Tsurezure Children – 09 »« Tsurezure Children – 07

Tsurezure Children – 08

「傷だらけの天使」 (Kizudarake no Tenshi)
“Bruised-Up Angel”

While there have been some humorous moments, I haven’t really considered this show a comedy. Until today.

General Impressions

Temporarily skipping Gouda and Kamine (we’ll get back to them later), let’s quickly talk about the AMAZING moment between the comedic-duo known as Chiaki and Kana. Backtracking a little, I’m not the kind of person who’d be able to take the concept of dating (and kissing) and convert it into something that might be easier to explain. Not only do I typically find it rather annoying because speaking about your feelings is important, but every time I’ve seen it done it’s usually something terrible that makes me cringe. Today though, I might have become a believer in things like that. Besides laughing way too hard at the whole soccer commentary thing, the whole bit of Chiaki finding some confidence after accidentally kissing Kana’s nose and asking the “coach” for one more go nearly had me in tears. Maybe it was because of how pure the whole scene was or maybe it was just really freaking funny, all I know is that it was one of the finest comedic moments this show has shown us thus far.

Back tracking to Gouda and Kamine — how much further past perfect can these two get!? As a new couple that’s never dated before, it’s a miracle that they’re able to do the things they do. Blowing misunderstandings out of the water before they have the chance to cause problems, being forward with their feelings, and being understanding to one another when one person is obviously in the right, I don’t think I’ve seen a relationship this perfect since Tsuki ga Kirei. And don’t even get me started on just how much of a man Gouda is. The way he swooped in for that kiss without a moment of hesitation was insane.

Closing things out were some more Katori antics, at this point I’m not sure if he’s as cool as he proclaims he is or if he’s as good at relationships as he says he is. I mean, he gives out some pretty good advice and I suppose it wouldn’t be too hard to see other girls falling for him, but you’d think someone like that in a show like this would be in a relationship by now, right?

Anyways, let me close things out before the post gets too long. Another week, another fantastic episode of our favorite couples (or to-be couples) doing all the things that make us love them. Looking toward next week, judging off of the preview it looks like we might be getting more character interaction outside of each person’s official pairing. Hopefully it leads for some fun times as we get to see how everyone manages to interact with one another. See you then!

August 23, 2017 at 9:50 pm
  • August 23, 2017 at 10:09 pmneko_in_blue

watching this show I really hope japanese people are not so slow on relationships, I cant even imagine dating someone and not touching them

• August 24, 2017 at 2:21 amAngelus

They aren’t doing too badly for a country where only 70 years ago most marriages were arranged. Even now, 30% of marriages are still arranged to some degree.

• August 25, 2017 at 9:09 amKoji

Is it really so strange? I think I held my first girlfriend in highschool’s hand only a handful (pun sorta intended) of times. We only kissed once or twice and our relationship lasted months.

I think everyone’s relationships are different in that regard. Some people are more reserved than others, and people tend to be less reserved the more experience they have.

• August 23, 2017 at 10:44 pmBROOKLYN otaku

that Nose kiss…hahahahah! WHO HASNT DONE THAT ONE!?

• August 24, 2017 at 9:02 amewok40k

nose always gets in the way of thge first kissing attempts!

• August 24, 2017 at 12:23 amPurpleBomber

• August 24, 2017 at 6:48 amBill

Ah this was probably the funniest episode yet and DANG IT SHOWING US CAMEOS OF PATTY AND THE STOIC COUPLE (which is like the third best pairing in the series) AND NOT PROPERLY INTRODUCING THEM they are much more fun than the childhood friends/astronomy girl stuff.
    As for Katori and Koneko-chan theirs is a constant back and forth of basically being chuunis to eachother xD
    Sadly it is almost time for the first setback in a relationship of two people here.
    I do hope it’s not a 12 episode series and goes on for a while or at least gets a season 2 cause it deserves it.

• August 24, 2017 at 9:16 pmewok40k

what no mention of the pres X deliquent getting cozy in a library of all places? they are still best pair imho, other pairs clear hurdles, those 2 are flying over them…