Fate/stay night – 15 »« Fate/stay night – 13

Fate stay night   14   16 Fate stay night   14   17 Fate stay night   14   18
Fate stay night   14   19 Fate stay night   14   20 Fate stay night   14   21
Fate stay night   14   22 Fate stay night   14   23 Fate stay night   14   24
Fate stay night   14   25 Fate stay night   14   26 Fate stay night   14   27
Fate stay night   14   28 Fate stay night   14   29 Fate stay night   14   30
Fate stay night   14   31 Fate stay night   14   32 Fate stay night   14   33

Summary:
Rin, Saber, and Archer enter Ilya’s home and retrieve Shirou. Still feeling weak, Saber falls down while the group is making their escape. When Shirou tries to help her up, Archer tells him to stop because he can’t do anything for Saber. The group tries to leave through main hallway leading out of the house, but Ilya appears behind them. Rin figures out that Ilya has never actually left the castle, meaning that the Ilya they’ve seen is only an imitation. Ilya brings out Berserker, and since Saber is still too weak to fight, Rin has Archer step up to delay Berserker so that the rest of them can get away. Archer asks Rin if it’s ok for him to defeat Berserker and she replies by telling him not to hold back. Before his fight begins, Archer gives some advice to Shirou. Shirou can do only one thing, but he should master that one thing. Shirou must not to forget to image himself as the strongest. Archer then throws one of his swords into the ceiling, bringing it down and forming a barrier between the fight and the three running away.
As the battle gets underway, Archer is unable to hurt Berserker, so he ends up on the defense. After getting knocked into a wall, Archer jumps back up and says, “I am the bone of my sword.” He summons a bow and arrow and fires it at Berserker, but it does little more than temporarily slow his enemy down. Archer then jumps through the hole in the ceiling and manages to trap Berserker on the roof. “Steel is my body, and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades.” He summons four swirling blades that explode when they hit Berserker. “Unknown to death. Nor known to life…” The next attack uses two large wing-shaped blades in a downward slash. But after all that, Berserker is still standing. Archer then takes a hit that sends him into the wall. He briefly remembers Shirou’s face and walks back in, only to be hit again.
Archer’s body lands back inside the castle, but he’s still alive. When Ilya orders Berserker to hurry up and kill him, Archer responds by saying that Ilya is as merciless as ever and Ilya is surprised that he calls her by her first name. Archer knocks out the lights and reappears in a spot of moonlight. “Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet, those hands will never hold anything. So as I pray, unlimited blade works!” Ilya and Berserker are transported to a place with giant gears floating in the air and infinite swords in the ground. Archer and Berserker then make a final charge at each other. From outside, Rin suddenly stops running. The crescent symbol on her arm has disappeared. She wants to press onward, but Saber then collapses. Back in the castle, Archer disappears in a wave of sparkles. Ilya seems surprised that Archer was able to kill Berserker five times. At Ilya’s urging, heavily injured Berserker quickly regenerates his wounds. After those two leave to give chase to Rin and the others, we see that Archer’s red clothes also disappear, leaving behind only Rin’s pendant.

Special ED

Fate stay night   Special ED   01 Fate stay night   Special ED   02 Fate stay night   Special ED   03

ED: 「ヒカリ」 (Hikari) by 樹海 (Jukai)
Watch the ED! Mirror 1 and Mirror 2

Preview:

Fate stay night   14   Preview 01 Fate stay night   14   Preview 02 Fate stay night   14   Preview 03

I thought this was a fabulous episode, with some terrific action sequences. I’m really sad to see Archer go because he was one of my favorite characters on the show. It’s a shame he didn’t get more screen time. The special ending just made it even more poignant. The music in general was used very well this episode, contributing quite a bit to each of the scenes.
They don’t explicitly say who Archer was, but there are a LOT of hints given, from his fixation on Shirou to the pendant he leaves behind that’s the same one that Rin used to revive Shirou back in episode two. My policy remains to not say anything that they don’t explicitly state in the anime, so I’m not going to say it here in case they decide for whatever reason to bring him back or something (who knows, it could happen, especially if they plan to diverge from the game storyline). If you really want to know, the comments below state Archer’s real identity several times.
And in case you’re wondering, Berserker supposedly has 12 lives, one for each of the labors of Hercules. Archer here took off five of them (I believe it was six in the game, dunno why they changed it).
Next week is the episode I’ve been wondering about for a while now. Supposedly Saber’s mana needs to get replenished before she can fight again. The way they do it in the game is, well, not something they’d be able to get past TV censors. I’m curious how they’ll handle it, especially since the preview shows Rin and Saber together in bed…

April 7, 2006 at 4:57 pm
  • April 9, 2006 at 1:29 amRyohei

• April 9, 2006 at 6:17 amRasmiel

“Does anyone else remember how they explained why you should kill the Master rather than kill the Servant in episode 3 or 4? I’ll continue to hope on that…but at least if he went out, he went out in style.”

If a Servant is eliminated from the current war, they can’t be summoned again. A Servant can’t continue the war without a Master, so that’s why they say take out the Master instead of the Servant.

• April 9, 2006 at 10:55 amT_I

It’s much easier to take out the master than the servant

• April 9, 2006 at 11:49 amSubarashii no Masterpiece

• April 9, 2006 at 3:01 pmDragoon

• April 9, 2006 at 4:17 pm*Chi*

The pictures don’t work..

• April 9, 2006 at 5:01 pmdeltazechs

If only the previous episodes were this intense in terms of story advancement! I too think that Archer is a pretty cool character in the story and it’s rather sad to see him out of the game so soon.

The ending music was used well, sorrowful and yet bittersweet at the same time as Archer slowly disappears…

Wow, if Berserker could withstand all those insane attacks, I wonder what would it take to kill Berserker…

• April 9, 2006 at 7:01 pmgammaoh

Another 6-7 deaths would finally get him to bite it once and for all.

• April 9, 2006 at 9:50 pmGhOsTeDgE

I still don’t understand why Archer didn’t Image Avalon and become immortal. Then he could have defeated Berserker easily. As you know, Show Spoiler ▼

I extremely disliked this ending for Archer as he was my favorite character. They better get him back…

• April 9, 2006 at 10:07 pmChan

Nah, Archer’s not coming back. In fact, in the Fate path for the game, they were even LESS revealing of his identity…You never even saw the fight with Berseker, just the wreckage and a list of the ways he was repeatedly killed.

And, uh, for Episode 15…Well, let’s just say that it’s Shirou who’s doing the job, while Rin’s just getting them in the…mood.

• April 9, 2006 at 11:19 pmAbby

I don’t understand. The other Archer? I thought there were only 7 servants, one from each class. So how can there be 2 archers?

*Can’t wait to see the other masters!!!

• April 10, 2006 at 3:56 amEdward

nooooooooooooooooo… why why whyyyyyyyy??? Archer died ??? omg…. so, who’s Archer really?

• April 10, 2006 at 4:22 amKX

I am really I am wondering how they are gonna pull the next episode off.

Rin will give the jewels to Saber to restore mana… but if that’s the case, why do we see that introduction to a Yuri scene. I mean i dont care where you come from those last three pics above SPEAK of some kind of sexual scene.

one of my guesses is that it’ll be implied, or cut.

Meaning , like Rin will explain to Shirou what he needs to do, he gets nervous and prolly denies it, but Rin will ask him that he has to do it, if he wants to save saber, rin and himself. Understandgly, Saber will ask to shirou to put aside every other thought. Shirou will understand, and he’ll approach her, and we might go into the middle (where we see the Fate Stay Night logo as if we were going to commercials) and afterwards we’ll see them be “done”.

Tho however the idea, might still set the rating higher. SO I could be just making this up.

Sincerely i dont want any sexual action implied, but even with the three screenshots above, it is already.

I might gonna have to reach some contacts to cease this curiosity

• April 10, 2006 at 6:29 pmmango

• April 10, 2006 at 9:16 pmMike

Any pic of Karen, who Shirou end up marry.

• April 10, 2006 at 11:00 pmmango

• April 11, 2006 at 12:25 amMachi

Well actually Berserker did die 6 times one on the roof and 5 in the Reality Marble eitherway you guys underestimate Berserker. It’s no surprise for Berserker to defeat Archer ,as without a doubt is one of the top servants in Fate he ranks up pretty high.

• April 11, 2006 at 12:34 amBlackPanda

Some questions about karen and Future Shirou from Chan’s previous comment

As for Subarashii who mention some scenes from Curtain Riser

• April 11, 2006 at 9:55 amdead

tragicsmile April 8th, 2006 at 9:31 am

dead:maybe that OTHER guy would be able to use UBW before the series ends? yey more blades
    Remeber that Noble Phantasms are unique to the particular person using them. The person in the prologue probably doesn’t have UBW, but maybe a similar attack.

what i meant was would the guy who became archer be able to use UBW before the series ends? or do you have to be a servant first before you could use noble phantasms?

• April 11, 2006 at 10:11 amdead

been wondering since i found this amv…

..is the guy in the gold armor, gilgamesh?…i thought he’s an archer? why is he more armored than saber?

• April 11, 2006 at 3:27 pmSyaoran Li

Oh! Thanks a lot for that video, I was so damn cool…

About the near future, I hope the changes promised make a very good impresion, specially the final, I want to see a different final in here.

• April 11, 2006 at 4:10 pm*Chi*

I think it’s often the fact, that people want a different ending than in the game.
    I’m also one of them, the same as in the storylines (you can read them here: http://www.geocities.com/max3075/top.htm ) would be boring..

• April 11, 2006 at 8:54 pmMachi

Yes that is Gilgamesh and that armor of his is one reason that makes him pretty difficult I believe it deflects magic. Oh and yes Gil is an archer class basically Gilgamesh is the strongest servant in Fate no question about it. His Noble Phantasm is just too freakishly powerfull and with pretty high stats to boot~.

• April 12, 2006 at 7:29 amChan

…Hmm, just like most things in the TYPE-MOON universe, there’s no concrete evidence. But-

• April 12, 2006 at 11:14 amSyaoran Li

I’m looking forward for big changes after episode 15 or 16 (after they defeat Berserker). Who knows, maybe after “her” appears again, maybe Shirou and Saber improve in their relationship, if there is going to be any. Bringing back a Servant is unlikely, because that would ruin their departures, especially Archer. If Fate/Stay Night was a bishoujo game, its time to see more of that, I don’t mind another filler episode like 10, with more of Saber, Rin, Ilya and Sakura. If you know FATE storyline, we have a chance after this arc; please writers gave us what we want

• April 12, 2006 at 3:56 pmmango

=( *sighs*

• April 12, 2006 at 4:08 pm*Chi*

Jep, that’s why I personally hope they do a different ending, than in any of the storylines.
    Who knows the Fate ending will understand why..

• April 13, 2006 at 1:29 amSyaoran Li

¡We want anothr ending!
    ¡We want anothr ending!
    ¡We want anothr ending!

^_^ really… ok, if that doesn’t happen, at least gave us a little more fanservice

• April 16, 2006 at 10:51 amArashi

i think archer wil come back..or no??? have u seen the preview? when there was no anime , but they advertised it? and there were scenes from the anime..and there was a fight between berserker and acher…when archer used his bow and said something like this: my bone is my sword..but i dont remember …so??:S i want him baaaaaaaaaaack >_

• August 18, 2006 at 9:01 pmmiharu_chan

i don’t think archer is going to come back… ?_?
    if hes not coming back i’m not going to see thier epsodes.

• March 8, 2007 at 3:15 pmHaha

This is so retarded. I think Archer should have won since he used UBW(Why didn’t he use Excaliber? Siro can even make Abalon!! Or, he could have made up the key sword to open the gate of Babilon of Gilgamesh). I agree Fate is the worst story line of all except for those fanboys of Saber.

• July 3, 2007 at 12:48 amJohn

hey hey i have ever realy seen the show but i realy bad wont to it looks awesome buy yeah i’v seen some clips of the show on my computer without sound (working on that) an Archer die is pritty sucky. i was thinking him and Rin were going to get together near the end =P

• August 1, 2007 at 9:39 pmJYP

This episode was one of the best I’ve seen…
    Can’t believe Archer lost using UBW though. That’s theoretically unbeatable (a la Gilgamesh). the fight would have been much worse without it, however.
    Fate was the storyline chosen for the anime (I think) because its the most anime-friendly of the three. A tag-team beating nearly impossible odds to achieve final victory…similar to some of the other animes around. It is the weakest story though. UBW would have been awesome.

• November 2, 2007 at 1:42 amwill.

why don’t they just make an OVA for the UBW storyline?

• November 17, 2007 at 12:54 amtrk-nothingness

A version of the UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS:

I am at home, bored
    Fat is my body, and fired was my ass.
    I have drunken over a thousand beers,
    Unknown to work.
    Nor known to lift a finger.
    Have withstood pain to create many resumes.
    Yet, those hands will never do anything.
    So as I snore, “Unlimited Unemployment Works”.

• July 18, 2009 at 9:25 amblog hosting

blog hosting [url=http://wordpress.com]blog hosting[/url] blog hosting [url= http://wordpress.com ] blog hosting [/url]

• August 6, 2009 at 1:52 amDimeric

To me it looked like Rin used the last of her command spells to force Archer to keep fighting even tho he knew he’d lose.

Maybe she’s just servant-less and hes just master-less now. O’well on to the next one.

• September 13, 2009 at 12:20 amUBW2010

Eh, an Unlimited Blade Works Route Movie will be coming soon next year, 2010 on January 23rd.

• « Older Comments