ARIA The ORIGINATION – Picture Drama 03 »« ARIA The ORIGINATION – Picture Drama 01

ARIA The ORIGINATION – Picture Drama 02

「トラゲット その後」 (Toragetto Sono Go)
“Traghetto, Afterwards”

At a Glance:
While on lunch break for their Traghetto job, Ayumi is shocked to find out that Atora bought panini for everyone when it was her turn to buy lunch. Anzu later arrives and Ayumi ambitiously suggests that they should try eating six portions of paninis and onigiri. However, Anzu reveals that she bought a box full of a variety of buns (chocolate, cake, pizza, char sui, eclair), because Atora complained about eating meat buns (nikuman) yesterday. Ayumi on the other hand is wondering why today of all days and after some bickering, everyone’s left wondering if they can find someone to help eat. They then come up with the idea to call Akari and are happy to hear that she’s bringing two others too. When Akari arrives with Aika and Alice though, they notice that they all brought food to share too.

Impressions:
I was pleasantly surprised to see a picture drama focusing on Atora, Ayumi, and Anzu (left-to-right), who made an appearance in episode four of The ORIGINATION. As a reminder, they work together on the Traghetto, an economic ferry where all the passengers stand, which Akari helped out with for a bit. Despite only having minor roles in the series, they were quite memorable to me because they’re undines outside the usual ones that we follow and are all played by well-known seiyuus that I like (see cast below). It’s a bit of a shame that they didn’t show up more often in the series, but this picture drama sort of makes up for it.

Cast:
- Ayumi (あゆみ) / Shiraishi Ryouko (白石 涼子)
- Atora (アトラ) / Kuwashima Houko (桑島 法子)
- Anzu (杏) / Asumi Kana (阿澄 佳奈)

September 4, 2008 at 4:12 pm
  • September 4, 2008 at 4:23 pmKaris

*sigh* this reminds me how much I miss this series. But I hope Kozue’s new work will make up for that ^^

• September 4, 2008 at 4:27 pmKrebmarkt

I guess President-Aria will be very happy with so much food :)

• September 4, 2008 at 4:32 pmC.I.

Mmmm, food in ARIA, always awesome.

I should really go check this out. Thanks Divine!

• September 4, 2008 at 5:04 pmnyan-nyan

This one looks cute and happy. XD It’ll make up for the creepiness I just witnessed in Soul Eater

• September 4, 2008 at 6:16 pmmidenz

Aria is soo loveable XD!

• September 4, 2008 at 10:34 pmjeffng9

hahaha i find it surprising as they should be shock to see both alice from orange planet and aika from himemiya are actually akari’s fren~
    anotehr nice wonderful peace loving and soft episode~

• September 4, 2008 at 11:43 pmdivine

jeffng9:
    Well, they became friends when Akari helped out with the Traghetto. Seeing as Akari can becomes friends with just about anyone, I say it’s only natural that these three became her friends too. =)

• September 6, 2008 at 2:19 pmAcid Cake

Wished Kozue had continued the Aria thing into the growth of Akari to becoming a water fairy. Well there’s always hope for an OVA like prince of tennis eh?

• September 7, 2008 at 8:53 amGrimaH

“Well there’s always hope for an OVA like prince of tennis eh?”.
    Nope.
    At least, not a continuation. The manga ended the same way as the anime, and with such a complete ending nobody would want anime-original material, even if HAL has shown with the few fillers that it’s more than competent at it.
    There might be a chance with a few of the as-yet-unanimated manga chapters though. Like the matter with Cait Sith and the Seven Wonders of Neo-Venezia.

• September 7, 2008 at 8:57 amGrimaH

“Kozue’s new work”
    Wait what?

• September 7, 2008 at 3:40 pmKaris

Like I said, Kozue is developing a new manga series. I doesn’t have a title yet, but I’m sure it’ll be as fascinating as Aria.