「謎のフャーストデート」 (Nazo no Faasuto Deeto)
“Mysterious First Date”
Various facts have been revealed this episode, some more important than others. The ones I picked up on are:
- Urabe actually interacts with her parents or family. Up until now we’ve been exposed to little to nothing of Urabe’s life outside of school. Although this new information brings up more questions than answers, such as the existence of a mother, whether her parents are together, or who exactly Urabe’s parents are, at least the issue is finally addressed.
- Urabe, for the most part, seems to lead an entirely normal life…or at the very least lead a life with SOME normal activity. We’ve seen previously she pays attention in class, does her homework, and now we know she swims like crazy and wears nice sundresses on her days off. It’s information that causes us to question Urabe’s true nature…alien or human. She may be mysterious, but other than that…is she just a weird yet normal girl?
- The question now arises whether or not Urabe tasting Tsubaki’s sweat will have an effect on her, and whether or not any other fluids can achieve this effect. However, if a good majority of people who dropped this due to the drool…what of every other fluid? Hopefully we won’t be going vampire and exchanging blood through transfusions…Tsubaki just might end up becoming Urabe as more viewers wave goodbye.
- Tsubaki’s nee-chan is quite an observant person when it comes to the not-so-subtle subtleties of her brother. She’s an understanding older sister…but now I’m wondering about her own life. Does she have future aspirations, or is she content watching over her little brother and his newfound shenanigans? The lack of parents in the home is quite ironic…we now know more information about Urabe’s parents than Tsubaki’s…
- The preview has shown us what’ll end up being the most dramatic episode to date. With Tsubaki shedding tears, pictures reappearing, and portrayals of distance…the couple’s relationship indeed will seem to step up soon, as the title suggests.
Alt-text yay ^^