (if you know what i mean (>﹏<))?

• July 27, 2017 at 1:25 pmZaiden

I think Stilts and myself were the only ones willing to cover it’s introductory episode, and it was originally meant to be me. But I realised the workload of Hina Logi on Saturday, Knights/PriPri on Sunday and Isekai Shokudou on Monday was already precarious. That said, I’m definitely enjoying Tenshi no 3P a lot and will be looking into writing a finale post if I have the time.

• July 28, 2017 at 1:31 amStilts

Best way to think about it is that we’re a bunch of individual writers who all decide what we want to blog on our own, and then we tell each other what we’re thinking and iron out the overlap/holes from there. So personal taste is the #1 criteria, we just have such varying tastes that most of the big ones get hit automatically, and some goofy ones occasionally get done too. Whatever, that works for me, it keeps the goofy writers happy!

• July 26, 2017 at 7:55 amUrizithar

I’m fiding Aho Girl really strange choice for coverage. Granted, you can write an essay about a stain on the wall but why would you do that? xd Not that I mind or anything, just posting my view.

Summer doesn’t seem like very strong season and you covered probably even more than it deserves to have. Depending on where it will go I may miss Youzitsu covered though. I liked it so far even with weaker 2nd episode. We will see where it will go from here.

• July 26, 2017 at 11:03 amChoya

Pure masochism. Also, I find that it keeps things interesting to go for some of the more non-conventional shows that people watch for the morbid curiosity of what the stain in the wall will manifest into. Will it grow in size or change in color? Will it eat away at the wall? Is it even easy to scrub out?

• July 26, 2017 at 8:35 amSherrisLok

I’m surprised Vatican Scooby Doo got dropped.

• July 26, 2017 at 10:50 pmPancakes

It unfortunately lost out against Altair, I only had room for one Friday pick this season. I do plan on giving it an end post though, it’s stronger than I thought it would be.

• July 27, 2017 at 3:45 amGoukaRyuu

SO it’s worth picking up then?

• July 26, 2017 at 9:45 amCherrie

Stilts and Zaiden have very similar colors >_> I think it needs more orange on the schedule lol

• July 26, 2017 at 10:14 amZaiden

Dakedo, my colour is the coolest :’(

• July 31, 2017 at 10:58 amSamu

Agreed, Cherrie. This schedule is sorely lacking in orange ;)

• August 1, 2017 at 12:06 amStilts

*throws peanuts at Samu’s head*

• July 26, 2017 at 9:56 ams_w

It’s too bad nobody will blog the train wreck that is Smartphone… in which the MC is so OP he doesn’t really even need the smartphone, except to receive calls from god telling him how awesome he is.

It’s **that** bad. (So bad it’s good, maybe? Yeah, probably not.)

• July 27, 2017 at 6:47 pmMaou

That mc is so op, his power don’t even need to be reviewed anymore :p

• July 26, 2017 at 10:14 amyoloalchemist

Sad to see Youzitsu is not gonna get covered (though understandable), and surprised Vatican isn’t covered either. But overall, most of the important shows are covered, so I couldn’t be happier. Looks like Zaiden is on hyper mode right on his second season with RandomC. 5 shows damn!

• July 26, 2017 at 10:45 amStilts

I swear, no one reads the paragraphs ;_; One of those may or may not still be open to potential bloggin’. We’ll see.

• July 26, 2017 at 11:42 amyoloalchemist

Stilts I’m telling you man, someone has to cover it! I just watched the 3rd episode, and goodammit really not gonna lie, its ending was WHAAAAM!
        Maybe I should’ve seen it coming, but I didn’t. I won’t spoil it here, but I just have to talk about it with someone.

• July 26, 2017 at 10:53 pmPancakes

As mentioned above, Vatican lost out to Altair sadly. I only had room for one pick, and for me geopolitics is more interesting than religious mystery. Another example of too many shows and not enough time :P

• July 26, 2017 at 11:38 amWorldwidedepp

Looks promising, most new Animes are covered. i am looking forward to them, lets us enjoy this Summer 2017 Season

• July 26, 2017 at 11:16 pmrochichan

Haven’t commented on anything for a while (I’m a silent RC reader lol), but just wanted to write to show my moral support to the new writers and usual encouragement to the old ones~ Looking forward to all the reviews and analysis!

• July 27, 2017 at 2:00 pmCherrie

Much thanks! =) We love hearing from silent readers!

• July 28, 2017 at 1:34 amStilts

Thanks! As a former lurker before becoming a writer (I skipped a few steps, haha), I’m always glad to hear from my once-and-perhaps-future brethren. Rock on!

• July 28, 2017 at 3:57 amZaiden

Hey, I was also a lurker turned writer! Although I did have that one break out comment on Akame ga Kill. Hehe.

• July 27, 2017 at 5:47 amraxar

18 shows, I won’t complain with that much show xD With that much variation there should be at least one show for everyone that visit here. Salute to Zaiden for covering various shows (Mecha, history, food, ninja, and magic/sol?)

• July 27, 2017 at 11:14 ampedobear

Guess tenshi no 3p and class of d elite not covered has other reasons.

• July 27, 2017 at 1:17 pmZaiden

Username checks out.

• July 27, 2017 at 3:43 pmMikhei

I lost faith on this site when started writing about crappy shows like Boruto :/

• July 27, 2017 at 5:24 pmZaiden

Meh, not my problem.

• July 28, 2017 at 6:51 pmLyfe

Unrelated but I think you made the right choice not bothering further with 18if. It just seems like an easily forgettable show that will mire in obscurity outside of Japan. Sure I guess it’ll get some attention when Funimation releases on home video, but it’ll die down, and no one will talk about it.

• July 28, 2017 at 1:36 amStilts

I blogged Seiren and Comet Lucifer, and Boruto gets this comment? I’m almost insulted.

• July 28, 2017 at 6:37 pmLyfe

Did you even have faith to begin with?

• July 28, 2017 at 6:38 pmLyfe

It’d be funny if a staff member had the same color as the ‘Not covering’ box. No one would know what show you were covering until you blogged further. Mystery shows!

• July 29, 2017 at 10:39 amdilutedwater

is sagrada reset supposed to be on wednesday?

• July 29, 2017 at 4:22 pmStilts

The season schedule isn’t meant to be a complete list of everything that’s airing. We only include shows from previous seasons if we’re blogging them. Check past schedules (or syoboi) for when those series are airing.

• July 30, 2017 at 2:21 amZaiden

Hey dilutewater! You can expect a finale post from me. I actually put Sakurada Reset at the top of my Summer picks, but for logistical reasons, I can see why it would be difficult to randomly pick it up halfway through the season.

• July 30, 2017 at 8:50 amdilutedwater

i’m following it too! can’t wait to read your thoughts on it (:

• July 30, 2017 at 3:14 pmMacblink

you don’t do Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul?
    you’re gay

• July 30, 2017 at 7:50 pmLyfe

Calm down and watch some Comet Lucifer.