OLIVIA inspi’ REIRA (TRAPNEST) – Wish PV (NANA OP2) »« NANA – 23

NANA   24   10 NANA   24   11 NANA   24   12
NANA   24   13 NANA   24   14 NANA   24   15
NANA   24   16 NANA   24   17 NANA   24   18
NANA   24   19 NANA   24   20 NANA   24   21
NANA   24   22 NANA   24   23 NANA   24   24
NANA   24   25 NANA   24   26 NANA   24   27

Summary:
-Hachi eventually got a message from Nana saying that she’d be staying at Ren’s for the night.
-After their night together, Reira admits to Shin that she’s half American, but hides it so that people don’t attribute her looks or talents to that. With everyone telling her not to ruin her image, she finds that being human is tiring.
-At band practice, Shin scolds Nobu for only doing things halfway when he went to see Hachi earlier.
-Shin is having trouble smoking because he seems to have lost his necklace lighter.
-Gaia music is interested in the band and will be coming to Blast’s next live concert to scout them out.
-Nana mentions Nobu to Hachi, which reminds Hachi of what Nobu said about surpassing Takumi. Nana admits to having seen Takumi and Hachi together on that previous night, but claims that she left that night because Ren called her. Nana also announces that she’ll be staying at Ren’s for two weeks since the band is on break.
-Hachi is insecure in her relationship with Takumi, but Nana actually tries to vouch for him. Hachi hadn’t thought that Nana would encourage her that way, and that’s why she hadn’t told Nana earlier about it. Nana admits to hating girls who follow the newest fads, but she saw how Hachi had been crying to Takumi, so she wouldn’t scorn Hachi.
-Hachi knows that Nobu found out about her relationship with Takumi and asks if Nana told anyone. Nana did indeed tell Yasu, but she remembers that Nobu and Shin learned about this from Takumi himself. Ren had told Nana about what happened at the party, but he also thought that Takumi might actually like Hachi.
-Shin gets another call from Reira and goes to see her. Before he leaves, he tells Nobu that the one thing Nobu can beat Takumi in is love.
-Shin arrives at Reira’s place, and she wonders if he intentionally left his necklace lighter at her place. She tries to use it to lure him into her apartment, but Shin simply holds out his hand and says that she has to pay in advance.
-While Nana is taking a bath and singing to herself, Nobu meets with Hachi on the waterfront outside her apartment building. He finally confesses that he likes her.
-Reira meanwhile didn’t intend to have Shin come over to sleep with him, so Shin decides to leave without his lighter. Reira chases him to the elevator where the places the lighter around his neck. Shin admits that the 100,000 yen price was a lie. Although he usually gets a large sum, no one has ever paid him that much in cash before. He figures out that this must be the first time Reira has bought herself a man, and because he feels so awkward from all that money, he agrees to spend another night with her. After the door closes, separating them, Shin leans silently against the elevator wall.
-Nobu knows that Hachi hasn’t been coming to their studio practices because of what he said, but he tells her not to worry about him and that everyone is lonely without her. He is relieved when Hachi agrees to do so, and says that that’s satisfying enough for him. These words make Hachi many times happier than Takumi’s words.
-Back in her room, Hachi realizes that if she wasn’t with Takumi, she would have definitely fallen for Nobu and would have become his girlfriend. But she also knows that if she sees Takumi again, she’ll sleep with him again. She’s not sure what she really wants.
-The next day, Nana leaves before Hachi wakes up, having left only a brief note. When Hachi does get up, she wonders if Nana will be coming back in two weeks.
-In retrospect, Hachi thinks that even now, there isn’t a day when she doesn’t wish for Nana to be across from her at that table. Her heart calls out Nana’s name many times.

-It’s good to see an episode that features ShinXReira so heavily. They’re one of my favorite couples in this series, especially with Hirano Aya voicing Reira.
-As much as I like Nobu more than Takumi, I think that Hachi really needs to change herself before she can have a stable relationship. In that sense, I think it’s better for her to be with neither of them, even though I know that it’s only going to get more entangled from here on out.
-With the new season starting, there’s a chance I might drop Nana for a different show. It depends on how the new season starting next week with such Wednesday shows as Negima!? and Yoakena (see the fall preview for more information) turns out.

September 27, 2006 at 6:37 pm
  • September 27, 2006 at 7:10 pmmiss piggy

did noubo tell hachi that he’s in love with her?

• September 27, 2006 at 7:28 pmLalita

Aww! Nobu Nobu! He’s so cute!! :)

• September 27, 2006 at 7:31 pmCloud28

ZOMG Awesome!

• September 27, 2006 at 7:37 pmterelildevil

Ha I wanna know whats up with shin and miss pop idol!!!

• September 27, 2006 at 9:15 pmMisato-san

Oh my god I can’t wait to see this episode… I’ll fall for Nobu again… ^_^

• September 27, 2006 at 9:40 pmAndrew

Awww
    I hope Nobu and Hachi end up together.
    Thanks for another great summary and screencaps ^_^

• September 27, 2006 at 10:17 pmMeru

As always, thanks for the great episode summaries!

• September 27, 2006 at 10:19 pmRickaZ

Yeah kudos for Shinn and Reira, it’l take a while but that’s the pair I’m roting for with al my heart ^^

• September 28, 2006 at 5:17 ampenny4em

I love Shin! He looks so elegant in the 18th pic, and Reira looks absolutely gorgeous in the 13th. What’s the age difference again?

• September 28, 2006 at 7:47 amgolthin

Bring tissues people! The tear jerking episodes are coming up!

• September 28, 2006 at 3:40 pmhashihime

I vote for Nana over Negima, even with Shinbou directing. Delay a day if you must. Nana is a great story. I understand that josei/shoujo may not be the preferred genre of most animephiles, but it is mine, and this is so much more interesting, deep and mature a series than 90% of all anime. I mean, real human beings versus magic students or fairies or monsters? No contest.

The opening monologue in this epsiode proved to me that Hirano Aya is as good as SHnY made her seem. It gave me chills.

• September 28, 2006 at 4:03 pmtunemeister

please don’t drop nana. with the others that I watched going off (ouran, Zero, and H&C) I wo’nt know what to watch. if you need to, I underdstand.

• September 28, 2006 at 8:36 pmkamishiro

NANA ROX!! \O/

shin and reira…they are soo cute ^-^~
    most of the people prefere nobu than takumi…but i like takumiXhachi…=/

• September 28, 2006 at 8:42 pmOmni

Delay a day if you must.
    Well if I could I would, but…
    Let’s go over the schedule:
    Bleach is moving to Wednesdays. In addition, there are a couple of Wednesday shows I’m looking forward to. In other words, Wednesdays are no good.
    However, Thursdays are even worse. There are no less than eight shows I’m very interested in for Thursday. I might even spill one or two into Friday. No chance there either.

• September 30, 2006 at 9:47 amJeckel

Am I the only one who thinks Reira is a pedophile?

• September 30, 2006 at 11:36 amMeru

Ooops, I totally glazed over the part about dropping NANA.

It’s really your choice, but you will definitely be missed!! I always like checking out your NANA summaries because the fansubs are kind of slow and I don’t have enough HD room to get the raws as well.

• September 30, 2006 at 3:13 pmmiss piggy

NO! NO! NO!im in love with takumi& i refuse to think hachi may fall for nubo.

• October 1, 2006 at 9:16 pmKira

If you drop nana You will be missed. I am always coming here looking for the summeries, since i don’t speack Japanese…This is the only way that i can know what is going on with this killer anime…But like the others have said it is up to you…I am hopping that the other anime are worth it…Thanx for your hard work…

• October 2, 2006 at 10:26 pmcrystal

SWEET! THANKS.

• October 2, 2006 at 10:27 pmcrystal

OH NOOO! DONT DROP NANA >

• October 3, 2006 at 7:53 amVi-Vi

Please DON’T DROP NANA !!!

• October 3, 2006 at 7:59 pmAndrew

I understand you have lots of shows to summarize / screencap, thanks very much for all your hard work.
    Since Blood+ ended, Nana is the only anime that I watch now.
    I hope that you don’t drop Nana, but if you have to, I understand.

I vote to keep Nana ^_^
    Thanks very much

• October 5, 2006 at 6:31 ammiss piggy

WHAT THE HELL? DONT DROP IT YOU READ ME?

• October 5, 2006 at 6:35 pmlast_memory

Yes !!! Please, don’t drop it !!! I will feel very sad

• October 5, 2006 at 9:23 pmL

I’m okay with Negima … but please don’t drop Nana. I’m a student and I don’t have time to watch the series (I read the manga though) so I skim through your posts to find out which episodes I should watch because of my limited anime time. Anyway, about this ep: Hate hate hate Takumi. He’s shite. Plus he and Reira look like they have a thing don’t they? Gah.

• October 6, 2006 at 10:48 pmcorbitt

Pleeeaaassseeee don’t drop nana! What will i do without it?

• October 11, 2006 at 7:42 amCajy

I wish that Hachi would make up her mind faster by deciding that she wants to start anew with Nobu.Damn Takumi,bloody hell!!!!

• October 11, 2006 at 7:56 amCajy

why is there no summary on episode 25 ?_? (really quite disappointed)tis website have posted the most NANA summaries, i am looking foward to more summareies on NANA, please don’t drop it, pretty PLEASE…………..

• October 11, 2006 at 1:16 pmmiss piggy

L & Cajy please dont write bad things about takumi he is #1
    and so cutttttttte…XD oh and dont drop nana please..

• October 13, 2006 at 9:42 amshweetness

please please pleaseeee! don’t drop NANA!!! you’re the only one I know that does episode summaries for the show and my life would be incomplete without knowing what happens to NANA!!! also I’m really amazed by how much work you have been doing… I can never imagine myself having that much time… keep up the great job!!!

• October 17, 2006 at 12:09 pmTJ

Hachi is the posterchild for rebound dating… One relationship goes sour, and soon she’s back on her feet…
    Anway with Negima, I’m sure that you have your hands full. Guess we’re gonna have to do things the old fashioned way and just watch the episodes as they come out :)

• October 20, 2006 at 1:13 amLindsay

o wow shin is like 16 right? and how old is reira 20 something?

• October 23, 2006 at 11:45 pmsealouse

Even though I said it was an even trade with Negima I still can’t believe you blog Bleach instead of this.

• November 6, 2006 at 12:49 amelisa

NOO DONT YOU DARE DROP NANA =(

• November 30, 2006 at 12:43 pmKat

The story is getting interesting. But Hachi is going to live with Takumi and break Nubus heart and also nana’s heart.

• November 30, 2006 at 2:53 pmChongo

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH!!! i cannot believe Hachi dumped Nobu because *if u havnt watched it yet* SHE GOT PREGANT! even though she knows that she doesn;t have to assume that nobu cant support her becuase HELLO hes FREAKIN RicH! she knows she loves him and he luvs her back so y she going to hurt him by marrying takumi becuase he is in trapnest?! GOD the Trapnest is the DEVIL’s CURSE!!! WAAAAAAA nobu has to go and beat up takumi and get hachi back…. i hate these kinda shojo, waaaa. does someone agree wit me?

• March 3, 2007 at 11:36 amKat

awww you stopped posting nana. i can understand, it’s really bothering me lately how everythings turning out

• March 19, 2007 at 2:31 pmpinti chan

esta muy wena…. ehhh buenna… !! kawaii

• July 9, 2009 at 10:51 amAngelus

If only there where a conflict in this cursed series, that surpasses the limits of the every day life!

• July 9, 2009 at 10:58 amAngelus

In case the program didn’t send my message, I repeat: Takumi is a dirty rat, and Hachi is a willingweak, halfmad slot!

• July 22, 2009 at 5:19 amAngelus

Shin is somehow the most mature character in the whole series.

• July 26, 2009 at 10:28 amAngelus

People need dramatic examples to shape themselfs out of agony. Not to sink in it!

• September 2, 2009 at 2:55 amAngelus

Realism dosen’t equals to depression. This is the lsson the storywriters didn’t learn. As if it were a telenovell!