Natsu’s greatness as a character never ceases to amaze me. I know his personality is quite generic, especially in shounen, but what’s wrong with that? Being compassionate and fair is something I think is worth encouraging; it’s also something I respect. So while there are people who think that Natsu’s personality is supposed to appeal to the younger audience, I don’t think that necessarily has to mean that you’re childish for admiring a heroic character. I’m a Natsu fangirl, and I don’t think I’m being silly for that. And why would you not like Natsu after today’s episode? He did nothing but impress me with his kind heart. Seeing how he dared to take on a guild master on his own for the sake of someone he doesn’t even know made me appreciate him more than I already do.
Aside from his wonderful personality, he also impressed me by using his strength. Few characters are as cool as Natsu when they fight (maybe Gray,
I’m so punny today). Today’s episode truly did Natsu justice. I really enjoyed seeing him destroying Sabertooth’s lodgings like a boss! It’s too bad that his opponent pulled a nasty trick against him by kidnapping his friend. Everyone, the [insert negative word for emphasis] woman has appeared! Minerva (Inoue Kikuko) – a.k.a. the princess of Sabertooth, is not a character I really like. I do admit that she looks beautiful in the anime, but I absolutely can’t tolerate this woman. And I think it’s easy to see that she is going to be trouble for FAIRY TAIL. Just look at what she did right after being introduced – she used Happy against Natsu. She’s definitely cunning, and wow, she is strong! She stopped an angry Natsu – that’s hard! While I really don’t like Minerva, I definitely look forward to seeing the upcoming episodes, even though she will have a major role in those. I’m very pleased with her introduction. There is just one thing that confused me a bit; I assumed Minerva would have purple hair…
Oh well, screw Minerva. It’s all about Erza now! Pandemonium is probably my favourite moment of this tournament so far. I absolutely love the concept of having someone fight a random amount of monsters of various ranks until there is no more magic to use. Even though the episode ended with a rather frustrating cliffhanger, I’m glad that it did, because it seems like the whole event will be dragged out next week. According to the preview, we will see Erza fight (that wasn’t really in the manga), which makes me very happy. I’m really, emphasis on “really”, looking forward to next week’s episode. Hopefully it will be amazing! We can’t have Natsu stealing all the limelight, so now it’s time for Erza to shine – and she does it gloriously! Fighting 51 monsters (and manage to come out alive), is all you need to get the highest score, but some mere points aren’t enough for FAIRY TAIL! Nope, Erza is totally stealing this, and I’m glad she chose to fight them all. It’s time for people to start respecting the best guild again!
- I was surprised to find out that I’ve been misspelling two characters’ names for quite a long time. Cana is actually Kana, and Orga is Olga. Oh well, I’m glad that’s cleared up now, but I’m too lazy to go back to fix my old posts.
- Even though I dislike Minerva, I find her extremely beautiful for some reason. And I really like the fact that she has braids in her hair.
- I’m surprised Gray and Natsu are still alive after throwing that pillow at Erza’s face!
- I wish this scene would’ve been less blurry. It’s truly a magnificent image of Erza! Good thing that I have the same one from the manga!
- Natsu hugging Happy – so cute!
- Mavis is my favourite loli!
- I love how Natsu and Gray are proudly laughing because of Erza’s brave choice.
- This is probably a very boring image but I decided to keep it because I absolutely adore Kana’s smile on this.
- It seems like Sabertooth might have someone who isn’t heartless after all!
- That is a very large construction…
- I think I love Natsu too much. I ended up with 140 caps of him today… He is simply too cool! I don’t think there is anyone as awesome as Natsu, with my boyfriend being an exception because he is the best!
- I apologise for being tardy with my post today. It seems like my worst enemy – parallax – showed up today in almost every full-length shot.
- Full-length shots: 1, 4, 9, 10, 13, 14, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 25, 29, 30, 31, 32, 34