Harukana Receive – 12 (END) »« Harukana Receive – 10

Harukana Receive – 11

「ここまできたら真っ向勝負」 (Kokomadekitara Makkou Shoubu)
“We’re Essentially Playing Head-to-Head”

With the finale nearly upon us and the stakes higher than ever, this second to last episode did a pretty good job at setting us up for a wild finish.

General Impressions

Boy there were a lot of things going on this week that were trying its hardest to set things up for next week. From Claire getting some extra development to Kanata and Haruka really showing us just why they were able to make it as far as they did, it’s a shame that every episode couldn’t have been this good.

Anyways, getting back to the episode at hand, I have to admit I was rather impressed with how amped out things got me this week. With the qualifiers for nationals at hand, I loved how each side had their own way of trying to get things to swing in their favor. Be it Haruka trying a new move to overcome Claire’s blocks or Emily coming in and unleashing an unexpected amount of attacking power, I was loving just how energetic this week’s episode was. If I had to pick a specific thing though, I was fawning over just how much time Kanata was getting. As someone who has had a lot of focus throughout the series on how her short stature was really getting to her, it was really rewarding to see her get out there and defending like a madman. While it would have been nice to see her unleash a spike, I’ll take the pokeys that managed to score against a tired out Claire and Emily.

All that said, the question that I couldn’t stop thinking about was just how things were going to play out next week. At this point I think I’d be perfectly fine with either side taking the win since they’ve all shown an extraordinary amount of drive. However, seeing how one of the main points revolves around Narumi and getting to Narumi requires making it to nationals, it’s a shame that we probably won’t get to see how things conclude with only one episode remaining. That and I really hope that we don’t get some kind of montage that tosses us straight to the end of nationals or something similar to that since that’d definitely feel like a slap in the face at this point.

In any case, I’ll catch you guys next week for the thrilling finale where we’ll finally get to see who makes it to nationals! See you guys then!

September 16, 2018 at 10:56 pm
  • September 16, 2018 at 11:08 pmewok40k

• September 17, 2018 at 12:32 amMagnus Tancred

No, we have Bikini Warriors for that. :P

That aside, great episode. Managing to add some depth into the twins even at this late stage is welcome.

• September 17, 2018 at 10:31 pmRedRocket

Beach Volleyball is fanservice the sport so it cannot be helped.

• September 17, 2018 at 1:11 amSMinstrel

I got the feeling that Eclair will win, but Narumi will drop out of the match due to her sickness, and everything return to status quo, for now at least…

• September 17, 2018 at 8:07 amDoom Slayer

“A shame that every episode couldn’t be this good”? Elsewhere, different minds suggest that the inconsistencies in Harukana Receive were deliberate, specifically, that the more mundane, non-volleyball moments have an impact on Kanata and Haruka to the same extent as the beach volleyball moments. I am inclined to think that this is true.

• September 17, 2018 at 10:59 amsakl

Do you keep coming here just to shill for that place?

• September 17, 2018 at 6:54 pmSMinstrel

Nah, Infinite Zenith did write some good stuffs, so I’m fine with that.

• September 17, 2018 at 10:25 pmRedRocket

I like knowing about more coverage.

• September 17, 2018 at 11:02 amweasl

Maybe I’m mixing this and Hanebado, but I thought the already said that Okinawa was sending 2 teams this year.

• September 18, 2018 at 10:29 amNaweG

They originally said that (after HaruKana’s first match) but then a couple episodes ago clarified that things had changed and only one pair was going this year.

• September 17, 2018 at 5:15 pmRenaSayers

This episode had plenty tasty moments and only to be matched with the intensity of their play.

• September 17, 2018 at 7:20 pmHenrietta Brix

I’m sadden that the most summer of summer shows is coming to an end.

• September 17, 2018 at 10:29 pmRedRocket

They stated two earlier in series and then stated due to lack of qualifiers the number was reduced to one.
      Of course they could have the powers that be change their mind again which will seam Dex in Machina to some but in reality, the powers that be do change their minds, often to much so I feel a writer is being fair when they give a little reality to the story.

• September 22, 2018 at 1:40 amWorldwidedepp

ep 12 (end):

- an good ending.i spoil you a bit and tell you the episode do not just end when one side lost on the court. i liked the “after play”

- Also in Sports there is also a bit of the “Samurai” fighting truly, just without shedding blood and such.. like “when i shed my sword it is for killing!” and such.. Sports are rivals.. think about like “Kakashi and Guy” in Naruto, both where rival’s but friends/team when it become serious

- Nice “female” animations, pelvis and shoulder dimensions and such. Good work mina-san