« Blue Drop – 12

Blue Drop   13   22 Blue Drop   13   23 Blue Drop   13   24
Blue Drop   13   25 Blue Drop   13   26 Blue Drop   13   27
Blue Drop   13   28 Blue Drop   13   29 Blue Drop   13   30
Blue Drop   13   31 Blue Drop   13   32 Blue Drop   13   33
Blue Drop   13   34 Blue Drop   13   35 Blue Drop   13   36
Blue Drop   13   37 Blue Drop   13   38 Blue Drop   13   39

Summary:

As she works on some last minute adjustments for the play after everyone else falls asleep, Michiko starts thinking about Hagino and about what she had overheard. Mari and Hagino then return together from their pool encounter to check on her, and Michiko notices that they’re holding hands. She’s glad that the two reconciled, and taking their hands, she thanks them both for everything up until now. Early the next morning, unbeknownst to the students or festival attendees, Shivariel and the Novaal engage the human defense forces in battle. The Japanese fleet is no match for alien firepower, but Tsubael eventually steps in and protects them with the Blue. She then returns fire and scores a direct hit on the enemy ship, sending it crashing into the ocean. Tsubael’s goal is to prevent anything from happening to interrupt the play and to protect Hagino. But with the fighting taking place in the airspace above them, a large explosion shakes the auditorium in the middle of the play and alerts Hagino to what’s going on. Yuuko then barges in to alert everyone about the evacuation order that’s been issued, and as explosions rip through the school grounds, the crowd quickly clears out.

All around the world, giant disk shaped UFOs now cover the skylines, and many flying girls appear. However, these girls start exploding and wreaking havoc on the cities. Back at the school, Yuuko returns to the auditorium after evacuating everyone to find that all of her students are still there. Hagino quietly apologizes because she knows that all this is the fault of her race, and she then takes off her costume and apologizes for not telling everyone about her true identity. She starts to leave, but Mari stops her and tries to get her to say that she’ll come back. Hagino, however, just responds with a goodbye. Once she’s gone, the other girls start thinking that Hagino was an alien spy, but Michiko stands up for Hagino by claiming that she left to protect them. With all of her fond memories of Hagino, Michiko refuses to believe that Hagino was a spy. This leads to Mari deciding to go after Hagino, and she runs out towards the docks. Onboard the Blue, Tsubael reports to Hagino that the Novaal is headed in their direction, and she apologizes for not being able to protect the school festival. Hagino, however, blames her own original selfishness, and she thanks Tsubael for what she’s done.

With everything going relatively according to plan, Shivariel starts thinking about Mari who she refers to as a catalytic telepath. She then launches all of the Novaal’s aircraft at the Blue, and the Blue isn’t able to hold up against the bombardment. Just as the Blue is about to get hit by the next wave though, Azanael seizes control of the aircraft and redirects them away from the Blue. With Azanael’s intervention, Tsubael and Hagino are able to launch the Blue out of the water, and right as Hagino is thinking about Mari, Mari appears on the docks. Hagino at first can only see Mari on the video screen though and can’t hear her, but Mari then notices a sea gull and chases after it. Mari’s calling out to her as Jeanne causes Hagino to start crying, but Hagino nevertheless gives the order for the Blue to take off towards the Novaal, leaving Mari behind. Up in space, Shivariel gets frustrated enough by what Azanael did that she orders the Novaal’s Genocide Mode. When she finds out, Tsubael curses because they don’t have enough energy to stop it. To Tsubael’s surprise, Hagino salutes her and thanks her for all the work she’s done. Before Tsubael can realize what’s going on, Hagino ejects Tsubael in an escape pod.

Alone on the Blue now, Hagino teleports the ship right in front of the Novaal as the Novaal is about to fire its cannons at Azanael’s fighter aircraft. The Blue crashes into the Novaal, destroying everything, and in her last moments, Hagino recites the line from the play about how, no matter the blade, the single rose blooming in the wilderness inside of her cannot be cut. The name of the rose is Jeanne. Back on Earth, as she watches the bright light in the sky, Mari recalls the line about Jeanne being the one who sows the seeds of hope across the world. Fast-forward 30 years later, and the woman on the shuttle going to the negotiations – Michiko – looks at a copy of the play’s script. Her fellow negotiator comments on how they can finally lower the curtain on the war, but Michiko disagrees because she thinks it’s still up. Regardless, she feels that it’ll be okay.

Ah, I had a gut feeling that Hagino wouldn’t survive, and it looks like she didn’t. Still, taking out Shivariel isn’t a bad way to go. And the scene where Hagino was fighting the tears and her own feelings while Mari was calling to her (well, Jeanne) was so full of emotion and really touching – it was probably my favorite scene from the ending. You could just see how much she didn’t want to leave, yet for her sake and for Mari’s sake, she had something she had to do. On that note though, I was a little disappointed that more wasn’t said about what happened to Mari afterwards, and I think they could have done more to show what made Mari so special with the telepath thing. It would have bothered me if just that had been the end of the series, but fortunately they then came full circle back to 30 years later, giving the show more closure. I had honestly completely forgotten about the beginning of the first episode, and Hagino even recited that same line, giving it a lot more meaning this time around.

Final Thoughts: I didn’t think Blue Drop started out that great (a bit slow and dialogue heavy), but it got progressively better as the series went on and more of the sci-fi stuff got introduced. And while I didn’t ever appreciate the series as much as some people did – all 22 of you who voted this the best of the year – I think it’s got an interesting mix of yuri and sci-fi, so it’s easy to recommend this for fans of either genre.

December 25, 2007 at 4:18 pm
  • February 23, 2008 at 2:23 pmakira

Fan fiction…..
    It is really wonderful.I also am reading occasionally.
    Yuri anime’s fan fiction….
    Fan fiction of Blue Drop is few.
    But fan fiction site that I know is written.
    Shoujo-Ai Archive,
    FanFiction.Net,
    百合の迷宮,
    etc(Japanese sites)
    ‘百合の迷宮’ is translating from English into Japanese(from English fan fiction)(The original is put in the site)

• February 26, 2008 at 8:21 amakira

Fan fiction of a blue drop is few.
    The blue drop illustration is a little.
    However, I love blue drop.
    yuri list ,add.
    Mai Otome 0 ~S.ifr~,bleach ep57,Battle Athletes OVA,
    ……………..It writes when recalling it.

• February 28, 2008 at 10:21 pmakira

I like illustration of Yuri. And I like illustration of Blue Drop too.
    Yuri list,add.
    Utena movie(top-class yuri!)

claymore(yuri?)(but…pedo…problem…),Best Student Council(Yuri is thin),
    Tsuyokiss(Erika×Yoshimi)(My memory is vague),
    Azumanga Daioh(Yuri is thin,but caras are cute),High School Girls(Yuri is thin),
    ……………..It writes when recalling it too.

• March 2, 2008 at 4:36 amakira

About Yuri and the coupling sign(=×)
    Chara1×Chara2.
    × is the coupling sign.
    Negima!(Konoka×Setsuna),
    Negima!(Setsuna×Konoka),
    For example, this is different the meaning.
    The meaning has come from yaoi.Though it is improper(as yuri),
    SEME × UKE
    (Top ×Bottom)
    “Zetsubou sensei” of Fujiyoshi talk.(Pane×Napple,Napple×pane)

yuri list….It is not possible to recall it any longer.

• March 18, 2008 at 1:13 amkotori

I just finished watching this, what a horrible ending, I hate it, she should live on with Mari :(

• April 12, 2008 at 3:27 amakira

Anime made in Japan is basically made for the Japanese.
    If you do not see Anime in the aspect like the Japanese, you
    do not understand a true meaning about the story.

04/19 ペンギン娘♥はぁと
    05/02 Candy boy

• April 12, 2008 at 10:40 amakira

If you want to see Anime deeply, you should know the Japanese.
    The culture is different. The religion is also different.
    Most Japanese are not Christianities.Zetsubou sensei’s Fansub was strange.
    (Kami-sama=Buddha , Itoshik is a Buddhist)
    Love is a self-sacrifice.
    I also think so.

• April 12, 2008 at 11:25 amakira

I made a mistake.
    Kami-sama=Eight million gods.
    The meaning(kami-sama) when Itoshiki says so is Buddha.

• April 12, 2008 at 11:44 amakira

By the way, the Buddhism and the self-sacrifice are unrelated.
    Do not misunderstand it.
    I wanted to only refer to as anime that the Japanese sense of values reflected.

• April 12, 2008 at 10:09 pmakira

I become emotional yesterday and have written strange things.
    I should have spoken Yuri……….
    Code Geass becomes Yuri in my intuition.
    It becomes Yuri so even if Euphemia is not.
    I feel it is the same as My-Hime.
    Code Geass might be a dark-horse this season.
    Mnemosyne is according to the expectation.

04/19 Penguin Musume♥heart
    05/02 Candy boy

• April 24, 2008 at 1:04 pmakira

The point what this anime is amazing is a thing to have drawn the
    Arume reproduction.I know it to be possible in the near future.
    I am looking forward to the day’s coming.
    Nobody can stop the person being loved.

05/02 Candy boy
    07/25 少女セクト(girl sekut)

• April 25, 2008 at 10:00 amakira

Consideration:Why is Arume all gay?
    I think ……Only gay person was able to start family.(In Arume world)
    In a word, it is opposite to the human race.
    Arume ←→ Human race
    …(opposite)……
    There are not so many things that the heterosexual person becomes gay.
    Therefore, the heterosexual person did not want to start family with same-sex parson.
    ……Interesting.

By the way ,I watch this season Anime like a bit yuri puts yuri filter.

• April 26, 2008 at 8:42 amakira

I feel this anime a gap of time by about 20~30 years.
    The stage background is not at all felt by me 1999.
    I think that Blue Drop world is a parallel world, too.(As a setting of Anime)
    ………「Ikeda Riyoko」 -ish…

I cannot speak English so much.
    English that I write borrows the power of the translation site.
    As for my English, I want you to read while guessing the meaning.

• May 1, 2008 at 6:10 amakira

Yuri and web2.0
    Candy boy is web anime.
    Penguin Musume heart is web anime, too.
    This is a new attempt.
    Yuri fan should assist in web anime.(anime 2.0)
    Yuri anime increases if it does so.

05/02 Candy boy
    07/25 少女セクト(Girl sect)

• May 2, 2008 at 5:16 amakira

Why should we assist in anime2.0 (web anime)?
    The ground broadcasting of anime was ordinary. (anime1.0)
    However, it is different in the future.
    There are a lot of numbers of broadcast anime.
    But! There is no Yuri!
    If it succeeds, the number of anime becomes twice or more.
    Yuri anime is sure to increase, too.

05/02 Candy boy (Japan standard time PM 7:00 download begin)
    07/25 少女セクト(Girl sect)

• May 3, 2008 at 9:47 pmakira

Yuri and Restriction—Why should we assist in anime2.0 (web anime)?
    There are people not flexible.
    The restriction obstructs anime in the ground broadcasting.

07/25 少女セクト(Girl sect)

• May 4, 2008 at 3:09 amakira

Yuri and anime2.0
    If there is anime2.0, too if there is a drama2.0.
    Yuri can be expected also of the drama2.0.
    The Niconico douga is a star of the expectation.
    Yuri evolves with the evolution of the Internet, too.

• May 4, 2008 at 11:46 amakira

I do not have the necessity proven what I said to be the truth.
    The passage at time proves it.
    And, it only has to examine it with Google when doubting it.
    I included various keywords in my sentences.
    ………Use the translation site.

• May 8, 2008 at 9:05 amakia

Yuri and “Japanized English”
    The Japanese is not good at English.
    English titles looks cool.
    I did not notice that 「candy boy」 was strange title until being said….
    By the way, there is Japanized English.
    English of anime might be Japanized English.
    Though it repeats, The Japanese is not good at English!!!
    English
    Japanized English(different)

07/25 少女セクト(Girl sect)

• May 10, 2008 at 9:07 pmakira

Yuri and anime2.0(ONA)
    Anime3.0 might be, too, if Anime2.0 is.
    Of course, Yuri1.0, Yuri2.0, Yuri3.0… are, too.
    Three Japanese were arrested two days ago(Big encoders).
    Even if this is seen, the value of Anime2.0 is understood.
    Anime2.0 consists of trust.
    「Candy boy」and「Penguin Musume♥heart」
    Let’s assist!

• May 10, 2008 at 10:14 pmakira

Yuri and anime3.0
    Consideration to Anime3.0:
    real-world →net-world →real-world →net-world….
    1.0→ 2.0→ 3.0 → 4.0 →……….
    Odd number=real-world
    Even number=net-world
    The net and real influence like the chain each other.
    Therefore,
    「Candy boy」and「Penguin Musume♥heart」
    Let’s assist!

• May 15, 2008 at 10:23 pmakira

Yuri and Trademark right
    I do not like the word(lesbian).
    I think that it should change the name.
    It seems to have become a suit in Greece(from Lesbos island residents).
    Then,
    Lesbian=Yuri
    I think that it is good.
    It is a word to make women’s love done.

• May 16, 2008 at 12:22 pmakira

Yuri and Power of words
    Why should “Yuri←lesbian” do identify?
    I want to compare Yaoi.
    The power of words is power of the retrieval power(Google,etc).
    BL ←It is not easy to retrieve it.
    boys love ←It is not easy to retrieve it.
    yaoi ←It is easy.

“yuri←lesbian” is necessary Yuri development.
    The words is gold in Internet world.
    The word with large amount of circulation wins.
    It is necessary to stare at the world of the future(3.0).

• May 21, 2008 at 1:04 pmakira

Yuri and Role Model and lesbianism
    Etymology of Yuri is being written in Wikipedia.
    「The word yuri (百合) literally means “lily”. In 1976, Itō Bungaku, editor of Barazoku (薔薇族, Barazoku , rose tribe), a magazine geared primarily towards gay men, first used the term yurizoku (百合族, yurizoku, lily tribe) in reference to female readers in the title of a column of letters called Yurizoku no heya (百合族の部屋, Yurizoku no heya, lily tribe’s room).」
    ↑What does this mean?  →Yuri=lesbian This is evidence.
    In a word, the lesbian was reading the gay men magazine(Only it was).
    In 1976 ,Lesbian’s Role model = gay men
    I think like that. rose tribe=gay men lily tribe=yuri=lesbian
    The meaning of Yuri of today is mistaken. Yuri=lesbian I think that this is correct.
    Though the person who sees only the Yuri works(manga,anime,etc) and is judging it might not understand.
    07/25 少女セクト(Girl sect)

• May 22, 2008 at 6:14 amakira

Yurinism and Fujoshi(腐女子)
    Perhaps, some gay women are Fujoshi(yaoi-fan).
    yaoi also Role model(for gay women).
    ….well, the word(Fujoshi) is a word made after the Internet spreads.
    Yuri changes the meaning with the net.
    Because the impression is made from a past Yuri works.
    07/25 少女セクト(Girl sect) ←Adult anime
    “07/25 少女セクト(Girl sect) ” , ← Q. Is this Yuri? Or, is it gay?
    A.Yuri=gay

• September 11, 2008 at 12:00 amMisuzu

amazing final, I thought that it was just too open for an ending, but after reading about manga series I feel so sad about it, is just a plain TOO cruel final, but I liked it

• September 25, 2008 at 12:31 amakp2

she just can’t die. my heart still hurts.

• June 10, 2009 at 4:50 pmUdmnetwork

Thanks for the Post -
    udmtv.com – udmtv.com – Watch Free HD Videos of your favorite Tv Shows

• January 24, 2010 at 4:11 pmiloveclamp

WTF?! Why?! I’m in denial as well about Hagino. It can’t end that way…it just can’t. They just got together!
    If the lady at the end is supposed to be Michi, why is her hair color different (black->brown)?

• February 9, 2011 at 7:06 pmDespina Cheves

Good – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, website theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task.. – Elegant London Escorts, 65-67 Brewer Street, Floor: 2, London W1F 9UP. Phone: 020 3011 2941

• April 19, 2011 at 3:51 amKaylene Kintopp

Simply wish to say your article is as amazing. The clarity in your post is just spectacular and that i can think you’re knowledgeable in this subject. Well along with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to stay up to date with impending post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please keep up the gratifying work.

• « Older Comments