Random Musings – New Years 2008 Edition »« Random Musings – CODE GEASS Second Series in Spring

CODE GEASS – DVD Magazine 01

CODE GEASS – Best Phrase Award

CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   01 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   02 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   03
CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   04 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   05 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   06

Lelouch’s line from the end of the first episode got the number one phrase (out of the first half of the series), but they gave special mention to Orange-kun. The highlight of it all is Milly and Shirley’s commentary. Milly is really funny – I love how her voice actress can pretend to be other characters. Extremely cheery C.C. was also amusing to hear, especially with how she coldly treats Lelouch.

Secret Note

CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   07 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   08 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   09

Here they introduced various things you wouldn’t know by just watching the episodes, such as the fact that Lelouch’s favorite book is Shakespeare‘s Hamlet (the narrator even comments on how its meaningful) and why C.C. was in the pool in episode 10 (she can’t publicly go in and out of the clubhouse bathroom).

Sayoko’s Diary

CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   10 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   11 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   12
CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   13 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   14 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   15
CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   16 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   17 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   18

This has Sayoko meeting Suzaku, the two introducing themselves to each other, and Sayoko falling in love with him. The subsequent LelouchXSuzaku misunderstanding is hilarious.

Lelouch’s Britannia History Course

CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   19 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   20 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   21

Lelouch and Suzaku go over how a.t.b. = Ascension Throne Britannia and how the Britannia royal family started from a Celtic king who resisted Julius Caesar‘s invasion of Britannia.

Hangyaku Nikki on DVD Magazine

CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   22 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   23 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   24
CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   25 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   26 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   27
CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   28 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   29 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   30

Hangyaku Nikki (Rebellion Diary) is a weekly internet radio program for GEASS featuring Sayoko’s voice actress Arai Satomi and Milly’s voice actress Oohara Sayaka. For this DVD episode, they had Lelouch’s voice actor Fukuyama Jun and Rivalz’s voice actor Sugiyama Noriaki together for a crazy round of a sugoroku game. Fukuyama Jun alone makes his worthwhile to watch because he’s an absolute riot on camera.

Sequel News

CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   31 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   32 CODE GEASS   DVD Magazine 1   33

There’s also a 20 second teaser for the new series showing images of a new Knightmare that resembles the Lancelot and of Rollo. The text that flashes by suggests that he’s looking for his brother and that he’s got a naivete different from his brother. And oh yea, Rollo’s last name is Lamperouge. That evil look must run in the family…

Aside from those things, the DVD had a few more extras like special voiceovers for the previews of the first thirteen episodes and a bevy of commercials for other series. All together, there’s over an hour’s worth of entertainment on here, and most of it is really funny (especially Hangyaku Nikki on DVD Magazine). I believe some of it (at least the Britannia history lesson) has appeared elsewhere before, but regardless, this is definitely worth a watch if you’re a GEASS fan.

December 22, 2007 at 12:04 am
  • December 22, 2007 at 12:16 amcagallisan

oh XD!!

• December 22, 2007 at 12:17 amEpyon

ahh where can i download this and subbed =/

• December 22, 2007 at 12:19 amKaioshin Sama

Whoaaaaaa, I’m strangely attracted to this SD Code Geass. And the History lesson is an obvious take on the old Gunbuster Science lessons. Koichiro Ota was also voiced by Norio Wakamoto, so I wonder if the King of Britannia makes any references to that part.

• December 22, 2007 at 12:21 amFuruba

omg i wanna see this o___o!!! lol hope it gets subbed ♥ looks good XD

• December 22, 2007 at 12:29 amwhitey-chan

damn! can’t wait for the next season! and a new guy appeared huh? lulu rules! XD

• December 22, 2007 at 12:33 amnegima1228

i guess Lelouch will carry on as main character, not the youngster. :)

• December 22, 2007 at 1:17 amYue

Wow.. didn’t expect Rollo to be Lulu’s brother (or at least related to Lulu).

• December 22, 2007 at 1:29 amashlay

Britannian history lessons are in the dvd booklets, right?

• December 22, 2007 at 1:44 amrandomdude

For some reason all these scans and videos I’m seeing is making me think that Lulu died/dissapeared and is replaced by Rollo as the new Zero.

My Japanese is super amatuer-ish, but doesn’t the third last screenshot with Lulu says “the devil’s eyes dies” and http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Nervli/aaaaMishirow/remod18093.jpg saying “and so a new Zero appears” and from a magazine scan “Q: Is this Zero, Lulu?” “A: The man behind the mask is a secret.”

• December 22, 2007 at 1:45 ambullrogg

wow…that is just wow… KALLEN FTW!!!!!!!!!

• December 22, 2007 at 1:56 amflou

@randomdude,
    It says something like “Lelouch, die with that devil eye of yours!” Lelouch is alive. That was confirmed in the latest issues of Newtype Romance and Asuka (not that it wasn’t obvious in the first place :P).

• December 22, 2007 at 2:06 amJenose

Rollo Lamperouge…

- -* may be this time Sunrise makes me sick!

i don’t forget about what was happen to Gundam Seed Destiny =A=)”

• December 22, 2007 at 2:16 amflou

^That’s one Sunrise series out of many. Don’t use it as an example since it had a completely different staff and cast.

• December 22, 2007 at 3:25 amVenire

Code Geass is already worse than Gundam Seed Destiny. Hell, the only thing that really sucked with GSD was the ending, and the fact that it recycled way too much from it’s predecessors. CG is just a pile of junk as far as writing goes.

• December 22, 2007 at 3:58 amAnsoni

His last name is Lamperouge, but this is not Lelouch’s real last name…

• December 22, 2007 at 4:34 amGevo

@Ansoni: Actually, Lamperouge is his mother’s maiden name, so in a sense, it is his real last name now that he… is estranged… with his father.

• December 22, 2007 at 4:54 amanotheronebitestehdust

O_o Scr*w Gundam – give my back my phew phew lazor cannons and orange-kun ^^

• December 22, 2007 at 5:12 amPohl

I bet that Rollo Lamperouge=Nunally XD

• December 22, 2007 at 5:35 amMitheor

Oh, I need this DVD.

Any link to download the raw?

• December 22, 2007 at 7:38 amobethx

We can only hope that Pizza Hut still supports the rebellion, because it is the only way for Code Geass to have a consistent animation quality.

• December 22, 2007 at 7:51 amluches

must be awesome

• December 22, 2007 at 9:15 ammelchior

I too hope for more Pizza Hut sponsorship. The advertising was so shameless that it became somewhat of a running gag, and we were often disappointed when it didn’t appear in a few of the episodes.

• December 22, 2007 at 9:18 amWestlo

“Pohl at 5:12 am on December 22nd, 2007

I bet that Rollo Lamperouge=Nunally XD”

Nunally is so doing her best impersonation of Dilandau from Escaflowne, lets hope Nunallay/Rollo is as psycho as Dilandau xd

• December 22, 2007 at 11:18 amUnknown Voice

@Venire

I am sorry but no. GSD was a soap opera and disgrace to Gundam franchise. I could live with Seed as it did have some story line, instead of characters drooling around.

As far as I am concerned COde Geass had a very good storywriting and plot-twists.

Destiny had no plot-twist..hell Destiny had no story XD

BUt, We can’t compare these two shows – different authors, although same company. (I am tahnkful that Fuckuda is not handling geass )

• December 22, 2007 at 1:06 pmkaisis

code geass..one of the highlights of the new year xD

• December 22, 2007 at 1:06 pmflou

@Gevo

Lamperouge is NOT his mother’s maiden name. That’s false information. There is no evidence to back it up.

• December 22, 2007 at 1:07 pmflou

Also it was confirmed that Nunnally is NOT Rollo by one of the real spoiler guys.

• December 22, 2007 at 1:26 pmKaioshin Sama

Jeez, and people complain about Anti-Kyoani trolls all the time? Sunrise trolling still appears where it’s at just because they dropped the ball on one series out of like 100 and it amazes me how negative people still are towards other Sunrise series that have aired since because of it.

I’m one of the biggest Gundam fans I know of and I’ll admit that GSD was a horrible experience, but I’m not going to take it out on Code Geass for no good reason, especially since it’s been very solid so far.

All of this prejudging a series for the better or worse before the last episode has had it’s day is starting to get on my nerves these days. People seem to go episode by episode and assume a series is either a masterpiece or an abomination based off of how one random episode in the middle of the series run played out. Also for some reason there rarely seems to be a healthy middle ground that involves people just watching the damn show and discussing it, like the people in Genshiken. That’s the internet for you I guess.

Anyway, I have to say no to more Pizza Hut advertisement though. Even if it was worked in as a plot device for C.C, that kind of obvious product placement still makes my skin crawl. It was harmless to the plot in the end, but I still have an aversion to it. If it happens it happens though.

• December 22, 2007 at 2:12 pmUnknown Voice

@Kaioshin Sama

Pizza hut ads were two-sided deals. While we could see Pizza-hut logos in Code Geass, Lelouch was smiling from the covers of Pizza Hut pizza in japan.

Agreed on sunrise thing…

Sunrise =/= Fukuda thus,
    Sunrise anime =/= GSD

• December 22, 2007 at 5:57 pmquigonkenny

“Pohl at 5:12 am on December 22nd, 2007
    I bet that Rollo Lamperouge=Nunally XD”

LAWL. If they pulled a reverse Ackbar with Nunally/Rollo, that would own all. Seriously though, you just know Nunally’s hiding something…

• December 22, 2007 at 8:41 pmFinal

Rollo Lamperouge? That doesn’t sound as catchy >.

• December 23, 2007 at 12:02 ammeromero

Haha when I first saw Rollo thought: “Oh my, he looks like a mix between Suzaku and Lulu! Maybe their kid? XD”. But anyway meh, sure he looks evil but I want my evil Lulu back.

• December 23, 2007 at 1:41 amMysteriouOS

I just have a quick question about the DVD

• December 23, 2007 at 11:30 amuchiha

so…this is how we continue…xD cant wait to see the next season

• December 23, 2007 at 1:49 pmKaminaLives

Lulu, and now Lolo, er, Rollo? What were the King and Queen thinking when they named their kids? :P

• December 23, 2007 at 2:06 pmStormFangs

I don’t like this Rollo kid…
    And he’s a Lamperouge too??Is this turning into Code:Soap opera or what? :D

• December 23, 2007 at 6:10 pmKaMen

That new guy is just Nunnally…

• December 25, 2007 at 12:00 ammaxellcid

here is the teaser but is in italian

• December 25, 2007 at 4:32 ammaria

for those who dont like CG then just dont come to complain. Code Geass has one of the best animations at work right now and, like many, i am very excited to watch the upcoming season.

• December 25, 2007 at 5:51 pmLilian

I want lelouch back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• December 25, 2007 at 6:43 pmm-san

LOLlo Lamperouge xD;

I WANT MY LULU NAO! GRRR!

• December 26, 2007 at 6:04 amkite

not only evil runs in the family but also gayness too.

• December 26, 2007 at 6:08 amnutsu

Please excuse me, I gotta bug them CG subbers for this one…

• December 26, 2007 at 7:09 amalpha

Agree with Pohl

Rollo = Nunally; their eyes and hair colour are the same. (If you wonder when she ever open her eye, refer to scence where her mother got shot or at younger age).

I dunno, may be she is not really blind but for some reason she pretended to be, so she could know for a long time about her brother as Zero.

• December 26, 2007 at 9:08 amKyuu

Let’s all hope the title of this anime continues to be Code Geass: ->LELOUCH

• December 26, 2007 at 9:11 amKyuu

*ehm*
    LELOUCH of the rebellion.

ps.: WTF RORO? What kind of name is that?

• December 26, 2007 at 12:53 pmmoonface

I think the director’s brain is going bad… Rollo? ooooh wow look at that evil smile, he’s so …. um gay ? ok well you tell me. It’s like a mix between a girl and an incomplete Lulu. I’d leave the evil scenes to Lulu like in episode 23 with the hahahahahahaha ya that was awesome. Can you imagine Rollo (what a retarded name, every time I write it it just feels like man this is so retarded) doing the same ? anyway, I hope we get more craziness from Lulu and hopefully Suzaku will actually do something useful this season … kind of disappointed because I was hoping they’d bring Nunnaly into the picture with her crazy nightmare from the Nunally of the Nightmare manga… oh well.

• December 27, 2007 at 9:53 amKobke

its shirley!!
    hahaa just kidin ^^
    =)
    (=
    =)
    (=
    =)
    (=
    =)

• December 27, 2007 at 5:10 pmyesmilord

Were there any speculations or *gulp* confirmations on the airing date for Season 2?

I know both my friend and I have been in a chokehold since the airing of 24/25 >:O

• December 27, 2007 at 5:19 pmMooMoo

I have a feeling that Rollo is Nunally’s twin brother instead of actually being her. =0

• January 3, 2008 at 3:49 pmStrettger

Well, yay, not much else to say.
    Rollo…. maybe is Nunnaly but I doubt it. I think he looks a bit like V.V myself, they have exactly the same eye’s and how hard would it be to get a haircut+dye or just wearing a giant blonde wig?

• January 4, 2008 at 7:50 pmpete

Heh, I would have thought Lelouch’s favorite Shakespeare would be Macbeth.

• January 5, 2008 at 8:19 pmTakeru

Thanks for the news! OMG, this Rollo thing makes me @_@ …. I’d have called him Lolo, since the other brother is Lulu XD Rollo… Omg, that’s horrible XD

• January 7, 2008 at 8:40 amStormFangs

Can I download this somewhere>?I’m dying to see it!!!