Kuroko no Basuke 3 – 12 »« Kuroko no Basuke 3 – 10

Kuroko no Basuke 3 – 11

「今度こそ」 (Kondo Koso)
“This Time, For Sure”

Wouldn’t it be funny if next week’s episode didn’t end this arc?

Sports Aesthetics

As much as I want to go on and on about how long this arc seems, I have to admit that this week’s episode did a great job at highlighting some of the other huge elements that can affect any competitive game. Specifically, the power of the crowd and its effects on the players. Sure we may forget that they’re even there for a player-centric show like Kurobasu but they did a great job at emphasizing just how difficult it is to play when the crowd is rooting against you. Toss in the added stress of trying to make sure every move is perfect against a beast like Kise and I started to truly feel the pressure that Seirin was facing.

Don’t Give Up Seirin!

As disappointing as it was to see Seirin lose the lead that they painstakingly built up in Kise’s absence, watching them finally rally together while getting their heads in the game felt like a gush of fresh air. Sure, it might have taken a rather rash move and a pretty corny line from Kagami to knock some sense into everyone but something about those few minutes just felt perfect. “This is our drama!”

Betting It All

I don’t know about you but I was elated to see Kuroko thrust back into the spotlight as the only person with some sort of solution to the Kise-problem. Going off of his abilities to analyze and understand how people work on the highest and lowest levels, I can’t wait to see what he’ll be able to do once he manages to get a handle on how Kise works. Be it through prediction or inducing Kise to do something, I’m totally ready to cheer my heart out for Seirin’s shadow.

Looking Ahead

I don't know how many of you share my feelings about wanting this arc to end, but I really want this arc to end! With the end in sight though, it looks like things are only going to get even more intense with Rakuzan waiting for whoever manages to take the win. Hopefully we won't be all Kurobasu-ed out by then.

See you next week!

P.S. Sorry for the late post guys! I was really busy last weekend in California and just managed to watch the episode today after work. ><

March 23, 2015 at 8:10 pm
  • March 23, 2015 at 8:52 pmPhantom

Have you guys noticed how Kuroko always plays the last card in defeating the Generations of Miracles despite Kagami pushing them to their limits?
    Aomine – defeated with Kuroko’s pass at the end, without it, Kagami wouldn’t have been able to deal the final blow
    Murasakibara – knocked the last ball
    Midorima – knocked the last ball in the first round
    Kise – ???
    Akashi – ???

So hyped !!

• March 24, 2015 at 2:17 amSilke

Well, this is called Kuroko no Basket after all, so it’s not surprising. =)

One of the things I find unique about this anime is how a ”shadow” and a support takes the center stage. That’s rare in the world of shounen, or anime in general, where most heroes desire to be in the spotlight. Kagami represents the typical MC, while Kuroko is a subversion of it.

• March 23, 2015 at 9:04 pmRichie Kim

I know, right?

I say Kuroko is Seirin’s savior in winning the match at the very last second.

But, I must admit this is the episode I’m least fond of. Maybe because I wanna see Teiko & Finals Match Arc to begin that I want the coming episode to end this Kaijou vs Seirin match.

What’s more unsatisfying is that I expect the title “It’s According To PLan” in the next one, but it’s “He’s An Amazing Player” instead.

A really common title you might find in another anime’s episode title, but I’ve got no complaints since KnB is saving the best for last. ;)

• March 23, 2015 at 10:53 pmSlaine the Best Shooter (Captain of the Kuroko hype train)

This 24 minute episode covered about 3 minutes of the game but that’s Kuroko no Basket for you. Over-dramatizing events and game plays is one of the many things I love about this series. Some gifs from this episode:

Kuroko’s pass

Kise vs Kagami

• March 24, 2015 at 10:23 amesdesu

Anime 101: How to stretch 4 minutes of gameplay into 20 minutes.

• March 24, 2015 at 7:57 pmSK

To be fair, the last 5 or so game minutes of a real basketball game can also take ~20 real-time minutes.

• March 24, 2015 at 2:31 amKenpachi Fried Chicken

Goku vs Frieza lasted 19 episodes. I know some people are complaining about the length of this arc but that’s nothing in comparison to other anime.

• March 23, 2015 at 9:40 pmsivilyslare

Has anyone considered that the Studio that’s running Kuroko might be thinking about a 4th Season that could potentially just be the Rakuzan game?
    I’m an anime-only fan, so I’m not sure how that would pan out, or if it even has enough material to do that, but I don’t like the idea of cramming two more arcs into this series, so I’m kind of hoping that there is a next season just on that game. Akashi feels underdeveloped, and the Seirin team still has a lot of potential for a lot of coolness, not to mention the fact that a 4th season would probably still continue to rake in disc sales.

Either way – go Seirin!

• March 24, 2015 at 9:06 amTresBien!

I doubt there will be a Season 4. The studio is faithful to the manga and they are not dragging it. Assuming that Kaijo match ends next week, the flashback/Teiko arc is not long enough for the remaining 14 episodes left.

To the people complaining about the pacing, 275 chapters will be adapted in 76 episodes (by the end of S3), thats more than 3.5 chapters per episode. That’s a pretty fast pacing for one of the bestselling manga in the past years. Be thankful it’s not One Piece pacing with 1 chapter a week. There was even that one episode where they animated half a chapter.

• March 24, 2015 at 10:19 amHeike

If there ever will be a Season 4, it would most likely be based on the sequel manga, Extra Game.

• March 24, 2015 at 6:10 pmsivilyslare

Thanks!

• March 23, 2015 at 10:33 pmSilke

“Heel? Whatever, I don’t care. The only time we could be fated to lose are in fictional stories. This is our drama! We decide what the plot will be!”
    “Kagami…That line…is so corny!”

I LOL’d at them making fun of Kagami when he was so serious. (๑>ᴗ<๑)

What a fickle crowd. No loyalty whatsoever. It was frustrating seeing them being booed by the audience. (ò_ó)

So happy to see Kuroko take the spotlight. 八(^□^*)

• March 24, 2015 at 2:23 amthomas

Kuroko the invisible bully. Can’t hit what you can’t see.

• March 24, 2015 at 6:46 amSexyNoJutsu

What’s even funnier is how the Kaijo players took Kagami’s corny line seriously while his own teammates mocked him.

• March 25, 2015 at 2:45 amKon

Best group talk in this anime I couldn’t stop laughing.

• March 24, 2015 at 7:48 amchibi-killua

Seirin has always been falling behind in the past games so it’s fun to see the opposite.

• March 25, 2015 at 4:15 amHitler-kun

That crowd was like a cheap hooker. First they were on Kajio’s side, next on Seirin.

• March 23, 2015 at 11:43 pmWarriorsHeart

I am always excited about Kuroko’s plays even if they weren’t about getting points. Next week’s episode is going to be awesome. Stay tuned! GOOOOO KUROKO!!!!!

• March 23, 2015 at 11:51 pmAomine the Ace

I want to see the Perfect Copy get demolished already. Since Kagami isn’t going in the zone, Kuroko better do something next week.

• March 24, 2015 at 2:30 amLeDouche vi Britannia

I can’t believe they are letting Kaijo catch up without even scoring a single point. Couldn’t they could have made at least one shot?

• March 23, 2015 at 11:53 pmturf

They left half a minute of the game for next episode, really?

• March 24, 2015 at 9:50 amAschente

Why are you guys still surprised? Games against both Yosen and Too took 6 episodes to finish. This is the 5th episode of the match so expect it to end next week.

• March 24, 2015 at 1:23 pmWarriorsHeart

Remember the last 3 seconds of the first Seirin vs Shutoku match? How much action and conversation was crammed in there?

• March 24, 2015 at 12:07 amJames

What a intense and action-packed episode. That one handed alley-oop was crazy. I was expecting Kise to just start doing Meteor Jams as well. Can’t wait for the conclusion next week.

• March 24, 2015 at 11:19 amYuri

Although I’m on Team Seirin, it’s really hard not to cheer for Kaijo when you see how amazing Kise is and how hard their team is working.

• March 24, 2015 at 12:12 amcolcon

I know Kagami needs to reserve his strength for their next match but it would have been cool to see him go into the zone. But oh well, it’s Kuroko’s time to shine.

• March 24, 2015 at 12:18 amAomine the Ace

It’s boring if Kagami has to rely on the zone each time. He should learn to develop his skills without the use of zone, just like Aomine. Although, zone matches are still the best to watch.

• March 24, 2015 at 6:53 amSexyNoJutsu

I don’t expect he will enter the zone 3 games in a row. Maybe in the last game, but not this one.

• March 24, 2015 at 6:00 amdfp396

Kuroko can’t shine because he is a shadow.

• March 24, 2015 at 2:15 am/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I heard a rumor that Murasakibara’s seiyuu is unavailable and that is why all he does is eat chips for the past episodes. XD

• March 24, 2015 at 11:06 amWarriorsHeart

He should be back for the Teiko arc unless they changed the voice actor.

• March 24, 2015 at 3:15 pmMormegil

That’s hilarious if true.

• March 24, 2015 at 5:58 amdfp396

So he can copy Kuroko’s phantom shot as well. It’s interesting to see a decrease in the Kise fanbase ever since he copied Kuroko.

• March 24, 2015 at 11:16 amWarriorsHeart

He has the other GoM skills at his disposal so it wasn’t necessary for him to copy Kuroko’s abilities. I mentioned a few weeks back that Kuroko developed his abilities to overcome some of the weaknesses he had since the start of the series. It’s odd why Kise needs to copy the ability to shoot when he can score fine already. And it was getting tiresome.

• March 24, 2015 at 6:57 ambOOtywarrior

They kept baiting us. Several times now, I thought Kagami was about to have that red electric spark come out of his eyes.

• March 24, 2015 at 10:29 amesdesu

Its been stated that you can’t choose to enter the zone. If they could, then everyone would be doing it. It requires extreme focus and concentration.

• March 25, 2015 at 4:37 amRichie Kim

There’s another reason why I dare not watch this episode again:

Aomine became a ghost in here! I mean, why no pupils like what we’ve seen in ep 7:

I was really freaked out while watching the “ghost” scene.

• March 24, 2015 at 8:30 amcj

Why is Kuroko always the one who comes up with ideas and not the coach?

• March 24, 2015 at 9:35 amRichie Kim

Because Kuroko (supposedly) knows the GoM very well during Teiko arc, so he knows their strengths=weaknesses, and habits that will be predicted very well by Kuroko’s EYE..(ahem)

You’ll see. ;)

• March 24, 2015 at 9:38 amWarriorsHeart

Since Kuroko used to be in the same team as the GoM, he has a better knowledge of their abilities compared to other people and has a better shot at coming up with countermeasures against them.

• March 24, 2015 at 9:40 amAschente

Jesus, these cliffhangers. I was so excited for the final 2-3 minutes of the final quarter, when shit goes down. Then they decide to troll us and leave 30 seconds.

Shit, Kagami just figured out he’s the star of an anime.

• March 26, 2015 at 10:15 ampotatogurl

The ending made me want to (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• March 24, 2015 at 10:12 amthuy

Typical KnB with their 1 month long games.

• March 24, 2015 at 11:04 amCraig

Even 3-on-1 they can’t stop Kise. I’m not sure what Kuroko can learn in just 2 minutes but I’m looking forward to see how he will counter Perfect Copy.

• March 24, 2015 at 11:09 amYukie

I was actually waiting for this match to end to marathon it…and I naively thought it would be this ep *facepalm*.

• March 24, 2015 at 11:27 amAschente

Now you can suffer with us. :)

• March 24, 2015 at 12:42 pmWarriorsHeart

You mean, ‘enjoy the ride’, right? ;)

• March 25, 2015 at 2:05 amAschente

But of course. :3

• March 24, 2015 at 12:51 pm28paws

The cliffhangers aren’t a problem when marathoning, but they’re so painful on a weekly basis.

• March 24, 2015 at 11:10 amYuri

Best episode of the match so far in my opinon. It feels like Kagami is trying to break the fourth wall with his talk about drama. I also like the emphasis on the crowd negatively affecting Seirin.

• March 25, 2015 at 4:14 amHitler-kun

I think Kagami caught the “corny poetic lines” bug from Aomine.

• March 24, 2015 at 11:11 amKaye

“Um, Kagami-kun’s corny line just made me think of something”
    I still fail to see how Kagami’s line could’ve given him the solution to their problem. XD

• March 24, 2015 at 11:25 amWarriorsHeart

It’s when Kagami said “We’ll decide the plot”, that made Kuroko realise that as well as predicting the abilities that Kise will use, they can also manipulate him into executing certain plays.

• March 24, 2015 at 12:27 pmHeike

What Akashi said about Kuroko and his misdirection is important to keep in mind:

“To use misdirection, you need skill, but you also must be able to read their gestures and habits. Thus, Tetsuya has some chance, as he routinely trains by observing people in everyday life.”

• March 24, 2015 at 12:37 pm28paws

Next episode: The magic which Kuroko uses!

• March 25, 2015 at 2:47 amKon

Of all the anime I’m watching, KnB is the toughest to wait each week. Practically every episode is a cliffhanger! Can’t wait to see what Kuroko does next week.

• March 25, 2015 at 6:48 pmrandom viewer

On one hand, I don’t want the climax to be dragged on too long because the epic conclusion awaits. And on the other hand, I don’t want it to end just yet because I know I won’t be seeing Kise anytime too soon after he had so much screen time this season. Argh my goodness.
    I believe in Kuroko’s ability to be the ace for the team and bring victory too. But I would be ok with a tied game if it does happen.