Spring 2018 Schedule »« Fall 2017 Schedule

Pop Team Epic
25:00 MX (1/6)
Mahoutsukai no Yome
25:30 MX (10/7)
Legend: 2 2 3 0 0
2 3 2 4 Not covering

Now that every show has had a few several a whole bunch of episodes to make its case, it’s time to tell you what we’ll be blogging this season. This is Random Curiosity’s Winter 2018 blogging schedule.

As always, this is a tentative overview of our plans for the new season . . . is what we used to say, but with multiple episodes under our belts, we’re pretty confident in our picks. Will some of them blow up in our faces? This wouldn’t be as much fun if they didn’t. This is what we’re going with for now.

In staff news, Passerby has returned as prophesied, while Cherrie is stepping back from weekly blogging because real life has been crazy AF. She’ll continue in a background role ala Zephyr, mostly because we’d get really whiny about the seasons previews without her help. That’s why we’re all stuck with Takkai for Cardcaptor Sakura. All things considered, I feel like there are worse fates.

In show news, we’re currently covering 18 shows, 3 of which are carry-overs. I’m once again pleased with how the coverage ended up, this has been a really great winter season so far, but we’re catching nearly all the big names and a few passion projects y’all just have to catch up (*cough cough*). Special reminder that we’re leaving writer recruitment open in case someone manages to wow us, check out last season’s schedule post for details.

That’s all for this time. Thanks once again for sticking with us for another season, and for not complaining too much about the colossal delay on this post. (My bad.) Thanks also to everyone who’s joined in at our Discord channel, it’s located at discord.gg/aheHGkf if you’d like to check it out. Let’s enjoy this kickass season of anime together. Be awesome!

Updates:

• 02/01: A very special show has been added to the schedule—Choya will be covering the monthly cooking adventures of Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan!
January 31, 2018 at 12:15 am
  • January 31, 2018 at 12:30 amzztop

I’m surprised Idolish7 didn’t qualify for a 1st Impressions post (or 2) on Randomc, unlike The Idolmaster Side M. Given Idolish’s 1st 2 episodes preaired around Nov 2017, I thought it would’ve warranted a post on both episodes and early impressions.

Especially how its outlook is more drama-filled than the fluffiness of Idolmaster (plus Tanemura Arina designs and Troyca at the helm).

• January 31, 2018 at 2:04 amTakaii

I’m actually a really big Idolish fan.

Well, a decently big idolish fan (much bigger love live fan). I would have considered covering it, but there’s just too much going on in life to have everything you want :(

• January 31, 2018 at 4:14 amzztop

I understand not covering the whole series, but no time to at least do a 1st impressions?

If not ,than at least a final impressions at the end of season.

• January 31, 2018 at 1:10 pmStilts

Tbh, sometimes series that air (or preair) at unexpected times get missed, because we’re not always paying attention at those times. We depend a lot on our preview too, haha

• January 31, 2018 at 1:25 amAngelus

So what happened to Ryuuou no Oshigoto? From Takaii’s episode 2 review it looked very much like they were planning to blog that.

• January 31, 2018 at 1:13 pmStilts

I think it fell on a bad day for him, and as he mentioned above, he’s been pretty busy lately.

• January 31, 2018 at 1:30 pmAngelus

Fair enough, I saw that after I posted.

• January 31, 2018 at 11:55 amWorldwidedepp

Some of my animes on my watchlist did not made on your schedule, but thank you for the ones you cover

• January 31, 2018 at 2:27 pmLyfe

I think you have a good selection of shows listed, obviously you can’t do everything, but you have something for everyone I’d say.

Btw, I think it’ll be interesting to see who does some of the big shows coming in Spring. With FMP, SAO Alternative GGO, Steins Gate;0, P5 etc and some returning big hitters like Food Wars etc I can imagine the staff having competition for what they want to do? ;)

• January 31, 2018 at 3:13 pmGoukaRyuu

Looks good. Sorry to see Cherrie stepping back, though not out like some Scots we know. It is good to see Stilts back into the swing of things. I know you were really busy not too long ago.

• February 1, 2018 at 11:57 amUrahara

When Citrus is picked up but not Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens ….

• February 1, 2018 at 12:07 pmWorldwidedepp

Men power, they do it on their free time

So i respect their choice

• February 2, 2018 at 9:28 amChoya

Fridays can be really tricky, and it made things messy when I had to wait til the afternoon to rush Kino posts last season to coordinate with my schedule that day, so I had to let go of Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens and the Itou Collection.

• February 1, 2018 at 7:06 pmOne Pinch Man

I’m so happy that Yuru Camp got picked up!

• February 2, 2018 at 12:32 aminfo600

What is the general consensus of Pop Team Epic (my take – the Japanese equivalent for Robot Chicken – Even though I have never watched Robot Chicken…)

• February 2, 2018 at 9:21 amChoya

I’m actually torn up about not covering it full-time. I’m too busy on Saturdays to pick it up, but as someone who grew up on surreal comedy and anti-humor via Adult Swim, Pop Team Epic was my kind of show.

I am looking forward to a Final Impression of it when it comes around because I feel like alot of write-ups either dismiss it for being too confusing or random, or treat it like a meme show. It is alot more creative than people give it credit for, and does well to translate the comedy of the manga into a mixture of anime, CGI, and live-action segments.

• February 2, 2018 at 7:59 pmluancaqu

Greetings. It’s kinda sad every season happens to decrease the amount of animes you cover vs what I watch. Too bad, but it’s understandable haha Anyways, Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho and Yuru Camp △ are my favorites from this season and Slow Start is next to complete my top 3. Two of them are being covered so I’m happy no matter what. Have a nice weekend and, of course, thank you so much for your reviews, guys. See you around next season.